Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:45:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790356 times)
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 09:15:31 AM

Hey!

I have a few worlds to say about the wallet(Win7). It is great but I would like it even more if it would be shrinkable to a smaller layout. Especially the width.
An additional line showing average on the hashrate/diff charts would be nice.
The wallet prevents minning for some time when transferring coins from the wallet to another address(bittrex). It is not a big problem because I transfer coins rarely(unluckily Tongue) and it lasts for something like 1 minute(maybe less). I don't remember it happening with the old wallet but I'm not 100% sure about that. It could be a normal (expected) behavior waiting a new block to be found...

Those are just my (noobish)personal thoughts and don't want beeing counterproductive in any way.
Keep up the good work!

That's a great idea, making it shrink to different sizes (widget mode) like a mp3 player or something...

Thanks for your feedback, I will consider it for the next newwallet update.

PS, never heard about the bug you describe... can someone confirm this? or can you make a video showing it in action, dominuspro?

I'll try and recreate it too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 09:16:28 AM

Whats happening with the Windows AMD miners?

I guess I'll have to stop some other apps and boot to Linux, unless there is anything out there.....

The windows AMD miner is on the downloads page on spreadcoin.info

My bad.

I remember some heated discussions about optimized AMD miners, which I thought was related to windows AMD miners. But if that's a load of nonsense then I'll get on with it...

Cheers!

the optimized miners are no nonsense coins101 ..

though i am pretty sure they are ccminer based only ( ccminer-spmod to be exact ) - as im unaware whether there is the amd optimized ones ...

sp is selling the miner - and im amazed he hasnt advertized here for it ...

#crysx

Sure, I don't like the performance of the official AMD miner.  I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount for it.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 09:22:13 AM

I guess I'll have to stop some other apps and boot to Linux, unless there is anything out there.....

My bad.

I remember some heated discussions about optimized AMD miners, which I thought was related to windows AMD miners. But if that's a load of nonsense then I'll get on with it...

Cheers!

though i am pretty sure they are ccminer based only ( ccminer-spmod to be exact ) - as im unaware whether there is the amd optimized ones ...

#crysx

Sure, I don't like the performance of the official AMD miner.  I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount for it.

go to the ccminer-spmod thread mate ... and contact him ... if you have nvidia miners of course ...

and no - i dont get any kickback from this - in case those 'others' want to say anything about that ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=826901 ... is his thread ...

#crysx

georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 09:49:50 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2015, 10:50:24 AM by georgem

Ok everybody,

official website now has a news/blog section:

spreadcoin.info

Stay tuned

dominuspro

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 09:56:31 AM

Hey!

I have a few worlds to say about the wallet(Win7). It is great but I would like it even more if it would be shrinkable to a smaller layout. Especially the width.
The wallet prevents minning for some time when transferring coins from the wallet to another address(bittrex). It is not a big problem because I transfer coins rarely(unluckily Tongue) and it lasts for something like 1 minute(maybe less). I don't remember it happening with the old wallet but I'm not 100% sure about that. It could be a normal (expected) behavior waiting a new block to be found...

Those are just my (noobish)personal thoughts and don't want beeing counterproductive in any way.
Keep up the good work!

That's a great idea, making it shrink to different sizes (widget mode) like a mp3 player or something...

PS, never heard about the bug you describe... can someone confirm this? or can you make a video showing it in action, dominuspro?

I can make a video, probably tomorrow.
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 10:04:34 AM

Hey!

Keep up the good work!

looking forward to it.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 05:53:08 PM

My bad.

Cheers!

#crysx

go to the ccminer-spmod thread mate ... and contact him ... if you have nvidia miners of course ...

and no - i dont get any kickback from this - in case those 'others' want to say anything about that ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=826901 ... is his thread ...

#crysx

Cheers. But I'm not about to swap my AMDs for Nvidia, well maybe if the right offer came along. Anyway, just in case, I followed the link, so thank you!
dominuspro

Activity: 201

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:13:00 PM

Hey!

Keep up the good work!

looking forward to it.

Trying to make the video I have more info about the "issue". The minning is not interrupted in any way when transferring smaller amounts of SPR. Sending 10 or 100 SPR proceeds smoothly. I get the ballon(wallet notification) in the windows taskbar immediately after pressing send.
Sending 1000SPR shows small interruption(few seconds) in the gpuz graph. Also the taskbar balloon shows many seconds after pressing send button.
I cannot test it further because I don't have any more SPR in the wallet.  Cry

My usual transfer is 5000SPR and there You can see a noticeable interruption. The time before the taskbar balloon shows after pressing send button is much longer. The cpuZ shows no gpu utilization in the meantime and the miner shows something like: Cannot connect...retrying after 30s
Probably it is not a bug...it just takes some time to process a bigger transfer because it is accumulated from big number of blocks.

Anyway I'm unable to reproduce it now for some weeks Wink
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 06:19:34 PM

Trying to make the video I have more info about the "issue". The minning is not interrupted in any way when transferring smaller amounts of SPR. Sending 10 or 100 SPR proceeds smoothly. I get the ballon(wallet notification) in the windows taskbar immediately after pressing send.
Sending 1000SPR shows small interruption(few seconds) in the gpuz graph. Also the taskbar balloon shows many seconds after pressing send button.
I cannot test it further because I don't have any more SPR in the wallet.  Cry

My usual transfer is 5000SPR and there You can see a noticeable interruption. The time before the taskbar balloon shows after pressing send button is much longer. The cpuZ shows no gpu utilization in the meantime and the miner shows something like: Cannot connect...retrying after 30s
Probably it is not a bug...it just takes some time to process a bigger transfer because it is accumulated from big number of blocks.

Anyway I'm unable to reproduce it now for some weeks Wink

Thanks for the explanation.

I will try and recreate it myself.

Something tells me this behaviour will disappear once we have upgraded to CORE.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:40:23 PM

Windows 10 looks pretty good. But the Edge browser is crap, and I hate the new search box that searches locally and on the internet at the same time. It would be ok, if it was linked to google search and not Bing.

Bing just needs to be put out of its misery.

Anyway, I'm now updated on a crap test machine, so I'm going to risk running the new wallet. Fingers crossed.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 09:17:23 PM

Q. Should there be a limit on the number of servicenodes, with a queue system to replace service nodes that do not perform to standard and more importantly do not improve after seeing delisting notices which would be generated by the network.

So, the point is this: with some notice period, we can have a cutoff period and those with service nodes ready to go by xyz date would have a right to form a service node automatically. This rewards those who have been paying attention and supporting SPR during this incubation and development period.

Anyone who wants to run a servicenode after the cutoff date would have to buy a spot from existing service node holders - an auction system similar to how people buy and sell businesses. And that is partly the point. We are building for profit services and service nodes are intended to be decentralised business units.

Profiteering for early holders? Well, no shit batman. Yes. The project has been live now for long enough not to be a secret.

What should the ideal number of servicenodes be? 1,000; 3,000; 5,000; 10,000?

Well, how about head of population per region on xyz date? Its a bit complicated, but a regional allocation lends itself to regional pricing of servicenodes and also franchising of nodes per jurisdiction. Oh, yes. I forgot to say, there is no reason why the network's holders at xyz date can't issue franchises after the cutoff date has passed.

So this solves the issue on how many SPR per servicenode. That would be determined when the cutoff date is reached and the community makes a decision on how many service nodes should be in the network.

This makes more sense to me than the Dash approach and the original approach by Mr. Spread; and I commend the idea to the community for discussion.

I need someone to second the idea, please.

entropycoin

Activity: 171

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:09:06 AM

Anyone who wants to run a servicenode after the cutoff date would have to buy a spot from existing service node holders - an auction system similar to how people buy and sell businesses. And that is partly the point. We are building for profit services and service nodes are intended to be decentralised business units.

what is the metric that determines how many initial servicenodes an individual can own?   Is this based on the dynamic approach outlined by georgem initially and once a cap is met those servicenodes are yours forever as long as you're compliant?

Also, what do you mean by buy?  Would this be an in wallet escrow where you would trade an allowance to run a node for an agreed upon amount of spr? 

I certainly don't have as much weight as the more frequent posters, but my initial reaction is not favorable.  I think the dynamic model allows for organic growth and incentives newcomers as well as early investors.  Spr is currently ~.00003600 and has been exceptionally cheap and easy for users to amass tens if not hundred of thousands for next to nothing.  If all goes as planned, the value will likely increase by at least a factor of 10, though I suspect much much more.  And has a potential to provide users a constant revenue stream.  I think that's enough incentive for early investors and those currently contemplating buying.

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:31:39 AM

In a nutshell, any cap on servicenode count whether it be static or dynamic (your proposal or Mr Spread's) is an immediate turn off for me because if the servicenode network is to be providing decentralized services, then surely the more servicenodes the better?  Anything kind of cap theoretically could compromise quality of service.

This is the reason why I have always preferred the Dash approach...no limit, leave it to the market to decide.
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 01:41:06 PM

This is the reason why I have always preferred the Dash approach...no limit, leave it to the market to decide.

How is creating a fixed price collateral "leaving it to the market to decide" ?

That's like saying: sure you can drive a taxi in new york, you just have to buy this 250k$ license. That's not a free market.

Remember, with spreadcoin we are going the decentralized way, so the market will even have to dictate the price of the collateral, not you or I or any special group of people.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 01:43:21 PM

In a nutshell, any cap on servicenode count whether it be static or dynamic (your proposal or Mr Spread's) is an immediate turn off for me because if the servicenode network is to be providing decentralized services, then surely the more servicenodes the better?  Anything kind of cap theoretically could compromise quality of service.

Think of it this way... even if we had no limit on the amount of servicenodes.... how many do you think we are going to have with a maximum coinsupply of 20 million, anyway?

With my proposal we are going to see maybe 7000 Servicenodes over the years...
Now if we imagine for a minute that we have no limit, and that 50% of all coinsupply is locked in servicenodes that cost on average 1000 SPR, then this would lead to about 10000 Servicenodes...

So just about 30% more than my approach.... so what's the big deal? I don't think Dash will EVER see more than 10k Masternodes, it's just an economical impossibility.

Are you envisioning a network that has 100k Servicenodes? Or a million of them? Of course you aren't. The mere coinsupply limit doesn't allow for such a thing.

That's why I say... with the ca 7000 Servicenodes my approach allows over time we will safely be able to be provide high quality decentralized services of many kinds.

I don't think youtube has that many servers.

Decentralize everything!

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:58:25 PM

Q. Should there be a limit on the number of servicenodes, with a queue system to replace service nodes that do not perform to standard and more importantly do not improve after seeing delisting notices which would be generated by the network.

So, the point is this: with some notice period, we can have a cutoff period and those with service nodes ready to go by xyz date would have a right to form a service node automatically. This rewards those who have been paying attention and supporting SPR during this incubation and development period.

Profiteering for early holders? Well, no shit batman. Yes. The project has been live now for long enough not to be a secret.

What should the ideal number of servicenodes be? 1,000; 3,000; 5,000; 10,000?

Well, how about head of population per region on xyz date? Its a bit complicated, but a regional allocation lends itself to regional pricing of servicenodes and also franchising of nodes per jurisdiction. Oh, yes. I forgot to say, there is no reason why the network's holders at xyz date can't issue franchises after the cutoff date has passed.

So this solves the issue on how many SPR per servicenode. That would be determined when the cutoff date is reached and the community makes a decision on how many service nodes should be in the network.

This makes more sense to me than the Dash approach and the original approach by Mr. Spread; and I commend the idea to the community for discussion.

I need someone to second the idea, please.

Georgem what do you think about this ^
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:15:57 PM

So this is all for discussion, anyway. Not going to throw my toys out of the pram over it.

A few points to consider, when reviewing my proposal:

1. Dash has a limit on the number of MNs. Coin supply/1,000. Sure, the collateral could be reduced, but it would have to be a managed reduction to avoid dumping.

2. The collateral was intended to avoid sybil attacks in the future. Well, if we limit the cap now and that dictates the price of servicenodes, we still get protection from sybil attackers. A sybil attacker would have to ask the market to purchase servicenode seats.

3. Dash has reached a limit of ~3,000 MN. Sure that can go up or down from here, but that, while very healthy given the volume of trade the network does and the number of SPV users, is something of a price induced plateau at this stage.

4. Servicenodes are intended to be business units - servers. The collateral is just a protection mechanism. So the question is not one related to price, but how many servers you need now or in mid-term? Bitcoin operates very well off 6,000 nodes. So one must assume that 10,000 service nodes would do the job for the next 5-10 years. Why not just say, 10,000 service nodes when we launch service nodes?  If you want to buy a servicenode, you have to buy a spot from someone else who wants to sell. That's a price dynamic I like. I might be prepared to sell 1 service node for $10k  Grin
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 04:46:09 PM

2. The collateral was intended to avoid sybil attacks in the future. Well, if we limit the cap now and that dictates the price of servicenodes, we still get protection from sybil attackers. A sybil attacker would have to ask the market to purchase servicenode seats.

Why not find cryptographic ways of preventing sybil attacks, instead of artificially limiting the access to the overlay network by making it dependend on how much money you got?

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 05:00:39 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2015, 05:14:27 PM by georgem

4. Servicenodes are intended to be business units - servers. The collateral is just a protection mechanism.

No, it isn't really. Well, not in the same way that a collateral supposedly secures the Dash network from sybil attacks.

The collateral serves a different purpose in spreadcoin/servicenodes.

The most interesting thing about letting the servicenode collateral be decided by the free market (spreadcoin protocol)
is that every person will be allowed to run a servicenode with the least amount of collateral the market let's you get away with.

As long as there are empty seats in the amount of allowed Servicenodes and no one is willing to bet more than you (to kick you out of your "cheap seat"),
you can run a servicenode basically for free.
At least for a while, because running a cheap servicenode will be risky.

You understand that this will also be the reason why we will get many interested persons to run servicenodes intitially, by basically allowing everybody to run one.
(contrast that with DASH where early investors pretty much control the masternode network)

Only after all seats are filled (which are dynamically increased pretty much every other day so as to ALWAYS welcome newcomers) will the weakest servicenode operators (and only they) see their servers being kicked, which hopefully will ignite a slow and steady price discovery to find the most "efficient" collateral.

Yes, this also means that our overlay network must have true cryptographic protection against sybil attacks and other unwanted activities, making it more complex to realize.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 05:18:44 PM

BTW, when I say "a servicenode is being kicked" I merely mean that they stop receiving any payments, until they add more funds to their collateral to get back on the payroll.

The operation of the servicenode itself (all the decentralized services) will not be stopped or anything like that.

You simply don't get payed for helping the network until you "balance your account" (so to speak).

Since free price discovery means that the price can also drop, it is possible that your collateral has more SPR in it than are necessary, and you can then move those excess SPR away.
(But that would be unwise...)

Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: