Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:57:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790353 times)
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:17:52 PM

Is SpreadX11 inherently less efficient than X11?   I only ask for the simple reason that I'm sure that I could mine closer to 2Mh/s on Darkcoin with this GPU.

i dont think its to do with efficiency - but rather optimization FOR the card itself ...

im sure if you use wolf's binaries with sgminer - you will out do the 2MH on x11 with that card ...

#crysx

I'm Windows 8...sorry I can't help with your Fedora dilemma!

Reassuring to know that I'm doing alright for a R9 270. Cheers.

does spreadminer allow for the gpu and mem clock oc? ...

if so - you will probably find that you can squeeze a bit more out ...

otherwise - use afterburner ( i think is the windows one ) ...

but for x11 - i would strongly advise you use the latest version of sgminer ( 5.1.1-17-g6666 ) and use wolfs bin's ...

#crysx

Yes, spreadminer allows for gpu and mem clock oc.  My card is rated at 1050 for GPU clock and 1500 for memory clock.  I'm running quite a bit over that more by accident than design.  I was playing with settings and stumbled across values which are stable and the fan can handle. 

GPU is running at 1225 and memory at 1600...temp is a nice stable 64 degrees.    I have no idea what I'm doing so I wouldn't be surprised if my GPU pops at some point Cheesy

I tried afterburner but it said it didn't support my GPU.

thats great ...

we have killed quite a few cards that way - but mainly due to heat than anything else ... which is one of the reasons why the rebuild of the farm and housing is underway - especially cooling ...

i would actually be very interested what you could pull in hashrate under x11 with those clocks? ... and using the optimized bins ...

either way - happy mining ... it really is a fun thing to see those blocks and coins come through Wink ...

#crysx

Happy to give X11 a go with the optimized bins and let you know...I was under the impression that they are not freely available though.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 12:25:16 PM

Is SpreadX11 inherently less efficient than X11?   I only ask for the simple reason that I'm sure that I could mine closer to 2Mh/s on Darkcoin with this GPU.

i dont think its to do with efficiency - but rather optimization FOR the card itself ...

im sure if you use wolf's binaries with sgminer - you will out do the 2MH on x11 with that card ...

#crysx

but for x11 - i would strongly advise you use the latest version of sgminer ( 5.1.1-17-g6666 ) and use wolfs bin's ...

#crysx

Yes, spreadminer allows for gpu and mem clock oc.  My card is rated at 1050 for GPU clock and 1500 for memory clock.  I'm running quite a bit over that more by accident than design.  I was playing with settings and stumbled across values which are stable and the fan can handle. 

GPU is running at 1225 and memory at 1600...temp is a nice stable 64 degrees.    I have no idea what I'm doing so I wouldn't be surprised if my GPU pops at some point Cheesy

thats great ...

we have killed quite a few cards that way - but mainly due to heat than anything else ... which is one of the reasons why the rebuild of the farm and housing is underway - especially cooling ...

i would actually be very interested what you could pull in hashrate under x11 with those clocks? ... and using the optimized bins ...

either way - happy mining ... it really is a fun thing to see those blocks and coins come through Wink ...

#crysx

Happy to give X11 a go with the optimized bins and let you know...I was under the impression that they are not freely available though.

someone leaked the bins out a while ago ( which is why wolf has his work very close now ) and so wolf decided that the x11 bins should all be released ...

its on reddit for download here - http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/2o1yoz/rewritten_x11_binaries/ ...

its a very simple procedure to install and setup also ... but if you have any issues - let me know ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:56:24 PM

Is SpreadX11 inherently less efficient than X11?   I only ask for the simple reason that I'm sure that I could mine closer to 2Mh/s on Darkcoin with this GPU.

#crysx

#crysx

Yes, spreadminer allows for gpu and mem clock oc.  My card is rated at 1050 for GPU clock and 1500 for memory clock.  I'm running quite a bit over that more by accident than design.  I was playing with settings and stumbled across values which are stable and the fan can handle.  

GPU is running at 1225 and memory at 1600...temp is a nice stable 64 degrees.    I have no idea what I'm doing so I wouldn't be surprised if my GPU pops at some point Cheesy

thats great ...

#crysx

someone leaked the bins out a while ago ( which is why wolf has his work very close now ) and so wolf decided that the x11 bins should all be released ...

its on reddit for download here - http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/2o1yoz/rewritten_x11_binaries/ ...

its a very simple procedure to install and setup also ... but if you have any issues - let me know ...

#crysx

1.66Mh/s average over 10 mins with stock bin.

2.95 Mh/s average over 10 mins with wolf0 bin.

Solo mining Dash.  Thats a huge difference.  60 degrees centigrade with fan at 75%

The question is...what would it take to optimise the Spreadcoin version of sgminer?  
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 01:02:10 PM

Is SpreadX11 inherently less efficient than X11?   I only ask for the simple reason that I'm sure that I could mine closer to 2Mh/s on Darkcoin with this GPU.

#crysx

#crysx

Yes, spreadminer allows for gpu and mem clock oc.  My card is rated at 1050 for GPU clock and 1500 for memory clock.  I'm running quite a bit over that more by accident than design.  I was playing with settings and stumbled across values which are stable and the fan can handle.  

GPU is running at 1225 and memory at 1600...temp is a nice stable 64 degrees.    I have no idea what I'm doing so I wouldn't be surprised if my GPU pops at some point Cheesy

thats great ...

#crysx

#crysx

Solo mining Dash.  Thats a huge difference.  60 degrees centigrade with fan at 75%

The question is...what would it take to optimise the Spreadcoin version of sgminer?  

nice ...

thats a marked difference ... it would definitely make a difference in the long run ...

sp has optimized spreadminer as a private miner ( i cant remember how much it was ) and that was a huge difference also ...

he said he was goign to try his hand at optimizing sgminer - even though he focuses on cuda - so it may be that for a similar fee for a private miner - he could do the same for spreadx11 of sgminer ...

either that or wolf can probably optimize it easily ... but i dont know what he would charge or if he has the inclination to ...

so who knows ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 01:04:42 PM

#crysx

#crysx

thats great ...

#crysx

#crysx

nice ...

thats a marked difference ... it would definitely make a difference in the long run ...

sp has optimized spreadminer as a private miner ( i cant remember how much it was ) and that was a huge difference also ...

he said he was goign to try his hand at optimizing sgminer - even though he focuses on cuda - so it may be that for a similar fee for a private miner - he could do the same for spreadx11 of sgminer ...

either that or wolf can probably optimize it easily ... but i dont know what he would charge or if he has the inclination to ...

so who knows ...

#crysx

I just hate the idea of inefficiency.  We use enough electricity as it is in crypto Sad  Might as well get the most bang for our buck out of it.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:29:00 PM

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/567431874578894849

p2p encrypted web, via mobile networks. Interesting.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 03:13:47 PM

Did you manage to get all your text captions sorted Georgem?
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 05:58:01 PM

Did you manage to get all your text captions sorted Georgem?

Yes, we can consider the overview screen finished.
Thanks for your input.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:28:14 PM

Thanks entropycoin, stonehedge, coins101, CHAOSiTEC and chrysophylax!  So this is where you're hiding!  I'm so glad to see you two, stonehedge and CHAOSiTEC, haven't fallen off the face of the earth!  LOL.  I'll keep an eye out on your work now Wink 

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:41:37 PM

I really like these types of surveys. They help, sometimes, in all sorts of ways

Like, the need to have a Chinese translation  Tongue

http://www.coindesk.com/new-coindesk-report-reveals-who-really-uses-bitcoin/
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:07:34 PM

Cool

https://blog.openbazaar.org/openbazaar-is-entering-a-new-phase-with-funding/

If you read down, they are copying our business model  - making money from services provided to their network Cool
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 02:10:31 PM

Cool

If you read down, they are copying our business model  - making money from services provided to their network Cool

pretty sure they had their plan put together in a decentralized form a while back now mate ...

we have been following their progress since they started - and they have done SO much ...

smart way to trade ...

would there be any way of incorporating this trading platform on servicenodes? ...

#crysx

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:55:36 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 04:22:54 PM by coins101

Cool

pretty sure they had their plan put together in a decentralized form a while back now mate ...

The decentralized market goes way back, but I don't think the services part was part of the plan from day one.

Of course they didn't come here and copy our model. Actually, just expressing that services is how they are going to make money. That's what we've been talking about - they've got $1m from investors, but no coin, so they will be running a centralized service  Wink

Would it go into SPR servicenodes? Up to devs and community to vote on it, I guess. I doubt it would be an issue as the software is opensource. A decentralized market, on a decentralized servicenode network. Interesting.

I could spend a few hours tracking down the posts I made proposing the decentralized exchange to be built on masternodes, god knows when last Spring or summer, and the subsequent inclusion of business services into DRKs roadmap after I raised it back in ~May last year.

But there is no need, we're here working on those services now and there was a big consensus last year in DRK to drop everything and just focus on the currency and going after Bitcoin.

edit

oh, piss. I sort of remembered the dates because I was on holiday.

DRK <> BTC Exchanges

You don't actually need an exchange as such....you just need an exchange mechanism that collects inputs of DRK or BTC and matches the two at an acceptable strike point.

Bob wants to sell 1 BTC

Jane wants to sell 1 DRK ( Grin)

Both Bob and Jane send their coins to a holding address, effectively an escrow, and when there are two equally matched transactions, they are executed.

Probably not that far removed from what Master Nodes do now with their 8 rounds.

DRK Master Nodes as decentralised BTC exchanges....make it so.......

I'm defo not trawling for the earlier references.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 05:53:40 PM

Cool

The decentralized market goes way back, but I don't think the services part was part of the plan from day one.

Of course they didn't come here and copy our model. Actually, just expressing that services is how they are going to make money. That's what we've been talking about - they've got $1m from investors, but no coin, so they will be running a centralized service  Wink

Would it go into SPR servicenodes? Up to devs and community to vote on it, I guess. I doubt it would be an issue as the software is opensource. A decentralized market, on a decentralized servicenode network. Interesting.

I could spend a few hours tracking down the posts I made proposing the decentralized exchange to be built on masternodes, god knows when last Spring or summer, and the subsequent inclusion of business services into DRKs roadmap after I raised it back in ~May last year.

But there is no need, we're here working on those services now and there was a big consensus last year in DRK to drop everything and just focus on the currency and going after Bitcoin.

edit

oh, piss. I sort of remembered the dates because I was on holiday.

DRK <> BTC Exchanges

You don't actually need an exchange as such....you just need an exchange mechanism that collects inputs of DRK or BTC and matches the two at an acceptable strike point.

Bob wants to sell 1 BTC

Jane wants to sell 1 DRK ( Grin)

Both Bob and Jane send their coins to a holding address, effectively an escrow, and when there are two equally matched transactions, they are executed.

Probably not that far removed from what Master Nodes do now with their 8 rounds.

DRK Master Nodes as decentralised BTC exchanges....make it so.......

I'm defo not trawling for the earlier references.

hehehe ...

if this can be a functional application on servicenodes - then it will be something we would be VERY interested in ...

#crysx

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:39:44 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 07:56:37 PM by coins101

...if this can be a functional application on servicenodes - then it will be something we would be VERY interested in ...

#crysx

What are you referring to?

a p2p exchange has been added to the SPR roadmap:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045373.msg11580822#msg11580822
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:38:43 PM

Shapeshift stops serving New York, due to BitLicences.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114540/shapeshift-leaves-new-york-choosing-not-to-comply-with-bitlicense

IP blocks mean that our p2p exchange can ban regulated locations. Perhaps we should put up a website that says people should move. lol
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 03:19:34 AM

...if this can be a functional application on servicenodes - then it will be something we would be VERY interested in ...

#crysx

thats what i meant coins ...

if this can be a functional application on servicenodes ( at the moment its vapor and 'planned' - not actually working ) - then it would be something we would be very interested in ...

because it fast becomes a B2B situation ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:24:11 AM

Shapeshift stops serving New York, due to BitLicences.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114540/shapeshift-leaves-new-york-choosing-not-to-comply-with-bitlicense

IP blocks mean that our p2p exchange can ban regulated locations. Perhaps we should put up a website that says people should move. lol

I heard on the news today, sort of in passing, that the FEDs lost their own employee social security and identification information to a hacker.  This information wasn't even encrypted.  I would laugh, but it's just too sad for fed employees.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:06:56 AM

#crysx

thats what i meant coins ...

if this can be a functional application on servicenodes ( at the moment its vapor and 'planned' - not actually working ) - then it would be something we would be very interested in ...

because it fast becomes a B2B situation ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

Ah, you didn't read the p2p exchange paper. It's not actually working, granted, but its more than vapourware - its not yet assembled from gitware  Wink
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 08:39:07 AM

I really like these types of surveys. They help, sometimes, in all sorts of ways

Usually by providing a textbook example of how not to do it.

“CoinDesk sought to find out more about this unique user base by conducting a survey.”

That, plus the cover price of $99 is all the information I need.

Cheers

Graham
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: