Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:08:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790354 times)
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 12:14:37 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2016, 12:36:57 PM by georgem

I'll see if I can source any parts you need.

Sure, I'll take anything, what I currently need are PSUs and NVidia-GPUs, ... and also donations!
Thanks!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:45:07 PM

Private Spreadcoin miner for sale with sourcecode. (0.1BTC)

NVIDIA maxwell GPU's pm for details

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 01:51:00 PM

LOL - Congratz!  Oh - get ready for a big power bill if you haven't mined before!  Be careful - the first power bill might knock you out!  Grin

Ofcourse, ofcourse.

During 2014 I ran 2x 800 GH/s Bitcoin miners, which needed 2 KWatt an hour. (about 300 CHF/EUR a month).

It was not possible to do anything else in my workshop while those monsters were busy. It was too loud, too hot, etc...

If I read the specifics right, those GPUs will need less power, and also be more silent, less hot ...  Smiley

Also, currently I'm not interested in making any profits through mining, I just want to gather as many different GPUs as possible for testing purposes.
(looking at ebay and ricardo)
I'm missing NVidia cards...

those cards are VERY noisy and VERY hot when mining - and when it comes to power - at about 300w per card - i think you have been totally misinformed mate ...

i sold ALL of those style of cards to get 'a little more powerful - a little less noise - but just as much heat' cards for replacement ...

afterall - i was one of the guys that pushed the hashrate up that high at the time ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
crysx

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 01:52:20 PM

and yes ...

it was THIS private miner that i was using for all the nvidia cards when i was mining spreadx11 ...

the amd miner couldnt compile properly on my systems - and the devs at the time didnt WANT to get it right to compile on every system ...

so i stuck mainly with the nvidia based miner ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:53:54 PM

LOL - Congratz!  Oh - get ready for a big power bill if you haven't mined before!  Be careful - the first power bill might knock you out!  Grin

Ofcourse, ofcourse.

During 2014 I ran 2x 800 GH/s Bitcoin miners, which needed 2 KWatt an hour. (about 300 CHF/EUR a month).

It was not possible to do anything else in my workshop while those monsters were busy. It was too loud, too hot, etc...

If I read the specifics right, those GPUs will need less power, and also be more silent, less hot ...  Smiley

Also, currently I'm not interested in making any profits through mining, I just want to gather as many different GPUs as possible for testing purposes.

those cards are VERY noisy and VERY hot when mining - and when it comes to power - at about 300w per card - i think you have been totally misinformed mate ...

i sold ALL of those style of cards to get 'a little more powerful - a little less noise - but just as much heat' cards for replacement ...

afterall - i was one of the guys that pushed the hashrate up that high at the time ...

#crysx

You're in Australia too?

You weren't mining with Dr Craig - Satoshi -White?
sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:54:34 PM

and yes ...
it was THIS private miner that i was using for all the nvidia cards when i was mining spreadx11 ...
#crysx

You should get your rigs up and running.

A gtx970@5MHASH is producing 4.27$ a day wich is more than mining etherum. a 750ti is doing 1.6$

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
crysx

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 01:56:55 PM

Ofcourse, ofcourse.

#crysx

You're in Australia too?

You weren't mining with Dr Craig - Satoshi -White?

hahaha - i dont associate with fake spotlight hungry bumholes like him ...

but yes - i am australian ...

#crysx

crysx

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 02:02:54 PM

and yes ...
#crysx

A gtx970@5MHASH is producing 4.27$ a day wich is more than mining etherum. a 750ti is doing 1.6$

well - the place ive recently applied for has been approved ...

its not exactly what i want - and is limited in a few ways - but will restart thefarm back on the track of growth again ...

it will also allow me more time ( and generate more funds ) to find the perfect place for the development of thefarm based on thegrid - which im now developing ...

so i agree with you sp ... i should - and will - get thefarm back up and running - but it cant happen for about another two weeks ...

i have also been developing / designing the unique cooling system also - and will need these new premises to continue ...

spreadminer-spmod9 runs nicely on the gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards ( i have sold quite a few of those - but still have a few left ) - but ive never tested the miner on the gigabyte 980ti g1 / extreme ...

maybe its time to - while i still have the beast with me ... its just a pain to mine with this algo - as i have to coninually change miners EVERY TIME i wish to mine something else ...

had it been all in the same miner - that would be a different story ... maybe an inclusion in ccminer-tpruvot176 fork that you have been working on? ...

what do your gigabyte 980ti g1 pull in hashwise - stock? ...

#crysx

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 02:13:19 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2016, 02:25:26 PM by georgem

#crysx

Yeah, with overclocking and maxing them out all the time you get what you describe.
I'm not interested in all that, and I'm not gonna complain about GPUs I received for free...  Wink
Nobody misinformed me.

Also, I am sure that nothing will get close to the heat and noise that those Bitcoin miners generated.
It was outright "dangerous" at times, weird monstrous ASIC machines created by this sketchy swiss/italian firm that went bankrupt sometime later (http://bitmine.ch/).
Atleast with the GPUs you know that you have giant corporations with experience behind it.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 02:15:45 PM

the amd miner couldnt compile properly on my systems - and the devs at the time didnt WANT to get it right to compile on every system ...

Weird that the devs didn't want to help in this situation...

A reason more for a principled dev to look into this.  Wink

crysx

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 02:27:48 PM

#crysx

Yeah, with overclocking and maxing them out all the time you get what you describe.
I'm not interested in all that, and I'm not gonna complain about GPUs I received for free...  Wink
Nobody misinformed me.

Also, I am sure that nothing will get close to the heat and noise that those Bitcoin miners generated.
It was outright "dangerous" at times, weird monstrous ASIC machines created by this sketchy swiss/italian firm that went bankrupt sometime later (http://bitmine.ch/).
Atleast with the GPUs you know that you have giant corporations with experience behind it.

agreed ...

especially if you are really only looking into light mining compared to heavy usage ...

and free? ... i missed that bit ...

free is the best kinda - ummm - anything ... Wink ...

#crysx

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 02:28:51 PM

agreed ...

especially if you are really only looking into light mining compared to heavy usage ...

#crysx

Yeah my little brother dropped by with this bag full of GPUs... and I was like ...what the hell! lol  Cool

So i now have 3 different AMD models, and I will look to gather more advanced AMD and also NVidia GPUs over time.

I believe that SpreadCoin could become THE GPU-Coin!

MrZillion

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Mundus Ex Plurimum

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 02:35:43 PM

and the new NVidia GTX1080 hashpower for SPR?

==============================================================================================================
Creators of the ZillionGRID 3.0 **** Mundus Ex Plurimum: World of Plenty **** www.ZillionCoin.com ****  TELEGRAM **** TWITTER **** Crex24 Exchange
==============================================================================================================
crysx

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 02:37:34 PM

Weird that the devs didn't want to help in this situation...

A reason more for a principled dev to look into this.  Wink

mrspread ( not the hamster ) was the one that designed the original - with some help from other devs ...

he helped to his capacity - and some of the other devs could only help so much - as they had more pressing things to look at or involved with in their lives ... so the sgminer fork for spreadminer was passed over by me - as i couldnt get it to compile ... its int he thread here much much earlier ...

everyone who could - put their 1spr worth and did try and help - but ultimately i had NONE of the amd systems mining spr because it was too much of a headache to fix ... especially for mrspread - whoever the hell he is ...

#crysx

crysx

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 02:43:42 PM

agreed ...

#crysx

Yeah my little brother dropped by with this bag full of GPUs... and I was like ...what the hell! lol  Cool

So i now have 3 different AMD models, and I will look to gather more advanced AMD and also NVidia GPUs over time.

I believe that SpreadCoin could become THE GPU-Coin!

im always hardpressed to envision ANY coin being THE 'anything' coin ... i hear it so often - and see it used too much in crypto - that ive become jaded to any reference like that ...

BUT - in saying that - this algo is not exactly your average and one would think that statement could stand true ... but then again - 'they' DID say it was pool proof ( not pool resistant and it was in the op as well as the title of this thread when mrspread was around ) - while i was mining on a private pool pulling huge number of spr daily through the pool ...

so id like to see it happen that way - where THE gpu coin actually happens ... even though i DONT like the headache of changing miners ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

crysx

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 02:47:08 PM

and the new NVidia GTX1080 hashpower for SPR?

currently - taking into account that the miner would be compiled as is AND not optimized for 1080 as well as cuda8 - i would guesstimate it at about 25% more than the 980ti ...

thats what it seems to be doing on most other algos ...

but when devs start to optimize FOR the pascal architecture AND cuda8 - this figure will rise by a HUGE amount ...

im off to bed now ... ill test spr on the 980ti g1 tomorrow afternoon or when i get the time ...

should be interesting ...

#crysx

plethora

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:51:57 PM

I think this is a very interesting project and I'm looking forward to the release of some services Smiley

If I understand it correctly, there's only one developer working on this project - georgem. Am I correct? Is there any plans on-boarding at least one more developer to the project or will georgem handle it all by himself?

I'll send a small donation to georgem for positivism Wink
sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 06:13:01 PM

and yes ...
#crysx

its not exactly what i want - and is limited in a few ways - but will restart thefarm back on the track of growth again ...

it will also allow me more time ( and generate more funds ) to find the perfect place for the development of thefarm based on thegrid - which im now developing ...

so i agree with you sp ... i should - and will - get thefarm back up and running - but it cant happen for about another two weeks ...

i have also been developing / designing the unique cooling system also - and will need these new premises to continue ...

spreadminer-spmod9 runs nicely on the gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards ( i have sold quite a few of those - but still have a few left ) - but ive never tested the miner on the gigabyte 980ti g1 / extreme ...

maybe its time to - while i still have the beast with me ... its just a pain to mine with this algo - as i have to coninually change miners EVERY TIME i wish to mine something else ...

had it been all in the same miner - that would be a different story ... maybe an inclusion in ccminer-tpruvot176 fork that you have been working on? ...

#crysx

I don't think version 9 is tuned for the 980ti. You need to play with the -X parameter to find the proper setting. The 980ti might do around 8mhash.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 06:23:19 PM

I think this is a very interesting project and I'm looking forward to the release of some services Smiley

If I understand it correctly, there's only one developer working on this project - georgem. Am I correct? Is there any plans on-boarding at least one more developer to the project or will georgem handle it all by himself?

I'll send a small donation to georgem for positivism Wink

Currently I'm handling practically everything. Yes.

"Competitive collateral servicenodes running a decentralized blockexplorer" is my brainchild, so ... everybody's waiting for this pregnancy to come to fruition.
And no, I don't need help with that. But once it goes online there will be much demand for additional brains to dissect and optimize it.

As I reported earlier, I now have much more time and money to concentrate on Spreadcoin, should be enough for a few months,
but any donation is absolutely welcome (and necessary) to pay for my recurring expenses and make it last longer.

So thanks a lot!

PS: I don't know... are there any devs out there who have time to devote themselves to cryptocurrencies and who DON'T start their own coin?  Cheesy

Anybody willing to create an android wallet for SPR?

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 06:25:31 PM

and yes ...
#crysx

#crysx

I don't think version 9 is tuned for the 980ti. You need to play with the -X parameter to find the proper setting. The 980ti might do around 8mhash.

@SP - any chance for an updated Spreadminer with more hash for us donators?  Tongue

Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: