Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:09:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790354 times)
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:06:07 PM

Saw this article, SPR came to mind with the coming of the servicenodes and possible escrow feature that was determined by the community to be the first application.

http://www.coindesk.com/lhv-bank-backs-wallet-app-built-on-bitcoins-blockchain/

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:19:18 PM

Saw this article, SPR came to mind with the coming of the servicenodes and possible escrow feature that was determined by the community to be the first application.

Cheers for that.  I'll add it to the list of projects on my watch list.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:26:24 PM

Cheers for that.  I'll add it to the list of projects on my watch list.

And make a note of this one for the escrow, too:

"Ninki holds the other key on our server and this key is accessed via a two-factor authentication code. This means there is no single point of failure."

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114513/bitcoinorg-adds-popular-ninki-wallet-that-features-networking-and-invoicing

This seems to be the escrow service we have been thinking about. Just replace 'our servers' with 2FA via our ServiceNodes, and its basically done.

Looks like a great wallet feature set

https://github.com/Ninkip2p/NinkiCordova

No, Georgem - don't add this to the new wallet, yet. lol
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 03:01:00 AM

Hi guys!  I'm checking out what you're doing here, and I'm wondering if someone can explain to me how one buys a service node?  Are they sold on an exchange?  Also, is it still possible to hit a block with a regular gpu or cpu mining without pools?  Or can only larger farms hope to hit a block.  Does this mean p2pool won't work?

Finally, are you planning on privacy features?

Thanks for info Smiley  And I do wish you all good luck!  I've downloaded a wallet, and will give mining a try for a bit, but I suspect it'll be impossible to hit a block ;P

Synchronizing is taking a really long time though I have 8 active connections.  Just so you know Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
entropycoin

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:43:39 AM

Hey, welcome.  The amount of spreadcoin required to run a servicenode will be variable:

This system of a max of 1440 spreadnodes may very well change by the time they go active, but I would still recommend a couple thousand spr just to be safe.

I want to implement a dynamic amount of max servicenodes that will slowly increase over time.

This is an idea I had 1 month ago (as a response to a discussion I had on spreadcointalk with MyFarm):
(Attention: the numbers mentioned are also 1 month old)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Mr. Spread only wanted to use a max of 1000 MNs.

1440 max MNs was based around an idea I had that this way every MN would on average receive 1 payment a day.

I believe that having twice that (2880) will not solve the problem you describe (the problem of "how will newcomers be able to afford a masternode later in time"),
but only postpone the problem so it will come back and bite us later.

I always advocated for a flexible amount of MNs.

A limit yes, but a flexible one, that increases slowly over time.
This way it gets to act like a limit (that creates competition thru scarcity, and enables price discovery), but it will also have the flexibility to adjust for a large growth of SPR price and what an MN will cost.

I advocate for tying the max amount of MNs to the coinsupply:

Max MN = (total coinsupply)/ 1000.

or maybe divide them even further.

Max MN = (total coinsupply)/ 1440.

or

Max MN = (total coinsupply)/ 2880.

So today (with 1.865 Million coins) this would mean 1865 possible MNs, or 1294, or 647 possible MNs. (total coinsupply divided by 1000, 1440 and 2880)

This is not a fix limit, but a moving target, so let's look how this will change over time:

In 6 Months it will probably be 5000 MNs (or 3472, or 1736 MNs)....

We follow Bitcoins increase in coinsupply curve more or less.

So in about 6 years, we will have 13.85 Million coins.
How many MNs should we have in 6 years?
Based on my three suggestions, it would be 13850, or 9618, or 4809 MNs.

And what does that mean for eternity?
We will have 21000, or 14584 or 7292 MNs.

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
entropycoin

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:44:50 AM

I particularly like Max MN = (total coinsupply)/ 2880.

Because it will allow for only a very limited amount of MN at the moment: around 650... (this will help drive the price of SPR up, now that it is young)
and it will grow to a healthy 1800 when we are as old as darkcoin... (1 Year)
and it will grow to a perfect 5000 MNs when we are as old as bitcoin... (6 years)

And when we reach the 21 Million max coinsupply in a 100 years we will have reached the maximum possible amount of 7292 MNs.

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:07:27 AM

Hi guys!  I'm checking out what you're doing here, and I'm wondering if someone can explain to me how one buys a service node?  Are they sold on an exchange?  Also, is it still possible to hit a block with a regular gpu or cpu mining without pools?  Or can only larger farms hope to hit a block.  Does this mean p2pool won't work?

Thanks for info Smiley  And I do wish you all good luck!  I've downloaded a wallet, and will give mining a try for a bit, but I suspect it'll be impossible to hit a block ;P

Synchronizing is taking a really long time though I have 8 active connections.  Just so you know Smiley

Hi Tante,

The old Spreadcoin master nodes went through two rounds of testing (completely different code to Darkcoin masternodes apparently) but testing stalled when the original lead dev left the project.  Testing on service nodes hasn't restarted yet.  They'll be on testnet for a good while before  being on main net.

I hit four blocks in the last 12 hours with my GPU.  It is quite hard to hit blocks unless you have a big farm.  Whilst OCminer, flare and others including myself have identified ways that pools can be run on Spreadcoin none are operational to my knowledge.  We just have some big GPU farms mining for some of the day although the overall network hashrate is only about 200-700Mhps at the moment.

You are having difficulty getting connections because only one of the hard coded full nodes in the original wallet are still operational.  This is part of the reason we are releasing a new wallet.  

Private financial transaction features are not on our roadmap, this isn't a private transaction project although that doesn't mean that an application or service that we host might not require the use of a privacy feature in the future.  Whether darksend would be of use given that the original lead dev pretty much totally re-wrote the masternode code remains to be seen in practice.  We'd hope that being a fork of the old DRK (pre core upgrade) that it wouldn't take too much work to share features.

I'll post a link to our latest update so you can see what our current targets are.

EDIT:  Here it is Smiley  https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/11hu8xM6sojS6ciqdXyFXE_ENK4TemnEr-uFucAOB3IY/edit#slide=id.p

Hope all is good with you.

Dan
BrejnevINC

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:10:03 AM

Anyone know whats going with the rich list?

Looks like people have been stocking up!

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/#!rich

Someone, somewhere, knows something.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?175312.htm

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?190677.htm

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:19:47 AM

Top address with zero balance has simply split down into smaller wallets via Bittrex.  The block explorer doesn't handle exchange addresses very well. 
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:07:45 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2015, 08:29:46 AM by coins101

Synchronizing is taking a really long time though I have 8 active connections.  Just so you know Smiley

Hey Mrs Robinson,

*This is a project update, with an updated roadmap

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/11hu8xM6sojS6ciqdXyFXE_ENK4TemnEr-uFucAOB3IY/edit#slide=id.p

*These are details of the automated escrow and the p2p exchange we are hoping to build on the servicenodes

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/19djUkzO04BhgKrh4VURFC55bI8zvo8qspSmWhJPuXrY/edit#slide=id.p

We're hoping to create a p2p version of shapeshift. I guess we should think about having a survey of which pairs to add first.

*These are details about the income we hope the p2p exchange and other services will earn for servicenodes

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jmqM4WXcznj16sKI1fNW7nHyRi0qTx-HNGqzgAgV5rY/edit#gid=0

There is a new wallet out soon, Georgem will be releasing it soon.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:01:53 AM

Synchronizing is taking a really long time though I have 8 active connections.  Just so you know Smiley

Welcome :-)

since we are rebasing the old spreadcoin wallet on bitcoin core, we will not be directly compatable to darkcoin, but who knows what the future will bring..

anyone that want to help with the work in regard to this: here is my github https://github.com/FireWalkerX/Spreadcoin-core.git

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 10:29:45 AM

since we are rebasing the old spreadcoin wallet on bitcoin core, we will not be directly compatable to darkcoin, but who knows what the future will bring..

anyone that want to help with the work in regard to this: here is my github https://github.com/FireWalkerX/Spreadcoin-core.git

just followed you on git Wink ...

I would like to see what the new wallet looks like and 'feels' like ... looking forward to it ...

as for hitting blocks - depending on what hardware you are running - blocks are not that scarce ... you just have to be patient ...

the faster the hardware - the better chance of hitting blocks ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:11:51 AM

I would like to see what the new wallet looks like and 'feels' like ... looking forward to it ...

as for hitting blocks - depending on what hardware you are running - blocks are not that scarce ... you just have to be patient ...

#crysx

I'm chugging away at 1.3Mh/s with my AMD R9 270 and am hitting blocks with a nice dose of randomness.  I'm averaging about 8 blocks a day I think.

Lets not discuss how much power I must be using.  I'm overclocked just a tiny bit Smiley
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:13:20 AM

Is SpreadX11 inherently less efficient than X11?   I only ask for the simple reason that I'm sure that I could mine closer to 2Mh/s on Darkcoin with this GPU.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 11:21:02 AM

#crysx

I'm chugging away at 1.3Mh/s with my AMD R9 270 and am hitting blocks with a nice dose of randomness.  I'm averaging about 8 blocks a day I think.

Lets not discuss how much power I must be using.  I'm overclocked just a tiny bit Smiley

that sounds like a nice sum ...

when we were mining - we were using spreadminer-spmod optimized with gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards ...

they were not pulling as much as that per cards - but the overall farm was hitting major blocks through the pool that was once around ( nonce-pool ) ...

i could never get it to work with the amd cards though ... compiling always finished and the miner would start but never did run ... still doesnt ...

unless someone can show me what needs to be done to get it compiled and running under fedora 19 x64 - then the amd cards are mining something else ...

but great results with your miner / card ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 11:22:42 AM

Is SpreadX11 inherently less efficient than X11?   I only ask for the simple reason that I'm sure that I could mine closer to 2Mh/s on Darkcoin with this GPU.

i dont think its to do with efficiency - but rather optimization FOR the card itself ...

im sure if you use wolf's binaries with sgminer - you will out do the 2MH on x11 with that card ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:30:26 AM

i dont think its to do with efficiency - but rather optimization FOR the card itself ...

im sure if you use wolf's binaries with sgminer - you will out do the 2MH on x11 with that card ...

#crysx

I'm Windows 8...sorry I can't help with your Fedora dilemma!

Reassuring to know that I'm doing alright for a R9 270. Cheers.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 11:49:49 AM

#crysx

does spreadminer allow for the gpu and mem clock oc? ...

if so - you will probably find that you can squeeze a bit more out ...

otherwise - use afterburner ( i think is the windows one ) ...

but for x11 - i would strongly advise you use the latest version of sgminer ( 5.1.1-17-g6666 ) and use wolfs bin's ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:03:29 PM

Is SpreadX11 inherently less efficient than X11?   I only ask for the simple reason that I'm sure that I could mine closer to 2Mh/s on Darkcoin with this GPU.

#crysx

but for x11 - i would strongly advise you use the latest version of sgminer ( 5.1.1-17-g6666 ) and use wolfs bin's ...

#crysx

Yes, spreadminer allows for gpu and mem clock oc.  My card is rated at 1050 for GPU clock and 1500 for memory clock.  I'm running quite a bit over that more by accident than design.  I was playing with settings and stumbled across values which are stable and the fan can handle.  

GPU is running at 1225 and memory at 1500...temp is a nice stable 64 degrees.    I have no idea what I'm doing so I wouldn't be surprised if my GPU pops at some point Cheesy

I tried afterburner but it said it didn't support my GPU.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 12:09:05 PM

#crysx

#crysx

Yes, spreadminer allows for gpu and mem clock oc.  My card is rated at 1050 for GPU clock and 1500 for memory clock.  I'm running quite a bit over that more by accident than design.  I was playing with settings and stumbled across values which are stable and the fan can handle. 

GPU is running at 1225 and memory at 1600...temp is a nice stable 64 degrees.    I have no idea what I'm doing so I wouldn't be surprised if my GPU pops at some point Cheesy

I tried afterburner but it said it didn't support my GPU.

thats great ...

we have killed quite a few cards that way - but mainly due to heat than anything else ... which is one of the reasons why the rebuild of the farm and housing is underway - especially cooling ...

i would actually be very interested what you could pull in hashrate under x11 with those clocks? ... and using the optimized bins ...

either way - happy mining ... it really is a fun thing to see those blocks and coins come through Wink ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: