Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:33:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790359 times)
calnaughtonjnr

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:18:53 PM

Also, can anyone supply the SpreadCoin logo vector please? Didn't see it on the .info site.

The pdf here has vector files embedded: http://www.spreadcoin.info/downloads/SpreadCoin-Identity-Rgb.pdf

that's why you can zoom into the logo forever.

But I am not sure how to extract it from the pdf...

Pdf was created by Sandwichspread: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14.0

haven't heard from him in a while, not sure if he is still an active member.

That's great. I've opened it up in Adobe Illustrator and separated all the elements. I'll make individual files for each part and get it back over to you so you can make it available to everyone.
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 01:27:21 PM

Also, can anyone supply the SpreadCoin logo vector please? Didn't see it on the .info site.

The pdf here has vector files embedded: http://www.spreadcoin.info/downloads/SpreadCoin-Identity-Rgb.pdf

Pdf was created by Sandwichspread: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14.0

That's great. I've opened it up in Adobe Illustrator and separated all the elements. I'll make individual files for each part and get it back over to you so you can make it available to everyone.

Wonderful. I was just about to say that I was able to open and extract the vectors with a free program called Inkscape,
and I uploaded a logo vector file here: http://spreadcoin.info/downloads/spreadcoin_logo.svg

But it would be great if you would make individual files of every vector and send them to me. Thanks in advance.

If you have any further design ideas let me know, I guess we have an open vacancy...

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 02:19:29 PM

Well well well, looks what we have here...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1060294.0

Is it possible to merge this amazingly awesome feature into spreadcoin's servicenodes?
I hope it is, because that'll be AWESOME.

Shocked That is awesome!

here is the official thread guys ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=591283.0 ...

#crysx

Interesting, but also frightening feature because it is pretty inevitable that it will be used to spread illegal content. Do we want spreadcoin to take that direction?

Spreadcoin is a currency, it could be used to buy illegal things. Should we not go in the direction of currency?

Yes, letting people upload whatever content to the network will cause a lot of problems.

Even if the files are encrypted with only some participants having the access keys,
it will be easy to blackmail us by uploading content to the network and threaten to anonymously send an access key to some government authority.

and this is different to any other storage / systems provider currently active today how? ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 02:21:04 PM

damn - beat me to it mate ... but i use inkscape ( linux ) ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 02:21:39 PM

Wonderful. I was just about to say that I was able to open and extract the vectors with a free program called Inkscape,
and I uploaded a logo vector file here: http://spreadcoin.info/downloads/spreadcoin_logo.svg

But it would be great if you would make individual files of every vector and send them to me. Thanks in advance.

If you have any further design ideas let me know, I guess we have an open vacancy...

aaand - there it is again ...

beaten to it ...

#crysx

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 02:37:17 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 02:50:08 PM by georgem

Yes, letting people upload whatever content to the network will cause a lot of problems.

Even if the files are encrypted with only some participants having the access keys,
it will be easy to blackmail us by uploading content to the network and threaten to anonymously send an access key to some government authority.

and this is different to any other storage / systems provider currently active today how? ...

#crysx

The difference is that todays storage system providers have to police their own servers and uploaded content all the time.
(control uploads, receive copyright claims and delete illegal copies, etc..., and if they don't do that, their servers will be confiscated and their business shut down.)

A decentralized content system can't be policed or else by definition it can't be decentralized anymore.

And that's why government authorities would then simply attack the decentralized network as a whole.
(and if they can't attack it, they will badmouth it and create more stupid laws, that take more of our freedom away...   Sad )

....they would even remove our pockets in our shirts to make sure that 'bad stuff' doesnt get around ...

That's the end goal, yes. The only thing government is capable of is increasingly move more towards that goal, and create more restrictions. That's their nature.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 02:42:14 PM

#crysx

inkscape is a nice piece of free open source software.  Smiley
Really, the open source world is so rich, compared to 10 years ago.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 02:48:55 PM

#crysx

The difference is that todays storage system providers have to police their own servers and uploaded content all the time.
(control uploads, receive copyright claims and delete illegal copies, etc..., and if they don't do that, their servers will be confiscated and their business shut down.)

A decentralized content system can't be policed or else by definition it can't be decentralized anymore.

And that's why government authorities would then simply attack the decentralized network as a whole.
(and if they can't attack it, they will badmouth it and create more stupid laws, that take more of our freedom away...   Sad )

what can be done - can be undone ...

there are always ways of policing - some VERY much harder than others ...

but i do agree with you on that point as well ... government agencies HAVE the power to do almost anything they 'need' to to make sure they get what they want ...

isnt it funny ... they can be as 'covert' and 'spread' in the way the operate - but the world isnt allowed to be 'anonymous' and 'decentralized' in the way we all operate ...

double standards much? ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 02:49:32 PM

#crysx

inkscape is a nice piece of free open source software.  Smiley
Really, the open source world is so rich, compared to 10 years ago.

yup - the open source community is MASSIVE now ...

and thank God for that ...

#crysx

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 02:53:07 PM

They can be as 'covert' and 'spread' in the way the operate - but the world isnt allowed to be 'anonymous' and 'decentralized' in the way we all operate ...

Double standards is the very definition of government.

They are allowed to do what you and I are not.
Their ends always justify their means, but no moral being would follow such a rule.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 02:54:56 PM

#crysx

Kinda restores the faith in humanity. Doesn't it?  Smiley

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 03:13:12 PM

They can be as 'covert' and 'spread' in the way the operate - but the world isnt allowed to be 'anonymous' and 'decentralized' in the way we all operate ...

Double standards is the very definition of government.

They are allowed to do what you and I are not.
Their ends always justify their means, but no moral being would follow such a rule.

i know many a moral and God fearing being that work there - and as such - NEED to follow this rule in order to survive ( work and eat and have a roof over their heads ) ...

but i do know what you mean ... and unfortunate as it is - we ALL live by these rules that are imposed on us ...

in any case - lets all move toward a more fair way of living ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 03:13:57 PM

#crysx

certainly does mate ...

certainly does ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

calnaughtonjnr

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:05:18 PM

#crysx

Downloading now. I've actually gone from all Apple / Microsoft to some Microsoft and mostly open source now. Can't see me going back on most things.

The only things I've struggled to shake are the Adobe products, as I've not found anything better or as good. I've got a subscription and use Photoshop and Illustrator every day.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 05:14:52 PM

#crysx

Downloading now. I've actually gone from all Apple / Microsoft to some Microsoft and mostly open source now. Can't see me going back on most things.

The only things I've struggled to shake are the Adobe products, as I've not found anything better or as good. I've got a subscription and use Photoshop and Illustrator every day.

im no designer - but i like to dabble ...

i personally dont have much time but its always good to have a collection of products to draw from ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:13:01 PM

Hey, I'm in the pub and just  read the last few pages. Am I an anarchist now? All this talk about government double standards...  Grin
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:23:13 PM

Hey, I'm in the pub and just  read the last few pages. Am I an anarchist now? All this talk about government double standards...  Grin

"We're all anarchists now"

Imagine that!
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:33:24 PM

#crysx

certainly does mate ...

certainly does ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

Oh, please. Go get a room Grin
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 09:37:10 PM

Hey, I'm in the pub and just  read the last few pages. Am I an anarchist now? All this talk about government double standards...  Grin

Lol, I'm in a bar right now as well. Bitcointalk goes too well with drinking:)

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 10:44:32 PM

Morning all, just wanted to jump in and introduce myself. I've been following SpreadCoin for quite a bit now, though my main interest has been Dash. I've got an Android app that quite a few people are using  called My Masternodes Pro, which is a masternode monitor and alert tool. I've also recently acquired the buydash.co.uk site.

I've reconfigured large parts of buydash.co.uk to work with SpreadCoin and changed the look and feel to match. I understand that volumes, this early down the road, are pretty small. I am confident that this will change and would like to try and offer an easy way for people to buy SpreadCoin.

I'd also be really keen to develop mobile apps / tools that may slot into SPR ServiceNode ownership, once everything starts moving properly in that area.

I'd say the buyspreadcoin.co.uk site is pretty much finished and I want to spend a little while longer testing beofre launch, but I've uploaded a few screenshots in the meantime.

http://imgur.com/a/Ekfr1

Also, thanks very much to StoneHedge for help and advice. Certainly owe him a beer or two with the constant questions.

Great looking web site.

+101
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: