Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:41:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790353 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 11:41:38 AM

I just finished making the spreadcoin node on VPS video. It should be up in 12 - 48 hrs.

thats great mate ...

will be nice to see ...

we havent set ours up yet ... but will this week ...

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:03:59 PM

Bump.

Can this stop pools?

Please tell me you guys understand this:   (from spreadcointalk)
My original idea is this:

The blocks that people find do not have any relation to their private key.
This means that if you are mining on a pool and you find a block, you can switch the pool's address out with yours and they wouldn't know.

We would then need masternodes servicenodes to confirm the block was mined to your address to prevent other miners from taking the block you mined and switching your address with theirs and redistributing it to the network.
From: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43.msg1335#msg1335

Now, will this work to stop pools?

The concept of using servicenodes to interact with mining is interesting.

DASH already use their nodes to lock transactions which provides instant payment certainty with only one confirmation from miners.

Maybe there is something that can work to prevent pools. But, tbh, I don't have a huge issue with pools - especially when the vast majority of the network, over 90% uses solo mining.

I think the pools issue should be constantly looked at, but its only one part of the overall offer that the network is making to the market.

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:04:51 PM

Q-

Will the end of this month still bring servicenode testing?  Shocked

If so, should we open a thread on spreadcointalk.org with basic direction on how to join testing?

Eg,

How to boot spreadcoin(testnet) and safely separate 'testnet' files and 'mainnet' files.
A guide on how to configure a testnet .conf.

We're going to need as many people as possible testing, and a guide on how to do the most basic things needed to help
with testing should come in handy.

I could open the thread but am not the most clued up on spreadcoin testnet  Undecided

Bump
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 03:34:20 PM

Q-

If so, should we open a thread on spreadcointalk.org with basic direction on how to join testing?

Eg,

How to boot spreadcoin(testnet) and safely separate 'testnet' files and 'mainnet' files.

We're going to need as many people as possible testing, and a guide on how to do the most basic things needed to help

I could open the thread but am not the most clued up on spreadcoin testnet  Undecided

Bump

I will release a new qt wallet with new features later this week.
After that I will need 2 weeks to prepare the first testnet servicenodes version. (so we are still +- 1 week within schedule)

I will make the testnet version completely separated from mainnet spreadcoin. (as if it were a new different coin, and not testnet of main.)
So there is no danger that you can mess up mainnet and testnet files. You will even be able to run mainnet and testnet side by side.

I appreciate the help you are offering, but I don't think we will need it ATM, because my goal is already to make the testing sessions very easy and accesible.

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:10:33 PM

Q-

Eg,

Bump

After that I will need 2 weeks to prepare the first testnet servicenodes version. (so we are still +- 1 week within schedule)

I will make the testnet version completely separated from mainnet spreadcoin. (as if it were a new different coin, and not testnet of main.)
So there is no danger that you can mess up mainnet and testnet files. You will even be able to run mainnet and testnet side by side.

I appreciate the help you are offering, but I don't think we will need it ATM, because my goal is already to make the testing sessions very easy and accesible.

Thanks for that  Smiley

I like the idea of having a serperate 'sprcoin' for testing, that make's things much easier.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:23:10 PM

Q-

Eg,

Bump

You know where we are if you need anything boss Wink
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:24:32 PM

Hello Fellow SpreadSters Smiley Long time no talk!! I still have a stash of Spread I've been holding onto for a rainy day Wink How goes the battle? I'm guessing that Mr. Spread never returned and that the community took over this coin which is cool in my opinion Cheesy Also are you guys still working on masternodes for this coin?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:28:35 PM

Hello Fellow SpreadSters Smiley Long time no talk!! I still have a stash of Spread I've been holding onto for a rainy day Wink How goes the battle? I'm guessing that Mr. Spread never returned and that the community took over this coin which is cool in my opinion Cheesy Also are you guys still working on masternodes for this coin?

I was wondering when we'd see your face around here.  Wink

To cut a long story short, georgem has been doing a lot of work in the background since Mr Spread's disappearance (no real sign of him yet) and the coin lives on.

They aren't masternode's any more...they're called service nodes because the idea as it stands is for them to provide decentralised P2P applications and services.

One of the many ideas that has been discussed is the concept of a Spreadcoin service node incentivising somebody for running a full bitcoin node to secure their network.  

Exciting times.  Testing will be starting again in a few weeks, it'd be great to have your help!
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 04:30:02 PM

Also are you guys still working on masternodes for this coin?

Masternodes?

Yes, we are still working on Masternodes!

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:31:21 PM

To cut a long story short, georgem has been doing a lot of work in the background since Mr Spread's disappearance (no real sign of him yet) and the coin lives on.

They aren't masternode's any more...they're called service nodes because the idea as it stands is for them to provide decentralised P2P applications and services.

One of the many ideas that has been discussed is the concept of a Spreadcoin service node incentivising somebody for running a full bitcoin node to secure their network.  

Exciting times.  Testing will be starting again in a few weeks, it'd be great to have your help!
Well I'm here and to be honest I was wondering why SpreadCoin wasn't showing up in my unread threads anymore but then I seen this bumped to the top and realized it was a new thread I hadn't posted in which is why I haven't been around lately Smiley But ya I'm a Spreader for life folks because Mr. Spread had a wonderful idea with this coin and to be completely honest it's one of the first coins I actually made a really nice mint off of so I couldn't sell my whole stash it just didn't feel right Cheesy But great to see everyone is still here and that everyone is still working hard at making this coin a success Smiley If there is anything that I can do to help out just let me know guys and I'll do my best Wink Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:32:24 PM

Masternodes?

Yes, we are still working on Masternodes?

Georgey!!! How the hell have you been mate? I'm glad to see that you are also still kicking around with this coin buddy Wink What ever happened to MyFarm? Is he still kicking around with this coin?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:34:07 PM

Well I'm here and to be honest I was wondering why SpreadCoin wasn't showing up in my unread threads anymore but then I seen this bumped to the top and realized it was a new thread I hadn't posted in which is why I haven't been around lately Smiley But ya I'm a Spreader for life folks because Mr. Spread had a wonderful idea with this coin and to be completely honest it's one of the first coins I actually made a really nice mint off of so I couldn't sell my whole stash it just didn't feel right Cheesy But great to see everyone is still here and that everyone is still working hard at making this coin a success Smiley If there is anything that I can do to help out just let me know guys and I'll do my best Wink Cheers

gjhiggins and myfarm are still around Smiley

I forgot to say, Chaositec and a few others doing an update to latest Bitcoin Core at the moment.

Progress is, well, progressing again but with some new awesome ideas to build on what Mr Spread left behind!
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 04:34:20 PM

Masternodes?

Georgey!!! How the hell have you been mate? I'm glad to see that you are also still kicking around with this coin buddy Wink What ever happened to MyFarm? Is he still kicking around with this coin?

Hey NoobKid, I was expecting you to show up sooner or later.

I don't know what happend to MyFarm, I guess he is still active but not interested in SpreadCoin ATM.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:37:09 PM

Masternodes?

I don't know what happend to MyFarm, I guess he is still active but not interested in SpreadCoin ATM.
Ya I was explaining how I thought this coin was dead because I wasn't receiving notifications on the thread anymore till I seen this one pop to the top and realized there was a new one lol Plus I was extremely busy finishing first year of school and final exams and shit so I've been kind of away since March Break but all finished and passed now so I'm back to trading full time now again Wink Was saying how nice it is to see the same faces in this thread, that shows the strength of this community and that's really nice to see Cheesy

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:53:58 PM

Using the masternode word is dirty around here  Tongue
Corsa1r

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:58:36 PM

Masternodes?

Ya I was explaining how I thought this coin was dead because I wasn't receiving notifications on the thread anymore till I seen this one pop to the top and realized there was a new one lol Plus I was extremely busy finishing first year of school and final exams and shit so I've been kind of away since March Break but all finished and passed now so I'm back to trading full time now again Wink Was saying how nice it is to see the same faces in this thread, that shows the strength of this community and that's really nice to see Cheesy

Heyy welcome back! it wasn't the same without you Cheesy
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:47:09 PM

You sure? I'm not so certain you guys would want me here lol The last week I've been accused as being one guys notification on what coins are shitty and "NOT" to invest in and another person just recently gave me shit saying I was spamming in a thread because I answered someone's question that they asked!! So I don't know if I would be the greatest person to be posting in the Spreadcoin thread if you guys want to make a successful comeback lol Wink Seriously some people can be so harsh on BCT!! I'm just here to smile and share thoughts with the community Wink So how soon can we expect the testing of the Master or Service Nodes that you guys have been working on?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:54:54 PM

You sure? I'm not so certain you guys would want me here lol The last week I've been accused as being one guys notification on what coins are shitty and "NOT" to invest in and another person just recently gave me shit saying I was spamming in a thread because I answered someone's question that they asked!! So I don't know if I would be the greatest person to be posting in the Spreadcoin thread if you guys want to make a successful comeback lol Wink Seriously some people can be so harsh on BCT!! I'm just here to smile and share thoughts with the community Wink So how soon can we expect the testing of the Master or Service Nodes that you guys have been working on?

estimated to be ready for testing in a couple of weeks :-)

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:57:02 PM

Nice that is pretty exciting to hear Smiley Is the minimum coin amount going to be 100 Spread? or has that changed? Also is it still going to rely on a voting system onto which masternodes stay and which ones get the boot? I hope so because that only increases the demand to own more Spread Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:50:52 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/overstock-medici-pro-securities/

Beat us to that one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: