Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:12:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790353 times)
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 05:20:09 AM

So much for "Decentralise Everything". If no one is going to actually reply to my last post, how will anyone take Spreadcoin seriously?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 05:42:17 AM

So much for "Decentralise Everything". If no one is going to actually reply to my last post, how will anyone take Spreadcoin seriously?

maybe they are busy mate ...

i think its a great way to do pretty much anything on the net nowadays ...

but the concept really is still theory and chatter rather than implementation at the moment ...

this will take time to get the base implemented and with that time - there will be interest - but not so much activity ...

at least - thats my take on it all ...

#crysx

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:00:41 AM

but the concept really is still theory and chatter rather than implementation at the moment ...

this will take time to get the base implemented and with that time - there will be interest - but not so much activity ...

#crysx

actually, georgem and i have already discussed it, and agreed that its a worthwhile thing to do, but it is not going to be worked on until we have servicenodes up and running, and converted to core anyway...

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 08:06:15 AM

This project is going to require some patience.  People will take Spreadcoin seriously as it steadily sets out its plan and meets the milestones, with a high quality platform.

The core team are extremely busy at the moment...it might take some time for them to get back to you.
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 08:08:59 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2015, 08:28:02 AM by defunctec

#crysx

actually, georgem and i have already discussed it, and agreed that its a worthwhile thing to do, but it is not going to be worked on until we have servicenodes up and running, and converted to core anyway...

Great work eight! I'd love to see something like that implemented.

But judging by the pace of development where talking months maybe a year to get to that point, which is unfortunate.

We do need the SN NETWORK 1st and foremost, as this will draw more community support.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 08:29:52 AM

#crysx

But judging by the pace of development where talking months maybe a year to get to that point, which is unfortunate.

We do need the SN NETWORK 1st and foremost, as this will draw more community support.
Ok thanks, I was just getting annoyed that I had posted that about 5 times and no one looked like they cared because no one replied.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 11:20:32 AM

#crysx

Ok thanks, I was just getting annoyed that I had posted that about 5 times and no one looked like they cared because no one replied.

always watching ... not always replying ...

but always around Wink ...

#crysx

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:21:00 PM

Decentralized github....love it!

http://blog.printf.net/articles/2015/05/29/announcing-gittorrent-a-decentralized-github/

Decentralize everything, yay!

what a great way of doing things ...

we would really like to have granitecoin involved in some way or another with all this guys ...

i know - i know ... this will start a flame war now of coin against coin and all that ... but really - why not? ...

i dont know how - but ideas are free Wink ... and we are happy to do what needs to be done on an idea basis ...

#crysx

Think about how it could be implemented, add an element for paid for services, then it should get some development traction.

It would be great to have the servicenode network running this and with another project involved.

If there is a way to get many services developed in parallel that would be the ultimate big win for everyone.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:49:07 PM

Decentralized github....love it!

http://blog.printf.net/articles/2015/05/29/announcing-gittorrent-a-decentralized-github/

Decentralize everything, yay!

what a great way of doing things ...

we would really like to have granitecoin involved in some way or another with all this guys ...

i know - i know ... this will start a flame war now of coin against coin and all that ... but really - why not? ...

i dont know how - but ideas are free Wink ... and we are happy to do what needs to be done on an idea basis ...

#crysx

Think about how it could be implemented, add an element for paid for services, then it should get some development traction.

It would be great to have the servicenode network running this and with another project involved.

If there is a way to get many services developed in parallel that would be the ultimate big win for everyone.

in the long run im thinking that we need a kind of API and a extra layer for communications between nodes, and services, then it would be possible to implement whatever services people would want, and the node owners could pick whatever extra services they would like to run.... but alas, this is in the future

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 02:04:36 PM

.....in the long run im thinking that we need a kind of API and a extra layer for communications between nodes, and services, then it would be possible to implement whatever services people would want, and the node owners could pick whatever extra services they would like to run.... but alas, this is in the future

+101

This is what we discussed a while back. Its a great target for an expandable future service network.

We are where the internet was in ~1993.  The real action started in 1996, and then again in 1998, and then again in 2002, and then again.......... Tongue
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 02:31:12 PM

in the long run im thinking that we need a kind of API and a extra layer for communications between nodes, and services, then it would be possible to implement whatever services people would want, and the node owners could pick whatever extra services they would like to run.... but alas, this is in the future

I was thinking along the same lines.

First we need to create fix hardcoded services so that we can gather experience and knowledge, and get the project started. (full node service, decentralized messaging, decentralized domain service maybe?, decentralized search engine, github, forum, etc, etc,...)

But while we are doing that, keep in mind that the end goal would always be to create an environment that is capable to run one last service that allows you to create your own services, in a modular way.
This final service will then also replace all previous services because they can now be emulated.

Something like this music program I use, that lets you create your own synthesizers thru a modular node-based system, where you are allowed to connect all kinds of moduls thru signals and slots.

Something like that but with crypto related moduls and dependencies ---> revolution!!!

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:03:27 PM

Gavin Andersen proposing to fork Bitcoin?

http://sourceforge.net/p/bitcoin/mailman/message/34155307/

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 03:25:46 PM

A few days ago I heard him "flirting" with 1 min blocktime... http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/35hpkt/please_remind_me_once_again_why_we_cant_decrease/cr4wk0g

He is looking for change!

Soon he will start his YES WE CAN campaign.
lol

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:33:05 PM

A few days ago I heard him "flirting" with 1 min blocktime... http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/35hpkt/please_remind_me_once_again_why_we_cant_decrease/cr4wk0g

lol

So we need to run bitcoin core and bitcoin xt, just in case  Grin
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 03:40:29 PM

lol

So we need to run bitcoin core and bitcoin xt, just in case  Grin

or gavin andresen will be put in an asylum, whatever happens first.
Changing coin protocol that late is a big NO NO!

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 10:05:51 PM

lol

So we need to run bitcoin core and bitcoin xt, just in case  Grin

or gavin andresen will be put in an asylum, whatever happens first.
Changing coin protocol that late is a big NO NO!
I was wading through the comments and I found a very nice argument:

Quote from: bitskeptic 6 points 20 days ago
If the average block propagation time in the whole network is 6 seconds today, that would (in my humble opinion) bring to a let's say 1/10 chance of losing your block/having an orphaned blockchain. But that's averaged across the whole network. If everyone loses 10% of their blocks no one does.
The analysis is more complicated than that. Even if we assume there's a 6 second delay, and then everyone else hears about your block at the same time, there's still not a 10% chance of being orphaned, because the pool who found the block will switch immediately to mining the next block.
For example, if a pool has 10% of the network hash rate, as soon as it finds a block we have 90% of the network mining orphans and 10% mining the next block. This gives a 9% chance of the block being orphaned. Now lets imagine the pool has 30% hash rate. Now the block only has a 7% chance of being orphaned.
The bigger the pool, the less competing hash rate there is to orphan their blocks. This creates an advantage for large pools, which encourages centralization. The smaller you make the block interval, the more it favours large central pools. We should be careful about anything that gives centralized advantages.
permalinksavereportgive goldreply
Quote from: edivad 1 point 20 days ago
This is probably the best counter argument so far. But still, a 5 minutes block time now with the prospective of lowering it in the future as the network capabilities improve can't hurt.
entropycoin

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:25:25 AM

has anyone looked into a viable and cost effective vps for hosting a btc full node in preparation for testnet?  What about hosting several service nodes, say 50+?

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:52:49 AM

has anyone looked into a viable and cost effective vps for hosting a btc full node in preparation for testnet?  What about hosting several service nodes, say 50+?

Everything is up in the air atm.

Knowone knows anything about how servicenodes are going to work.
The dev team told us, SN testing would happen at the end of the month, but in actual fact knowone has even looked at the code MrSpread left behind.

My faith in the dev team is slowly diminishing.

I see the "new wallet" that's being worked on as a walk in the park compared to SN's, and that's already overdue.

I hope my skepticism is invalid
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:27:04 AM

The dev team told us, SN testing would happen at the end of the month, but in actual fact knowone has even looked at the code MrSpread left behind.

I see the "new wallet" that's being worked on as a walk in the park compared to SN's, and that's already overdue.

if you can throw something together, i do welcome it, and i bet georgem would welcome some help as well, but sometimes things take longer that imagined.

look at the history of darkcoin, how long did things take... it wasnt done in a month, it took the best part of 6 months to get up and running, and the hardest part right now is the service nodes, after we get them working, adding services will be the easiest part...

the question that remain, do you want something thrown together, or do you want quality, that doesnt need to be rewritten, patched all the time?

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:45:39 AM

has anyone looked into a viable and cost effective vps for hosting a btc full node in preparation for testnet?  What about hosting several service nodes, say 50+?

I was reading some of the dev discussions on Slack yesterday on ServiceNode designs, priorities and ultimate objectives. I came away with very confident feeling that we are on the right track.

As Chaositech has said above, slow and steady is going to beat projects that target pump and dump speeds.

So.....it will be ready when its ready.

The question was about hosting.

We are testing a cheap service we obtained via lowendbox.com, they have a package that seems to meet all the objectives and the cost is $35/year.

This is a VPS set-up guide on their platform.

We have been in contact with the service provider and they are keen to help as much as possible if we feel they can get 10%-20% of nodes set-up on their VPS hosting.  We should also be able to get an affiliate kick-back to go to a dev fund.

I have been in contact with one of the DASH MN hosting service providers. At the end of the day, money is money. If there is money to be made from running ServiceNodes as a service, there is interest in running them for others. The main issue was about time. Those that do hosting more or less full time have the greatest interest - 50 to 200, not an issue for them, might be an issue for decentralization discussions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: