Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:45:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790353 times)
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:57:35 PM

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93.new#new

Edit:

Scratch that, looks like im mining my own chain.

Is there anyway we can revive testnet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 11:24:11 PM

Well, here is something to discuss, since our current block limit is 200 kb, and our block time is 1 minute, means we can handle aprox double as many transactions per second as bitcoin, and since we are going to need to do a hardfork in the future, we might as well think about if we should raise that limit from current 14 transactions per second.

I think we should go on letstalkbitcoin and debate this. Maybe have a twitter & reddit spat too.

Short answer:  Huh
lol

Looks like Gavin is ok with 8mb (for now):

http://sourceforge.net/p/bitcoin/mailman/message/34162506/

On that basis. I'm ok with 8mb  Grin

edit

Interesting overview:

http://bitcoinism.liberty.me/scaling-bitcoin-to-its-first-billion-users-and-beyond-2/
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 11:27:16 PM

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93.new#new

Edit:

Scratch that, looks like im mining my own chain.

Is there anyway we can revive testnet?

awesome topic that was..

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 02:14:03 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 02:32:55 AM by georgem

Hey Georgem, got an ETA on the release of that sexy new wallet?  Grin

I can't wait fo dat shyt boi. Is coo.
It is going to be so awesome, I really like it. I'd like to know how you change the wallet layout. Is it a text editing thing or is there a GUI?

Well, the longer I work on every aspect of the wallet, the more mysterious things I uncover. It takes time man.

For example: did you know that you will not find any SPR address that starts with S and whose second character is one of these:

m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,w,x,y,z,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

I dare you to find one.

Those characters are ofcourse allowed after the second character, but not as second character.

e.g. you will not find any SPR address that starts with Sm.... or St....
you will ofcourse find SM... and ST.... (capital letters)

As far as I know, bitcoin doesn't have this limitation.

Sadly, this does limit a little bit the appearance of our SPR Vanity addresses, but only the second char.

Well,
Everyday something keeps blowing me away!
Going deeper down the rabbit hole...  Roll Eyes

Stay tuned!

georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 03:44:27 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 03:57:39 AM by georgem

Spreadcoind Vanity Gen by Elbandi:

https://github.com/spreadcoin/vanitygen

I'll be trying this out when I get home.

Has anyone tried elbandi's vanitygen out?

I've compiled it on ubuntu and it seems to have a bug.

Here's what happens:

for example I let it search for a Vanity address that starts with Sie.........

So the program gives me a result after a second:

Code:
Address: SieiiXS9E2Gc22AtmAnzGXFpjGr1VbokaG
Privkey: 7R2PsAdjaJEgBZ34dhRmcuanABeHMzTLrN6EFjmiPT69zXyFUJi

But after I import this privkey into my wallet (doesn't matter if it's the old or new wallet)....

Code:
importprivkey 7R2PsAdjaJEgBZ34dhRmcuanABeHMzTLrN6EFjmiPT69zXyFUJi SOMELABEL false

....it does import the privkey alright, but it's from a totally different address:

SSCwYCKryr2gSLxuyDaCxCRGtangqxLfSi

Can someone confirm this?

Linux-Building of vanitygen is very easy.

Just follow these steps:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libpcre3-dev

Code:
git clone https://github.com/spreadcoin/vanitygen

go to vanitygen folder:

Code:
ls vanitygen

Build Vanitygen:

Code:
make

Start Vanitygen:

Code:
./vanitygen Sexy

This will search for a vanityaddress that starts with "Sexy". (or whatever rocks your boat. Remember there is this limitation of the second character as I mentioned a post earlier. It will NOT let you search for Spread.)

After it outputs the privkey, copypaste it into your wallet, and import it.

Give it a LABEL so that you can recognize it immediately in your address list:

Code:
importprivkey PRIVKEY SOMELABEL false

After it has been imported, check your address list and compare the SPR address.

I am afraid it is from a totally different SPR address.

So something is wrong with this vanitygen: https://github.com/spreadcoin/vanitygen

Maybe elbandi can take a look at it while I continue my work on my in-wallet-implementation...

BTW, I tested vanitygen for Litecoin and Bitcoin addresses (by adjusting the code) and they work 100% and can be imported correctly.
There seems to be something special about SPR in this regard, something that I am missing.

Any ideas?

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:17:27 AM

Spreadcoind Vanity Gen by Elbandi:

https://github.com/spreadcoin/vanitygen

I'll be trying this out when I get home.

Has anyone tried elbandi's vanitygen out?

I've compiled it on ubuntu and it seems to have a bug.

Here's what happens:

for example I let it search for a Vanity address that starts with Sie.........

Code:

But after I import this privkey into my wallet (doesn't matter if it's the old or new wallet)....

Code:
importprivkey 7R2PsAdjaJEgBZ34dhRmcuanABeHMzTLrN6EFjmiPT69zXyFUJi SOMELABEL false

....it does import the privkey alright, but it's from a totally different address:

Can someone confirm this?

Linux-Building of vanitygen is very easy.

Just follow these steps:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libpcre3-dev

Code:
git clone https://github.com/spreadcoin/vanitygen

go to vanitygen folder:

Code:
ls vanitygen

Build Vanitygen:

Code:
make

Start Vanitygen:

Code:
./vanitygen Sexy

This will search for a vanityaddress that starts with "Sexy". (or whatever rocks your boat. Remember there is this limitation of the second character as I mentioned a post earlier. It will NOT let you search for Spread.)

After it outputs the privkey, copypaste it into your wallet, and import it.

Give it a LABEL so that you can recognize it immediately in your address list:

Code:
importprivkey PRIVKEY SOMELABEL false

After it has been imported, check your address list and compare the SPR address.

I am afraid it is from a totally different SPR address.

So something is wrong with this vanitygen: https://github.com/spreadcoin/vanitygen

Maybe elbandi can take a look at it while I continue my work on my in-wallet-implementation...

BTW, I tested vanitygen for Litecoin and Bitcoin addresses (by adjusting the code) and they work 100% and can be imported correctly.
There seems to be something special about SPR in this regard, something that I am missing.

Any ideas?

i suspect this might have something to do with it:

in spreadcoin
// secp256k1:
// const unsigned int PRIVATE_KEY_SIZE = 279;
// const unsigned int PUBLIC_KEY_SIZE  = 33;
// const unsigned int SIGNATURE_SIZE   = 65;

in darkcoin:
// secp256k1:
// const unsigned int PRIVATE_KEY_SIZE = 279;
// const unsigned int PUBLIC_KEY_SIZE  = 65;
// const unsigned int SIGNATURE_SIZE   = 72;

// see www.keylength.com
 // script supports up to 75 for single byte push

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:58:51 AM

first off, read the thread before assuming anything... being a dash knockoff would suggest we wanted the different things in dash, like instantx, or darksend, or mixing of coins... but if you had just read the thread, you would notice, we are not doing so.

so, first, your a troll, and hereby on ignore from my part, i suggest everyone else should do that too,

2nd, trolls usually come in and troll around, when it seems that the coin being trolled is about to get more exposure, so i will take that as a sign

3rd, too bad you never realised there are more than one developer on this coin

4th, you do know your patetic right, do something constructive with your life, else you end up like those angry old men..

MrSpace

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:04:49 AM

first off, read the thread before assuming anything... being a dash knockoff would suggest we wanted the different things in dash, like instantx, or darksend, or mixing of coins... but if you had just read the thread, you would notice, we are not doing so.

so, first, your a troll, and hereby on ignore from my part, i suggest everyone else should do that too,

2nd, trolls usually come in and troll around, when it seems that the coin being trolled is about to get more exposure, so i will take that as a sign

3rd, too bad you never realised there are more than one developer on this coin

4th, you do know your patetic right, do something constructive with your life, else you end up like those angry old men..

Blah Blah Blah Blah, your coin is shit ! I have followed "THE THREAD" from day dot !

You guy's were talking about adding a mixing function and Instant Transactions called InstantSpread, how fucking stupid do you think everyone is ?

Your so called community is backed by a handful of people, great community Cry !

More than 1 DEV aye ? So I guess he isn't competent enough.

Keep your head in the sand because you are doing a great job !

Love you long time baby, you very handsome man, me make you very rich with SPR Roll Eyes
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:07:37 AM

again, you didnt read the thread, the new dev team has not considered adding any of those, so again... read before assuming....

MrSpace

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:17:04 AM

again, you didnt read the thread, the new dev team has not considered adding any of those, so again... read before assuming....

Your such a malarkey, there is nowhere on "THE THREAD" OP staing that there is more than 1 Developer, e1ghtSpace is listed there in the tutorial so is he part of the "Development Team" then ?

I see a couple of pointless moving GIFs, everything else is pretty much the same as the Old Thread with the Old Dev.......

By the way how is your SPR pool mining coming along ? Hahaha we all know #CHRYS is mining on and running one of those Pools.

Give up with the whole no Pool bullcrap as pools are being used and there is no problems whatsoever despite your communities so called "omg blocks can get stolen" FUD !

I can go all night, I'm like the energizer Bunny !
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:23:31 AM

just shows you didnt read the thread, too bad, your really trying soo hard to troll and fud, but fall flat on your face, when trolling, you need to have your facts straight, and try and turn those facts around to sound like they are in your favour, but alas, you failed... if you need more lessons in trolling, feel free to ask.

Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:48:06 AM

And another user on my ignore list Smiley

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:50:21 AM

And another user on my ignore list Smiley

it keeps amazing me that they keep on trying... soo many trolls are here that no one hasnt met at least one, and they just grow tiresome, its the same record playing and playing...
nothing new...

ohh well, back to working... :-)

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 07:52:21 AM

Your such a malarkey, there is nowhere on "THE THREAD" OP staing that there is more than 1 Developer, e1ghtSpace is listed their in the tutorial so is he part of the "Development Team" then ?

I see a couple of pointless moving GIFs, everything else is pretty much the same as the Old Thread with the Old Dev.......

By the way how is your SPR pool mining coming along ? Hahaha we all know #CHRYS is mining on and running one of those Pools.

Give up with the whole no Pool bullcrap as pools are being used and there is no problems whatsoever despite your communities so called "omg blocks can get stolen" FUD !

I can go all night, I'm like the energizer Bunny !

just to straighten that out mrspace ... so you are fully informed and not throw incorrect garbage around - just factual garbage Smiley ...

so - to get your facts straight ( you could take this as being a way to help you spread crap by supplying you the REAL facts ) ...

spr.nonce-pool is where we used to mine ... used to ...

spr.nonce-pool is now closed ( as of yesterday - 1st june 2015 ) and i did not - nor ever have - run it ... nonce-pool himself ( who has all my respect - and is one of the most helpful guys ) decided that it was not in his interest to keep it going as he had other larger projects to devote his time to ...

i personally HAVE requested nonce-pool sell me the pool - but again - he would rather devote his time to his larger projects - so we are back mining solo again if we want to increase our spr wallet ...

the only other pool running at the moment is ocminers pool ... issue with that one is that the software he has for the pool is no where near as optimized as the miner that we use for our farm ( ccminer-spmod private ) - so mining there would take longer ... but ocminer - is one good guy also ...

the fact that pools exist is a massive bonus where we are concerned ( which is against what spr is all about and what spr is pretty much all about - i know ) ... the issue is that it takes a bit of work to mine spr - which is not where we are at with our farm ... we prefer ease of setup and use to make it easier to mine ... BUT - we have accumulated spr and DO back the devs ... and will continue to follow the development ...

why? ... because we can ... and we believe that the guys here are heading towards a good thing - and building a worthy system ...

as for e1eghtspace ... kid or no kid - he seems pretty kool ... $10 invested or not - he seems pretty kool ... and if that really is a pic of him - he STILL seems pretty kool ... if he wasnt - he also would be put on the ignore list that most do here ...

you on the other hand ... well - we all have seen kids like you in and out of the forums ( im a member of many - and YES i did mean KID ) and it doesnt surprise me in the slightest that you say and do - what you say and do ...

so go for it ... its actually quite entertaining how you can be so exacting and pointless and vulgar ... it just shows the type of character you really are ... which really is a pity - as i would have hoped you would have been an educated and polite gentleman - with actual facts and details that would actually be of use ... but alas ... Smiley ...

btw - there is the mastertrader thread - the dash thread - the cypher thread - and many many many more that you ( and your low level bretheren ) can frequent on a regular basis ... or maybe i should assume you have pots of those coins as well - so slagging them like you do eightspace and spr would be detrimental to your profits? ...

its a pity that you do what you do mrspace - as you dont seem to be less educated than a great deal of others that are around in the threads ... but i guess there is a difference between intelligence - and smarts ...

put that intelligence to some good use maybe? ... because you obviously have been in this game for a little bit now ...

its pretty much all i will say about this ... but then again Wink ...

devs - keep at it guys ... there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow ...

we have set up a few donation links for miners that want to donate mining hash instead of 'just' coin ...

still testing - but if it is anything that we could do for spreadcoin also - let us know ...

tanx guys ... back to work for me ...

#crysx

MrSpace

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:23:10 AM

just shows you didnt read the thread, too bad, your really trying soo hard to troll and fud, but fall flat on your face, when trolling, you need to have your facts straight, and try and turn those facts around to sound like they are in your favour, but alas, you failed... if you need more lessons in trolling, feel free to ask.

I'm just telling the truth and it's falling deaf on your ears !

If you haven't noticed georgem has always been very close to Development when MrSpread was the Developer, he was there when we were all discussing SpreadNodes, SpreadSeed and InstantSpread but georgem insisted it should be called ServiceNodes all while the Dev was still testing the Masternodes for SPR on testnet.

There was talk about leaving SpreadCoin in "THE OLD THREAD" all because of the name Spread being incorporated into M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶Nodes, so most people who chose to stay before the Dev left played it cool and went along with ServiceNodes.

Dumps happened tremendously from 44KSatoshi all the way down to 2Ksatsoshi all in a matter of 48hours, the walls couldn't hold the amount of spread being dumped no matter how hard they tried, do you know why ?

Well it is because SPR was instamined upon release and the reward wasn't 6.66SPR flat it was much higher, 4000 coins was nothing to these Miners/Dev as they had stackloads but for the market price it was ridiculous considering for the buyer as here they are thinking they have a lot when really others have much more than them from the earlier days before the 1st fardfork, they might of change the cap or whatever so it is the same amount of coins still but with a lower reward but that means whoever wants to make money by mining it will end up in futile since as stated before others have incredible amounts of coins from the old reward system.

Lets not forget to mention the optimised miners with increased hashrates that are kept personal unless you buy them compared to the "slow community released miners"

When and if they get released once they have developed better miners is a different story, obviously they will eventually release their better than stock miners they were using once they have created something more powerful to be ahead of the game with.

Unfair ? You tell me !

This isn't an attack on one member as you already said but the blatant truth, have a look on the Spreadcointalk Forums and on here even check the users post history and read what they have said about SPR over time.

You will see a similar reoccurrence happening because of the above reasons.

Now read that & tell me I haven't read anything about SPR !
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:34:40 AM

Well it is because SPR was instamined upon release and the reward wasn't 6.66SPR flat it was much higher, 4000 coins was nothing to these Miners/Dev as they had stackloads but for the market price it was ridiculous considering for the buyer as here they are thinking they have a lot when really others have much more than them from the earlier days before the 1st fardfork, they might of change the cap or whatever so it is the same amount of coins still but with a lower reward but that means whoever wants to make money by mining it will end up in futile since as stated before others have incredible amounts of coins from the old reward system.

Yawn.

Parameters
Algorithm: SpreadX11
Block generation: 1 minute
Difficulty retargets: every block based on last 360 blocks
Reward starts at approx. 6.66 coins per block
Block reward is smoothly halved every 4 years
Total supply: 20 mln coins
No year 2106 problem
Initial reward was 66.66 coins per block and spacing between blocks was 10 minutes, this was changed after hardfork at block 2200.
MrSpace

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:54:15 AM

Yawn.

Parameters
No year 2106 problem
Initial reward was 66.66 coins per block and spacing between blocks was 10 minutes, this was changed after hardfork at block 2200.

Yeah we all know how the whole 10 min block times work once launched especially difficulty retargeting every block based on the last 360 blocks...

Yawn for that !

Instamine can't be stopped !
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 09:04:00 AM

Yawn.

Parameters
No year 2106 problem

Yeah we all know how the whole 10 min block times work once launched especially difficulty retargeting every block based on the last 360 blocks...

Yawn for that !

Instamine can't be stopped !

What instamine? I'v clearly just shown how SPR has never been subject to an "instamine"
elbandi

Activity: 525
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 09:05:02 AM

Code:

Code:

vanitygen is working with uncompressed addresses.
the displayed SieiiXS9E2... address is an uncompressed address, while SSCwYC... address is the compressed (private key is VK39vRX8uy5MwaQ72ySKwV66KXyZDebGct65W3nMg69kgXf3vBL9 )
both have the same private ECDSA key (621CFB6D7AA39D2AD993F39AB560CD1A872DD68D1C22199A7E48B5F96AECE153)

you can verify it: http://www.universalwalletgenerator.net/ -> setup custom, public address: 63

Elbandi
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 09:23:35 AM

Code:

Code:

vanitygen is working with uncompressed addresses.
the displayed SieiiXS9E2... address is an uncompressed address, while SSCwYC... address is the compressed (private key is VK39vRX8uy5MwaQ72ySKwV66KXyZDebGct65W3nMg69kgXf3vBL9 )
both have the same private ECDSA key (621CFB6D7AA39D2AD993F39AB560CD1A872DD68D1C22199A7E48B5F96AECE153)

you can verify it: http://www.universalwalletgenerator.net/ -> setup custom, public address: 63

Elbandi

what is the use of a vanity address? ...

i mean - that really doesnt have any real bearing on spr itself and the project as a whole does it? ...

or am i missing something obvious here? ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: