Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:17:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
no141

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 10:26:05 AM

I can't remember even believing in god. The most I remember, if having to go to church and have time to think to know it was all meaningless. I came up with my concept of time there, and why there couldn't be a god, but I just couldn't ever tell my mother since she basically seemed to live for church. I think she enjoyed the people and singing in the choir the most. My youngest thoughts did always think god was the evil one, and the more you read the bible, you know this to be true. I wished the devil, Lucifer, or the light bringer was real, since they made sense. But alas, fairytales with magic and superpowers don't exist here on earth currently. And who really knows, this planet could have been seeded by another civilization. I thought the story "Jupiter Ascending" was pretty brilliant. I like to sit back and watch Supernatural, and think how cool it would be if that kind of stuff were real. But still, my life is my own, no higher being to worship for my life, and that keeps me happy.

I hate that people waste money on religion. Hate that tidings is a tax deduction, when most churches do not preform charity with even 50% of the funds taken in. If a person has to have something higher to believe in, to me, they obviously are missing something in their life. I feel pity for those that believe, but they don't want this pity, so I offer to insult them. Just doing my part to try to make this a better world. I don't even blame god for losing my mother when I was 24 due to Alzheimers. I just know there is no godly plan, and we should all be good people to one another and be good to this large rock, flying around our sun, around our galaxy, and out into the unknown universe, that we call home.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1123

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 10:31:58 AM

Religion was made by some smart people to control a large amount of people.
And even today its being used as a weapon (ISIS, Al-Shabab, Taliban, Al-Queda and all the others)

I think they didn't make the religion. They just ruined what is the meaning about a true religion and used that for their private advantages. Yeah maybe they used that to be a leader or honorific person or the powerful man in the world.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 11:04:30 AM

And even today its being used as a weapon (ISIS, Al-Shabab, Taliban, Al-Queda and all the others)

I think they didn't make the religion. They just ruined what is the meaning about a true religion and used that for their private advantages. Yeah maybe they used that to be a leader or honorific person or the powerful man in the world.
You're wrong. This is the perfect way of controlling the majority of the population. In the past the times were often very tough, and the weak needed something to keep them going. Hope is the main thing that drives the majority even today. Introducing the religion concept helped control and keep most of the religious population at peace.
Atheists are the ones that are thinking for themselves. I'm pretty sure that the majority of people that are 'awake' and see the flaws in the current system (e.g. NSA anyone?) are either agnostic or atheist.
Atheists however aren't that many in numbers compared to Christianity for example. There is no exact number but you can check it out for yourself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:13:05 AM

You're wrong. This is the perfect way of controlling the majority of the population. In the past the times were often very tough, and the weak needed something to keep them going. Hope is the main thing that drives the majority even today. Introducing the religion concept helped control and keep most of the religious population at peace.
Atheists are the ones that are thinking for themselves. I'm pretty sure that the majority of people that are 'awake' and see the flaws in the current system (e.g. NSA anyone?) are either agnostic or atheist.
Atheists however aren't that many in numbers compared to Christianity for example. There is no exact number but you can check it out for yourself.

I agree on that.
A lot of people also call themselfs christian but when you ask questions when it comes to what they believe in then they sound more like athiests.
Its commun in Denmark that people are like that.

We live after christian ideals... (We have a democracy and no one is left behind, we help eachother)
But we dont go to church or pray.

Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:03:50 PM

As a religion people, I keep my faith and pray to God to calming and strengthen my self when I got problem. I always giving thanks to God when I was blessed and got luck in my life. I think your opinion is not wrong, because every person has different perception about that. Other people used religion to control population, but for me, I used that to control myself.  Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:12:13 PM

As a religion people, I keep my faith and pray to God to calming and strengthen my self when I got problem. I always giving thanks to God when I was blessed and got luck in my life. I think your opinion is not wrong, because every person has different perception about that. Other people used religion to control population, but for me, I used that to control myself.  Smiley

But again..

Why would you need that?
The need of attention or the need for feeling like someone cares about the things you are in need of or what you are happy about.

It looks more like a imaginary friend from a child that has a bad childhood with abuse.

desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:26:40 PM

Because believing in something without evidence is idiotic.

All religions are nothing more than scams preying on stupid people.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:33:32 PM

I wouldn't say that.  It's wrong.

Believing in something without good reason is idiotic; believing in something without evidence is not necessarily idiotic.

Clarifying, believing in something empirical without evidence is idiotic.  Believing in something non-empirical without evidence is perfectly permissible so long as you have a good, logical reason to do so.  Why?  Because 1) non-empirical things self-apparently exist, and 2) axiomatically, there cannot be empirical evidence for non-empirical things.

And, let me point out, that any proponent of science who states that it is idiotic to believe in something without evidence is a hypocrite, for the scientific method itself has purely non-empirical roots.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:41:27 PM

IMO he's right. Religions were not invented. Religions are evolved together with mankind as humans were searching for answers when they seen something inexplicable. Certainly if there's a demand someone will turn up with some sort of "supply". This is how charlatans, priests, psychologist trying to satisfy these demands for the quick buck Smiley.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:44:42 PM

Do you believe what your psychologist said to you? You see that's pretty much the same guesswork as the neolithic shaman's explanations about harmful of beneficial spirits Smiley.
desired_username

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:51:37 PM

Do you believe what your psychologist said to you? You see that's pretty much the same guesswork as the neolithic shaman's explanations about harmful of beneficial spirits Smiley.

Science has not uncovered the inner workings of a human brain so I take everything with a truck load of salt what a psychologist has to say (I don't even consider it real science yet).

The scientific method relies on available information and not idiotic beliefs. It is constantly evolving, scrutinized and does not stuck with dogmas.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:04:38 PM

The scientific method relies on available information and not idiotic beliefs. It is constantly evolving, scrutinized and does not stuck with dogmas.

The scientific method relies on deduction first, then generalizing the results and finally creating rules depending on the success of the generalization attempt. Actually this could be just as misleading as any religious beliefs, and scientists can be as dogmatic as the most hardcore members of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Fidei Smiley.
desired_username

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:55:56 PM

The scientific method relies on deduction first, then generalizing the results and finally creating rules depending on the success of the generalization attempt. Actually this could be just as misleading as any religious beliefs, and scientists can be as dogmatic as the most hardcore members of the Congregatio pro Doctrina Fidei Smiley.

The behaviour of some scientists doesn't have anything to do with the fundamentals of science.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:03:37 PM

Science has not uncovered the inner workings of a human brain so I take everything with a truck load of salt what a psychologist has to say (I don't even consider it real science yet).

Scientific *conclusions* rely on available empirical information.  The scientific method relies solely upon philosophical reasoning supporting empirical epistemology.

To this extent, the scientific method *does* rely upon belief, just not idiotic ones.  Specifically, it relies on the belief in the validity of logical inference as it relates to inductive reasoning.  This validity is established entirely by logic, and not by physical evidence whatsoever.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 02:25:06 PM

IMO he's right. Religions were not invented. Religions are evolved together with mankind as humans were searching for answers when they seen something inexplicable. Certainly if there's a demand someone will turn up with some sort of "supply". This is how charlatans, priests, psychologist trying to satisfy these demands for the quick buck Smiley.
That's only what they want you to believe. It is quite hard to interpret ancient writings the way that suits the people. Belief in nature and the supernatural probably did; religions like Christianity did not.

As a religion people, I keep my faith and pray to God to calming and strengthen my self when I got problem. I always giving thanks to God when I was blessed and got luck in my life. I think your opinion is not wrong, because every person has different perception about that. Other people used religion to control population, but for me, I used that to control myself.  Smiley
But again..
Why would you need that?
The need of attention or the need for feeling like someone cares about the things you are in need of or what you are happy about.

It looks more like a imaginary friend from a child that has a bad childhood with abuse.
That's quite irrational. Praying doesn't strengthen anything besides you thinking it does. That's where the delusion comes in. Has anyone ever written a scientific paper on the benefits of praying on the body? (besides the nonsense of being calmer/nicer and what-not) I doubt it; case solved.
If you really want to strengthen your persona you should take up something that actually works. Meditation (it actually has health benefits).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:32:47 PM

I can agree that praying will make YOU feel better but it will not help anyone.
As said above, meditation should be the best way Smiley

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:53:11 PM

That's only what they want you to believe. It is quite hard to interpret ancient writings the way that suits the people. Belief in nature and the supernatural probably did; religions like Christianity did not.

The best thing in ancient writings is that you can interpret and explain it as you want.
desired_username

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:55:16 PM

Scientific *conclusions* rely on available empirical information.  The scientific method relies solely upon philosophical reasoning supporting empirical epistemology.

To this extent, the scientific method *does* rely upon belief, just not idiotic ones.  Specifically, it relies on the belief in the validity of logical inference as it relates to inductive reasoning.  This validity is established entirely by logic, and not by physical evidence whatsoever.

And there I'll play the english is not my native language card.

I only implied that there's a good reason why an "atheist" rejects religion. There is no religion which is not based on bullshit (I see we can agree on that). Science on the other hand is all about seeking more knowledge without underlying agendas, delusions or criminal intent.

It really comes down to how these react to unknowns.

Scientific example:

(first solar eclipse happening)

"hmm, WTF is happening, let's investigate to understand what is causing this phenomenon"

Religious:

(first solar eclipse happening)

"IT MUST BE IMAGINARY SKYWIZARDS DOING SHIT BECAUSE X MADE UP REASON, YOU'RE GOING TO BURN IN HELL IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE (waves hands)"

While you could say that science uses beliefs but they cannot be compared to religious delusions in their nature.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 02:55:53 PM

Same applies to atheists who believe that all the wrong done in this world is because of religion and their belief in God. For them, evil people are evil because of religion. They say that because they get abused by people who are theists (although it's wrong that those people abuse them and they are bad people) but that doesn't mean that those bad people do the same because of their belief. They are just plain bad/evil.

Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:57:12 PM

I can agree that praying will make YOU feel better but it will not help anyone.
As said above, meditation should be the best way Smiley

Yes, meditation is the best way. I think everything that could make your mind be refresh is meditation. But, my meditation is praying. Everyone can take anything that he like to calm and strengthen himself, just choose the best.  Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: