Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:02:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC in your country  (Read 44477 times)
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 06:35:54 AM

As far as i know, only rupiah is the legal currency. It means bitcoin & other currencies isn't allowed Sad

So, can't we use foreign currency then in there, like USD?

There are few shops which accept bitcoin in indonesia, but most of them are online shop.
Also, Bank Indonesia (Central bank of the Republic of Indonesia) said that they only found 2 shops which accept bitcoin few years ago

Yeah I think online shop is safer place to use bitcoin than in real world then. So, what the central bank did to shops, since bitcoin is being banned in the country? But I'm impressed the bank did search the shops that accept bitcoin, I guess it means bitcoin has influenced economy of Indonesia since few years ago.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 04:11:25 PM

As far as i know, only rupiah is the legal currency. It means bitcoin & other currencies isn't allowed Sad

So, can't we use foreign currency then in there, like USD?

You can't use it to buy things or pay any food using USD in Indonesia, may be there have some but not many places do that. If there is acceptable market, they are just saving it for the future, like investment too, because from what I know fiat exchanger add too much in every change that you make and it will make you loss some of your fiat so it is better to sell something using USD or any other currencies to prevent this
Fullbuster

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:44:40 PM

In my country it is a bit developed, but less, when i was abroad i had seen 0 articles or atms regarding btc but i did see one in my country surprisingly... i thought i'D see more in Eu.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:51:46 PM

well Portugal as i had read received an atm on there already ,about the way it is there i dont know since i live in Brazil soo here still like i dont know what it is.Just some people know and use bitcoin but surely reaching more people daily
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:58:30 PM

I don't know many people around me who uses bitcoin as a currency to buy or invest on a daily bases. But a lot of people do know about bitcoin the technology, they're just not willing to invest in this. I think it's because bitcoin hasn't been well the recent year or so, and people lost interested as bitcoin declined and other cyrpto coins rise. But it will get better as it just hit the $260 mark.  Smiley
ThEmporium

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 12:13:32 AM

in my country(india) very few peoples know about bitcoin so its a big inaccebilty here because of so less use of it..but still i have a lot of advantages too i can buy some stuffy with bitcoin and i can suprise my friends and familys with it Cheesy they think it is cool but they don't know what it is
India has also the Bitcoin exchange such as BTCXIndia and Unocoin, BTCXIndia is the first Bitcoin exchange in India, last year there were Bitcoin Interaction and Hangout organized in Mumbai on 2nd August 2014 at Coffee Bean Tea Leaf Bandra. About 40-45 Bitcoiners attended the meeting and discussed and shared thoughts on various aspect of budding Bitcoin environment in India.
knowhow

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:11:20 AM

well soo INDIA is already taking a huge step there is soo many interest on bitcoin,countries will be forced to accept it instead blocking it or ban it they cant do it for a long time.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 11:52:00 AM

Iam from Indonesia.  Smiley
And in my country its developing in Indonesian forum's  Smiley
In real life, i dont have people was use Bitcoin  Cheesy

well from you government they more likely to follow the banks than they people. You should blamed the banks in indonesia because they banned bitcoin in your country. well you are not democratic country so that people haven't power to make a decision in your government.
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 12:34:57 PM

well Portugal as i had read received an atm on there already ,about the way it is there i dont know since i live in Brazil soo here still like i dont know what it is.Just some people know and use bitcoin but surely reaching more people daily

I have heard Brazil has many shops accepting bitcoin, that's cool imo. Have you ever visited one of the shops?

I don't know many people around me who uses bitcoin as a currency to buy or invest on a daily bases. But a lot of people do know about bitcoin the technology, they're just not willing to invest in this. I think it's because bitcoin hasn't been well the recent year or so, and people lost interested as bitcoin declined and other cyrpto coins rise. But it will get better as it just hit the $260 mark.  Smiley

Well I think they will get interested about anything that give them higher profit. I guess they haven't known yet about how to make it profitable for them.

well from you government they more likely to follow the banks than they people. You should blamed the banks in indonesia because they banned bitcoin in your country. well you are not democratic country so that people haven't power to make a decision in your government.

I think Greeks is the first people that used democratic as their ideology, and the government there still don't accept bitcoin now. So, I think bitcoin legality is not always depend to ideology of the nation.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
knowhow

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:31:07 PM

I have heard Brazil has many shops accepting bitcoin, that's cool imo. Have you ever visited one of the shops?

Well I think they will get interested about anything that give them higher profit. I guess they haven't known yet about how to make it profitable for them.

I think Greeks is the first people that used democratic as their ideology, and the government there still don't accept bitcoin now. So, I think bitcoin legality is not always depend to ideology of the nation.

well i dont know those shops i live at RIO DE JANEIRO and i guess those shops  located at other region,otherwise i must search and take my wife into it and pay with bitcoins to her know that those bitcoins and the time i am online im earning some money .
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 03:52:06 PM

well i dont know those shops i live at RIO DE JANEIRO and i guess those shops  located at other region,otherwise i must search and take my wife into it and pay with bitcoins to her know that those bitcoins and the time i am online im earning some money .

Actually I have no idea about that, but you can read this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1102662.0 
The OP said there are more than 150 stores in Brazil, you can ask him about it. You must prove your wife that bitcoin is developing now, good luck for that  Smiley

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
grandFX
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 06:41:23 PM

Iam from Indonesia.  Smiley
And in my country its developing in Indonesian forum's  Smiley
In real life, i dont have people was use Bitcoin  Cheesy

bitcoin offers an alternative to the conventional
and banking system, maybe thats why powerful instutions are so wary of it
knowhow

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:16:56 PM

Actually I have no idea about that, but you can read this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1102662.0 
The OP said there are more than 150 stores in Brazil, you can ask him about it. You must prove your wife that bitcoin is developing now, good luck for that  Smiley

well i will take a look into it deeply ,if some of those is near me i will get her into it would be amazing to show her that im not crazy as seems to be
Hollingsworth

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:07:33 AM

Ultimately, does bitcoin recognize any nation's border? 

It's encryption scheme on the internet ensures worlwide access with completely unfettered usage.

I can walk into any WiFi coffee shop in the world, and with my smartphone, exchange bitcoin for fiat currency, goods or services with a bitcoin counterpart.

Just as the internet has broken the information barrier, bitcoin is breaking thru our old antiquated models of currency.

H.
kevindurant

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:33:41 AM

Hi!  Smiley
How BTC bitcoin developed in your country? Are there many people in your real life that you know that use BTC ?

You know my country. The USA is the best in the world in everything. We legalize marijuana, now we will legalize Bitcoin. Cheesy

jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 06:59:12 AM

well i will take a look into it deeply ,if some of those is near me i will get her into it would be amazing to show her that im not crazy as seems to be

Well let us know then how her expression is after you visit the shop with her  Wink

You know my country. The USA is the best in the world in everything. We legalize marijuana, now we will legalize Bitcoin. Cheesy

Have you visited one of the shops that accept bitcoin there? I wondered what it was like to be there, since in my city has no shop like that. Actually I think that US has legalized bitcoin few years ago.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 11:24:38 AM

I know many people from my country who are engage with bitcoin since last 2 3 years. It is a experience with Bitcoin. In my country bitcoin have importance because too much people earn money from bitcoin Forum.
Thanks
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:01:23 PM

I know many people from my country who are engage with bitcoin since last 2 3 years. It is a experience with Bitcoin. In my country bitcoin have importance because too much people earn money from bitcoin Forum.
Thanks

You can't decide about the importance of bitcoin in your country because you can't really know how many are there that doing bitcoin in your country, may be you know some but with people earn from this forum doesnt mean that it is really important to them. It is not for you to decide whether bitcoin is important to your country or not
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 02:51:33 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2015, 04:13:10 PM by jayce

Thanks

Well if your country has many shop that accept bitcoin, you can say bitcoin is important for the country. I guess people from your country just exchange their bitcoin from its forum to fiat, and I think the important thing for that people is real money, not bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:27:43 PM

Thanks

Well if your country has many shop that accept bitcoin, you can say bitcoin is important for the country. I guess people from your country just exchange their bitcoin from its forum to fiat, and I think the important thing for the people is real money, not bitcoin.

For them change bitcoin to fiat because they still dont believe about what bitcoin can do in future, and they are using this kind of method to earn in fiat not really invest in bitcoin, but this is just a few of people that doing this kind of thing. Most of them are using bitcoin to help their financial problem but the government are still not fully support them
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: