Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:00:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 212 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter?  (Read 304450 times)
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:19:15 AM

For true devotees of Bitcoin, the price of the digital currency is almost irrelevant. They believe in its inherent value or, more frequently, cannot see any value at all in the alternative of government issued fiat currency. Price is therefore not a concern. At the other end of the spectrum, for those that harbor what appears to be an irrational hatred of Bitcoin and anything to do with it, the exchange rate also matters little. They were screaming that it was all worthless when the price was at over $1000, and somehow convince themselves that an exchange rate of over 200 times what it was before that bubble proves their point. For the vast majority of people somewhere in the middle, however, the price of the currency in Dollar, Euro, Yuan or whatever terms is important.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/does-the-price-of-bitcoin-matter-cm476312#ixzz3a1cH4qcU
I don't really think that there are that many devotees of Bitcoin. A lot of people are just trying to make profit off Bitcoin, so the price definitely does matter. I am one of those people, so the price matters to me.

Price matters to each and every user of bitcoin, if  bitcoin falls back to $100 then I am sure many of users will quit bitcoin and make their investment in some other product.

Lol? I will definitely not quit when Bitcoin goes down to $100 prices. I will use that situation in my advantage to buy as many coins as I can. And I'm sure other people will do the same.

Me too, if that happens that bitcoin will down to $100, that is the best time to invest and buy bitcoin.
Take the opportunity because for just the short time it will rise again.

Vires in Numeris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InsideBjorn

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:29:41 AM

The price of Bitcoin is really important and that is quite nice because if the value is high than there will be a lot of people that can have some profit and that is also nice.
And the bad thing only is that it can takes a long time until the value will be more worth so you need the patience for it.
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:25:41 PM

The price of Bitcoin is really important and that is quite nice because if the value is high than there will be a lot of people that can have some profit and that is also nice.
And the bad thing only is that it can takes a long time until the value will be more worth so you need the patience for it.

Yes I think people are attracted towards bitcoin only because of its price and the volatility that it holds which allows people to earn profits in short term.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 03:45:07 PM

Yes I think people are attracted towards bitcoin only because of its price and the volatility that it holds which allows people to earn profits in short term.
Well developers works based on these and their price is an estimation of what they will be getting paid for do the work soo sure in the ends to who have bitcoins and buy and sell will matter a lot,being one of the main reasons people are addicted to bitcoins and cant stay away from it.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 04:27:52 PM

For true devotees of Bitcoin, the price of the digital currency is almost irrelevant. They believe in its inherent value or, more frequently, cannot see any value at all in the alternative of government issued fiat currency. Price is therefore not a concern. At the other end of the spectrum, for those that harbor what appears to be an irrational hatred of Bitcoin and anything to do with it, the exchange rate also matters little. They were screaming that it was all worthless when the price was at over $1000, and somehow convince themselves that an exchange rate of over 200 times what it was before that bubble proves their point. For the vast majority of people somewhere in the middle, however, the price of the currency in Dollar, Euro, Yuan or whatever terms is important.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/does-the-price-of-bitcoin-matter-cm476312#ixzz3a1cH4qcU
I don't really think that there are that many devotees of Bitcoin. A lot of people are just trying to make profit off Bitcoin, so the price definitely does matter. I am one of those people, so the price matters to me.

Price matters to each and every user of bitcoin, if  bitcoin falls back to $100 then I am sure many of users will quit bitcoin and make their investment in some other product.

Lol? I will definitely not quit when Bitcoin goes down to $100 prices. I will use that situation in my advantage to buy as many coins as I can. And I'm sure other people will do the same.

Me too, if that happens that bitcoin will down to $100, that is the best time to invest and buy bitcoin.

what some see as a very bad moment for bitcoin, can be seen as a great opportunity by the other. i would not wait with investing when the prices tanks to such prices. usually i only use 50% of the money i have for investment purposes and keep the other 50% for when the price goes down further, but at $100 prices i will go all in.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:40:30 PM

what some see as a very bad moment for bitcoin, can be seen as a great opportunity by the other. i would not wait with investing when the prices tanks to such prices. usually i only use 50% of the money i have for investment purposes and keep the other 50% for when the price goes down further, but at $100 prices i will go all in.

I wouldn't go all in at any price. Even not at $100 per coin because I believe that it may go even lower than that.

And if the price indeed goes lower than $100 per coin, then I can buy even at lower rates.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:44:30 PM

I wouldn't go all in at any price. Even not at $100 per coin because I believe that it may go even lower than that.

And if the price indeed goes lower than $100 per coin, then I can buy even at lower rates.

The true believers of bitcoin will never quit bitcoin even if it falls to $100 or below it, they will see it as an opportunity to buy some more coins and hold it for future to earn some good profits.
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 06:43:51 PM

Price is matter for sure, maybe some people who using bitcoin as currency don't care about it, but people who using it for investment should undertand how price is important.

lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 07:09:23 PM

For newbies the price does matter if they see the price rise they will buy in and if it goes down they will sell all their bitcoins fast for sure.
I think this rule is only applying for the newbies..

I think no, for newbies price is the main factor to begin working with crypto currency world, they seeing that price is good and than making decision.
Yes those people who are new to bitcoin cannot handle their coins and they only depend on the price of it, when they see the price at height they adopt it while at decline of price they readily leave to use bitcoin and redeem their fiat.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 03:59:27 AM

Most users enter into bitcoin with the hope of earning high but when they experience the loss some make decision to leave, but the one who clearly understood bitcoin will continue to make more with it's volatility.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:50:47 AM

The price does matter because that is the representation of its value, if the price is high that simply mean that the value is high. I believe that bitcoins will become more valuable in the near future that is why I am slowly saving a little of it in my wallet.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 07:38:37 PM

For newbies the price does matter if they see the price rise they will buy in and if it goes down they will sell all their bitcoins fast for sure.

I think no, for newbies price is the main factor to begin working with crypto currency world, they seeing that price is good and than making decision.
For newbies the price increase is a major factor in order to join bitcoin and after that if they involved completely in that field they try to learn more and so after that they come to know all the realities of bitcoin.
Yes, after looking the increasing price everyone will immediately join bitcoin without gaining any knowledge and facts about that, so in that way the rice of price is one of the major factor for attracting people to bitcoin.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:12:01 PM

Price is matter for sure, maybe some people who using bitcoin as currency don't care about it, but people who using it for investment should undertand how price is important.

Even if you are just using Bitcoin as currency the price matters a lot. High prices are a motivation for people to spend their coins. If the price is low then people will simply hold their coins till the price goes up again.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:13:18 PM

Most users enter into bitcoin with the hope of earning high but when they experience the loss some make decision to leave, but the one who clearly understood bitcoin will continue to make more with it's volatility.

Well bitcoins allows some people to make easy money working just with and at bitcoin world,just trading it along the day or week.People nowadays search for price and quality ,in fact the most now just search for the best price to make their shop.With bitcoin is almost the same,you choose when to enter and when to sell it,sure if you bought last year from 250 and now its near 500 you are willing to sell your coins.In the end bitcoin price will always act as the main reason some people use and get into bitcoin world,just trading it.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 09:47:40 PM

Even if you are just using Bitcoin as currency the price matters a lot. High prices are a motivation for people to spend their coins. If the price is low then people will simply hold their coins till the price goes up again.

What do you mean by spending their coins? Going back to fiat?

Ulloa

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:52:08 PM

Well bitcoins allows some people to make easy money working just with and at bitcoin world,just trading it along the day or week.People nowadays search for price and quality ,in fact the most now just search for the best price to make their shop.With bitcoin is almost the same,you choose when to enter and when to sell it,sure if you bought last year from 250 and now its near 500 you are willing to sell your coins.In the end bitcoin price will always act as the main reason some people use and get into bitcoin world,just trading it.
The price of Bitcoin is really important and with that you can see that there will be more people that is going to use it when the value is high and that is logic.
Because the most people wants to make profit of course with Bitcoin and that is nice for the currency itself.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:59:33 PM

For the people that know the bitcoin it doesn't matter anymore but for the new people it matter for sure.
They are buying and selling on these prices these days.
Adrayrd

Activity: 271

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:59:41 PM

off course the price of the bitcoin matters if he has a stable price he won't be so popular.
To invest in bitcoins makes them only stronger. You cant buy something of  you don't have enough to even buy it.
If something costs 400 and the coin price is 300 you can't buy it but maybe next week if the value is higher.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:15:12 PM

I think newbies are the ones who aren't affected that much when bitcoin price moves. They have very little to no bitcoin at all. Of course they will not wait for the halving just to get some cents out of their little sats. Although newbies might somehow look at the value of the bitcoin first before they start their journey in earning bitcoins. A bigger price of BTC will motivate not only the people who are just starting in bitcoin but also the people who are already earning bitcoins.
Yes, the bigger price help people to motivate them to join bitcoin and if the price of bitcoin was not that much high there would be very less people and the image of bitcoin would not have that much as is today.
And when the price is decreasing then even the older users of bitcoin will also leave bitcoin as no one want to lose their money with the volatility of bitcoin price, so we can say that the price matter.
watermark

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 03:09:18 PM

I may try to buy and sell with the price changes to make gains. So to me I think the price does matter.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 212 »
  Print  

Jump to: