Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:34:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 [443] 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382131 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:23:47 AM

I actually fear SC will suffer a short term sump similar to bcn on Binance. Would've preferred sc on Binance when the market is better
I think on the contrary, the team came to finance on time. Since any almost coin when entering the exchange, first has a pattern to grow slightly in price, and then follows a long fall. Now is a period when all the coins fall in price.
This year showed us new trend that supply of coins was nothing but an illusion and what matters most is the working platform and use case of any coin or token.

yeah, my question is ..will the working platform be in place for the 3x to 7x the capacity that the original sia-tech obelisk only miners...that they expected...

IMHO, the network decentralized storage better be able to scale fast in July 2018, or we are all screwed....in that you have what, say 4x the ASIC capacity and they are

all going to jump on, driving up difficulty from day one? Again, if I remember right, the original 10k of obelisk units (their original goal) was to hit according to sia-tech

would be 30% inflation of coin per month....so can the decentralized network they supposedly have, be in place to take this load, and move their vision of 10c to $1

decentralized cloud storage in comparison to Amazon?

Again, if the ASIC's hit and their network is not up to speed...all that will happen is everyone making coin..till they shut the ASIC's off and then you have no network

because they can't make enough to pay for the electric....this could be  a cluster....inform me my fears are meaningless please...

brad

the most convenient way to contact the developers. write on the YouTube channel in the comments. as soon as the new video comes out. write first .they will hear you 100%. you can write to them what you think.)))

did so ....deafening silence...they just don't want to say ......because they have no clue is my assumption.....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:31:00 AM

I actually fear SC will suffer a short term sump similar to bcn on Binance. Would've preferred sc on Binance when the market is better
I think on the contrary, the team came to finance on time. Since any almost coin when entering the exchange, first has a pattern to grow slightly in price, and then follows a long fall. Now is a period when all the coins fall in price.
This year showed us new trend that supply of coins was nothing but an illusion and what matters most is the working platform and use case of any coin or token.

yeah, my question is ..will the working platform be in place for the 3x to 7x the capacity that the original sia-tech obelisk only miners...that they expected...

IMHO, the network decentralized storage better be able to scale fast in July 2018, or we are all screwed....in that you have what, say 4x the ASIC capacity and they are

all going to jump on, driving up difficulty from day one? Again, if I remember right, the original 10k of obelisk units (their original goal) was to hit according to sia-tech

would be 30% inflation of coin per month....so can the decentralized network they supposedly have, be in place to take this load, and move their vision of 10c to $1

Again, if the ASIC's hit and their network is not up to speed...all that will happen is everyone making coin..till they shut the ASIC's off and then you have no network

because they can't make enough to pay for the electric....this could be  a cluster....inform me my fears are meaningless please...

brad

Blockchain is self-regulating, your fears are meaningless Cheesy
No idea where you heard about 30% monthly inflation

was on their main page with their supposed calculator on first lot of miners when they we're  attempting 10k of miner sales first batch

blockchain will be fine...paying the ASIC miners with no decentralized storage option in the works at the time this many ASIC's hit will result

in lots of coin inflation...and price will dump...siacoin is not a coin based on scarcity..it is a token..thus if no network for the token of siacoin to use

because it is not up to speed to compete with say amazon....than ...just a lot of Asics making coin and if as I suspect current siacoin price is due

to scarcity..than worst of both worlds..no relief mining your siacoin ASIC from siacoin price and no relief for compensation as security ASIC miner

for the decentralized network because it is not in play yet enough...to pick up the slack

set/match

so yeah, we will have a secure blockchain system with the Asics but no money from either camp to pay the electric to keep them up...thus they go

off ...due to electric costs and the ASIC miners supposed to be used for decentralized storage never gets off the ground

...again...not looking good from my view

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
cr1pto

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:40:29 PM

brad

30% inflation is also a new thing for me Cheesy
Why would Sia dev team want that?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:49:11 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2018, 01:04:30 AM by Searing

because they can't make enough to pay for the electric....this could be  a cluster....inform me my fears are meaningless please...

brad

30% inflation is also a new thing for me Cheesy
Why would Sia dev team want that?

As far as I understand it...sia-tech was NEVER interested in the siacoin  price in that it was based on SCARCITY...they wanted sia to be used by their

ASIC's in a network for the ASIC security...these coins would gain their worth from the use in the ASIC network and the 30% inflation was needed

to expand this decentralized ...cheap 10c to the $1.00 alternative to Amazon and other centralized networks...

thus..it was always assumed by me (at least) that as soon as these ASIC's hit their decentralized network..the network would determine the worth

of siacoin no longer the scarcity from GPU mining etc. What confuses me is IF this was really their goal then why they did not fork siacoin to retain

control over the amount of ASIC miners is a mystery to me...it will be much more than 30% coin inflation a month now...

The good news is IF, they have the sia-tech ready to go for when these ASIC's hit in July and start to firm up the backbone for their vision..no issues

but I hear NOTHING about HOW they plan to convert folk from known centralized storage like Amazon into their vision with NO promotion I'm aware of...

also, no mention of what they are going to do with 5x the ASIC's they expected (if you take out the bitmain units as no longer profitable..a  bit iffy that)

right now on coin price...if I had my units NOW I'd make $1 a day...per obelisk unit....thus....the network vision they have tried to do  has to come

up to speed and take up the slack or NO ASIC miners will run their network if it costs more than the present siacoin price to run them

but, hey, they got a lot of BTC from the pre-orders last  year ..the ave price was like 0.97 BTC in my case....back last July 2017 or so....they did not fork

the coin..after bitmain equipment dump....so maybe they have siacoin in hand and/or the BTC still in hand to cover all the equipment/research etc in the

ASIC's they put out ..so no risk to them there....I just don't see sia-tech having anything on the line with all this either as getting their network up in

time..nor on their 4 batches of obelisks, none of them have shipped yet, where is the hype? where are the promo's? how are you gonna take on Amazon?

deafening silence....

just wonder if they will just watch the ASIC network all kick in...and they will dwadle around half-assed wait and not get their network up in any legit time frame

and it will fail...(a big ho hum from them) and no real risk to them, with all risk on those who are speculating in siacoin and those who bought their line on their ASIC

network vision of 'competing' with Amazon...damn hard to compete if the folk gonna buy in have never heard of your vision/option and no scale-up at all!

from sia-tech already paid for..probably many times over if they kept some of the payments in bitcoin...asic miners left holding the bag

1) ASIC's from obelisk and others, come up...can't mine at present prices...no network of any note to support such..ASIC buyers left holding the bag...

2) folk speculating on siacoin, price can't support itself from all the ASIC's driving up difficulty and price..no more scarcity for price....are left holding the bag

3) after the dust settles ..they can go the new algo route on the letter they sent out with different algo makers and put their decentralized network or

use this now defunct protocol with other asic's in the future...after all the above crashes...lots of options..or they can just fold shop and walk with no issues.

...on that...if it takes them another year to get up to speed to launch anything....see 1) and 2) above of those screwed...but as to the devs and sia-tech

as a whole...no real risk.....called having your cake and eat it too...as an asic maker and or a dev....by that I mean the network gets up..when the network

gets up....dev is set for life as a crypto holder....like luke jr. of bitcoin core...screw everybody...it gets up when they feel like it ..ie again no risk /pressure...

rinse/wash/repeat ..seen this before with projects

so the question remains...if the price is not in the speculation of siacoins for scarcity etc because a crapload of siacoin ASIC's from different mnfg's and

Obelisk ASIC's are going to turn on ...if in sia-tech obelisk's case...middle of July 2018....is their vision/network up to the task of keeping these beasties up

to even support the network...or are you just mining promised and air? ...again, likely future 'bag holder'

you have to have use/volume and their decentralized network 'in play' to pay electric and make extra coin for yourself via the network or all is moot..

or again, is the project not ready, and it is not in their control and thus they are just gonna watch it implode....blame bitmain, blame other mnfg's with blake2b ASIC's and

kick the can down the road...as a re-do? or hell just fold up the project..take whatever income or profits made in the last year or so and walk?

again, seen this before on projects

again, deafening silence on any/all of the above issues

thats how i understand stuff at this point in time anyway...they have to hit the ground running or come the end of July when the ASIC's hit ..I just have

a mess of Obelisk doorstops...

brad

shamman666

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:30:33 AM

The Hyperspace team is forking the Sia codebase and will be generating ~3.5B Space Cash to be freely distributed to all Siacoin holders in order to encourage people to learn about and experiment with the Hyperspace network upon public launch.

These Space Cash will be distributed in a ratio of 10 Siacoin (SC) to 1 Space Cash (SPACE). The Space Cash distribution will be based upon a snapshot of the Sia blockchain taken at block 161358, corresponding to approximately the beginning of July 1st, Greenwich Mean Time.

We do not know if any exchanges will support the airdrop, so if you would like to participate you should make sure to have your Siacoin in your personal wallet with your own private seed during the snapshot time.

For timely updates regarding the fork, please join us on our Discord server.

We will be posting a detailed guide on how to retrieve the airdrop as the date draws nearer.

Thank you for your interest in the Hyperspace project!
trading exchanges will support it? Does anyone have information on this issue?
Logkalog

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:47:03 AM

this is very genius, it seems like storage for rent, coinbase transaction. very good idea.
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 09:39:16 AM

The Hyperspace team is forking the Sia codebase and will be generating ~3.5B Space Cash to be freely distributed to all Siacoin holders in order to encourage people to learn about and experiment with the Hyperspace network upon public launch.

These Space Cash will be distributed in a ratio of 10 Siacoin (SC) to 1 Space Cash (SPACE). The Space Cash distribution will be based upon a snapshot of the Sia blockchain taken at block 161358, corresponding to approximately the beginning of July 1st, Greenwich Mean Time.

We do not know if any exchanges will support the airdrop, so if you would like to participate you should make sure to have your Siacoin in your personal wallet with your own private seed during the snapshot time.

We will be posting a detailed guide on how to retrieve the airdrop as the date draws nearer.

great :-) me love snapshot airdops
do You have any official thread on this forum where I can follow the Hyperspace project?

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
shamman666

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:41:54 AM

do You have any official thread on this forum where I can follow the Hyperspace project?
https://coinlib.io/news/siacoin
coinwider

Activity: 184
Merit: 101

Put the fun back into banking!

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:58:32 AM

here you are:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HyperSpace/comments/8sbr71/new_to_hyperspace_start_here/

their website:
https://hspace.app/airdrop

Put the fun back into banking! Use cryptocurrencies.  --- PivX --- TenX --- Lisk --- Factom --- Siacoin ---
bgblevins

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:48:37 PM

I think I already know the answer to this but I figured I would be safe then sorry. If I download Sia's wallet and transfer my Siacoins to it on my computer and my computer at some point crash's can I rebuild another computer download Sia's wallet again and enter my seeds and retrieve my Sia wallet from the network?
shamman666

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:06:19 PM

I think I already know the answer to this but I figured I would be safe then sorry. If I download Sia's wallet and transfer my Siacoins to it on my computer and my computer at some point crash's can I rebuild another computer download Sia's wallet again and enter my seeds and retrieve my Sia wallet from the network?
what trading exchanges will support the fork?
Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 08:11:36 PM

Yes if you back up your wallet/seeds you can boot up a new wallet on any device and import your data.

I believe the fork mentioned is not from the Sia team but a different project so this wouldnt be the thread to ask what exchanges would support the new coin.

pretfeestje

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:19:23 PM

Can SSDs be used to mine yet?

What about competition? 

I bet all these storage coins will do better than the average GPU/ASIC mining coin from now on, which is great. Wish I hodled more than I do right now.

Is the supply infinite by the way?
bgblevins

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:49:40 AM

Yes if you back up your wallet/seeds you can boot up a new wallet on any device and import your data.

I believe the fork mentioned is not from the Sia team but a different project so this wouldnt be the thread to ask what exchanges would support the new coin.

Thank you for your help. I thought so but wasn't sure. Would you recommend backing up on a Flash drive? And are you able to make a couple copies just in case?
Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 11:59:12 AM

Thank you for your help. I thought so but wasn't sure. Would you recommend backing up on a Flash drive? And are you able to make a couple copies just in case?

Always a good practice to back up in several places. Flash drives are great because they are not tied to the internet and act like cold storage.

bgblevins

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:29:35 PM

Always a good practice to back up in several places. Flash drives are great because they are not tied to the internet and act like cold storage.

Dr Charles you are awesome thank you again. I've never used the Sia UI I've always kept my Sia on an exchange. But figured it's time to put it away for a while so I'm downloading the UI now. It takes some time lol...But at 75.4% so almost there. Again thank you for your quick response.
Branko

Activity: 2450
Merit: 318

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:37:42 PM

As far as I understand it...sia-tech was NEVER interested in the siacoin  price in that it was based on SCARCITY...they wanted sia to be used by their

ASIC's in a network for the ASIC security...these coins would gain their worth from the use in the ASIC network and the 30% inflation was needed

to expand this decentralized ...cheap 10c to the $1.00 alternative to Amazon and other centralized networks...

thus..it was always assumed by me (at least) that as soon as these ASIC's hit their decentralized network..the network would determine the worth

of siacoin no longer the scarcity from GPU mining etc. What confuses me is IF this was really their goal then why they did not fork siacoin to retain

control over the amount of ASIC miners is a mystery to me...it will be much more than 30% coin inflation a month now...

The good news is IF, they have the sia-tech ready to go for when these ASIC's hit in July and start to firm up the backbone for their vision..no issues

but I hear NOTHING about HOW they plan to convert folk from known centralized storage like Amazon into their vision with NO promotion I'm aware of...

also, no mention of what they are going to do with 5x the ASIC's they expected (if you take out the bitmain units as no longer profitable..a  bit iffy that)

right now on coin price...if I had my units NOW I'd make $1 a day...per obelisk unit....thus....the network vision they have tried to do  has to come

up to speed and take up the slack or NO ASIC miners will run their network if it costs more than the present siacoin price to run them

but, hey, they got a lot of BTC from the pre-orders last  year ..the ave price was like 0.97 BTC in my case....back last July 2017 or so....they did not fork

the coin..after bitmain equipment dump....so maybe they have siacoin in hand and/or the BTC still in hand to cover all the equipment/research etc in the

ASIC's they put out ..so no risk to them there....I just don't see sia-tech having anything on the line with all this either as getting their network up in

time..nor on their 4 batches of obelisks, none of them have shipped yet, where is the hype? where are the promo's? how are you gonna take on Amazon?

deafening silence....

just wonder if they will just watch the ASIC network all kick in...and they will dwadle around half-assed wait and not get their network up in any legit time frame

and it will fail...(a big ho hum from them) and no real risk to them, with all risk on those who are speculating in siacoin and those who bought their line on their ASIC

network vision of 'competing' with Amazon...damn hard to compete if the folk gonna buy in have never heard of your vision/option and no scale-up at all!

from sia-tech already paid for..probably many times over if they kept some of the payments in bitcoin...asic miners left holding the bag

1) ASIC's from obelisk and others, come up...can't mine at present prices...no network of any note to support such..ASIC buyers left holding the bag...

2) folk speculating on siacoin, price can't support itself from all the ASIC's driving up difficulty and price..no more scarcity for price....are left holding the bag

3) after the dust settles ..they can go the new algo route on the letter they sent out with different algo makers and put their decentralized network or

use this now defunct protocol with other asic's in the future...after all the above crashes...lots of options..or they can just fold shop and walk with no issues.

...on that...if it takes them another year to get up to speed to launch anything....see 1) and 2) above of those screwed...but as to the devs and sia-tech

as a whole...no real risk.....called having your cake and eat it too...as an asic maker and or a dev....by that I mean the network gets up..when the network

gets up....dev is set for life as a crypto holder....like luke jr. of bitcoin core...screw everybody...it gets up when they feel like it ..ie again no risk /pressure...

so the question remains...if the price is not in the speculation of siacoins for scarcity etc because a crapload of siacoin ASIC's from different mnfg's and

Obelisk ASIC's are going to turn on ...if in sia-tech obelisk's case...middle of July 2018....is their vision/network up to the task of keeping these beasties up

to even support the network...or are you just mining promised and air? ...again, likely future 'bag holder'

you have to have use/volume and their decentralized network 'in play' to pay electric and make extra coin for yourself via the network or all is moot..

or again, is the project not ready, and it is not in their control and thus they are just gonna watch it implode....blame bitmain, blame other mnfg's with blake2b ASIC's and

kick the can down the road...as a re-do? or hell just fold up the project..take whatever income or profits made in the last year or so and walk?

thats how i understand stuff at this point in time anyway...they have to hit the ground running or come the end of July when the ASIC's hit ..I just have

brad

I think you miss some fundamentals here...with influx of ASICS, NOTHING changes with amount of sia coins produced...1 billion ASICS
would produce same number of coins as 3 GPUs (if network would drop down to 3 GPUs level, that is)...only difficulty rises, making
it harder to stay competitive
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:31:45 PM

deafening silence....

brad

I think you miss some fundamentals here...with influx of ASICS, NOTHING changes with amount of sia coins produced...1 billion ASICS
would produce same number of coins as 3 GPUs (if network would drop down to 3 GPUs level, that is)...only difficulty rises, making

Back to my point...if ASIC's are needed for the decentralized network they plan and the NETWORK IS NOT IN PLACE YET to compete with Amazon

at the supposed 10c to 1.00 format, etc...and IF the siacoin price NOW is based on scarcity..it won't matter...no one will turn on equip of any flavor

asic, gpu or otherwise for a coin that has no value in that it is 1) no longer based on scarcity for price (esp if 5x the ASIC's driving up difficulty and coin

production) and 2) no network for these ASIC's to contribute to.

you can't have both the coin is either 1) valuable because of scarcity vs use or 2) valutble for use in their decentralized network

I'm just saying I see no such decentralized network in place in any manner large enough nor complete enough to pull the price out of the dumps ..indeed

it will make it worse for price of siacoin in the obvious fact of no network in place and a lot of asic's sitting about..folk will NOT run their asic's at an electrial

loss....price of siacoin will not stay up just on speculaltion of network coming and previous scarcity ..thus plunk

if you doubt that look at the amount of asic's  that were dumped vs the LTC price as of today...difficulty overstepped the value of the coin (LTC) ...

so a muddled mess indeed..hope it won't happen....but not hearing a lot of the decentralized network hitting the world at the same time as all the asic's

hit the siacoin world either

sure, amount of sia coin will be 'the same' but a lot of coin does not mean it keeps value....

Again, even if it dropped back to GPU mining and the ASIC's are off the electric use is the same more or less....the coin will not survive if they

say they made a mess of ASIC's for their decentralized solution to storage...and 'guess what' it is not there or they postpone it for a year

and the current crop of asic's are of no use to run....speculators will walk, gpu miners will not compete with asic's that also are going to go

off or in a dismal state...it is like the old paycoin cloud mining viewpoint...if the rug is pulled out from under the concept..than it won't matter

how many coin there are....the consumers will go to more successful coins, that would not have the damage of the above from a late

network launch and asic's in the tank unable to be used for anything of note, because price of siacoin tanks on the above fiasco.

Sure the  network would survive, sure sia-tech would likely survive even such a missed launch...but could siacoin ever recover after such

a fiasco...doubtful...money talks and bullsh*t walks....folk would walk with eventual coin being worth nothing in their vision was not up to

speed on the storage solution when they said and with the asic dump (investment) of equipment not able to be used....ie coin would tank

and likely stay tanked in price IMHO, would be too much of a boat anchor on development etc, folk would move on to other projects with

such a failure, again IMHO.

shamman666

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:40:00 PM

deafening silence....

brad

Back to my point...if ASIC's are needed for the decentralized network they plan and the NETWORK IS NOT IN PLACE YET to compete with Amazon

at the supposed 10c to 1.00 format, etc...and IF the siacoin price NOW is based on scarcity..it won't matter...no one will turn on equip of any flavor

asic, gpu or otherwise for a coin that has no value in that it is 1) no longer based on scarcity for price (esp if 5x the ASIC's driving up difficulty and coin

you can't have both the coin is either 1) valuable because of scarcity vs use or 2) valutble for use in their decentralized network

I'm just saying I see no such decentralized network in place in any manner large enough nor complete enough to pull the price out of the dumps ..indeed

it will make it worse for price of siacoin in the obvious fact of no network in place and a lot of asic's sitting about..folk will NOT run their asic's at an electrial

loss....price of siacoin will not stay up just on speculaltion of network coming and previous scarcity ..thus plunk

if you doubt that look at the amount of asic's  that were dumped vs the LTC price as of today...difficulty overstepped the value of the coin (LTC) ...

so a muddled mess indeed..hope it won't happen....but not hearing a lot of the decentralized network hitting the world at the same time as all the asic's

sure, amount of sia coin will be 'the same' but a lot of coin does not mean it keeps value....

Again, even if it dropped back to GPU mining and the ASIC's are off the electric use is the same more or less....the coin will not survive if they

say they made a mess of ASIC's for their decentralized solution to storage...and 'guess what' it is not there or they postpone it for a year

and the current crop of asic's are of no use to run....speculators will walk, gpu miners will not compete with asic's that also are going to go

off or in a dismal state...it is like the old paycoin cloud mining viewpoint...if the rug is pulled out from under the concept..than it won't matter

how many coin there are....the consumers will go to more successful coins, that would not have the damage of the above from a late

network launch and asic's in the tank unable to be used for anything of note, because price of siacoin tanks on the above fiasco.

Sure the  network would survive, sure sia-tech would likely survive even such a missed launch...but could siacoin ever recover after such

a fiasco...doubtful...money talks and bullsh*t walks....folk would walk with eventual coin being worth nothing in their vision was not up to

speed on the storage solution when they said and with the asic dump (investment) of equipment not able to be used....ie coin would tank

and likely stay tanked in price IMHO, would be too much of a boat anchor on development etc, folk would move on to other projects with

very pleased to read!!! Attaboy! subscribe to the channel ASIATECH. and as soon as the video comes out. write whatever you think in the comments first. I'm sure they'll read it.  I want them to hear people's opinions.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:45:12 PM

deafening silence....

brad

you can't have both the coin is either 1) valuable because of scarcity vs use or 2) valuable for use in their decentralized network

loss....price of siacoin will not stay up just on speculation of network coming and previous scarcity ..thus plunk

if you doubt that look at the amount of asic's that were dumped vs the LTC price as of today...difficulty overstepped the value of the coin (LTC) ...

sure, amount of siacoin will be 'the same' but a lot of coin does not mean it keeps value...

and the current crop of ASIC's are of no use to run....speculators will walk, GPU miners will not compete with ASIC's that also are going to go

network launch and asic's in the tank unable to be used for anything of note, because the price of siacoin tanks on the above fiasco.

Sure the  network would survive, sure sia-tech would likely survive even such a missed launch...but could siacoin ever recover after such

a fiasco...doubtful...money talks and bullsh*t walks....folk would walk with the eventual coin being worth nothing in their vision was not up to

speed on the storage solution when they said and with the ASIC dump  (investment) of equipment not able to be used....ie coin would tank

very pleased to read!!! Attaboy! subscribe to the channel ASIATECH. and as soon as the video comes out. write whatever you think in the comments first. I'm sure they'll read it.  I want them to hear people's opinions.

AGAIN, I HOPE I am DEAD WRONG!

but they can't have BOTH, but the kind of investment into blake2b siacoin and say it is based on a network being in place when such ASIC's hit the world and MISS

such, having it not in place. That is a significant investment in the future of siacoin 'tossed away' if you can't even turn them on due to siacoin price (again,

without such a network in place ...a network in place and I'm wrong...I'm saying I see now hype or network in place to hit the ground running to compete

against amazon etc...and feel that needs to be so)

so anyway, with such a significant amount of folk investing in such equipment and you can't even run it due to the electric..the price of siacoin would further dump

and thus all that potential investment from equipment in asic's and siacoin 'cheerleaders' on price and promotion is lost...and with such a boat anchor

the coin itself likely would not recover..this is the fear...a working up to speed network ready for the ASIC's to hit the siacoin universe and I'm incorrect

which I hope.but as of now ..not seeming to me to be likely from what I've heard.

as to the ASIATECH quote above...not sure what was meant..no bitcointalk thread by that name I can find...sent a pm to clarify.

brad

Pages: « 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 [443] 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: