Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:15:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382143 times)
Branko

Activity: 2506
Merit: 319

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:09:13 PM

Back to my point...if ASIC's are needed for the decentralized network they plan and the NETWORK IS NOT IN PLACE YET to compete with Amazon

at the supposed 10c to 1.00 format, etc...and IF the siacoin price NOW is based on scarcity..it won't matter...no one will turn on equip of any flavor

asic, gpu or otherwise for a coin that has no value in that it is 1) no longer based on scarcity for price (esp if 5x the ASIC's driving up difficulty and coin

production) and 2) no network for these ASIC's to contribute to.

you can't have both the coin is either 1) valuable because of scarcity vs use or 2) valutble for use in their decentralized network

I'm just saying I see no such decentralized network in place in any manner large enough nor complete enough to pull the price out of the dumps ..indeed

it will make it worse for price of siacoin in the obvious fact of no network in place and a lot of asic's sitting about..folk will NOT run their asic's at an electrial

loss....price of siacoin will not stay up just on speculaltion of network coming and previous scarcity ..thus plunk

if you doubt that look at the amount of asic's  that were dumped vs the LTC price as of today...difficulty overstepped the value of the coin (LTC) ...

so a muddled mess indeed..hope it won't happen....but not hearing a lot of the decentralized network hitting the world at the same time as all the asic's

hit the siacoin world either

sure, amount of sia coin will be 'the same' but a lot of coin does not mean it keeps value....

Again, even if it dropped back to GPU mining and the ASIC's are off the electric use is the same more or less....the coin will not survive if they

say they made a mess of ASIC's for their decentralized solution to storage...and 'guess what' it is not there or they postpone it for a year

and the current crop of asic's are of no use to run....speculators will walk, gpu miners will not compete with asic's that also are going to go

off or in a dismal state...it is like the old paycoin cloud mining viewpoint...if the rug is pulled out from under the concept..than it won't matter

how many coin there are....the consumers will go to more successful coins, that would not have the damage of the above from a late

network launch and asic's in the tank unable to be used for anything of note, because price of siacoin tanks on the above fiasco.

Sure the  network would survive, sure sia-tech would likely survive even such a missed launch...but could siacoin ever recover after such

a fiasco...doubtful...money talks and bullsh*t walks....folk would walk with eventual coin being worth nothing in their vision was not up to

speed on the storage solution when they said and with the asic dump (investment) of equipment not able to be used....ie coin would tank

and likely stay tanked in price IMHO, would be too much of a boat anchor on development etc, folk would move on to other projects with

such a failure, again IMHO.

You miss the point...look at your LTC example...people give up, difficulty drops, remaining people earn more...then people that gave up come back, and back-forth
few times, it settles at perfect point for most people involved

As for SIA coin and its future purpose...you described 98% coins on the market...wheres monaco VISAcard? Wheres OmiseGO network? Do STORJ have
finished product? etc

We can only hope (and technically savvy maybe check for themselves) that team is doing right and folowing its roadmap
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:10:00 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2018, 02:34:26 AM by Searing

Back to my point...if ASIC's are needed for the decentralized network they plan and the NETWORK IS NOT IN PLACE YET to compete with Amazon

at the supposed 10c to 1.00 format, etc...and IF the siacoin price NOW is based on scarcity..it won't matter...no one will turn on equip of any flavor

asic, gpu or otherwise for a coin that has no value in that it is 1) no longer based on scarcity for price (esp if 5x the ASIC's driving up difficulty and coin

production) and 2) no network for these ASIC's to contribute to.

you can't have both the coin is either 1) valuable because of scarcity vs use or 2) valutble for use in their decentralized network

I'm just saying I see no such decentralized network in place in any manner large enough nor complete enough to pull the price out of the dumps ..indeed

it will make it worse for price of siacoin in the obvious fact of no network in place and a lot of asic's sitting about..folk will NOT run their asic's at an electrial

loss....price of siacoin will not stay up just on speculaltion of network coming and previous scarcity ..thus plunk

if you doubt that look at the amount of asic's  that were dumped vs the LTC price as of today...difficulty overstepped the value of the coin (LTC) ...

so a muddled mess indeed..hope it won't happen....but not hearing a lot of the decentralized network hitting the world at the same time as all the asic's

hit the siacoin world either

sure, amount of sia coin will be 'the same' but a lot of coin does not mean it keeps value....

Again, even if it dropped back to GPU mining and the ASIC's are off the electric use is the same more or less....the coin will not survive if they

say they made a mess of ASIC's for their decentralized solution to storage...and 'guess what' it is not there or they postpone it for a year

and the current crop of asic's are of no use to run....speculators will walk, gpu miners will not compete with asic's that also are going to go

off or in a dismal state...it is like the old paycoin cloud mining viewpoint...if the rug is pulled out from under the concept..than it won't matter

how many coin there are....the consumers will go to more successful coins, that would not have the damage of the above from a late

network launch and asic's in the tank unable to be used for anything of note, because price of siacoin tanks on the above fiasco.

Sure the  network would survive, sure sia-tech would likely survive even such a missed launch...but could siacoin ever recover after such

a fiasco...doubtful...money talks and bullsh*t walks....folk would walk with eventual coin being worth nothing in their vision was not up to

speed on the storage solution when they said and with the asic dump (investment) of equipment not able to be used....ie coin would tank

and likely stay tanked in price IMHO, would be too much of a boat anchor on development etc, folk would move on to other projects with

such a failure, again IMHO.

You miss the point...look at your LTC example...people give up, difficulty drops, remaining people earn more...then people that gave up come back, and back-forth
few times, it settles at perfect point for most people involved

As for SIA coin and its future purpose...you described 98% coins on the market...wheres monaco VISAcard? Wheres OmiseGO network? Do STORJ have
finished product? etc

We can only hope (and technically savvy maybe check for themselves) that team is doing right and folowing its roadmap

ah, I was unclear, with LTC and scrypt-pow 90% of all the miners that are on that network are Bitmain L3+'s THE SAME MODEL AND GENERATION OF MINERS, thus some folk contact me

they are losing 12c a day

on such a unit and myself I'm losing at 14c kwh in a data hall 64c a day. BUT EVERYONE IS LOSING AND UNDER WATER ...THE SAME. Thus when diff goes down, don't' matter everyone

is up, when diff goes down everyone shuts down..but the price never changes because ALL THE SAME TYPE AND GENERATION OF EQUIPMENT...so we can go along

and follow difficulty up and down..but if there is MORE equipment at the high difficulty than there is coin ..that people want to buy (LTC and all scrypt pow coins now)

then EVENTUALLY, everyone will turn off the miners, because at every difficulty drop or rise they are on/off thus difficulty for scrypt pow anyway..which is calculated

every 3 days...never REALLY goes down...same unicorns...all mining at a loss at $120 LTC I was losing 45c a day at 88 LTC I'm losing 67c a day..see....all the same units involved.

same thing with siacoin....IF you have a lot of ASIC's and NO reason for the price of siacoin because the decentralized network is not up when the ASIC's are turned

on they are NOT turned on...IF there is a profit ..even briefly, they ALL turn on, thus negating your price...you have to pay electric on your units..so eventually, you

just don't pay the electric and no one mines at a loss...their vision has to be up and hitting the world in stride to compete in the next 2 weeks or so, i don't see this as likely.

this is IF they don't have the decentralized network using ASIC's at 10c to $1.00 amazon prices in place...if the price of siacoin is based on this idea of this network

being up and running and the ASIC's need it up and running to at least break even on electric..the whole thing fails...because the current price is based on this idea it

will be up (speculation) and with ASIC's the scarcity of coin issue goes away as difficulty goes up rapidly as everyone mines.

My premise is they HAVE TO WANT TO KEEP AND HODL SIACOIN ..the NON-ASIC miners....and the ASIC miners need a price to pay electric at least to break even

and some extra siacoin in the bank for their troubles...NONE of this will be possible if you simply have a mess of ASIC'S making coin and the decentralized network and their

siacoin storage solution is not in place and getting folk to buy it..if

is not in place..that is called FAILURE and the NON-Miner's who are buying and holding siacoin will stop doing so...and the coin will dump to dust.

So the faith in the coin is based on their vision and the investment on that vision by folk who got ASIC's you take that away, because their supposed decentralized

network is not in place for the folk that invested in the ASIC'S ..WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN? PLUNK DOWN SHE GOES

can't have it both ways, the blockchain does not exist just because the coin exists....the coin exist as its vision dictates ..the shafting of say those who got

ASIC's and any big delay in getting their decentralized network to MAKE $$$$ to compete against amazon as their vision....will also add to the tanking or

failure of their coin...I just don't see any real promotion or communication that they can jump into JULY 2018 and take enough cloud storage away from folk

to make money and get the ASIC's up to mine the network for this to work out of the box.

You can't state the coin does such and such, and the network will be ready by so and so, and not deliver to folk who already have sia-coin (HODL) and

have invested in specific ASIC's and not be able to even make electric costs back...the coin will tank in purpose/project and price.

AS this relates to current difficulty with scrypt-pow and LTC ...again, all the same equipment...with the same issues as sia-tech equipment, no one has any advantage

side point  on the LTC ..they are all the same equipment (L3+'s) NO ONE HAS AN ADVANTAGE MINING IT IS ALL AT A LOSS.

AS to Bitmain units that do blake2b at 815mh and 1,375 watts....with the majority of

Bitmain units PROBABLY out of the running at 1,375 watts for 815mh....the remaining units of which Obelisk sc-1's at 800mh and 500 watts are probably a

good 90% of all the equipment ..THAT CURRENTLY CAN RUN AT THESE SIACOIN PRICES...thus.waiting for the decentralized network it is THE SAME AS THE CURRENT

scrypt-pow and L3+ miners...NO ONE HAS ANY

ADVANTAGE IN EQUIPMENT OVER ANYONE ELSE with rising difficulty..thus all go off and on at the same time ...especially if they are mining at an

electrical loss...a future/supposed NEXT GENERATION EQUIPMENT may  work as you state...it does not exist ..at least from other mnfgs at a price point

vs mining vs electric that would make any difference..that I can tell now, .indeed it could be just GPU miners doing it on the side..but at prices an ASIC can make

siacoin vs the price ..even that would not make sense..in ASIC's are more efficient ..that also IMHO, would be very short lived.

again, the whole thing has to come together to cover the ASIC network, sia coin storage vision in place, to keep/get the price to a point that the

ASIC's can maintain the network of decentralized storage at a price that makes sense over electric..again if that is not met ..and EVERYONE

has the same equipment and NO advantage, again, IMHO, it never gets off the ground, price tanks, and the project dies.

again, can't have your cake and eat it too....all have to come together UNLESS a new more eff miner comes out...but then again, once

burnt by these now previous never to ROI miners that are behind the curve even before the launch...no one would buy...

so tell me the network is ready and in place to compete with Amazon centralized storage and the rest via siacoins vision of decentralized storage, competing from the get go

with siacoin ASIC'S can make more than they use in electric and all is well...but not seeing enough noise/hype etc on this happening...again, deafening silence

in that the majority of ASIC's by Sia-Tech are to be dumped into the world by the July 15th, 2018.

Again, using the scrypt-pow and LTC universe and the same type of equipment as an example..the ASIC's in that coin universe ran difficulty up to such a point

with the same equipment, (thus no advantage due to no competition) that now the price can't catch up and the network is in danger of collapsing and super

sizing the price down even further.

Again, without their vision in place and running alongside the ASIC's and competing with the Amazon centralized storage and a real good reason with the price less, to

be a great alternative to Amazon Storage...or the whole endeavor..well,

it will all not get off the ground...stuck

anyway, perhaps I'm incorrect...but again, not seeing it...

and again, hope I'm wrong (I'm 5 obelisks into their vision and competition..really want to be wrong)

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
yourselfe99z9

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:06:13 AM

PRL with its SHL will be giving SIA a run for their money. Especially since SHL will be airdropped to PRl holders
zenfo

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:11:07 AM

you have the ability to wait for longer then the price will automatically increase in the market. I see Sia coin has huge potential but now a days there are many good coins generating more huge volumes..
bgblevins

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:43:31 AM

I have another question. Once you download the Sia wallet should I back up the wallet before or after I send coins to it? Or does it matter? And if it is after do I have to back it up every time I add or subtract coins from the wallet?
Xantrax

Activity: 827
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:04:55 AM

Where do we check Sia transactions. Moved from Bittrex to Binance & I’m not seeing my coins yet
XCNP

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:06:35 AM

This is the link you can use to track the transaction in real time http://explore.sia.tech/ @Xantrax. What we are going through right now Siacoin has shown less volatility. On the other hand this is rotation of holders and investors at lower levels always fresh capital makes it way into highly active and potential markets.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:01:30 PM

i only moved 1 sc and i did see it at first on my wallet. only after i restarted my pc and reopened the file and clicked on SIA UI to open my wallet, after doing that i cant see any transaction on my wallet
big_daddy

Activity: 1666
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 07:56:42 PM

i only moved 1 sc and i did see it at first on my wallet. only after i restarted my pc and reopened the file and clicked on SIA UI to open my wallet, after doing that i cant see any transaction on my wallet

By entering with your seed in your wallet? & is your wallet fully synced to the network?
Provide us sone screenshots please

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:45:03 PM

Well, the whole Obelisk Sc-1 thing may pretty much be moot and a wash..this is what I get 1 month before the units supposedly ship...

using what to mine calc with data hall rates and elec included (14c kwh in my case) So a whopping 54c a day profit per unit or for 30 days that would be $16.20!

I suppose others with better electric would get closer to $1 a day...but again with ASIC's and I anticipate difficulty rise that may well disappear in a month

(again, unless their supposed decentralized network is up to speed to hit the road, as they have claimed, at 10c a $1 to Amazon's centralized storage)

Again, I have my doubts....anyway, for those who were wise enough not to get any of these units..where it the decentralized network by Sia at the ASIC side.

https://whattomine.com/asic?utf8=%E2%9C%93&factor%5Bsha256_hr%5D=14000.0&factor%5Bsha256_p%5D=1370.0&factor%5Bscrypt_hash_rate%5D=1000.0&factor%5Bscrypt_power%5D=1600.0&factor%5Bx11_hr%5D=34000.0&factor%5Bx11_p%5D=2100.0&bk2bf=true&factor%5Bbk2b_hr%5D=800.0&factor%5Bbk2b_p%5D=500.0&factor%5Bqk_hr%5D=3300.0&factor%5Bqk_p%5D=120.0&factor%5Bqb_hr%5D=3300.0&factor%5Bqb_p%5D=130.0&factor%5Bmg_hr%5D=3.3&factor%5Bmg_p%5D=50.0&factor%5Bsk_hr%5D=1.7&factor%5Bsk_p%5D=40.0&factor%5Blbry_hr%5D=20.0&factor%5Blbry_p%5D=200.0&factor%5Bbk14_hr%5D=80.0&factor%5Bbk14_p%5D=205.0&factor%5Bpas_hr%5D=20.0&factor%5Bpas_p%5D=105.0&factor%5Bx11g_hr%5D=0.45&factor%5Bx11g_p%5D=70.0&factor%5Bcn_hr%5D=55.0&factor%5Bcn_p%5D=140.0&factor%5Bcost%5D=0.14&sort=Profitability24&volume=0&revenue=24h&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=binance&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bitfinex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bittrex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=cryptobridge&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=cryptopia&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=hitbtc&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=poloniex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=yobit&dataset=&commit=Calculate

Name(Tag)
Algorithm    Block Time
Block Reward
Last Block    
Difficulty
NetHash

Est. Rewards
Est. Rewards 24h

Exchange Rate
   Market Cap
Volume    Rev. BTC
Rev. 24h    Rev. $
Profit    Profitability
Current | 24h
3 days | 7 days
Sia(SC)
Blake (2b)

BT: 10m 50s
BR: 139,562.00
LB: 160,438

44,021,320T
67.73 Ph/s
-4.7%

(Bittrex)
0.3%
   $372,574,115
217.57 BTC    0.00037
0.00036    $2.21
$0.53    53% | 51%
51% | 48%

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Branko

Activity: 2506
Merit: 319

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:36:16 AM

Well, the whole Obelisk Sc-1 thing may pretty much be moot and a wash..this is what I get 1 month before the units supposedly ship...

This is your problem:

https://bitsonline.com/dragonmint-b52-blake2b-siacoin-miner/
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:26:05 PM

This is your problem:

that complicates it ..but generally...IF there is not a robust network for sia's vision in place to use these ASIC's then they will also be in a bad place

just a month or so behind...I just see no action on how they plan to compete against Amazon on their decentralized 10c to $1 Amazon giant....

deafening silence...thus looks to me like a crap load of ASIC's will hit...w/o any real purpose...and the price will tank also if their vision is 'postponed' or not

in place for the 'glut' as you point out of hash hitting on blake2b

you can't have it both ways...if price now is due to scarcity and also the anticipation of their vision..and the major investment of $$$  that people speculated

on with the ASIC's too boot...well it is step up of fail

or how I see it

on the other hand for what you paid for one of these puppies and what I paid for obelisks' last year with high priced BTC...as far as just holding crypto

wise we probably are even....just from that timing situation and last years price

shamman666

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:05:24 PM

a big problem with purses !!! the time of translation is great. and it all leads to bad publicity.
wobster

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:20:34 PM

Hey guys, you've started back in 2014, have you managed to succeed?
big_daddy

Activity: 1666
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 10:19:20 PM

Ok,if this is an update for blockfolio signal I am an unicorn eating skittles and pissing rainbow...

“Check out SiaPlugins.com, an amazing new community project! Install plugins directly into the Sia-UI desktop app. Official Links, SiaSetup.info, and Dark Mode are all available to download now.”

I think the community is waiting for the cloud storage, please, do it asap

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:15:34 PM

This is your problem:

that complicates it ..but generally...IF there is not a robust network for sia's vision in place to use these ASIC's then they will also be in a bad place

just a month or so behind...I just see no action on how they plan to compete against Amazon on their decentralized 10c to $1 Amazon giant....

deafening silence...thus looks to me like a crap load of ASIC's will hit...w/o any real purpose...and the price will tank also if their vision is 'postponed' or not

in place for the 'glut' as you point out of hash hitting on blake2b

you can't have it both ways...if price now is due to scarcity and also the anticipation of their vision..and the major investment of $$$  that people speculated

on with the ASIC's too boot...well it is step up of fail

or how I see it

on the other hand for what you paid for one of these puppies and what I paid for obelisks' last year with high priced BTC...as far as just holding crypto

wise we probably are even....just from that timing situation and last years price

i talked to one of the sia devs in europe for like 3 hours yesterday ~ we share the frustration with the current situation >> the aim is science whereas miners are trying to pay their bills instantly...we will have new updates inkoming * Wink  #BTI #SIACOIN #SIABERRIES

==>

https://markets.bisq.network/

https://freiexchange.com/market/BTI/BTC

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sc

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:57:49 AM

do you  know if sia coin works similar to filecoin? like mining with hard drives?
I don't think can get profit from mine SIA with S3. Should I buy one?

tmt226

Activity: 149

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:20:20 AM

do you  know if sia coin works similar to filecoin? like mining with hard drives?
Filecoin is the first ICO requires KYC from investors, right?
How about its developmental achievements about half a year (a bit longer) after its launch?
doge_shit666

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:32:49 AM

By using the Sia platform, all contributing contributions from the disk memory from their PCs to form a hierarchical network around the world. These memory is absolutely confidential. When customers need to use their documents, they are paid. Very meaningful in the real world.
deathland113

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:42:04 AM

Filecoin is the first ICO requires KYC from investors, right?
How about its developmental achievements about half a year (a bit longer) after its launch?
guys shoudl study filecoin... its the decentralized dropbox, you mine it via harddrives, not asics LOL
Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: