Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:44:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 [452] 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382134 times)
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:24:14 AM

Sia light have made some people rich or even millionaires if they bought in 2015-2016, but I think the best is gone, so many projects provide storage on the side of their main business, so i think they're going to overtake sia when the next bull run starts
Sia is a good coin, really in those days, many have earned well. Apparently had a fun time. But maybe it will happen again, so now I buy slowly. Smiley

I cant stop you but i wouldn't buy Sia again. The only way I could see this coin go back up in value is if Bitcoin would shoot up again. If that does happen (and I think it will), lots of other alts will go up at least twice as fast.

same people behind this coin didn't they buy poloniex...no where else they will list this dogshit? Smiley weee

well again.. I got 5 of these..obeslisk sc-1 siacoin units ..(really, really needed the equip deduction in 2017) so I'm down 1.11 BTC or

about $4,550 usd if you count it in that manner from 2017...with what my tax rate was 41% and equipment deduction 1 year all of

25% off...thus down only 34% ...after the fact for risk.... But again, at the time, for me anyway, these

ASIC's ONLY had to make 34% of their cost back for me to break even, after electric. So it 'seemed' prudent....alas..not so much...

I'd taken worse bets and won..but not this time...

The only thing left is CAN my FREE (1) decred miner I got for (5) obelisk sc-1 1/2 off coupons....make any money by the time it

'supposedly' ships at the end of this month? (Very, very unlikely, in that they have not even got the sc-1's into the world yet)

Or will be a 'novelty' a free obelisk decred miner, for *5* 1/2 off coupons* cost me zip...and THIS DECRED MINER IS UNLIKELY TO

PAY FOR ELECTRIC TO RUN IT AS WELL, WHEN i GET IT. At again, a cost of nothing, including shipping. Sheesh...

I got to admit they really, really are batting ZERO on everything consistently ...that is what happens when Bitmain 'curses you'

By having a product 7 months previous to yours...they have really screwed the pooch for themselves...I can't see the company

surviving, because I see no way of them having a legit working (able to compete against Amazon Cloud) solution after this cluster...

they likely will just declare bankruptcy and walk after the units are shipped like BFL and let the corporation take the fall...by showing

they shipped even a 'worthless' product..they can claim they just f*cked up and thus avoid fraud...at  no risk to themselves or their

personal property. Indeed, at this point, not taking refunds, it is the only way forward without significant legal risk, again IMHO.

the fat ASIC has sung, and the opera is done....kaput...

alas, live and learn,

brad

i'm talking to developers now ~ we will pull a rabbit from somewhere..it's going to be a few more weeks tho' Wink 

((((stay tuned)))

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Waitingforlightning

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Securix: Next Generation Crypto Mining

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:49:18 PM

Sia light have made some people rich or even millionaires if they bought in 2015-2016, but I think the best is gone, so many projects provide storage on the side of their main business, so i think they're going to overtake sia when the next bull run starts
Sia is a good coin, really in those days, many have earned well. Apparently had a fun time. But maybe it will happen again, so now I buy slowly. Smiley

I cant stop you but i wouldn't buy Sia again. The only way I could see this coin go back up in value is if Bitcoin would shoot up again. If that does happen (and I think it will), lots of other alts will go up at least twice as fast.

same people behind this coin didn't they buy poloniex...no where else they will list this dogshit? Smiley weee

well again.. I got 5 of these..obeslisk sc-1 siacoin units ..(really, really needed the equip deduction in 2017) so I'm down 1.11 BTC or

about $4,550 usd if you count it in that manner from 2017...with what my tax rate was 41% and equipment deduction 1 year all of

25% off...thus down only 34% ...after the fact for risk.... But again, at the time, for me anyway, these

ASIC's ONLY had to make 34% of their cost back for me to break even, after electric. So it 'seemed' prudent....alas..not so much...

The only thing left is CAN my FREE (1) decred miner I got for (5) obelisk sc-1 1/2 off coupons....make any money by the time it

'supposedly' ships at the end of this month? (Very, very unlikely, in that they have not even got the sc-1's into the world yet)

Or will be a 'novelty' a free obelisk decred miner, for *5* 1/2 off coupons* cost me zip...and THIS DECRED MINER IS UNLIKELY TO

PAY FOR ELECTRIC TO RUN IT AS WELL, WHEN i GET IT. At again, a cost of nothing, including shipping. Sheesh...

I got to admit they really, really are batting ZERO on everything consistently ...that is what happens when Bitmain 'curses you'

By having a product 7 months previous to yours...they have really screwed the pooch for themselves...I can't see the company

surviving, because I see no way of them having a legit working (able to compete against Amazon Cloud) solution after this cluster...

they likely will just declare bankruptcy and walk after the units are shipped like BFL and let the corporation take the fall...by showing

they shipped even a 'worthless' product..they can claim they just f*cked up and thus avoid fraud...at  no risk to themselves or their

personal property. Indeed, at this point, not taking refunds, it is the only way forward without significant legal risk, again IMHO.

alas, live and learn,

brad

i'm talking to developers now ~ we will pull a rabbit from somewhere..it's going to be a few more weeks tho' Wink 

((((stay tuned)))

we'll see what happens but i dont believe people will invest in sia when they could also invest in projects like vechain, stratis, sonm, aion, ... all coins that today are dirtcheap but their potential is up in the tens of billions each

toogoody

Activity: 588
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:46:50 PM

List of SIA pools :
https://miningpoolstats.stream/siacoin
Bcxbit

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:28:55 AM

alas, live and learn,

brad

((((stay tuned)))

we'll see what happens but i dont believe people will invest in sia when they could also invest in projects like vechain, stratis, sonm, aion, ... all coins that today are dirtcheap but their potential is up in the tens of billions each
No one knows, in the past the Bitcoin no price at all.. but see now we never thought the price would be like now. SIA is included in a robust platform where he survived for many years, I still think there is hope for the future, with the hard work of the team development project I hope the project will be successful.
tirthraj
Copper Member

Activity: 447
Merit: 2

www.bitcoinformula.in | BTC Script

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 06:09:49 AM

I accidentally got into this project. I'm interested to see how the developers fulfill their stated goals.

Hehe...
Its just 77 Sat Now. what is  going on DEV Team are they making any suspense or any hard fork which is not coming in the picture  Wink

Waitingforlightning

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:39:53 AM

alas, live and learn,

brad

((((stay tuned)))

No one knows, in the past the Bitcoin no price at all.. but see now we never thought the price would be like now. SIA is included in a robust platform where he survived for many years, I still think there is hope for the future, with the hard work of the team development project I hope the project will be successful.

you cannot compare bitcoins price from back in the day, when probably less than 1000 people bought bitcoin as an investment, to sia right now, when pandoras box has opened and all this other potential has come out.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:08:06 PM

Kinda a bombshell below, submitted fof those who have NOT gotten a unit and did not get the below email (for you lurkers out there) and to start a conversation on this annoucement.

hmm.....I may have to re-think my views on Sia-Tech NOT trying to pull something out of this cluster....kinda impressed at the effort, if unsure of the result, at this time.

Got this from them via email below

I am not 'entirely' sure of what this will do to Siacoin's price....I'll let others on this thread contemplate that...figured folk on this thread would need to know this as well as those who

have Obelisk units.

8/13/18

----------------------- start ---------------------------------

The Plan
Dear Obelisk Customers,

Production is progressing, firmware is almost complete, and we expect to begin shipping units this week. We now have approval from our team, board, and counsel to share our plan.

First, we will compensate Batch 1 customers with expected mining revenue. Since we missed the estimated shipment date for Batch 1, we will compensate all Batch 1 customers with the mining revenue that you would have received between June 30 and the day your order ships. As of today, this is approximately $90 for each SC1 unit and $250 for each DCR1 unit. If we miss the estimated shipment dates for Batches 2-5, this policy will also apply.

We will begin sending out this compensation to customers sometime after Batch 5 ships. Obelisk will calculate your expected mining revenue based on a hashrate of 800 GH/s for SC1 and 1500 GH/s for DCR1. Compensation will be in USD, and will assume that you exchanged your mined coins for USD on a daily basis and that your electricity cost is $0.

In the coming weeks, we will put together a more complete guide to receiving this compensation and publish our official calculations so that they can be reviewed by the community. Depending on Obelisk’s financial position after delivering Batch 5, it may take several months or more to compensate all customers.

Second, we will release the SC1 alternative Blake2b algorithm in the coming weeks. This will give the Sia community the ability to fork and could invalidate all non-Obelisk Siacoin ASIC miners on the forked chain.

The Sia core developers are currently considering community member FaustianAGI’s proposal and will soon be issuing an official response. As of today, all Nebulous (the company employing Sia’s core developers) and Obelisk employees are supportive of a fork.
There are still many details to solidify, but we pledge to provide additional information in the coming weeks. We are working tirelessly to deliver your orders, and will continue to update you with our progress.

Best,

– Team Obelisk
Copyright © 2018 Obelisk, Inc. All rights reserved.

---------------------- end ---------------------------

Also below is the 'embedded' link in the email below...for consideration....the proposal for funding of development (from what I gather)

------------------------ start ---------------------------------

https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/94ji0q/a_community_proposal_to_resolve_the_obelisk/

-------------------- end ---------------------------------------

I'm not exactly sure how this is gonna work out...but I must admit I'm impressed they are trying like hell to do something about this mess

We will see.....I will happily 'eat crow' on even an attempt to pull something out of this mess...So kudos for them attempting such at least...

Anyway, some of what they are trying to do is confusing yet and unclear, I will let better minds than myself comment below on such for clarity...this is just a start

to the conversation on this

we will see

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
TonyHughesDesign
Copper Member

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 12:20:54 PM

Ive been a Sia supporter since it was on the exchanges at 6sats..
I really think people like taek are trying to do the very best for this space. I don't know where or why the obelisk miners came into the scene, I see the justification is that they will help strengthen the network. this is why I decided to buy 2, and participate. But with all the time, VC funding and effort going into Sia. I think the best choices will be made in the end. I just hope not at the influence of their VC funders wanting a quick exit strategy.

Fanpant

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:05:02 PM

I really think people like taek are trying to do the very best for this space. I don't know where or why the obelisk miners came into the scene, I see the justification is that they will help strengthen the network. this is why I decided to buy 2, and participate. But with all the time, VC funding and effort going into Sia. I think the best choices will be made in the end. I just hope not at the influence of their VC funders wanting a quick exit strategy.

So you think the price will rise again?
gembitz

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:28:39 PM

spacebucks when? :\ hmmm

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
gembitz

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:30:27 PM

TL;DR
===>

– Team REKT

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:34:39 PM

TL;DR
===>

– Team REKT

it may be I only have a choice of which 'mining air' at an electric loss I might pick with the 5 obelisks. fork coin air mining or

current sia coin air mining.... sheesh

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
TonyHughesDesign
Copper Member

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 10:07:29 AM

Why not man.. according to paranoid mental John mcaffee bitcoin will goto some astronomical price.. and as that support wavers it will be all dumped into alt coins.. Sia sits at a low amount of sats which means somebody can buy a truck full.. I shouldn't have sold at the price I did.. if I kept now I would have 300bitcoins when I brought at 6sats.

gamichvoche

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:09:28 AM

I wonder about high business profitable of your project. How can you bring benefit to users?
rockminer1

Activity: 277
Merit: 13

farming in Russia

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:47:46 AM

Ok. If fork of Sia, what should Antminer A3 holders do?

And your wallet is so slow for me. Slow sync and slow usage. Please do file sharing!!!
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 11:51:54 AM

Ok. If fork of Sia, what should Antminer A3 holders do?

wait for a new Blake2b algorithm coin to mine or take the Ant A3 and screw-it-through on the wall

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
Waitingforlightning

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:10:53 PM

Why not man.. according to paranoid mental John mcaffee bitcoin will goto some astronomical price.. and as that support wavers it will be all dumped into alt coins.. Sia sits at a low amount of sats which means somebody can buy a truck full.. I shouldn't have sold at the price I did.. if I kept now I would have 300bitcoins when I brought at 6sats.

Thats gambling, not investing. Buying a coin because its cheap is no strategy, especially not with sia. Sure, its a good project with a very capable team, but they're bringing a solution to a problem is already being solved by other projects, who offer a lot more than just storage.

gembitz

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:32:32 PM

TL;DR
===>

– Team REKT

it may be I only have a choice of which 'mining air' at an electric loss I might pick with the 5 obelisks. fork coin air mining or

current sia coin air mining.... sheesh

brad

talking to some developers ~ i'll keep you posted bud Wink zzz

ostrovagaly

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:40:18 PM

The decentralized repository is gaining momentum! more and more companies need with the provision of services with storage of data! the whole world goes to the information level, society begins to need data storage! especially became popular in decentralized storage! I'm sure that the company is waiting for success!
Konfeta

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:31:43 PM

The decentralized repository is gaining momentum! more and more companies need with the provision of services with storage of data! the whole world goes to the information level, society begins to need data storage! especially became popular in decentralized storage! I'm sure that the company is waiting for success!
Im highly confident in SIA, I believe that it will be a top crypto in some years from now.
And when market recovers we will see Siacoin price move to higher levels.
Pages: « 1 ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 [452] 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: