Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:22:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382143 times)
big_daddy

Activity: 1666
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 08:47:43 AM

GPU Miner new algo?

nope

obelisk only, for now ofcourse ;-)
maybe Claymore will do something as the old good dual with Sia

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
meyer

Activity: 523
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:51:19 AM

as I understand things I would have after the hardfork all my coins on both chains. they will be accessible with the same passphrase/ key ... the one I use now ... no matter which version my wallet is upgrated to
Is this correct?

THX for answering!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
EUROPECOIN ERC  BITTREX  BLEUTRADE  EUROPECOIN WEB  TWITTER  QUICKFACTS  CLOUDSTAKING  NSA
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Paula14

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 02:03:59 PM

do you think Sia will dump after the fork?
love diem

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:23:54 PM

as I understand things I would have after the hardfork all my coins on both chains. they will be accessible with the same passphrase/ key ... the one I use now ... no matter which version my wallet is upgrated to
Is this correct?

THX for answering!

I'm very confusing also. I just installed wallet version 1.3.7 at my pc. and moved coins from exchange to this wallet already.
Will I get both coins after hard fork?
If anyone know about this matter , please kindly answer for me. Thank you in advance. 
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:39:00 PM
Merited by BitMaver (2)

Version 1.3.7 will be on the forked chain, that's the official SiaCoin chain.
Version 1.3.5 will stay on the legacy chain, that's what you can call SiaCoinClassic or SiaCoinCash or whatever.
You can access both coins with the same seed.

love diem

Activity: 226

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:52:35 PM

Version 1.3.7 will be on the forked chain, that's the official SiaCoin chain.
Version 1.3.5 will stay on the legacy chain, that's what you can call SiaCoinClassic or SiaCoinCash or whatever.
You can access both coins with the same seed.

Thank you very much for your answer.
After read your answer , I understand as follows.
1. I can use wallet version 1.3.7.
2. I have to keep my seed.
3. After hard fork the wallet version 1.3.7 can sync with main chain automatically.
4. For other chain which may be will happen , I have to install new wallet which will lunch by other chain and use my seed from my existing wallet.( V 1.3.7 ) to access the new coin.

This my above understanding is correct or not.
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:01:40 PM

Hey. Where are the miners for the new algorithm?

At the same place as ever, of course:

https://obelisk.tech/

If you don't want one, you can go buy 1000 RX580 cards
for the same hashing power and ask Clamore to add support
to his software miner
So that's decentralization - Obelisk ASIC-s  Grin Grin Grin Grin
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:04:26 PM

do you think Sia will dump after the fork?

To the contrary, I think the SC price may rise, perhaps substantially in the longer term. This is because the miners of the pre-forked version are more likely to mine for profit and sell the coins shortly after mining. On the other-hand those that bought the Obelisk mining rigs, that will be used after the fork, are more likely to be SC supporters and less likely to dump the coins. Of course I have no crystal ball and anything can happen in crypto.
zealdeal
Copper Member

Activity: 27

Zeal The Deal

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:09:59 PM

How many times a year will I need to upgrade my miner if I decide to purchase one of the new miners for the announced fork?
litecoingva

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

in LTC i trust

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:05:00 PM

just to update poloniex is ok but the withdrawal occurred 3 hours after bittrex.... and fees are 1000 time higher on polo... 10sc compared to 0.1sc

@GODofUSD
ikill4food2

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:20:27 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2018, 09:34:22 PM by ikill4food2

RIP to the overload of SIA miners that have been dumping daily - killing the SIA price and destroying our supporting miners. NO MORE - it stops NOW. Finally.

Miners that give a #@#$%@ about SIA and community are back in control.

Check out all of the daily miner SIA dumps happening for the last time today ... Good riddance to all of you and may the door hit you on the way out! So long Jihan and Bitmain crew that has rekt SIA's pricing support for far too long.

Also, SIA > USD --- This is really big news, Don't see the other coins/tokens getting USD support at POLO & Bittrex.

Something brewing with SIA, the infrastructure occurring on exchanges is incredible.
litecoingva

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

in LTC i trust

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:14:23 AM

RIP to the overload of SIA miners that have been dumping daily - killing the SIA price and destroying our supporting miners. NO MORE - it stops NOW. Finally.

Check out all of the daily miner SIA dumps happening for the last time today ... Good riddance to all of you and may the door hit you on the way out! So long Jihan and Bitmain crew that has rekt SIA's pricing support for far too long.

Also, SIA > USD --- This is really big news, Don't see the other coins/tokens getting USD support at POLO & Bittrex.

Something brewing with SIA, the infrastructure occurring on exchanges is incredible.

i love SIA and i'm in since long time. the last bullrun was ended by the bitmain asic miner that killed the enthusiasm of investor. i have faith in this project and it's a nice time for new believer to come in. this fork will give to ppl a new vision of mining... i mean the team could made some deal with bitmain like other project... would love to see SIA on some hard wallet to hope this will come out in a near futur.

i'm excited to see after the fork how will be the 2 chains... i mean how will be the hashrate Cheesy... a good battle and sure some storm in the next weeks around siacoin and sia classic ? Smiley

@GODofUSD
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:11:54 AM

i love SIA and i'm in since long time. the last bullrun was ended by the bitmain asic miner that killed the enthusiasm of investor. i have faith in this project and it's a nice time for new believer to come in. this fork will give to ppl a new vision of mining... i mean the team could made some deal with bitmain like other project... would love to see SIA on some hard wallet to hope this will come out in a near futur.

i'm excited to see after the fork how will be the 2 chains... i mean how will be the hashrate Cheesy... a good battle and sure some storm in the next weeks around siacoin and sia classic ? Smiley

I agree 100%, there are no losers with this fork, everyone has coins on both chains and ALL miners still can use existing hardware to mine and make a return on their investment. This is a better outcome than killing the original sia with continued infighting and stagnation.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 04:57:41 AM

That in my view will only (unfortunately) last 2-3 months. It will be a fairly easy fix to any new ASIC's to do the forked siacoin. In Bitmain's case it usually takes

them 1.5 months to mask chips and 1.5 months to get them into the world. This is very temporary. Innsilicon/Baikal/Bitmain will have a monster miner out

at the lastest in 3-4 months IMHO.

The only chance this MAY not happen is if the price of BTC and other Altcoins are sideways in price or drop further...thus not making it worth their while

to make these units...But betting against that cuts my neck in my hoard value of altcoins and BTC so I have a problem looking at this in that manner indeed!

whatever. Chump or Champ. We will be the first to know Sad

later

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Cryptonica

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 09:21:58 AM

[....]
and if you hold sia's for longer time don't forget to claim your hyperspace coin, as that fork already happened

what is that exactly?
I have not heard of it yet.
I have been hold Siacoin since January 2018. Can I still do something there?
ikill4food2

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 10:38:26 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2018, 11:04:54 AM by ikill4food2
Merited by Searing (1)

That in my view will only (unfortunately) last 2-3 months. It will be a fairly easy fix to any new ASIC's to do the forked siacoin. In Bitmain's case it usually takes

them 1.5 months to mask chips and 1.5 months to get them into the world. This is very temporary. Innsilicon/Baikal/Bitmain will have a monster miner out

The only chance this MAY not happen is if the price of BTC and other Altcoins are sideways in price or drop further...thus not making it worth their while

to make these units...But betting against that cuts my neck in my hoard value of altcoins and BTC so I have a problem looking at this in that manner indeed!

later

brad

Hang in there my friend! Smiley

There is no 'fix' for adding circuitry/hardware to existing Asic miners. The changes made would require redesign, which Bitmain LOST their lead Asic designer some time ago - if anyone missed - this large event majorly offset their IPO plans and halted productions. Jihan has pissed off the majority of the few remaining workable asic prod facilities, in kind they contractually refuse further design agrmnts.
Bitmain is unlikely to rollout any new hardware designs as the setup process can take 6+ months before prod of any unit begins. Also requires large initial $cash$ sttlmnt - millions - Jihan admitted these setbacks with Bitmain as documents/evidence surfaced during the first IPO attempt (many details became public).

Bitmain cannot easily fix this, nor can they quickly/easily reproduce the single required Asic for mining SIA.

Other mining hardware manuf face these same hardware redesign challenges - this is not a quick fix , time + severe costs.

No worries, The obvious deterrent here is sufficient to secure SIA mining in the future.

SIA would not have made this move if it was a simple quick step to change for other mining hardware. Alot more to this.

And now, we see the final last of the daily miner dumps happening up until the fork later today. Take note of this.

*Don't forget Bittrex USD>SIA added for easy 'On-ramp' (Institutional? Coinbase add? Huh)
Anyone else opinion as to why Sia was selected from the 300+ Coins listed on Bittrex for USD?
ikill4food2

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 11:14:58 AM

[....]
and if you hold sia's for longer time don't forget to claim your hyperspace coin, as that fork already happened

what is that exactly?

Yes - Check out Hyperspace links here:

https://hspace.app/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4560833.0

https://twitter.com/HyperspaceCloud

mehrdadb3

Activity: 159

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 04:41:22 PM

i have some sia coin in my wallet i create6 mounth ago with  siacoin gui wallet but i just create wallet and didnt sync it
i get forks or no?

and how setup wallet in ubunto linux? with command line
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:28:14 PM

later

brad

Hang in there my friend! Smiley

There is no 'fix' for adding circuitry/hardware to existing Asic miners. The changes made would require redesign, which Bitmain LOST their lead Asic designer some time ago - if anyone missed - this large event majorly offset their IPO plans and halted productions. Jihan has pissed off the majority of the few remaining workable asic prod facilities, in kind they contractually refuse further design agrmnts.
Bitmain is unlikely to rollout any new hardware designs as the setup process can take 6+ months before prod of any unit begins. Also requires large initial $cash$ sttlmnt - millions - Jihan admitted these setbacks with Bitmain as documents/evidence surfaced during the first IPO attempt (many details became public).

Bitmain cannot easily fix this, nor can they quickly/easily reproduce the single required Asic for mining SIA.

Other mining hardware manuf face these same hardware redesign challenges - this is not a quick fix , time + severe costs.

No worries, The obvious deterrent here is sufficient to secure SIA mining in the future.

SIA would not have made this move if it was a simple quick step to change for other mining hardware. Alot more to this.

And now, we see the final last of the daily miner dumps happening up until the fork later today. Take note of this.

*Don't forget Bittrex USD>SIA added for easy 'On-ramp' (Institutional? Coinbase add? Huh)
Anyone else opinion as to why Sia was selected from the 300+ Coins listed on Bittrex for USD?

I certainly hope you are correct. My other major concern is their vision of a decentralized anonymous network at 10c to Amazon Cloud's $1 in fees.

Any idea how likely that is to 'fly' in the near future? Without that siacoin is deader than dead IMHO. But all I've been hearing is that the interface

sucks and it does not pay to setup a cube anymore to provide storage (the other leg in this 3 legged stool with price and asics and of course this network vision)

later

brad

[....]

what is that exactly?

Yes - Check out Hyperspace links here:

https://hspace.app/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4560833.0

https://twitter.com/HyperspaceCloud

Alas, I got a bitmain unit B3 for $50 on eBay for 'shelf art' ..it included shipping. After taking it off as 25% off equip for taxes..I have a big $37.50 invested

in this. Alas, someone mentioned this would make 90c a day. Or say maybe $30 a month. the electric cost is $90 a month ...oops..back to shelf art. heh....

I also got a Bitmain V9 BTC miner for the same cost above...you guessed it 'bookends' Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:31:19 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2018, 08:18:18 PM by Searing

oops.double quoted was gonna delete this post and can't

hmmm......

well as an aside, any 'hope' or fixes by obelisk for the obelisk dcr1 decred miners?

(doubtful, but I have this blank post I can't delete...so I may as well kick this beehive as well)
of
I have ONE coming free (no shipping to data hall) for swap'ing 1/2 off coupons from my 'dubious' 5 siacoin miners I got that may and I say may...of course the sia obelisk

sc 1 miners MAY....

NOT BE DOORSTOPS AFTER A WHAT IS IT 1.5 MONTHS AS DOORSTOPS Smiley GASP! Tomorrow, November 1st 2018!

My one FREE decred miner ...er...not so much.... Sad

Anyway, still think it is beyond amusing that I got this unit free (hey its a paperweight, better than the 5 coupons) it is the 2nd batch..so by the time I get

it even free, I can't make any $$$ ...weird as hell huh? Smiley,

anyway, will try to remember I can't delete posts on this board for a day or so

anyway...could be worse for you guys who ONLY got sia sc1 units....indeed!

brad

Pages: « 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: