Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 [472] 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382134 times)
maloy1cs

Activity: 644
Merit: 18

EXIP A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain ser

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 10:23:54 PM

For me personally Sia is one of the few projects that really benefits from the usage of blockchain technology instead of just exploiting it as an easy way to collect money.

IF...they truly get the decentralized blockchain cloud storage network up to compete as they say against Amazon Cloud at 10c to the $1 and anonymous as they claim...

Does not pay to get the equipment for such cloud storage, yet, no hype, not enough movement ..zippo...

without that getting up to speed...siacoin is worth zip

Where is the promotion? Where is a roadmap that makes sense and is moving along?

again zip

brad

You are absolutely right! Since I also do not see any special advances ... I'm a little disappointed with the work and attitude of the team! Siacoin has a good potential, but for some reason the team does not induce any special movement ...

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xantrax

Activity: 827
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 08:07:27 AM

I've been testing the upside trend for the last few days, but I haven't been able to break it and it is therefore very important to keep climbing now.
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 04:56:34 PM

Circulating Supply
38.227.008.534 SC

what is the Max Supply ??

thanks

Theres no max supply

But the inflation rate drops a lot over time to ~3.5% by 2020. And with coin burn in a few years the coins should reach a near maximum supply.
LoveStory

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:07:32 PM

So SIA is a platform service provider storage? How to uploud the document into the drain? some service providers provides free storage for storage of small scale, and is required to pay when they need a larger space, how about SIA, do they provide it too or is required to pay to be able to to use the service?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:02:41 AM

---------------------- this is now in the wind on how to get boards...in Jan/feb 2019 (no less) ..... FYI ---------------------

Obelisk Upgrade Board Sale Details
Dear Obelisk Customers,

We are excited to announce that we will be launching a new sale later today, Tuesday, December 4, 2018, in the late afternoon (Eastern Time). Below are the four items we will be offering:

1. Obelisk SC1 Hashing Board, Gen 1: $699
Purchase a Siacoin Gen 1 hashing board, compatible with Batch 1 DCR1 or SC1 units. Incompatible with units from Batch 2-5. Estimated ship date: February-March 2019.

2. Obelisk SC1 Hashing Board, Gen 2: $1499
Purchase a Siacoin Gen 2 hashing board, compatible with Batch 2-5 DCR1 or SC1 units. Incompatible with units from Batch 1. Estimated ship date: February-March 2019.

3. Obelisk DCR1-to-SC1 Paid Conversion: $1199
Convert a Batch 2-5 DCR1 for a Batch 6 SC1. Estimated ship date: February-March 2019.

4. Obelisk DCR1 Buyback: +$300
Obelisk will buy back your Batch 2-5 DCR1 unit for $300. You will still be entitled to receive compensation for missing the estimated shipping date, which is currently worth approximately $125.

Purchasing
You will be able to apply existing coupons to your orders, and we will also be crediting your accounts with the compensation for missing estimated delivery dates. All purchases must be made in Bitcoin. Please ensure you have Bitcoin available to spend, as unpaid orders will canceled after 8 hours.

Compatibility
SC1 boards are compatible with DCR1 or SC1 miners, but you cannot run both DCR1 and SC1 boards simultaneously. If you decide to place SC1 boards in a DCR1 chassis, you must run a firmware update. If desired, you can operate a unit with only one hashing board installed.

Logistics
The sale will take place through the Obelisk Customer Portal. For the first 24 hours, we will restrict the sale to existing Obelisk customers (those who purchased a unit in Batches 1-5 directly from Obelisk). After 24 hours, we will open the sale to the public, and anyone will be able to register for a new account on the portal and make purchases.

More Details
We will send an announcement later today when the sale opens that provides more details and links to a full FAQs document.

As always, please let us know if you have any questions. In addition to emailing, you can always reference our support center or join us on Discord.

Best,

– Team Obelisk

----------------------------------

I wonder if they really will take my (1) $450 coupon for 1 board and (4) 250 coupon for remaining boards? I swap'd my 1/2 off coupons for a dcr1 miner which does not seem prudent right now...

I am kinda 'meh' on ordering (even with coupons) much more than (1) board (hey, its a $450 coupon) ...what do you guys think...the Jan/feb 2019 ship date is clumbersome with the current crypto price dump

later

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
WillJ7

Activity: 32
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 03:35:26 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2018, 04:17:18 PM by WillJ7

Sia is a great project with a company behind it, institutional money will come in at some point in the future if they can act together

I'd say you were a great comedian, but you probably believe your own statement.  Brad: you will appreciate this -- it is coming up on the one-month-away from when I paid Obelisk for my SIA miner.  What do they send me in my email inbox?  An offer to buy an upgrade board for my miner, which has yet to ship.  Or, they will buy back my as yet unshipped miner for $300.  Swell, I'd love to light several hundred dollar bills on fire, what a great idea.

Because nothing screams we are really focused on getting the product you paid for out the door like announcing new products for the item that I already paid for and which STILL hans't shipped.  Clue #2 is the stale 'if you need support, come join Discord, yeah!'

Clue #3 is that it would be trivial to put a spreadsheet grid up on the Obelisk site that let anyone see which orders (by order number and order date) had shipped, and which had not.  I don't see anything like that.  I write to "support" and I am directed towards vague postings, vague promises about the end of November, and such.

Here is what I think based on the evidence to date:  they don't have their act together, it would take someone with the brains of Netflix to offer to buy them out.  Amazon is not Netflix.

Edit:  Another way to view this announcement is beta board v1 sucks. Doesn't make sense to make more of them.  So let's give the suckers who paid almost a year ago these choices:  pay MORE money for a decent board, the v2 board, or if you have really lost all patience, we will refund you $300, because we can take those unshipped units and give them to the hold-outs who want a miner but feel insulted that we want them to pay all over again for the v2 board.
tirthraj
Copper Member

Activity: 447
Merit: 2

www.bitcoinformula.in | BTC Script

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 06:49:32 AM

It's still going down  now 70 sat . I had few when it was 100 .but let it be.
is there any website  or pool through we can do staking of Siacoin.

any response would be appreciated.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:08:48 PM

Sia is a great project with a company behind it, institutional money will come in at some point in the future if they can act together

I'd say you were a great comedian, but you probably believe your own statement.  Brad: you will appreciate this -- it is coming up on the one-month-away from when I paid Obelisk for my SIA miner.  What do they send me in my email inbox?  An offer to buy an upgrade board for my miner, which has yet to ship.  Or, they will buy back my as yet unshipped miner for $300.  Swell, I'd love to light several hundred dollar bills on fire, what a great idea.

Because nothing screams we are really focused on getting the product you paid for out the door like announcing new products for the item that I already paid for and which STILL hans't shipped.  Clue #2 is the stale 'if you need support, come join Discord, yeah!'

Clue #3 is that it would be trivial to put a spreadsheet grid up on the Obelisk site that let anyone see which orders (by order number and order date) had shipped, and which had not.  I don't see anything like that.  I write to "support" and I am directed towards vague postings, vague promises about the end of November, and such.

Here is what I think based on the evidence to date:  they don't have their act together, it would take someone with the brains of Netflix to offer to buy them out.  Amazon is not Netflix.

Edit:  Another way to view this announcement is beta board v1 sucks. Doesn't make sense to make more of them.  So let's give the suckers who paid almost a year ago these choices:  pay MORE money for a decent board, the v2 board, or if you have really lost all patience, we will refund you $300, because we can take those unshipped units and give them to the hold-outs who want a miner but feel insulted that we want them to pay all over again for the v2 board.

yeah....lots of $450 coupons about thou...(I did not get any just saying) and you take off in the USA another 25% on equipment deduction off taxes you owe this year for the purchase...then add say your compensation for your previous obelisk (mine was $603.85 I think it was for 5 obelisks) ...well...I can see why their site (was) locked up yesterday and would not allow me to put in my BTC address..(hey, they probably have to generate some $$$ to pay the compensation by selling the boards..sorry couldn't resist)

anyway, the whole crypto universe is upside down..my non-forked obelisk from 2 months ago doorstops now make bucks....fake satoshi has crashed the btc price and such and likely

has taken over BCH as an altcoin...bitmain is going down with about $1 Billion in debt ... the SEC will likely NOT touch BTC ETF with a 10' pole for years

etc, etc.

Sheesh. From that perspective mining Siacoin and holding it looks downright sane! (not that I'm sure I should HODL anymore)

Just waiting now for Craig Wright proving he is Satoshi with private keys (hey, going with the craziest ideas lately) that would dump BTC to 1k fast indeed..everyone hates his ass.

Talking to my CPA today. My taxes set aside is fine. Although I can see the lecture coming Sad However, I think we are going to get a recession so I can payback with my lecture

next year...hopefully....if crypto comes back and stablizes..and IF siacoin actually gets some traction on their 'network cloud storage' ....who knows...chump or champ we will

likely know by end of 2019

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 09:25:42 PM

I think this should be promoted more

https://www.clearcenter.com/blogs/timeline/clearcenter-and-sia-partner-to-create-clearshare-blockchain-based-storage-platform

Soon ClearSHARE (I hope) will be out and there will be possibility

for around 500 000 servers running ClearOS to share their disks

on SIA network...I mean, thats a huge number

These snappy boxes can already be preordered, too (former minebox, and got 2 bigger brothers)

ASKTOC

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 09:34:22 PM

i wonder how old this is. sia coin didn't meet my expectation though Sad
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 02:53:45 PM

Edit:  Another way to view this announcement is beta board v1 sucks. Doesn't make sense to make more of them.  So let's give the suckers who paid almost a year ago these choices:  pay MORE money for a decent board, the v2 board, or if you have really lost all patience, we will refund you $300, because we can take those unshipped units and give them to the hold-outs who want a miner but feel insulted that we want them to pay all over again for the v2 board.
I think this whole obelisk miner thing is bullshit they got pissed at bitmain for releasing a better miner faster than decided to screw over the miners who bought it by resetting the difficulty so there miners would only work if this is centralized I dont know what is

And did this with a hidden secret circuit makes you think what else do they have hidden in their asic miners, miners for years have said bitmain is able to track and shut down your miner if wanted well this proves one company can
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 11:12:51 PM

I think this should be promoted more

https://www.clearcenter.com/blogs/timeline/clearcenter-and-sia-partner-to-create-clearshare-blockchain-based-storage-platform

Soon ClearSHARE (I hope) will be out and there will be possibility

for around 500 000 servers running ClearOS to share their disks

on SIA network...I mean, thats a huge number

These snappy boxes can already be preordered, too (former minebox, and got 2 bigger brothers)

all the above is 'pre-order' boxes..don't exist yet..at least according to a rep in that chat page

at these BTC prices I wonder if the boxes will even get built now...(I wonder about a lot of coin and projects in that manner now..not just sia-tech related)

bummer

brad

Branko

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 12:17:40 AM

all the above is 'pre-order' boxes..don't exist yet..at least according to a rep in that chat page

at these BTC prices I wonder if the boxes will even get built now...(I wonder about a lot of coin and projects in that manner now..not just sia-tech related)

bummer

brad

All those boxes already exist on the hardware level...problem is software, and my guess is that it could actually be SIA (but I'm only guessing here)

hardware:

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/product-catalog/servers/proliant-servers/pip.hpe-proliant-microserver-gen10.1009955118.html

Software:

nextcloud is already integrated, ClearOS exist since 2009, so only missing link is probably SIA integration

which is a bit strange considering how old is this news

https://nextcloud.com/blog/introducing-cloud-storage-in-the-blockchain-with-sia-and-nextcloud/
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 01:39:43 AM

bummer

brad

All those boxes already exist on the hardware level...problem is software, and my guess is that it could actually be SIA (but I'm only guessing here)

hardware:

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/product-catalog/servers/proliant-servers/pip.hpe-proliant-microserver-gen10.1009955118.html

Software:

nextcloud is already integrated, ClearOS exist since 2009, so only missing link is probably SIA integration

which is a bit strange considering how old is this news

https://nextcloud.com/blog/introducing-cloud-storage-in-the-blockchain-with-sia-and-nextcloud/

doubt I'd get one...just what the guy said in the chat window on the site..they are pre-order only..I notice the announcement was June 2018

again, nothing but deafening silence on the their cloud storage product...I wonder if they are all just on the hardware side now ..due to the delays

in hardware..that would be bad if the other side ..the software for the cloud mining storage part is behind

brad

zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 01:49:59 AM

Legendary coins and still strong to trade on Bittrex.
In full, I will continue to HODL Sia Coin for buying it at the price of 90 Satoshi, 80 Satoshi and now it costs around 70 Satoshi.

Ahhh Come on Up! I'm still minus 20%!
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:54:44 AM

In full, I will continue to HODL Sia Coin for buying it at the price of 90 Satoshi, 80 Satoshi and now it costs around 70 Satoshi.

We need to wait for the market to turn. All ever pumps, but need to place advance orders for sale. The delayed start of sales of ClearNODE can affect the value of SIA.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
pydev7

Activity: 172
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 05:49:48 PM

Just bougt more SC, I believe in you guys Smiley
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 04:33:12 AM

We need to wait for the market to turn. All ever pumps, but need to place advance orders for sale. The delayed start of sales of ClearNODE can affect the value of SIA.

"The delayed start of sales of ClearNODE can affect the value of SIA."

Sorry friends, I have confusion that I mean by ClearNODE.
Can you explain to me what is ClearNODE?
Is that still part of the SIA Coin project?

Regards
zxl912157
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 04:53:54 PM

Regards
zxl912157

In fact, it's just a server running ClearOS with integrated storage SIA (the use of blockchain technology by means SIA). More details can be found here.
https://www.clearcenter.com/blogs/press/new-blockchain-storage-platform-clearshare-by-sia-clearcenter-announced

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Branko

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 08:26:25 PM

Regards
zxl912157

In fact, it's just a server running ClearOS with integrated storage SIA (the use of blockchain technology by means SIA). More details can be found here.
https://www.clearcenter.com/blogs/press/new-blockchain-storage-platform-clearshare-by-sia-clearcenter-announced

Since its announced long ago, and its actually continuation of even older project (Minebox), using word "just" is probably
not proper, as there are obviously some obstacles
Pages: « 1 ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 [472] 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: