Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:54:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646882 times)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:03:20 AM

Gold hits $500 on its deathbed. Qed.

The great thing about technology is that it can adapt to fit requirements while a commodity cannot.

Lol, what a shill.  No, the price is not going below cost of production unless everyone on the planet simultaneously decides a better substitute for money has been found, except there is no valid replacement for such a role.  Cryptocurrency is a joke because not a single one of these coins is actually decentralized.  Claiming the whole planet is going to forsake gold and silver and use completely centralized digital crap coins in their place just makes you look insane.

Every time you type this "perfect money" nonsense slogan it's like seeing one of those old 18th century physicists talking about "aether".  Sorry, "perfect money" is not completely centralized lol.  If you claim bitcoin is "perfect money", then you could also extend that rationale into saying a coin where only one person on the planet has the technical capability to construct an ASIC for is also perfect money.  It would clearly be a useless monopoly and not perfect anything, and that's close enough to where bitcoin is already in practice.
It will take time for market to realize and some technological advancements for it to happen but rome wasnt built in a day. The architecture is still in development and might surprise you. By then ofcourse it will be too late for your equity.
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:33:20 AM

Armstrong on latest macrovoices podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FUdE6Ka7vc
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:30:02 AM

It will take time for market to realize and some technological advancements for it to happen but rome wasnt built in a day. The architecture is still in development and might surprise you. By then ofcourse it will be too late for your equity.

It's not possible to make a decentralized cryptocurrency without abolishing the ability to mine on cruise control with no user input.  You would need to create decentralized captchas or puzzles using some exotic snarks crypto.  Then from there, the world will be a bizarre place where the poorest people sit in front of computer screens mindlessly solving captchas until they move up into the middle class.  They will essentially be doing work of no value on a mass scale, so it's kind of ironic that would be considered an improvement when half the labor force on earth is doing literally nothing of use lol.  

It might be a genius idea though as the perfect welfare or basic income system should the robots take all the jobs.  I assume the robots would eventually be able to solve the captchas/puzzles as well, so it would just turn into a centralized coin with a single admin constantly trying to change the captchas to avoid AI.  Besides the fact it's probably not even possible to find convergence with such a system, the real takeaway point is that there's no reason to even do it when nature has already given us a perfectly useable decentralized currency known as the noble metals (gold and silver) with thousands of years of distribution.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 08:58:49 AM

It's not possible to make a decentralized cryptocurrency without abolishing the ability to mine on cruise control with no user input.  You would need to create decentralized captchas or puzzles using some exotic snarks crypto.  Then from there, the world will be a bizarre place where the poorest people sit in front of computer screens mindlessly solving captchas until they move up into the middle class.  They will essentially be doing work of no value on a mass scale, so it's kind of ironic that would be considered an improvement when half the labor force on earth is doing literally nothing of use lol.  

It might be a genius idea though as the perfect welfare or basic income system should the robots take all the jobs.  I assume the robots would eventually be able to solve the captchas/puzzles as well, so it would just turn into a centralized coin with a single admin constantly trying to change the captchas to avoid AI.  Besides the fact it's probably not even possible to find convergence with such a system, the real takeaway point is that there's no reason to even do it when nature has already given us a perfectly useable decentralized currency known as the noble metals (gold and silver) with thousands of years of distribution.
You have lost your marbles. Gold ia deader than ded. You havent gotten a word I have written
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:02:34 PM

(Posting less for a while because we are moving)

Agree with r0ach re price of gold cannot be below cost of production at least for long.

Also agree that SRSrocco has nice insights into Au and energy.

Re BTC, we'll see, it's had a nice run.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:09:24 PM

Agree with r0ach re price of gold cannot be below cost of production at least for long.

What is cost of production? Wouldnt silver have a better chance then because its used more in production?
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 12:56:28 AM

You have lost your marbles. Gold ia deader than ded. You havent gotten a word I have written

You repeat the false claim over and over that a centralized digital crapcoin is better than gold and silver.  None of these coins are decentralized at all, but even if they were, they would still be worse.  The fact they aren't decentralized just makes your statement all the more laughable.  Centralized coins, or coins controlled by small rent seeking usury cartels, are no different than the fiat scam systems that already exist.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 03:32:19 AM

You repeat the false claim over and over that a centralized digital crapcoin is better than gold and silver.  None of these coins are decentralized at all, but even if they were, they would still be worse.  The fact they aren't decentralized just makes your statement all the more laughable.  Centralized coins, or coins controlled by small rent seeking usury cartels, are no different than the fiat scam systems that already exist.
Example of where.you are wrong. Mimblewimble comes in and solves all of your problems
. It functions as a sidechain. Because it is a sidechain bitcoin extends its functionality. Your still not understanding. Well the market understands its the best teacher. Your gold will only drop in value in comparison to digital currencies. Any upticks will be sold into in gold.. any dumps will be bought up in crypto.

Since.you sold around $700usd btc you have been saying the same stuff over and over.while the market keeps on proving you wrong.. should give you a hint that your generalizations are incorrect and time to rethink everything you have assumed before you switched positions.
Dario A.

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:37:54 AM

Hello everybody,

Martin recently made a post where he talks about the ECM, It was the post called "Kim Jong-un The Kid Whose Father Never Spanked – Why 2017 Is The Crisis Year For Korea", and at some point he talks about the three components of his model: the wave frequency based on Pi of 8,6 years, the volatility component and the schema frequency which he does not reveal. I guess that the last one is related to the third dimension which for security reasons he does not reveal (https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/armstrongeconomics101/understanding-cycles/the-schema-frequency/). Also for those who now the new yorker article "The secret cycle" he refers at the end that Pi may be related to dark matter, of which he also never shared.

Well what I would like to know is that if anyone has any ideas regarding that subjects that would like to share, any thoughts would be most welcome!

Thanks,

Dário A.
AiloveYouks21

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:24:27 AM

IMHO Dollar will take a quick turn soon and will not be seen as a safe haven.
It's status as petro-dollar is already being contested, one of the few reasons the currency was able to keep it's head up during tougher times (stronger EURO etc.).

Will keep following this, very enlightening  Smiley
Jumanji7

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 02:53:36 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2017, 04:02:06 PM by Jumanji7

The cost of gold production begins at $700:

http://marketintelligence.spglobal.com/our-thinking/ideas/gold-mining-costs-fall-in-march-quarter

Thus gold price seems to be much higher than its production cost.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:11:29 PM

http://marketintelligence.spglobal.com/our-thinking/ideas/gold-mining-costs-fall-in-march-quarter

Thx thats what i thought.. it should be around 700
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:18:52 PM

I think my advice is usually more actionable than that of MA. (Shelby?)

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:11:57 AM

The cost of producing gold is a complez subject, many miners calculate it different ways.  There are even several ways to calculate "All in Production Cost" for each mining company.  It's a mess, investors usually know this, and there have been attempts to get a standardized way to calculate production costs (taking into account the initial investments, price of diesel fuel, etc., etc.).

The below is a link that claims (and hey I don't know) that gold production cost is strongly correlated to crude oil price:

https://srsroccoreport.com/who-really-controls-the-gold-price-the-answer-is-quite-surprising/

I have read over the past couple of years that if you include ALL COSTS, it would be around $1100 - $1200, on the average, to produce an ounce of gold.  Many miners cannot do that, they just produce to cover their recurring costs and (try to) pay down debt...

Steve (author of of the above blog) writes often that there are very few new gold deposits being found, and they are small.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:03:19 AM

The cost of producing gold is a complez subject, many miners calculate it different ways.  There are even several ways to calculate "All in Production Cost" for each mining company.  It's a mess, investors usually know this, and there have been attempts to get a standardized way to calculate production costs (taking into account the initial investments, price of diesel fuel, etc., etc.).

The below is a link that claims (and hey I don't know) that gold production cost is strongly correlated to crude oil price:

https://srsroccoreport.com/who-really-controls-the-gold-price-the-answer-is-quite-surprising/

I have read over the past couple of years that if you include ALL COSTS, it would be around $1100 - $1200, on the average, to produce an ounce of gold.  Many miners cannot do that, they just produce to cover their recurring costs and (try to) pay down debt...

Steve (author of of the above blog) writes often that there are very few new gold deposits being found, and they are small.
Kiss 700 all else is a lie.. my friend gatorinla on ff approves.if u dont know ask
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:33:36 PM

sidhujag

Forgive me but I did not understand your above comment.  

I still think gold will not fall too much anytime in the near future.  Not much below cost of production (varies company to company, and "cost of production" as I mentioned before is a slippery term).

EDIT: But I will give credit where credit is due: Bitcoin has been on a complete tear recently, gold has gone down slightly.

Armstrong is perhaps even more dubious on the future of Europe even with Macron winning in France:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/politics/macrons-victory-may-be-disaster-for-merkel/

Europe is primed for social unrest as their governments do not care about their people, uncontrolled immigration, etc.

For those in the USA (like me), I would hesitate to invest any money in Europe now.
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:47:40 AM

EDIT: But I will give credit where credit is due: Bitcoin has been on a complete tear recently, gold has gone down slightly.

Yes I regret putting some money into gold over the last year. It slowed my BTC accumulation and as a result I have only hit 86% of my goal holdings at an overall higher cost then planned.

Now I have to decide if I want to pay much more for that last 14% or decide to stop at a lower amount of BTC.

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:11:04 AM

Yes I regret putting some money into gold over the last year. It slowed my BTC accumulation and as a result I have only hit 86% of my goal holdings at an overall higher cost then planned.

Now I have to decide if I want to pay much more for that last 14% or decide to stop at a lower amount of BTC.

Naah, you should regret nothing re buying gold.  Gold is a bargain under $2000.  Really!  In the longer term you will clean-up with gold. 

Gold is wealth.  Gold is insurance against .gov malfeasance.  Best Store of Wealth in town.  [Hide it well]

I do hear you re BTC though.  I have been buying small amounts for a long time (since it was some $600 before its first +/- $1300 peak), and more as it went down then up.  I would have to do a lot of math, but I would guess that my average cost (counting premia from buying at BTC ATMs, etc.) would be about $1200 - $1300.  No recent purchases though, it could go down below $1000 -- but who knows...
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:37:14 AM

Hello everyone,
I just joined this wonderful forum because I found the conversations are very interesting. I have been studying BTC for quite a while and finding the latest price increase is simply nuts! Why is it going up so much so fast? Anyone got a sensible answer?

Think of it like a tech stock.

Current Market Cap (billion USD)

Twitter         13.4

Snapchat      26.4

Bitcoin           28.7

Yahoo          47.7

Facebook      438.5

Market has decided Bitcoin is no longer equals a Twitter. Now it is about a Snapchat in value.

Given the underlying potential of the technology it is entirely possible that some large institutional investors have decided that it may be worth a Yahoo which if true bodes well for gains in the future.   Grin

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:15:16 AM

sidhujag

Forgive me but I did not understand your above comment.  

I still think gold will not fall too much anytime in the near future.  Not much below cost of production (varies company to company, and "cost of production" as I mentioned before is a slippery term).

Armstrong is perhaps even more dubious on the future of Europe even with Macron winning in France:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/politics/macrons-victory-may-be-disaster-for-merkel/

Europe is primed for social unrest as their governments do not care about their people, uncontrolled immigration, etc.

For those in the USA (like me), I would hesitate to invest any money in Europe now.

I'm just saying that production cost is around $700 so theres the magnet for gold and where its headed and also my friend gatorinla on Forexfactory has been saying it for years it needs to touch some bear targets down around 500ish.. looking likely now few years ago he was laughed at those numbers usually are respected though ive seen it first hand... i havent done an analysis on gold technically but makes sense based on our other views that its likely to go down and not up (remember I said next time btc breached gold its gonna be for good)
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: