Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:58:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is gambling fix your life? or wreck your life?  (Read 164007 times)
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:42:15 PM

I guess it doesn't matter if we just bet on little bucks there

Whats the point to gamble then if you are not hoping to win? People gamble to win, if you keep gambling a small amount to lose then I suggest you dont gamble anymore because all the small amount collected from you gamble lost will be a huge amount in the end.

C'mon dude, do you think someone build a gambling site to make you rich?  Wink  Gambling is not a job or investment in my opinion, but it has became a other side in sport (because I'm sport gambler). Or we can say it is a game, but in this game you need to bet money beside your time.

No I dont think it that way. Im just saying if you keep risking small amount and lose , someday that small amount will be a big amount. Lets say you risk $1 every day, in one year that will be $365 lost. Assuming you only lose half because sometimes you might win the game then tou will lose around $180 every year thats a huge amount I say

You said with your assumptions that I lost in half of year, and I won remains. So, I lost $180, but got $185. Wow, I have a good news for you. I got surplus $5 here  Cheesy

Where did I say that you only lose half of the year?  Sad Assuming you lost of half of it is not the same as you lost half only of the year . You should read this carefully . I understand that this might be a language barrier judging from your statistic that you are non native. Lets just let it slip I guess

It's not lost if you are having fun and getting a small kick out of it. Plus 180$ is what 3 computer games?

I know its not much but still its a lost
scat (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Scat The Billionaire

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:43:26 PM

I guess it doesn't matter if we just bet on little bucks there

Whats the point to gamble then if you are not hoping to win? People gamble to win, if you keep gambling a small amount to lose then I suggest you dont gamble anymore because all the small amount collected from you gamble lost will be a huge amount in the end.

Small amount just absolutely waste your time, better you help your parent works.
C'mon guys gambling created to make people rich, go for it! Dont waste your time to place small bet amount.
Gamble is about take a risk or nothing.

C'mon dude, do you think someone build a gambling site to make you rich?  Wink  Gambling is not a job or investment in my opinion, but it has became a other side in sport (because I'm sport gambler). Or we can say it is a game, but in this game you need to bet money beside your time.

there are many people that gambling fixed their lives , the gambling site will never lose but that doesn't mean that all players playing in the site will lose
even in -EV games , there are some people know when to stop
and you talked about sports betting , sportsbetting is considered as a gambling game which a little amount of people can beat it
so you can actually fix your life if you can beat the sports , and there is poker as well
my point is that there are many people can make a good money by gambling , and you can see many people that make a living by gambling and this is a fact  and you can see a lot of them ( actually there are some of them here in the forum )

It's okay if people got many winning from gambling, and fyi actually I made more winning than losing in sportbet and poker  Smiley  But, I never use word of "fix" to describe it, I prefer "fun"  Cheesy

okay and i prefer describe it "fun to be fix people lives"
people will looks fun if they realize their gamble all this time have fixed their live.
so do people who got nice profit everyday as their one of main job.
but remember dont so serious play it, take it easy, a limo will come out Cheesy .

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1126

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:55:01 PM

No I dont think it that way. Im just saying if you keep risking small amount and lose , someday that small amount will be a big amount. Lets say you risk $1 every day, in one year that will be $365 lost. Assuming you only lose half because sometimes you might win the game then tou will lose around $180 every year thats a huge amount I say

You said with your assumptions that I lost in half of year, and I won remains. So, I lost $180, but got $185. Wow, I have a good news for you. I got surplus $5 here  Cheesy

Where did I say that you only lose half of the year?  Sad Assuming you lost of half of it is not the same as you lost half only of the year . You should read this carefully . I understand that this might be a language barrier judging from your statistic that you are non native. Lets just let it slip I guess

Oh my bad, you must explained that clearly. I don't know where you got the principal for your assumption. Okay, I fix my words. You said I risk $1 everyday, so there is any possibility with my one dollar I could get $100 right? Let me advise you important things, don't make assumption on gambling, that's not an investment  Smiley  And one thing, don't ever blame a misunderstanding as a native issue, it sounds too arrogant for me.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
scat (OP)

Scat The Billionaire

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:54:25 AM

Oh my bad, you must explained that clearly. I don't know where you got the principal for your assumption. Okay, I fix my words. You said I risk $1 everyday, so there is any possibility with my one dollar I could get $100 right? Let me advise you important things, don't make assumption on gambling, that's not an investment  Smiley  And one thing, don't ever blame a misunderstanding as a native issue, it sounds too arrogant for me.
Thats right, gambling is uncertain thing. You can't make assumption because gambling is gambling can't be definite.
Someone could have been make their pennies to be billion.
And also someone could have been make their billion to be nothing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:15:59 AM

Thats right, gambling is uncertain thing. You can't make assumption because gambling is gambling can't be definite.

Have you met someone who got rich from gambling?
I think gambling is just waste of money
You could use your money for investment
IMO
GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 09:11:28 AM

IMO

If you are talking about dice, roulette or any other gambling game thats basically the same as those, no, i havent heard of anyone getting rich from them and no one will. Well there is some people that got rich from roulette because they cheated. If we talk about poker or other type of bets, sport bets for example then yes, i have heard of people getting rich or winning even millions but its a really hard thing to do and not many people will be able to do it.
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1114

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:58:35 AM

IMO

If you are talking about dice, roulette or any other gambling game thats basically the same as those, no, i havent heard of anyone getting rich from them and no one will. Well there is some people that got rich from roulette because they cheated. If we talk about poker or other type of bets, sport bets for example then yes, i have heard of people getting rich or winning even millions but its a really hard thing to do and not many people will be able to do it.

I guess it is impossible to get rich like this, since those machines and games are made to catch money from addicted people  Grin
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:18:22 PM

Poker is my relaxation time. its not bad nor really great from me because I do lose often. I'm a bad bluffer.
scat (OP)

Scat The Billionaire

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:21:15 PM

Poker is my relaxation time. its not bad nor really great from me because I do lose often. I'm a bad bluffer.

yes some people claim poker as their relaxation time ( this situation a little bit fix people lives ),
there is no pressure for real when playing even you play in big amount and losing them then.
poker always give the player new experience and new way to gamble their money when bored time come out.
ahh you're a bad bluffer? but sometimes bluffer give you straight luck. just never bluff in real life .

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:22:33 PM

Some people gamble with the emotional expectation of loss - they desire on a deeper level to LOSE and when this happens it brings them the sadness they think they deserve. As this lack of self love was imprinted on them during the younger years of their lives. I have met people like this

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
Watoshi-Dimobuto

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:25:46 PM

Wreck your life, unless "you" happens to be the casino owner Tongue
lockscreen

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:18:34 PM

have you ever thought to spend your life in the world of gambling
maybe here there are some crazy gambling  Cheesy
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:24:53 PM

Never heard of gambling FIXING somebody's life. Shouldn't rely on it for anything other than entertainment.
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:57:14 PM

You said with your assumptions that I lost in half of year, and I won remains. So, I lost $180, but got $185. Wow, I have a good news for you. I got surplus $5 here  Cheesy

Where did I say that you only lose half of the year?  Sad Assuming you lost of half of it is not the same as you lost half only of the year . You should read this carefully . I understand that this might be a language barrier judging from your statistic that you are non native. Lets just let it slip I guess

Oh my bad, you must explained that clearly. I don't know where you got the principal for your assumption. Okay, I fix my words. You said I risk $1 everyday, so there is any possibility with my one dollar I could get $100 right? Let me advise you important things, don't make assumption on gambling, that's not an investment  Smiley  And one thing, don't ever blame a misunderstanding as a native issue, it sounds too arrogant for me.

IMO

Yes I know some members and they are having a good life thanks to gambling
of course they don't waste their time playing roulette or blackjack ... etc
do I have to repeat my words about +EV games  Huh
even binary options consider as a gambling , and there are many people do good at it
I just want people to remember that there are +EV games , of course there are  ups and downs , but in the long run you can achieve a lot playing +EV games
actually there are a lot of people streams on Twitch , you can ask them about their journey with poker and you will see the answers yourself
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:28:38 PM

You said with your assumptions that I lost in half of year, and I won remains. So, I lost $180, but got $185. Wow, I have a good news for you. I got surplus $5 here  Cheesy

Where did I say that you only lose half of the year?  Sad Assuming you lost of half of it is not the same as you lost half only of the year . You should read this carefully . I understand that this might be a language barrier judging from your statistic that you are non native. Lets just let it slip I guess

Oh my bad, you must explained that clearly. I don't know where you got the principal for your assumption. Okay, I fix my words. You said I risk $1 everyday, so there is any possibility with my one dollar I could get $100 right? Let me advise you important things, don't make assumption on gambling, that's not an investment  Smiley  And one thing, don't ever blame a misunderstanding as a native issue, it sounds too arrogant for me.

IMO

even binary options consider as a gambling , and there are many people do good at it
I just want people to remember that there are +EV games , of course there are  ups and downs , but in the long run you can achieve a lot playing +EV games
actually there are a lot of people streams on Twitch , you can ask them about their journey with poker and you will see the answers yourself

binary options are a simplified form of forex trading, so it is possible to get an edge to profit if you know what youre doing.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:35:45 PM

IMO

binary options are a simplified form of forex trading, so it is possible to get an edge to profit if you know what youre doing.

exactly mate
the point is you have to know what you are doing , and that's what leads to +EV long run
that's exactly what I was talking about , and the same thing is in poker
Gamblers who make a living in gambling stick to +EV games , which leads us again that gambling could be really profitable if gamblers know what they are doing , that's the main point of my post
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:40:49 PM

exactly mate
the point is you have to know what you are doing , and that's what leads to +EV long run
that's exactly what I was talking about , and the same thing is in poker
Gamblers who make a living in gambling stick to +EV games , which leads us again that gambling could be really profitable if gamblers know what they are doing , that's the main point of my post
getting an edge and gambling +EV is something that I think most people dont understand; so many time i see dice addicts spamming about their "winning strategy," but the way I see it its all the same, its just -EV gambling. there are people (RL) who quite literally live at casinos playing poker for a living because they are very good at it; being good at something random like dice is simply impossible.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
scat (OP)

Scat The Billionaire

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:58:47 AM

Some people gamble with the emotional expectation of loss - they desire on a deeper level to LOSE and when this happens it brings them the sadness they think they deserve. As this lack of self love was imprinted on them during the younger years of their lives. I have met people like this

Some peolple with those expectation too had a straight win, there is always two sides.
and people like that usually apply it as their mindset to losing happily and to win proudly.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
magicmexican

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 09:09:57 AM

Being good at something random like dice is simply impossible.

Its possible, if you can cheat.

In live craps i guess its possible in theory, with dice control (lol)

Its always been amusing to me why Phil Ivey was/is so obsessed with craps, is he just a partial degenerate or there is something more to it, who knows.
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1114

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 01:42:12 PM

Being good at something random like dice is simply impossible.

Its possible, if you can cheat.

In live craps i guess its possible in theory, with dice control (lol)

Its always been amusing to me why Phil Ivey was/is so obsessed with craps, is he just a partial degenerate or there is something more to it, who knows.

Why only cheating?! Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: