Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:11:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450409 times)
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 06:52:11 PM

A gun is a tool, I can agree to that..
And a violent person can kill people with and without a gun..

But is a person that is facing a gun run from the bullet?
Why do you have to keep assult rifles in you house?
Why do you need a sniper rifle? (Not counting a hunting rifle for hunting only)
Why do you need a shotgun next to your bed?

The only kind of weapon I can see reason for to have..
Is a 9mm pistol in the nightstand next to your bed for safety if something should happen at home. (Home invasion or something alike)

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 07:35:08 PM

gun control laws appear to have no effect on crime rates, particularly upon gun murder rates

because it is still to easy for criminal to acquire it, they will not buy weapons from local gun shop, they have their secret dealer in the entire world in other country, there is an hidden traffic for that i read it, some got arrested for this, instead for honest people it's much harder to get a weapons

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 08:29:15 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2015, 08:58:42 PM by TheButterZone

i agree with you normal citizens dont need a gun but buisness men on the other hand run a larger risk so having bodyguards and carrying a gun is pretty natural for a rich buisnessman

Bullshit. Rich businessmen are victims of less violent crimes per capita than poor people who can't afford to bribe their way out from under "gun control" (infringement of the human right to self-defense).

When was the national guard ever attacking law abiding citizens?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

Rights should stop when other people rights are jeopardized, Guns are tools made to kill, giving people the liberty to own a gun just like that is irresponsible and it doesn't just put the owner the danger but everyone around, and as proven with the best above, guns ownership by any individual have the opposite effects.

If guns were only made to kill, then they are defective most of the time as most GSWs are not fatal. The right to self-defense is the primary human and evolutionary right. You "stop" that right, and people are murdered, raped, maimed, and have all their other rights violated with impunity. Do you think criminals with billions of pints of innocent blood on their hands have any compunction about the fabrication of your statistics that "justify" disarming only their innocent victims, despite all proof beyond any reasonable doubt to the contrary?

Short answer : not working.

"Gun control" (disarming only law-abiding, mentally-sound, sober people) works perfectly for violent criminals.

gun control laws appear to have no effect on crime rates, particularly upon gun murder rates

As if murders and lesser violent crimes without guns don't matter.

Murder and violent crime rates tend to have a positive correlation with "gun control", as only violent criminals can have guns and other lethal weapons and their victims cannot effectively defend themselves proportionally, in most cases never having to fire a shot to induce the violent criminal's surrender.

Too much defending of indefensibly evil, geno/democide-prerequisite, "gun control" laws here. /unwatch

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
the_reprobate

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 12:46:11 AM

In this age there is no point in banning guns or this gun control because people can still buy it through illegal ways.. its like disarming the people who only wants to protect themselves from villains.

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:06:04 AM

In this age there is no point in banning guns or this gun control because people can still buy it through illegal ways.. its like disarming the people who only wants to protect themselves from villains.
if you can get guns like lolly pops then there will be loads of gun murders its the simple truth Wink

ask your self this do you think you have the right to kill a human for what ever reason
why i ask this?
 just say a man is just ready to jump out ov your window after robbing your house and and you had a gun would you shout hay you stop and give me my stuff back or would you fire at the window first

now if i had a gun in my house and some 1 robbed my house i would shoot at the window for sure then that person could very well die
and no one deserves to die for that but because i had a gun at hand it be instinct you shoot at the window
to protect your self so you thought at the time

now if you never had a gun and seen someone jumping out the window 9 out of 10 times
 you would shout hay you i am on the phone to the police hoping they run because you where a bit scared in case they had a weapon
i know you can get people who would tackle anybody without a gun but most people wont do that BUT if you got a gun at hand it makes you feel that more braver to tackle that person

i would feel safe with a gun if we could have them in the uk
because if anyone tried to rob or hurt me i could blast there heads off
see what having a gun has done to me Cry Cry
 mess with me and i will blast your head off
now that is why you should ban guns less guns less murder SIMPLES  Wink Wink
now say 2 people having a gun fight and your child get caught in the cross fire
if they only had a knife each they only kill each other not your child mum dad so on Wink Wink Wink

humans can loose the plot so easy we are very emotional creatures 1 day we feel good next day we feel bad not good having guns around humans when there feeling bad..
i say 25 years in prison for carrying a gun if you have no permit for that gun
if you carry a gun your intentions are to kill
now you see the pattern why guns should be banned if you can get them like lolly pops then more will die because of guns
a gun as no purpose but to kill
12 year old kid can rob you with a gun
try it with a knife or a stick i would still boot that 12 year old up the butt hole and tell him to fuck off
but if he stuck a gun in my face i would hand over all my cash
see the pattern getting guns like lolly pops not good for humanity
 BAN THEM you only need a gun if your in the army
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:19:33 AM

if you can get guns like lolly pops then there will be loads of gun murders its the simple truth Wink

ask your self this do you think you have the right to kill a human for what ever reason
why i ask this?
 just say a man is just ready to jump out ov your window after robbing your house and and you had a gun would you shout hay you stop and give me my stuff back or would you fire at the window first

now if i had a gun in my house and some 1 robbed my house i would shoot at the window for sure then that person could very well die
and no one deserves to die for that but because i had a gun at hand it be instinct you shoot at the window

now if you never had a gun and seen someone jumping out the window 9 out of 10 times
 you would shout hay you i am on the phone to the police hoping they run because you where a bit scared in case they had a weapon
i know you can get people who would tackle anybody without a gun but most people wont do that BUT if you got a gun at hand it makes you feel that more braver to tackle that person

now that is why you should ban guns less guns less murder SIMPLES  Wink Wink
if they only had a knife each they only kill each other not your child mum dad so on Wink Wink Wink

humans can loose the plot so easy we are very emotional creatures 1 day we feel good next day we feel bad not good having guns around humans when there feeling bad..
now you see the pattern why guns should be banned if you can get them like lolly pops then more will die because of guns
try it with a knife or a stick i would still boot that 12 year old up the butt hole and tell him to fuck off
Get an education. Your post sounds like a 13 yr old wrote it from England the motherland of nannystates.
Switzerland is the Gun Capital of Europe and they don't have the issues you rattle on about.
Besides I believe there have been some pretty high profile murders with guns in your country as well.
A country where it's barely legal to own a .177 caliber pellet rifle without some sort of permit.
So the argument about gun control stopping murders is really just BULLSHIT.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:15:41 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 04:30:47 AM by popcorn1

why i ask this?

now that is why you should ban guns less guns less murder SIMPLES  Wink Wink

Get an education. Your post sounds like a 13 yr old wrote it from England the motherland of nannystates.
Switzerland is the Gun Capital of Europe and they don't have the issues you rattle on about.
Besides I believe there have been some pretty high profile murders with guns in your country as well.
A country where it's barely legal to own a .177 caliber pellet rifle without some sort of permit.
So the argument about gun control stopping murders is really just BULLSHIT.

you idiot a gun makes you feel powerful and if guns are at hand you will use it dick head

we are getting alot of gun crime now where we live and more kids are getting shot than ever before
its gone crazy
 when i was a kid you settled it with a fist fight now the kids blast your head off because you can get hold ov a gun so easy
ban them 25 years in jail for carrying a gun
plus you yanks are fuckin dicks not all but most ov you are  DICKS
we all know you yanks like to walk around like john wayne
i knew a guy who was a little worm i would smash his face in
 this guy grew up to use guns and made him think he was some hard case
 any way this guy shot a doorman in the neck for telling him to put his hud down in a night club
he got 22 years in jail and this poor doorman in wheel chair for rest ov his life
now if he had no chance ov getting a gun may be his life would be different now DICK

its you that is so stupid
right say the young have no jobs and there is poverty where they live
next step is to rob or sell drugs
 now the best way to rob some 1 is stick a gun in there face you dick
switzerland  has high employment  so every 1 happy
 lots of poverty makes people do bad things so if guns are easy to get then they will use them you stupid DICK YANK you are so stupid if you think that carrying guns is ok
ban all guns
if no 1 has a gun then you wont be able to shoot each other U DUMB ASS

to say a human kills and its not the gun is so fuckin stupid
a gun makes you want to kill and makes you more braver than you would normally be
if your life is happy and rich then your chances of doing something bad is zero
but if your poor and have  children to feed you will do what ever it takes to get money and having guns around humans when there feeling low is a bad idea can you not see it you stupid yank
the_reprobate

Activity: 320

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:17:02 AM

why i ask this?

now that is why you should ban guns less guns less murder SIMPLES  Wink Wink

I don't have to argue because basing from your post it seems that you have a little knowledge about the outside world.. There are gun shops you know and besides there are people secretly selling illegal fire arms bud..

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:40:33 AM

yer and that is why i am saying 25 years for carry a gun
we can get guns around here in uk like lolly pops
so to say i am talking bullshit we have gun problems and there banned are kids are shooting each other because there from over the road stupid it is but if they sold them in shops the kids be shooting each other every 5 mins thank god there banned here but they need to get 25 years for carrying a gun
some will still do it no matter how many years they get but i bet most wont carry tho
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:52:36 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 05:20:40 AM by popcorn1

I don't think gun control is necessary. Switzerland has a lot of guns too, but a very low crime rate.

I think the main reason why there are more gun crimes and crimes in general in the U.S. is the media. European media usually shows more nudity, but less violence.
most ov there population works no need to steal of each other they are a happy nation
now lets make Switzerland poor with no gun laws how many people will get shot now
can you not see it poor people with guns is a bad idea
and you treat your own people like shit
 we have NHS you have fuck all make money or die thats your law
no guns no shootings simples you plant pots

now watch this see how easy it is for a human to be good then turn bad what is he carrying and who could be hurt
no gun it would not happen www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4705kE44Jc
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:14:34 AM

I don't think gun control is necessary. Switzerland has a lot of guns too, but a very low crime rate.

Switzerland is a low crime society, and there are no high-crime ghettos within the Swiss cities, unlike the case in the United States. And the Swiss immigration authorities are more careful with the immigrants entering their country, immediately deporting those with a criminal background. Also receiving a Swiss passport is quite tough, even for people who have lived there for more than a decade.
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:29:53 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 05:45:35 AM by popcorn1

Switzerland is a low crime society, and there are no high-crime ghettos within the Swiss cities, unlike the case in the United States. And the Swiss immigration authorities are more careful with the immigrants entering their country, immediately deporting those with a criminal background. Also receiving a Swiss passport is quite tough, even for people who have lived there for more than a decade.
and they are a happy nation so why on earth would they want to shoot each other
no real problem with poverty
but i bet any money if switzerland become poor those guns will be used more than ever
plus i bet most swiss wont have a gun even tho they can

last post here i made my point
 USA  should ban fire arms and if your worried about protecting your self legalize stun guns for protection
and that way your still got the right to use a gun but not 1 that fires bullets  a simple idea

all i here  from you yanks is the constitution says i have the right to carry a gun well you still got your rights buts its a stun gun
av a nice day all  and i hope you can see the light guns need banning and stiffer jail time for carrying a gun
Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:08:42 AM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

If I ever had to kill somebody, I'd rather make a chart, study each and every aspect of chemistry and physics carefully and somehow end up planning my victim's death look like a suicide. But if I have gun, I have nothing to worry about. Straight execution. I'd say yes. Guns are necessary for murderers like me.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 07:56:57 AM

The best way is ban the bullets, so let them sell their gun to society, just as a decoration maybe, or a tool to thread a robber that want to rob your money. I guess there is someone in the world been dead by gun now while we talking about it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:02:08 AM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

Yes for sure gun control won't stop the violent people from being violent. But than is not the point.
The point is of the safety.
Less guns more safety.
 Even If reduced weapons can't guarantee safety it does jot mean that we should start distributing weapons.

Aggressor66 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:44:54 AM

Let's be honest, some people shouldn't have the right to own a gun.
For example, If you're a violent criminal, you shouldn't have a gun, mentally unstable or deranged, no guns.
2 amendment is a right, however with rights come responsibilities.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:56:16 AM

For example, If you're a violent criminal, you shouldn't have a gun, mentally unstable or deranged, no guns.

I don't think that it is possible for violent criminals and people with known mental disabilities to own a gun in any of the 50 states within the USA. That said, rules and regulations vary from state to state, and there are certain loopholes in the laws with certain states. May be, the state governments should work on these loopholes rather than taking away guns from everyone.
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 12:15:59 PM

It is not so easy to own a gun, sir. There are a lot of rules, regulations, requirements and permissions required to own a gun legally. Obviously it is not legal for a violent criminal,or any person with a criminal record to own any ammunition. Mentally unstable people with guns. Sounds like Joker's big funny game.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 01:17:25 PM

I think in today's world guns are necessary, there are evil people everywhere who don't mind coming to your home to loot, kill, rape, hurt your loved ones, who are you gonna rely on? the Police? Pff

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 01:24:02 PM

The only kind of weapon I can see reason for to have..
Is a 9mm pistol in the nightstand next to your bed for safety if something should happen at home. (Home invasion or something alike)
Nope, there's no good reason for that either. The data shows that's much more dangerous for you and your family than NOT having that same handgun on the nightstand.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: