Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:16:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450417 times)
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:04:34 PM

Gun control is necessary in countries when people living in bad conditions because they can easily start shooting to recivie something the want...

ayaayapotpot

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:27:21 PM

Having a gun is a responsibility. It’s like your holding your life in it. Now a days having a gun is to dangerous. Why? Because the temper and being irresponsible of most of the people. If the government will be more strict with the implementation of the law regarding owning a guy maybe it’s  a yes. But how the government is handling the implementation of the law of having a gun now it’s a no for me. Because the risk of crime will increase because of that.
MuxeProject
Copper Member

Activity: 126

MUXE - Real Estate Assets Platform

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 11:35:28 PM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

assuming united states here:

Nationalize firearms dealers. If you want someone across the counter from a potential psycho shooter you'll want it to be a government employee. Government employees don't depend on gun sales to be employed. They just get a stead paycheck from uncle Sam and call it a day. If some psycho goes in there with only a couple issues with mental illness maybe the owner will just sell it. Whereas a government employee will do exactly what they're told. Especially if those gun sellers are former 03 infantry marines or other MOS in the United States military. That prevents forced robbery because the people there will be experts at defending (especially if they are security forces) and that may solve the problem of former infantry marines not being able to get jobs. At least with a government job they can start as an gs-7 or something like that. Good pay, something they are good at (provided their own mental stability is on point) and they are the best defense IMO. Maybe a good thought, maybe this can be refuted. Wondering what others think.

Join the discussion about Blockchain & Real Estate! | MUXE - innovative platform for all real estate needs | www.muxe.io
LaTishaLaToya

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:27:58 PM

People control is better. A guy with temper and other connected emotions might use it for personal gains.

It's odd to see people wearing guns aside from cops.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:18:34 AM

People control is better. A guy with temper and other connected emotions might use it for personal gains.

It's odd to see people wearing guns aside from cops.

But it wasn't odd at various times and places all over the world. In America, once the general populace had used their guns to bring about relative peace in the whole country, most set their guns aside. Finally we forgot what it was like for the majority to wear guns in public.

Now that bad guys with guns are becoming more problematic again, it's time we all started packing in open-carry style, so we can clean up America again. Then, after America is cleaned up, no guns will be necessary, and we can hang them up until next time.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:00:41 AM

Latest acquisition:

Just picked it up today.  Just for plinking and playing around.  I should get to be a better shot with a pistol.  Unfortunately I had three failures to cycle and a rimfire fail with cheap ammo.  No failures with the 20 rounds of name brand I sent down-range.  Now I gotta clean the fucking thing.  That's the major down-side of guns.  I guess that 'gun-nuts' love that shit, but I hate it.

Now I need a better CCW, and I've almost decided that a mini-14 is the carbine class rifle I want.  Unfortunately the 'rancher' style doesn't seem to be made in SS in my brief research on the matter.

Edit:  Forgot to add that I was basically forced to kill a skunk that got into my house and showed no signs of leaving a few days ago.  Stunk the place up good, but it's a second house and only my cat lives there at this time.  Unfortunately my pistol had not arrived yet so I had to use my rifle with shot-shells.  The moral of the story is, again, that guns have broad usefulness to a great number of rural dwelling people that have nothing to do with humans.  If you urban-dwelling folk don't take that into account in your plans for how the world needs to work there will probably be trouble.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:01:37 AM

YouTube banning all gun videos in latest censorship assault on liberty… but a new video site ...

In the latest bombshell censorship attack on both the First and Second Amendment, YouTube announced a policy change today that will quickly lead to a complete banning of all gun videos, including movie trailers and video games that depict the use of firearms.

As Bloomberg reports, this is all being framed by YouTube as a way to prohibit the "sales" of guns:

YouTube will ban videos that promote or link to websites selling firearms and accessories… Additionally, YouTube said it will prohibit videos with instructions on how to assemble firearms.

But it is widely understood that YouTube's policy shift will rapidly expand to encompass more than just "demo" videos. As the National Shooting Sports Foundation has now stated, "YouTube's announcement this week of a new firearms content policy is troubling. We suspect it will be interpreted to block much more content than the stated goal of firearms and certain accessory sales. Especially worrisome is the potential for blocking educational content that serves an instructional and skill-building purpose. YouTube's policy announcement has also served to invite political activists to flood their review staff with complaints about any video to which they may proffer manufactured outrage."

"The unprecedented decision is a major move against free speech," writes Jamie White for InfoWars. "…[T]here are thousands of gun channels on YouTube who didn't receive any warning of the upcoming transition."

Breitbart.com's AWR Hawkins explained further, "YouTube is entering the gun control debate with a new ban on videos which demo firearms or link to websites selling firearms or firearm accessories."

In just the last two weeks, YouTube has outright terminated thousands of content accounts, including my own channel ("The Health Ranger") and the ever-popular Military Arms Channel, which reviewed firearms with a high degree of intelligence and experience.

With this latest assault on firearms-related videos, Google/Alphabet/YouTube once again demonstrates that it is the enemy of both the First and Second Amendments that protect individual liberty from authoritarianism.

A new video site rises up, welcoming firearms videos: REAL.video

Now, more than ever, the need for a pro-liberty, free speech video site is more urgent than ever. We've got precisely such a project already in development: REAL.video.

Read more and click the many links at https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-03-21-youtube-banning-all-gun-videos-censorship-assault-liberty.html.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
InvestMen

Activity: 270
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:27:00 AM

A person who will get the right to carry weapons should understand that his safety should not infringe upon the rights of other people who do not have weapons with them. Gradual and selective introduction of licensing can be a certain test, which will give an answer, whether people, without prejudice to society, will be able to handle civilly with personal weapons.
Coinlovertoo

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:16:24 AM

Well it depends to the gun holder.
But i think guns is only used for self defense not for killing innocent people.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:49:06 AM

A person who will get the right to carry weapons should understand that his safety should not infringe upon the rights of other people who do not have weapons with them.

Ya, I was just skimming a story about a guy who's kid, along with a few friends, broke into someone's house to steal shit or whatever.  The homeowner killed them all, and the kid's father is suing the homeowner because his gun gave the homeowner an 'unfair advantage' over the home invaders.

Gradual and selective introduction of licensing can be a certain test, which will give an answer, whether people, without prejudice to society, will be able to handle civilly with personal weapons.

In my observation and experiance, even having 1/100 people perhaps packing heat with a CCW licence contributes a lot to 'civility'.

Of course having a gun owner in 90% of every rural home also does wonders for the rate of attempted home invasions of occupied or suspected occupied residences.  I can say with a high degree of certainty that that is the case in my area which is crawling with meth-heads who otherwise steal anything within sight and who have no morals about beating up or killing anyone who gets in their way.  Especially old and weak females. Meth is a terrible drug.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:49:59 PM

Gun Control Sentiment Shifts Dramatically

Here are a few Tweets that express the sentiment change. The first Tweet is the most important one...

Read more at https://www.themaven.net/mishtalk/economics/gun-control-sentiment-shifts-dramatically-CTb6bHgA-kiw9W2WKb0SEQ.

Cool

Betheng10

Activity: 238

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:34:06 PM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

"Guns don't kill people. People kill people" - DMX in the movie Romeo Must Die.

Heard this and made me think that it was actually true. Guns are merely tools that's when used with bad intentions are really dangerous. But if a person has really intended to hurt someone anyting can be dangerous too.

Im pro gun control, but its the responsibility of the governent whom to grant liscense to purchase and carry a gun.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:28:52 PM

FL Students Who Begged Gov't to Take Their Rights Away, Now Angry Gov't Took Away Their Rights

After the tragic shooting in Parkland, Florida last month, a group of anti-gun high school children became the darlings of the anti-gun movement. They were given widespread coverage and platforms on all mainstream media networks to call for the disarming of Americans. They were sanctioned by the government to do so—and now they are getting what they asked for—less rights.

In the Land of the Free, marching for change used to mean that you were standing up to the government to demand more or equal rights. Fast forward to 2018, however, and it is the exact opposite.

The mainstream media and the government tells us that these students are brave for walking out of class and demanding change—but how is it brave to be used as a tool of the state?

Activism involves challenging the establishment and what these kids were tricked into doing is not activism.

Earlier this month, millions of students across the country were encouraged by the government, mainstream media, and even their own school systems to walk out of class and demand the government take away their rights. It was, by no means, a challenge of authority and, in fact, it was a celebration of it.

Schools across the country not only sanctioned it, but they supported it and actually punished those who chose to abstain. The walkout was little more than young people conforming to government authority by parroting the government-approved message in a government-approved venue—even at the government-approved time.

The message was simple: we want this government to take our rights away.

Young Americans across the country marched to demand less freedom from their rulers and the mainstream media, celebrities, and politicians alike shoved this down our throats as some grassroots heroic political activism. However, it was the opposite, and now even the cheerleaders of this movement, David Hogg, Emma González, et. al., are beginning to realize what happens when you beg the state to take away your rights. They take away your rights.

On Friday, the Broward County School system announced its plan to violate the students' right to privacy be implementing a clear backpack policy.

"Clear backpacks are the only backpacks that will be permitted on campus," said Broward County School Superintendent Robert Runcie said in a letter sent to parents.

Now, all students will have to allow anyone at anytime to view the contents of their backpacks as well as wear IDs so they can be properly identified by school authorities.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/fl-students-who-begged-govt-to-take-their-rights-away-now-realize-how-stupid-that-was/.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:34:03 PM

Parkland School Shooting Survivor: Don't Blame Guns, Blame the 'Cowards of Broward County'

During the March 25 airing of Face the Nation, Parkland school shooting survivor Kyle Kashuv suggested people looking for something to blame ought to be pointing at the "cowards of Broward County" rather than guns.

Kashuv was referencing the Broward County Sheriff's Office from which a deputy arrived on scene 90 seconds into the attack and waited outside the building while the gunman spent nearly five more minutes shooting innocents.

Parkland survivor Kyle Kashuv speaks up for gun rights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dxjCokQP9I

Read more at http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/25/parkland-school-shooting-survivor-blame-cowards-broward-county/.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:39:28 PM

Question for anti-gun protesters: When the government death squads come for your loved ones,...

This article is part of a series of short, philosophical observations about the recent anti-gun hysteria and media PSYOP that exploits children to demand their own enslavement under authoritarianism.

See also: Someone remind the anti-gun mob: The Founding Fathers created the Second Amendment to protect us from mindless mobs JUST LIKE YOU

Question: When the government death squads come for your loved ones, how will you stop them?

Anti-gun protesters are, almost without exception, utterly illiterate on the topic of history. If they studied any history at all, they would know that authoritarian regimes seeking to concentrate power always seek to disarm the citizenry first.

Once that's accomplished, government death squads can easily accomplish their task of eliminating all political opponents of the regime in power. Government "death squads" have, throughout history, routinely hunted down and murdered not just individuals but often entire families where even one person opposed the government leader. Given the number of insane left-wing people currently calling for the murder of President Trump and anyone associated with him, it's not at all difficult to imagine America's left-wing anti-gun lunatics condoning and even publicly supporting such death squads right here in America. (See UC Berkeley students openly call for the violent murder of conservatives.)

Following the death squad "cleansing" of the country, the regime rapidly becomes corrupt and more dangerous to the liberty and safety of all the people. After all, when there's no balance of power with the citizens being armed, there is no accountability on the part of the government in charge (which has monopolized control of the guns and therefore need not answer to anyone at all).

Gun control, it turns out, simply means the corrupt regime controls the guns. Any call for gun control is a call to concentrate absolute power in the hands of the most corrupt, power-hungry people in every society: Those who seek to rise to the highest levels of government and rule over everyone else.

By definition, government is the most dangerous entity when power is concentrated in its hands. That's precisely why gun control is so dangerous and so often leads to genocide. It's also why governments have murdered 262 million people in the 20th century alone, dwarfing all other causes of death, including disease.

Read more at https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-03-25-question-for-anti-gun-protesters-when-the-government-death-squads-come-for-your-loved-ones-how-will-you-stop-them.html.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:48:10 PM

Video: Candidate For Sheriff In N.C. Suggests KILLING Americans To Take Their Guns

A candidate running for the office of Sheriff in North Carolina was caught on video advocating all manner of anti- Second Amendment policies, including a suggestion that it is ok to murder Americans to take their firearms.

Daryl Fisher, seen in the following footage, listed every gun control measure he could think of and admitted he was in favor of them.

Fisher then noted that many pro-gun Americans often repeat the phrase "I'll give you my gun when you pry (or take) it from my cold, dead hands."

"OK" Fisher said, implying that he is fine with law enforcement literally killing Americans to take their guns away.

The comment prompted laughter from Fisher's supporters.

Read more at https://www.prisonplanet.com/video-candidate-for-sheriff-in-n-c-suggests-killing-americans-to-take-their-guns.html.

Cool

BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 09:04:36 PM

Gun control is good thing but everyone should understand that people always want to get something illegal so it can bring many problems in future.

crypto_nd

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

Less troubles

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:25:36 PM

all i have to say is that people who posses firearm should be scrutinized periodically, both mentally and physically. taking away firearm won't stop violent take for instance the prison system, even with the high restriction and control of inmate. their is still high level of violent.       
#dhabitamartha

Activity: 673

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:55:16 AM

I really understand this article, the only real weapon for self-protection and state security is not for the unauthorized use of teenagers and the public. this is one of the causes is a weapon that can be made by a group of people who only think self-interest for this wealth should be stopped. Illegal imports are very influential.
udroxz

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:10:47 AM

I never used a gun but dont need a gun because im not harmful for other guys at this reason they dont harmful for me.
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: