Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:36:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450417 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:12:25 PM

Why you need the Second Amendment: Six men storm into California home during early morning invasion

Hey #GunControlNow crowd, please tell me why you believe one doesn't need large capacity magazines to defend themselves against SIX intruders?

From SFGate: Six men armed with a handgun and prybar invaded a Bayview (CA) home early Sunday morning to rob three people, authorities said.

The incident occurred just before 1:30 a.m. on the 1900 block of Carroll Avenue, according to a San Francisco Police Department report.

The victims, two men in their 50s and one woman in her 60s, were reportedly sleeping when the suspects broke down the front door. Police said the suspects robbed the victims at gunpoint and made off with a purse, cash, cell phones, laptops and a tablet.

Read more at http://www.dcclothesline.com/2018/05/17/why-you-need-the-second-amendment-six-men-storm-into-california-home-during-early-morning-invasion/.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:45:16 PM

My opinion about gun control is that the mere idea of it implies that the average US citizen cannot be trusted to abide by the principle that you do not murder another human being. It implies that if there isn't a law forbidding them, everyone can kill other people. It implies that citizens are not on the same level as those in government. That somehow our status as “private citizen" makes us inferior and unable to grasp the fundamentals of safety and rule of law.
Acording to the Second Amendment, everyone is entitled to have a gun but not anyone should be allowed to possess a gun due to the fact that they may be mentally unstable and i think one way we can make sure that mentally unstable people don't get a gun is that everyone who wants to get a gun should be able to pass a psychological test to show their state of mind before they do and after that, they should be regularly pass the mental checkups as times goes on.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:13:57 AM

My opinion about gun control is that the mere idea of it implies that the average US citizen cannot be trusted to abide by the principle that you do not murder another human being. It implies that if there isn't a law forbidding them, everyone can kill other people. It implies that citizens are not on the same level as those in government. That somehow our status as “private citizen" makes us inferior and unable to grasp the fundamentals of safety and rule of law.
According to the Second Amendment, everyone is entitled to have a gun but not anyone should be allowed to possess a gun due to the fact that they may be mentally unstable and i think one way we can make sure that mentally unstable people don't get a gun is that everyone who wants to get a gun should be able to pass a psychological test to show their state of mind before they do and after that, they should be regularly pass the mental checkups as times goes on.

Who determines the criteria of mental stability? Will the psychologists and psychiatrists always be neutral in their in their personal gun desires when they are judging a person someone thinks is mentally disturbed?

The point is, what if all the psychiatrists and psychologists are gun control advocates. If that happened to be the case, might they not gradually say that all people are mentally unfit to own or use a gun?

The mental competency test, if we have such, should be subject to a trial by jury, with a number of people, including but not limited to psychiatrists and psychologists. Family members of an alleged mentally unstable person, might be better equipped to judge their family member than psychiatrists and psychologists in some cases, just because they lived with him, and observed his actions on a regular basis.

For example, and this is only a crude example; think of better ways to do it. Pete wants to get a gun. He takes a competency test at the gun store. If he passes in a certain range, he gets a gun on the spot. If he doesn't pass, he is required to be tested by psychiatrists and psychologists. Then the results of the tests are brought before a jury, along with family members and friends and neighbors who witness to their experience with his nature, and the kind of person he is. This kind of testing might allow a hunting gun, but might deny him a pistol... or vice versa.

Why place the judgment entirely in the hands of people who might be prejudiced? Let a jury decide in questionable cases, with as many "witnesses" and professional opinions as possible, just like in a court murder trial.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:34:48 PM

Acording to the Second Amendment, everyone is entitled to have a gun but not anyone should be allowed to possess a gun due to the fact that they may be mentally unstable and i think one way we can make sure that mentally unstable people don't get a gun is that everyone who wants to get a gun should be able to pass a psychological test to show their state of mind before they do and after that, they should be regularly pass the mental checkups as times goes on.

A person who is to psychologically unstable to own a gun should also not be able to drive a car or have access to knives, hammers, etc.

On _very_ rare occasion, someone decides attempt to kill a lot of random people.  (Most of what we see in the news these days are phony events engineered to try to achieve a policy change.)  These people tend to choose to try to use a gun because that is what is most easily available to them.  If somehow it was exceptionally difficult to obtain a satisfactory firearm and ammo, then other methods are available and would be chosen.  In some areas bombs are more commonly used for this purpose.  Occasionally poison is used.  Should these techniques come back into favor Americans would be longing for the good old days when guns were the weapon of choice.

Beyond that, military weapons are used in armed conflict, and there are a lot of pockets of armed conflict around the world.  There is no way to arm one's crazy proxy forces (e.g., the so-called ISIS) and not have the goodies make it on to the black market.  Where do you think that all of the grenades showing up on the streets of Sweden are coming from?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
fritzwalter195

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:35:50 PM

It's just an entire business bro.
Those benefitting from this business are too strong and influential, they'll do everything to keep the guns in circulation.
Otherwise, there should be a special governmental program for fighting that socially, but it seems there is none.
Kids watch cartoons and movies and they get inspired from the early ages.
Go and convince them to give up on guns when they are teenagers (especially if their friends own one).

It's just a mess!  Sad
yoseph

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:16:08 PM

The sale of weapons must undergo certain procedures and restrict from selling it to the mentally ill people and those who are involved in violence against other people
That's the best option since taking their guns is not going to happen and that's not something that i even believe they should even consider since they all got it legally because most crimes are committed with  illegally acquired weapons.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:10:38 PM

Isn’t really amazing that with most gun shootouts, the suspects when they are white are almost always caught but when it comes to black people without even guns, they end up dead. I think if they are to disarm everyone, they should begin with the Police first.They are just bullies with a gun.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:57:12 PM

Why you need the Second Amendment: Six men storm into California home during early morning invasion

Hey #GunControlNow crowd, please tell me why you believe one doesn't need large capacity magazines to defend themselves against SIX intruders?

From SFGate: Six men armed with a handgun and prybar invaded a Bayview (CA) home early Sunday morning to rob three people, authorities said.

The incident occurred just before 1:30 a.m. on the 1900 block of Carroll Avenue, according to a San Francisco Police Department report.

The victims, two men in their 50s and one woman in her 60s, were reportedly sleeping when the suspects broke down the front door. Police said the suspects robbed the victims at gunpoint and made off with a purse, cash, cell phones, laptops and a tablet.

Read more at http://www.dcclothesline.com/2018/05/17/why-you-need-the-second-amendment-six-men-storm-into-california-home-during-early-morning-invasion/.

Cool

When exercising constitutional rights no one was to explain themselves.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:59:25 PM
Merited by C10H15N (10)

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:01:10 PM

The sale of weapons must undergo certain procedures and restrict from selling it to the mentally ill people and those who are involved in violence against other people

Laws are already in place. Parkland was caused because of a policy of giving minority troubled youth a free pass to keep them out of jail. If the government had done their job, Parkland would not have happened.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:57:56 AM

[im]https://i.imgur.com/InHobUx.png[/img]

Ironically I was in town today and checked up on my order of a mini-14 ranch style in stainless.  I called about a month ago and they said I was still on the wish-list.  Today they cannot find my name but said they will call Monday.  I also noticed that all of the 40 or so rifles they had were bolt action and I saw maybe one which was not.  Even that may have been chambered for 22lr.  Oregon.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
yoseph

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:41:36 PM

I think controlling of weapon is an essential need in USA. because anyone could afford a gun and could harm to the others in all costs. license for guns should be offered to the people who are either in forces or to the people who are responsible for security field. otherwise it wont be stopping maniacs would kill the innocence people.
Recently read the news about how two cops who were being pinned down by a gang with enormous firepower were saved by an elderly woman who fired at the gangs and with an AK47 and managed to save the lives of the policemen. Guns are good when they are in the right hands.
C10H15N

Activity: 885
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:00:17 AM
Merited by tvbcof (4)

A gun intoxicates the bearer when it is loaded with live armo or bullets because it has the power to take a life,the urge to pull.the trigger becomes strong.

What a load of shit.  What you describe is mental illness, not a normal human being. If this is what is in your head, seek help.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:47:10 AM

Update on my mini-14...or potential mini-14:

My name not being on the wish-list was the result of a clerk with cross-eyes, but their buyers still claimed not to have access to what I want (Stainless/wood.)

We have a mountain lion prowling around again and the animals are acting weird, so I'd really like to get my mini-14 which is, in my opinion, about the best weapon for taking care of one of these creatures if the dogs can tree the thing.  More convenient than my elk rifle which is significant over-kill.

So, I put the feelers out to another gun dealer then told the first people that I had done so, but that I would take a blued carbine if they could get one right away.  They called back and said that their buyer now all of a sudden has access to over 40 of the items I want.  I went to town and paid them and now I have to wait for it to arrive.  1 to 2 weeks for special order guns.

I also noticed in a news search that there were a lot of articles about the evil mini-14 and how, while it looks benign is basically the same thing as the evil AR-15.  The strong implication is that they too should be banned.  Apparently Anders Brevik was a big fan of the mini-14 and few mainstream media articles fail to mention this.

The fact that the mainstream media, and more generally the tribe which owns most of the media and 'our' government, does not wish me to have a mini-14 is reason enough for me to get one.  I'm funny like that.  I was also loaned one one time when I was working in Dillingham since there were more bears than humans in town and they actually did try to break into structures from time to time.  The day after I was loaned the thing, the lender killed a bear on his porch using a shotgun slug.  He hoisted it with his forklift, sawed of it's paws with a chainsaw, then deposited it in the dumpster.  I really liked the size and feel of the mini-14 that I was loaned and figured I'd get one someday.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:29:33 AM

Update on my mini-14:

Picked it up today!  I thought that possessing it was supposed to draw me toward a school to do a mass shooting.  It didn't.  Weird.  I guess maybe the gun-grabbers are just full of shit.

Now I'm wondering how much ammo to stockpile.  I think that 10,000 rounds should be enough for the coming zombie apocalypse but I'm not sure.  Perhaps 20,000 rounds would be better?

More seriously, the crew mentioned how fast my background check went through.  (Yes brainwashed idiots, the U.S. has 'gun control' and I had to do a background check with thumbprints and all that just as I always do.)  I wonder if the background check algorithms are scanning one's facebook posts and twitter messages.  If so, that could explain why my check didn't take long...I've wasn't stupid enough to ever start using those platforms.

Intellectual Romanticist

Activity: 283
Merit: 23

TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 04:18:44 AM

Gun control is a quick and short-term solution to a problem that is cause by human limitation. 
A crime committed without guns is usually less brutal and is easier for the victim to escape from.

But then why are people up for a gun ban?
Cause it would 'somehow' lessen the crimes committed by criminals.

The ultimate solution for crimes is for homes to be loving homes.
For parents to teach and love their children.
Problem is people are selfish. Parents neglect their children.

Intellectual Romanticist
Intelligence Wisdom Courage Honor Integrity Consistency Strength Perseverance Romance
Abe Token | Ethereum Limited | Citereum | Bitcoin One | ExpressCoin
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:06:46 AM

Who controls guns? Sometimes it is bad guys. Sometimes it is good guys. Sometimes it is the police and the military, who have some good guys and some bad guys. Wouldn't you like to be able to control a gun so that you can protect yourself from the bad guys who control guns? I mean, even when the cops are good, it takes them way too long to get there.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:12:04 AM

If We Had A Gun Problem... We Would Know About IT!
330 Million Guns Killed No One Yesterday!

If We Had A Gun Problem... We Would Know About IT!
330 Million Guns Killed No One Yesterday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfULQEXh8rw

Cool

zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:04:13 PM

Firearms guarantee the relative fairness of individuals in the United States towards other people, groups, and government agencies. It also gives the gunners (actually everyone) the responsibility to handle the problem rationally.
In recent years, the issue of large-scale violence has indeed increased. Many people have demanded that they control guns (rather than guns), but the background of the social distribution gap that has expanded more than a hundred times does not change. The gun control itself will do nothing but harm.
Nahdatullah

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:51:56 AM

I personally believe everyone should have guns, at least one in the home. If you check fbi.gov for gun death statistics you will find that the kinds of weapons most gun control people want to ban are things like ARs and 30 round clips. FBI.gov will show you that those kind of weapons are one of the least used in gun deaths, while pistols and shotguns, knives and fist often killing just as many if not more.
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: