Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:16:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450413 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 07:17:47 PM

^^^ But only if a jury judges the psychiatrist to be accurate in every case. After all, a jury can nullify even the law. It's called Jury Nullification - https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/jury+nullification.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:18:44 PM

Armed shopper thwarts potential mass shooting by killing gunman

Emergency calls were made to dispatcher at around 5pm local time.

Suspect carjacked one vehicle then led police to the parking lot of local Walmart.

When he tried to carjack another vehicle, an armed bystander shot him dead.

Read more at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5855083/Multiple-injures-shooting-Walmart-Cops-declare-mass-casualty-event-busy-grocery-store.html.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:56:11 PM

Finally got around to getting and installing a gun safe.  Upon gathering all of my guns and ammo from here and there, I'm thinking "Damn...maybe I am a gun loon!"

What actually happened mostly is that there have been various efforts to dis-arm the population and it's annoyed me and 'triggered' me to buy certain guns just to give the gun-grabbers the finger.  This was a big factor in getting a 5.56 recently.  I also have legacy firearms obtained as gifts in my childhood and inherited from deceased family and what-not.

Also, various kinds of ammo have gone through extended periods of shortage.  Notably 357 mag and 22 lr.  When they did become available I bought some.  Then I forgot that I had and bought some more.  Rinse/repeat.  Only when collecting it all to one place did I realize how much I had.  Anyway, it's actually a fairly good performing speculative play although that was not my intention.  Not as good of a speculative play as Bitcoin though.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:14:36 AM

Assailant with shotgun invades newsroom, kills five. Why did no one shoot back?

I see where an unidentified white male — possibly a disgruntled reader — wielding a shotgun, killed five and "gravely wounded" seven today at the offices of the Annapolis Capital Times, a daily newspaper increasingly shifting to "digital platforms," a subsidiary of the Baltimore Sun and thus, eventually, of the Chicago Tribune and the Big Media Conglomerate known as "Tronc."

Immediately, and predictably, deranged members of the echo-chamber Left media blamed President Donald Trump, for correctly pointing out those failing enterprises have done everything in their power for 30 years now (and especially since Trump did the unthinkable, the unforgivable, defeating their spotless modern Joan-of-Arc, Miss Hillary) to prop up the Globalist Uniparty and its "open borders, low-wage" agenda, while blocking the populist revolution, the rejuvenation of America, that Trump represents.

This despite the fact that — ever since election night, 2016 — virtually all the violence and CALLS for violence have been coming from the Left. (Ask Congressman Steve Scalise.) They really HATE the fact that — unlike such "good Republicans" as John McCain and Mitt Romney, whose response to vicious leftist attacks was always to lie down, cover their heads, and whine like bitches (in order to prove they were "good sports," and thus not get thrown out of "The Club") this Trump guy DARES to talk back to his betters.

Read more at https://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Article/242735-2018-06-28-assailant-with-shotgun-invades-newsroom-kills-five-why-did-no.htm.

Cool

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:33:37 AM

Just made the jump to a 1911 in 10 mm.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:02:41 PM

Sweet!

For my part, I've now got pretty much every piece I need and want at the moment.  The only thing I have interest in any more would be for 'investment' purposes.  Good trading stock under some potential future scenarios.  If so, I'd focus on the types of weapons that average people would need for basic defense of home and family.

People who want to protect their families but got shut out by the gun-grabber's manipulation of the markets could need these types of weapons (and ammo) badly and it could mean the difference between life and death for them.  If my whole community has defensive weapons (and for the most part they do) then I personally am more safe.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:16:25 PM

Sweet!

For my part, I've now got pretty much every piece I need and want at the moment.  The only thing I have interest in any more would be for 'investment' purposes.  Good trading stock under some potential future scenarios.  If so, I'd focus on the types of weapons that average people would need for basic defense of home and family.

People who want to protect their families but got shut out by the gun-grabber's manipulation of the markets could need these types of weapons (and ammo) badly and it could mean the difference between life and death for them.  If my whole community has defensive weapons (and for the most part they do) then I personally am more safe.

don't forget munition shuffling Smiley the only way to keep always a fresh supply ready, for when the enemies of the constitution and bill of rights will come, to take your beef, take your children to rape them, force vaccinate you, take your plants, take your money or what ever else they want you to not have.

those things are mercyless, reckless, weak but still allowed to prosper.

you know nothing is more dissuassive to those parasitic class of lawyers, judges and their political lackey than high velocity projectiles.

they said : we are gonna force vaccinate you and take your children away... we said nothing. because now it's war.

a problem with raw unpasterized milk you little slave ? excellent, once your body will have decompose the grass will be richer at this spot.

they don't respect our lives, they try to manipulate us, to enslave our minds, to rape our children, spoil our planet, abuse life while pretending to be the good moral guys? and of course they want to repeal the 2nd amendement to then erase the first and move to their united nation charter big one world of happy slave?

I love that... finally some wide scale wars...

as the russian red armies said, try to our weapons away... try... come, try...

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:05:15 PM

Sweet!

For my part, I've now got pretty much every piece I need and want at the moment.  The only thing I have interest in any more would be for 'investment' purposes.  Good trading stock under some potential future scenarios.  If so, I'd focus on the types of weapons that average people would need for basic defense of home and family.

People who want to protect their families but got shut out by the gun-grabber's manipulation of the markets could need these types of weapons (and ammo) badly and it could mean the difference between life and death for them.  If my whole community has defensive weapons (and for the most part they do) then I personally am more safe.

don't forget munition shuffling Smiley the only way to keep always a fresh supply ready, for when the enemies of the constitution and bill of rights will come, to take your beef, take your children to rape them, force vaccinate you, take your plants, take your money or what ever else they want you to not have.

those things are mercyless, reckless, weak but still allowed to prosper.

you know nothing is more dissuassive to those parasitic class of lawyers, judges and their political lackey than high velocity projectiles.

they said : we are gonna force vaccinate you and take your children away... we said nothing. because now it's war.

a problem with raw unpasterized milk you little slave ? excellent, once your body will have decompose the grass will be richer at this spot.

they don't respect our lives, they try to manipulate us, to enslave our minds, to rape our children, spoil our planet, abuse life while pretending to be the good moral guys? and of course they want to repeal the 2nd amendement to then erase the first and move to their united nation charter big one world of happy slave?

I love that... finally some wide scale wars...

Not sure if you are being sarcastic and playing to my various demonstrated paranoia or not.  Whatever the case, I am currently of the opinion that certain of the dynamics you describe are 'a thing', but in somewhat more nuanced ways.  I would council to people of my basic mindset to keep their mouths shut more than I am willing to do, and keep their thoughts and plans to themselves more.  It's to late for me.

If there is anything to the suggestion about the 'parasitic classes', and again I believe that there is and that it is a strong hypothesis about the driving force behind such operations as dis-arming the general citizenry worldwide, then it's a ginger operation to bring the hammer down.  As Yuri Bezmenov says, 'when to boot crushes their balls _then_ they will understand, but not before.'  When everyone knows someone who knows someone who's been fucked over there will be an awakening and then a new phase of the games begin.  That's my prophesy.

as the russian red armies said, try to our weapons away... try... come, try...

In my current research of history, the 'red army' started out on the wrong side (under Trotsky (born 'Bronstein')) and were more of the problem than the solution throughout their existence.  Seems to me that NATO took over for them in their original role.

IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:15:03 AM

I am for a ban for the free carrying of weapons. House can be kept, but only with a special check by the psychiatrist. Many cases when sick people shoot people

I see your point. Not everyone can be qualified to own a gun right? I think background checks should be made. I heard that defense departments are now investing in eye can technologies and making it mandatory for biometrics. I think that's great because the technology is way more accurate than facial recognition and thumbprint scans, which can make checking for warrants or past records much quicker. What do you think about this kind of security check?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:34:09 AM

I am for a ban for the free carrying of weapons. House can be kept, but only with a special check by the psychiatrist. Many cases when sick people shoot people

I see your point. Not everyone can be qualified to own a gun right? I think background checks should be made. I heard that defense departments are now investing in eye can technologies and making it mandatory for biometrics. I think that's great because the technology is way more accurate than facial recognition and thumbprint scans, which can make checking for warrants or past records much quicker. What do you think about this kind of security check?

Since the 2nd Amendment says, "... shall not be infringed," anyone who is deprived of owning and using a gun as he wishes, can take it before a jury trial: 6th or 7th Amendments. The jury through jury nullification can nullify either the right of the person in question, or the laws of the government as pertaining to that person.

Cool

Unlitinated

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:10:46 PM

Definately the control of gun must be. People are so different, nobody can be reliable and adequate if it is not proven fact. When there is no control, even cool-blood tempered persons can lose their temper if there is extreme injustice faced or little and weak is abused then can be irreversible consiquences. The scenarious for reckless usage of gun are enermous which may not have happened if there were gun control.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:46:04 PM

I support gun control, only people who need guns are the army and policeman. If you own your gun you should have a right permit. Some people own a gun without discipline so gun control is needed.

Google "police brutality." I got almost 8 million hits. Think of how many hits there would be if cops knew that people didn't have guns.

But. The biggest thing about gun control isn't the guns. The biggest thing is taking away property rights.

This thing you call a gun that I am holding, isn't a gun. It looks like a gun. It has bullets in it. But it is my property. You can call it whatever you want. But it is my property. And you don't have any right or claim to my property without my agreement.

Cool

Your right to firearms is not the same right you have to own property. When John Locke talks about the right to life, liberty, and property during the crafting of the United States constitution, property in a fire arm was not what he meant as an unalienable right. However, it was clear the right to bear arms was necessary, but trying to claim a gun isn't a gun and that gun control insists on government to take the property of its citizens is reaching at straws.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:08:26 AM

I support gun control, only people who need guns are the army and policeman. If you own your gun you should have a right permit. Some people own a gun without discipline so gun control is needed.

Google "police brutality." I got almost 8 million hits. Think of how many hits there would be if cops knew that people didn't have guns.

But. The biggest thing about gun control isn't the guns. The biggest thing is taking away property rights.

This thing you call a gun that I am holding, isn't a gun. It looks like a gun. It has bullets in it. But it is my property. You can call it whatever you want. But it is my property. And you don't have any right or claim to my property without my agreement.

Cool

Your right to firearms is not the same right you have to own property. When John Locke talks about the right to life, liberty, and property during the crafting of the United States constitution, property in a fire arm was not what he meant as an unalienable right. However, it was clear the right to bear arms was necessary, but trying to claim a gun isn't a gun and that gun control insists on government to take the property of its citizens is reaching at straws.

Actually, the right to bear arms is the same as the rest of property rights. Why? Because we have any rights to any property we want. And these rights are even upheld by the 9th Amendment:
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

This means that the people have all the rights that people have always had, and just because certain rights are listed in the Constitution (and Amendments) doesn't mean people don't have the rest of their rights. In other words, the 9th Amendment is stating that people have gun property rights twice:
1. 2nd Amendment - guns directly;
2. The rest of their rights have never been diminished by the Government (the Constitution [and the Amendments]) - all property rights.

Cool

Divine.bc

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:33:06 AM

I believe that guns in our society guns are very important. My understand is that the founding fathers intended for us to be able to defend ourselves from and oppressive government. If for some reason the government decides that the people don't really need freedom then it is our obligation to throw them off and establish one that works to suit our needs and desires. All that being said, they are also pretty handy when some thug breaks into your house and tries to kill you and steal your stuff.
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:28:14 PM

Keep the rationalisations coming, guys! Give us more reasons why your country can't/shouldn't be made safer!

Guns in the hands of law abiding citizens do make us safer.
Gun free London has become one of the most violent and deadly cities in the world.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
hilawnasaging

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:42:59 PM

You cannot simply hand a gun to the uneducated person. People who are using guns should know and learn how to handle a gun properly, he/she should also visit a psychologist to determine that he/she doesn't have an intention to use it for bad. Sadly, because of overuse, guns are easilu drawn at bullets are easily wasted for nothing. Government should be strict of handling guns to the public.
varun bee

Activity: 132
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:50:03 PM

right to defend also gives you right to hurt someone unnecessarily like we have seen in the news especially in the case of schools in the US, background checks should be a norm, also there are approx 300 million guns in the states so auditing them is an impossible sort of task so background checks, weapon limit, types of weapon sold can be put into consideration while selling a new one. students should be sensitized from an early age about weapons if they are gonna grow up in that place.
The_Local_Flow

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Fostering local exchanges worldwide

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 07:43:09 PM

the USA is among the most violent western states with the highest homicide rate. Why? because in the US they give you weapons (not just guns) even when you are ordering an hamburger.... no other state has so many shootings in schools, cinemas and other public places. You are obsessed with violence. In Europe there are no problems with guns because only police can have them. You may have the misfortune of finding a thief in your house or someone who wants to hurt you and you may be killed. But this is life and allowing anyone to have a weapon is not the solution. Otherwise the US should no longer have problems with theft and violence, and this is not true, right?

Localflow
fostering local exchanges worldwide
Telegram
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:36:33 AM

the USA is among the most violent western states with the highest homicide rate. Why? because in the US they give you weapons (not just guns) even when you are ordering an hamburger.... no other state has so many shootings in schools, cinemas and other public places. You are obsessed with violence. In Europe there are no problems with guns because only police can have them. You may have the misfortune of finding a thief in your house or someone who wants to hurt you and you may be killed. But this is life and allowing anyone to have a weapon is not the solution. Otherwise the US should no longer have problems with theft and violence, and this is not true, right?

In my area where there is only a tiny police presence and a great majority of households are armed, we see nearly no violent crime.  We have a ton of meth-heads and kids running around looking for targets of opportunity to steal from (e.g., people on vacation, at church, etc) but it's unusual to have a confrontational robbery and it's usually and accident on the part of the perp when it does happen.  The net impact of property crime in my area is that neighbors get to know one another and look out for one another.  That makes for a more enjoyable life generally in my experience.

In my area a vast majority of the creepy murders and what-not are tweaker-on-tweaker crime (not many ethnic minorities here.)  These people generally cannot legally own firearms but of course that doesn't stop them.  And they do one another in with a hammer half the time anyway.  The benefit of being an atheist rather than a Christian is that I don't have to feel bad when some semi-homeless addict gets high and bashes his friend's head in then stuffs his body in a dumpster around the corner.  And in truth it really doesn't bother me that much.

In contrast to the Bay Area where I lived off and on for a decade and a half, and which has very strict gun control laws making a criminal feel safe that he wasn't going to get his ass shot by the would-be victim, there were a lot more problems with confrontational crime.  Of course the population density was a lot higher so it's apples-n-oranges to a degree,  Whatever the case, I like life vastly better in the place where law abiding citizens can protect themselves without a lot of government interference.

The_Local_Flow

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Fostering local exchanges worldwide

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 12:34:41 PM

In my area where there is only a tiny police presence and a great majority of households are armed, we see nearly no violent crime.  We have a ton of meth-heads and kids running around looking for targets of opportunity to steal from (e.g., people on vacation, at church, etc) but it's unusual to have a confrontational robbery and it's usually and accident on the part of the perp when it does happen.  The net impact of property crime in my area is that neighbors get to know one another and look out for one another.  That makes for a more enjoyable life generally in my experience.

In my area a vast majority of the creepy murders and what-not are tweaker-on-tweaker crime (not many ethnic minorities here.)  These people generally cannot legally own firearms but of course that doesn't stop them.  And they do one another in with a hammer half the time anyway.  The benefit of being an atheist rather than a Christian is that I don't have to feel bad when some semi-homeless addict gets high and bashes his friend's head in then stuffs his body in a dumpster around the corner.  And in truth it really doesn't bother me that much.

In contrast to the Bay Area where I lived off and on for a decade and a half, and which has very strict gun control laws making a criminal feel safe that he wasn't going to get his ass shot by the would-be victim, there were a lot more problems with confrontational crime.  Of course the population density was a lot higher so it's apples-n-oranges to a degree,  Whatever the case, I like life vastly better in the place where law abiding citizens can protect themselves without a lot of government interference.

I'm reporting a couple of articles that give numbers of the problem of weapons in the United States. The US is in fact the first, among the economically developed states, to have a higher number of voluntary killings, gun violence and weapons owners.
Problems of this kind can not be faced based on what people think of weapons or personal safety. It is a problem that needs to be faced by looking at the whole picture, evaluating on a social level what impact it has and how other states deal with this problem. Every American observing a high rate of violence will certainly think that having a gun is a good thing. Holding a gun will deter criminals from bothering you, right? Anyone will say that is better own a gun with a thief in front of him. But what we forget is that it is much more common that even the thief owns a gun and certainly the thief who owns it has psychiatric disorders or has good reason to shoot you and steal what you have. This idea belongs very much to a world made up of cowboys, far west and slavery in which every citizen does not trust the role of the state and the police but only trusts himself. The police are highly trained to intervene, a citizen, on the other hand, is not trained (even if they have a regular license for weapons). A policeman is trained to kill a criminal only if the criminal make an attempt on people's lives, not to shoot him for trying to steal. Let us remember that stealing others' things is a crime, but killing a person is something much bigger than a crime: it is an abomination. Are there too many junkies? Resolve the drug problem with political maneuvers (have you done a good job with cigarettes why not with drugs?). Do you have a problem with racism? Solve that problem (you were born immigrants). The Europeans, unlike yours, have suffered many wars and many violence over the centuries. We have suffered invasions, genocide, destructions and we are increasingly armed until we have understood one thing: more guns did not help, there was a need for more communication and to solve problems among people. We know what the value of peace is among peoples and among nations. We know well what an entire country is armed: to violence. For decades, the US has continued to arm and arm their citizens by being ready for a war that they are not suffering but are causing.
Arming people makes the state useless, which should be the only appropriate authority to protect the lives of its citizens.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/america-s-gun-problem-explained-1060655345
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate#United_States
http://theconversation.com/u-s-gun-violence-is-a-symptom-of-a-long-historical-problem-92322

Localflow
fostering local exchanges worldwide
Telegram
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: