Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:46:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:05:06 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?
Teaching kids with bitcoin is really hard for them to understand things with bitcoin first if you are going to ask them if they really interested to learn about bitcoin currencies but if there minds is not yet fully developed then they like thinking that bitcoin is a fun games and they can really lose money at the end.
Why would we teach our kids in bitcoin when it does not help them at all, I think bitcoin is only for matured people as we know how to do it right when we transact online and we consider this as investment, kids have no job therefore they have no money to buy bitcoins.
I don't know the other they want to teach their kids to know more about bitcoin and i think they can really help them out using this coins and they become matured when they using bitcoin? Using methods and to know how to manage money with bitcoin i transact online and gambling also but kids know how to gambling then that's very wrong.
Yes, knowing bitcoin will not be a problem but using it in wrong fields must be a very big problem for the kids as similar to adults. Knowing bitcoin for the purpose of gambling will never be a good thing, that might spoil a child's entire future.
But get practicing on saving money in the form of bitcoin must be the very good thing for every kid, we must teach that to them.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:29:56 PM

I actually think it would be easier to explain Bitcoin to kids than older people, since younger generations are naturally more familiar with computers.
You need to explain the saving/ investing aspect first, which is something that should be taught at a young age anyways.
I really wish schools did a better job of explaining basic economics/ banking/ investment.
That is definitely something teenagers could benefit from to help them in the real world.

arseaboy

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:38:33 PM

I actually think it would be easier to explain Bitcoin to kids than older people, since younger generations are naturally more familiar with computers.
You need to explain the saving/ investing aspect first, which is something that should be taught at a young age anyways.
I really wish schools did a better job of explaining basic economics/ banking/ investment.
That is definitely something teenagers could benefit from to help them in the real world.

Yes indeed kids nowadays are very advanced when it comes to technology. This would help the kids on how to manage their allowance and how to spend it wisely. Most kids are often buying toys or anything they want if they have money and that's a given because kids like to play but if we teach them how to save money rather and make some investment I think it would be very beneficial for them especially for their future.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:42:33 PM

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

I'm not sure about the program of studies of kids in school around the world but if they have a subject that has to do with technology then I would add bitcoin on this book.

We can't expect a huge increase of kids to learn about bitcoin because their parents does not allow them to spend money neither to have a credit card because we know that they would spend all their money in games that they play every day.

So being controlled by their parents is good and I think parents should learn more about bitcoin and then their kids.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:02:44 PM

I'm not sure about the program of studies of kids in school around the world but if they have a subject that has to do with technology then I would add bitcoin on this book.

We can't expect a huge increase of kids to learn about bitcoin because their parents does not allow them to spend money neither to have a credit card because we know that they would spend all their money in games that they play every day.

So being controlled by their parents is good and I think parents should learn more about bitcoin and then their kids.

Indeed i think more than kids, its he parents who should be taught more about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. There are still a lot more that kids have to learn and i don't even think thoae age group would be interested at all with that topic

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:40:10 PM

Indeed i think more than kids, its he parents who should be taught more about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. There are still a lot more that kids have to learn and i don't even think thoae age group would be interested at all with that topic
Kids  would surely have a  hard time   to  understand  about  bitcoin  at the  young  age  because their young  minds cant comprehend  enough    all information  related   into  it and   as we all know  kids are still dependent  from their parents  regarding  on  money  aspects thats why  the  interest  would  not   be  there so  it means   teaching them  would  be useless.

Sanekavg13

Activity: 285

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 04:38:46 PM

Kids  would surely have a  hard time   to  understand  about  bitcoin  at the  young  age  because their young  minds cant comprehend  enough    all information  related   into  it and   as we all know  kids are still dependent  from their parents  regarding  on  money  aspects thats why  the  interest  would  not   be  there so  it means   teaching them  would  be useless.

Children should be taught to be sure that such cryptocurrency and how to earn it. To begin with talk about the centralized currency and then make a comparison with cryptocurrency. Find differences
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 05:01:23 PM

Modern kids spend lot of time in computor and internet. Why to teach thm to make money with bitcoin in so young age? They are kids they have to spend more time on the fresh air, not infront of computer.
I would accept normally only if college aged teens and young people from univercities spend their free time making bitcoins. That could be great underworking to them.
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 12:40:56 AM

I agree that schools should teach basic economics to children so they could have the basic knowledge on how to manage money. This will be a preparation for them for their future. Through this basic knowledge about economics, introducing bitcoins to children would be easier because they already have the idea about how to invest and save money. And full guidance from parents will be needed so children will be directed on how to use bitcoins in good ways.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 12:53:02 AM

Modern kids spend lot of time in computor and internet. Why to teach thm to make money with bitcoin in so young age? They are kids they have to spend more time on the fresh air, not infront of computer.
I would accept normally only if college aged teens and young people from univercities spend their free time making bitcoins. That could be great underworking to them.

Not all kids are privileged to have most of their time in front of computer...Some are working in real life and that's worst, I believe, it means they have a difficult life... I would agree that kids should be outside and playing while they are young, but I think if their parents are doing an online job, and that's their way of living, I think it's good that a child should learn how to do it too, that could be a great help... Just give them schedule on when they are going to use the computer, and the rest, let them play outside and learn things that can't be learn without moving their body...  Smiley
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 11:48:35 PM

Teaching kids about bitcoin is just like teaching them how to eat properly. It's either you are going to show them how to eat properly or teach them how to spoon feed. In literally speaking with bitcoin, just show them how bitcoin really works as an online currency and curiosity will just come out to their mind and they are the one who will discover things about it.

Teaching a kid about eating is your fundamental duty while teaching them about bitcoin is totally unrelated to that, you should teach them how to do the things around them but you should not confuse them by putting something infront of them that they can never see nor can touch, let them grow older and understand it themselves, it would be easier for them.
agree with you say that a small child is not the time to find out about bitcoin deeper. let alone try to use Lol I thought it was too imposing them, I fear they will be confused and think that bitcoin difficult for them,
I think small children do not deserve to be given information about bitcoin
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 12:06:22 AM

Teaching kids about bitcoin is just like teaching them how to eat properly. It's either you are going to show them how to eat properly or teach them how to spoon feed. In literally speaking with bitcoin, just show them how bitcoin really works as an online currency and curiosity will just come out to their mind and they are the one who will discover things about it.

Teaching a kid about eating is your fundamental duty while teaching them about bitcoin is totally unrelated to that, you should teach them how to do the things around them but you should not confuse them by putting something infront of them that they can never see nor can touch, let them grow older and understand it themselves, it would be easier for them.
agree with you say that a small child is not the time to find out about bitcoin deeper. let alone try to use Lol I thought it was too imposing them, I fear they will be confused and think that bitcoin difficult for them,
I think small children do not deserve to be given information about bitcoin
other than that bitcoin is synonymous with easy money and gambling. I also worry if kids prefer to look for money than to seek knowledge. especially if they were to try gambling and get addiction. because it looks so easy to get money from bitcoin by way of gambling.

STUDENTCOIN