Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:17:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111783 times)
kittycat54448

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:57:54 PM

I would show them some videos, that's what helped me to understand!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rahmanachmad

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:45:40 AM

Just tell him.. Bitcoin is like another kind of money, bitcoin is virtual money and only be use online.. Because kids are just kids he dont need really to know every detailts about bitcoin..
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:38:02 PM

My suggestion is to have a Nursery Rhymes for kids.
Introduced more children apps that will educate our kids.
Maybe we could create a comic story book with superheroes.

This is some high level absurd idea. Humans are already being trained to be someone who will make money in the future by being qualified to a job. If the first thing that they are going to learn in school is money, then that's some outright "go to school, make money" strategy. There will be tons of people reacting that you are making kids very greedy. Right from the start, the point of education is to earn money but they kept it as subtle as possible. It's so subtle that a normal individual wouldn't even realize it.

Making it become otherwise will cause a lot of conflict and will reveal the truth to some.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:41:42 PM

definitly games. But another questions is how do we teach childern digitialization in general ? The attempt right now in my country is to give every child a tablet in school, but parents are against it ! How damn retarded are they that they dont allow their children to use a tablet/pc in school, but let them play stupid games at home ?

Funny because the "stupid" games that you are referring to are actually needed by a child. They need to be physically active so their mind and body would develop well. Someone who's immobilized right from childhood will be morbidly obese. It's just a matter of time. They are letting their kids play "stupid games" (maybe sports) because it's what people are used to make kids do.

Tablet and PC are great. But little kids don't really need them. I have a niece that's really into gadgets and at a very young age, she's starting to gain weight. You will always see her watching TV and using her very own cellphone, do you think that's a good idea? The parents that you are talking about are probably just trying to avoid this to happen to their children.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

bitcointarget

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:30:27 PM

I think it's better to let them learn what's they are being taught at school first. By the time they grow a little older or they start going to university it's no doubt that bitcoin will also become a part of their curriculum and studies so no need to teach them about bitcoin. Our kids I believe will be more bitcoin literate than we are.

Actually, that would be great to teach kids about bitcoin in primary school. So that they are provided a fiscal education during their childhood.
MaskMars1

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:44:28 PM

I think it's better to let them learn what's they are being taught at school first. By the time they grow a little older or they start going to university it's no doubt that bitcoin will also become a part of their curriculum and studies so no need to teach them about bitcoin. Our kids I believe will be more bitcoin literate than we are.

Actually, that would be great to teach kids about bitcoin in primary school. So that they are provided a fiscal education during their childhood.
Today the children are so advanced that it seems to me that the school gives them very superficial knowledge, this is if we mean Bitcoin and the crypto currency. Children spend a lot of time near the computer and are aware of the network and earning opportunities in the network much more than they can tell by the school program.
Elcapsono

Activity: 434

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 08:31:42 PM

Today the children are so advanced that it seems to me that the school gives them very superficial knowledge, this is if we mean Bitcoin and the crypto currency. Children spend a lot of time near the computer and are aware of the network and earning opportunities in the network much more than they can tell by the school program.
In reality, children at school receive a very large amount of knowledge, but not in the form in which we have notified. The fact is that the teachers themselves also need to teach cryptography and cryptography, because they can not give full knowledge to children in school.

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████
████    █ ███████    ██ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    █ ▄▄▄ ███    ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    █ ███ ███    ██ █████ █████
████    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█    ██ █████ █████
████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀████
▄▄▄▄                            ▄▄▄
█████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████
 ████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████
   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀   
bluenote.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

█▀▀▀█▀▄
█   █  ▀▄
█   ▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▀▀█▀▄   █
█  █  ▀▄ █
█  ▀▀▀▀█ █
█ ▀▀▀▀ █▄█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Summary
WhitePaper
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:40:42 PM

I now believe this topic is too complex for kids not because of the question of "they will understand it or not" but I am afraid of the other important point. that is where and how will they use this crypto currency. like someone can spend million dollars on something stupid and someone can use these in dark sides and Bitcoin is fully suitable for any situation or method on which we use it.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 10:28:05 PM

Why to teach them in primary school children is not ready for this and they don't need to understand about bitcoin there are some imporatant things to learn we can't force kids to learn about what they wanna learn they have freedom if they have interest on it then why not.
ProzCoin

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 10:41:11 PM

I do not get it. Why people always want children to learn about money? they suppose to keep money away from children, right? The sooner the know about money, the harder their life will be. Why not let them enjoy their childhood without worrying about things which adults always get problems with?

AntiMasque0

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:31:42 PM

First teach them how to use paper money, bitcoin is still a complex thing for them. And i don't think the would care or be interested at all.
Vixmore

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:46:56 AM

I think it is a great idea to start teaching kids about cryptocurrencies in general and bitcoin. However, it greatly depends on the age of the child. I would suggest first teaching kids on how to properly save money as well as spend it. This would have to be the main focus as these are the basics of how to properly use any type of money.  I do not think that primary school kids should be taught in cryptocurrencies, but high school kids - definately. Cryptocurrencies will turn to become the main transaction method one day, so why not get a head start?
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:33:49 AM

I think it is a great idea to start teaching kids about cryptocurrencies in general and bitcoin. However, it greatly depends on the age of the child. I would suggest first teaching kids on how to properly save money as well as spend it. This would have to be the main focus as these are the basics of how to properly use any type of money.  I do not think that primary school kids should be taught in cryptocurrencies, but high school kids - definately. Cryptocurrencies will turn to become the main transaction method one day, so why not get a head start?

It's complicated for children to know crypto currencies, they have to know the basic or what really the world is adopting now
so they can compare and be responsible when using bitcoin. They will eventually learn once they are matured enough because if
they understand they might make bitcoin as their passion.
magmar

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:32:14 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

My idea is, you do not need to teach them what bitcoin is. The time will come and they will discover about it on their own without our help. Just like what happened to us, because of curiosity, bitcoin comes to us and here we are making money with it. That will also happens to the kids of the future, that's their era the digital currency, maybe in their time bitcoins are more famous than today.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:53:18 AM

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

My idea is, you do not need to teach them what bitcoin is. The time will come and they will discover about it on their own without our help. Just like what happened to us, because of curiosity, bitcoin comes to us and here we are making money with it. That will also happens to the kids of the future, that's their era the digital currency, maybe in their time bitcoins are more famous than today.

Yes its true. I think they need to initiate first because when they do it means it interest them. When they're interested to this, their eagerness will drive them to learn all about the crypto currency. You don't need to teach them or force them to learn this. Sooner they'll learn bitcoin as bitcoin is popular in this generation.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:46:55 AM

Why to teach them in primary school children is not ready for this and they don't need to understand about bitcoin there are some imporatant things to learn we can't force kids to learn about what they wanna learn they have freedom if they have interest on it then why not.

But do you think children in primary school are ready how did the Americans killed thousands of people in order to conquer a country? Do you think children are ready of Math that they aren't probably never going to use in their life because there's already a calculator and everything can be solved by the Internet? Kids are never ready to do anything. As a matter of fact, the whole primary school system is just a bunch of trivial lessons that they are never going to use in the future.

There's science, there's language, math, history, etc. They don't really need these things. Yet here we are, the school has been teaching the same thing for over 50 years. Bitcoin is something that have given a lot of people a decent earnings while the subjects being taught in school would require some higher education first before you can monetize. Do you think bitcoin should still not be taught to kids?

And FYI, kids are literally being forced to learn something especially in college.
eann014

Activity: 1078

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:06:39 PM

I don't think it is right for them to teach them so early about bitcoin, maybe you could do first is to teach them to know the value of money first because internet is not really good for children, they will got to search unpleasant things without knowing. So maybe it is better to wait your child until they can earn their own money trough bitcoin. Maybe around 16 years old is the right age for them to teach bitcoin.

Internet exposes you to all the unpleasant things out there. And as a person that have been lurking on the Internet for most of my spare time ever since I was a kid, I can tell you that kids are going to search for these unpleasant things by their own anyway. Bitcoin wouldn't be the reason why would would they look up these things but rather their very own curiosity.

If anything, bitcoin might even make them less exposed to these unpleasant things. They can become so pre-occupied with reading things about bitcoin that they have little to no time for searching things that are irrelevant and/or trivial.
Yeah, we are all expose in many unpleasant things when we are browsing in the internet, so when we are allowing our kids to browse the internet, also make sure that you look up into them. They still need guidance and I think in their young age they will be not interested in bitcoin. So, maybe we just need to wait until they become more resposible.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:17:26 PM

I think it is a great idea to start teaching kids about cryptocurrencies in general and bitcoin. However, it greatly depends on the age of the child. I would suggest first teaching kids on how to properly save money as well as spend it. This would have to be the main focus as these are the basics of how to properly use any type of money.  I do not think that primary school kids should be taught in cryptocurrencies, but high school kids - definately. Cryptocurrencies will turn to become the main transaction method one day, so why not get a head start?

It's complicated for children to know crypto currencies, they have to know the basic or what really the world is adopting now
so they can compare and be responsible when using bitcoin. They will eventually learn once they are matured enough because if
they understand they might make bitcoin as their passion.
And we all know that it is impossible to be understood by small children, they will not understand the basic foundation of bitcoin, they will not understand fluctuations, segwit, hard fork, etc, even it is difficult to understand by parents though. I thought maybe you could start saying that bitcoin is the same as other currencies, that's not a problem
Rostadom

Activity: 713

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:13:08 PM

I don't think it is right for them to teach them so early about bitcoin, maybe you could do first is to teach them to know the value of money first because internet is not really good for children, they will got to search unpleasant things without knowing. So maybe it is better to wait your child until they can earn their own money trough bitcoin. Maybe around 16 years old is the right age for them to teach bitcoin.

Internet exposes you to all the unpleasant things out there. And as a person that have been lurking on the Internet for most of my spare time ever since I was a kid, I can tell you that kids are going to search for these unpleasant things by their own anyway. Bitcoin wouldn't be the reason why would would they look up these things but rather their very own curiosity.

If anything, bitcoin might even make them less exposed to these unpleasant things. They can become so pre-occupied with reading things about bitcoin that they have little to no time for searching things that are irrelevant and/or trivial.
Yeah, we are all expose in many unpleasant things when we are browsing in the internet, so when we are allowing our kids to browse the internet, also make sure that you look up into them. They still need guidance and I think in their young age they will be not interested in bitcoin. So, maybe we just need to wait until they become more resposible.

Guidance can be established by checking the browser history of your kid's PC or just installing a software that will save all the logs. But still, it's just a matter of time before you kid will find out that you're spying on him so he will clear his browser's cache and cookies. He will also uninstall the software that you have installed or search for a way to bypass it.

You can also do manual guiding by looking at his PC every now and then but you're not going to be behind him every time. He will still find time to browse things that aren't appropriate to his age. We've all been there. We all know that he can never be stopped from doing such things. He will always be eventually going to be exposed to unpleasant things.
wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:39:44 PM

Yes its true. I think they need to initiate first because when they do it means it interest them. When they're interested to this, their eagerness will drive them to learn all about the crypto currency. You don't need to teach them or force them to learn this. Sooner they'll learn bitcoin as bitcoin is popular in this generation.
in fact kids have nothing to do if they even learn about bitcoin. because currently we are using bitcoin for trading and investment and i think kids do not have to do anything with trading or investment. i think they need to learn give full attention to their study, they need to complete their study first and when they complete their study then they should also start learning about bitcoin and methods  earning money.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: