Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:06:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:47:49 AM

Basically the task of the children is school, study, play, eat-drink, rest, and so on. I do not quite understand for what purpose children are taught about bitcon. If indeed to give it the knowledge capital of the future, of course you have to start from the thing most liked by the children. For example, playing with a smartphone, explain that with the smartphone they can earn money from the game or other. Step by step to the stage they can understand.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Heyyyrenz

Activity: 308
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:44:26 AM

it would be hard for us to teach children what bitcoin is all about unless they're interested in money. we all know that childrens are more interested in playing games, watching cartoons and playing outside. the best way to tell them what bitcoin is, is that it's a money on the internet that can be converted into real money but like i said most of the children don't have interest on this kind of things. maybe if they're in their teen stage or maybe if they're really interested in money you can introduced them into basics like what is bitcoin? how it was produced? different types of coins, how to earn it etc. it would be great if the children is interested in bitcoins because while they're growing they know how are they going to earn it.
Donaldturp

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:08:24 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

For me I do not required kids to know about bitcoins, they are just kids we shouldn't tell them what to do. They will probably know about it when they grow up because as what we know bitcoins is the future currency with that they can explore it by themselves in the future just like what heppened to us.

Indeed. Kids must spend their time playing some physical activities like we used to do when we're young.
Explaining the whole crypto currency will just complicate things for them. Maybe wait them to be mature enough and let them ask first, if they're really interested to learn, they will.
Thats it, kids at the young age was never ask how to earn money. The only things on their mind is to play and do what they want times come they will at the right age to be aware in crypto currency and other matters than its time to discuss to them what bitcoin is. Do not let kids work at the early age.
I don’t agree with you. These are the kids of 21st century. If they can operate tabs, smart phones, apps etc, they can also learn about bitcoins. Rather it’s good to teach them about saving money at the early age. In this way, they will not waste money. Bitcoins are not like traditional paper money, so for sure they are going to attract kids. In my opinion, at least we should talk to kids about bitcoins.

Most of us realized that kids are not able to understand how to use bitcoin and what bitcoin is but they're strong enough to understand the whole ecosystem believe me. They're much more open-minded compared with last century's kids.
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:53:43 PM

Basically the task of the children is school, study, play, eat-drink, rest, and so on. I do not quite understand for what purpose children are taught about bitcon. If indeed to give it the knowledge capital of the future, of course you have to start from the thing most liked by the children. For example, playing with a smartphone, explain that with the smartphone they can earn money from the game or other. Step by step to the stage they can understand.

Why do people always ask what's the purpose of bitcoin for the lives of the children. Well let me ask you this. What's the purpose of science and technology, language, and math to them? Nothing at all. They can live a good life without any of these. With just writing and reading skills, you'll be able to learn things by your own. Almost everything in grade school are nothing but trivial stuffs anyway. Once you grow up, you'd never remember any of those.

Bitcoin is something different. Teaching your kid about bitcoin will help your kid learn about economy especially the supply and demand law. That's something pretty basic but you get my point.

If kids are learning better with smartphones and through games, then how come the government hasn't done any change in the education system? I believe you're just thinking that but kids think of games as games. They don't have to remember anything written on that or the lesson of the story of the game but rather simply have fun.
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:24:11 PM

I think it is a great idea to start teaching kids about cryptocurrencies in general and bitcoin. However, it greatly depends on the age of the child. I would suggest first teaching kids on how to properly save money as well as spend it. This would have to be the main focus as these are the basics of how to properly use any type of money.  I do not think that primary school kids should be taught in cryptocurrencies, but high school kids - definately. Cryptocurrencies will turn to become the main transaction method one day, so why not get a head start?

It's complicated for children to know crypto currencies, they have to know the basic or what really the world is adopting now
so they can compare and be responsible when using bitcoin. They will eventually learn once they are matured enough because if
they understand they might make bitcoin as their passion.
Of course even though you explain it in detail and detail though, they will not understand about it, they will think that it will be very difficult to understand and very complicated, I've tried to explain bitcoin to my niece, and in fact he ignored it because it is difficult to understanding
Might your understand method was boring that's why he was ignored you should go for him and teach him/tell him that bitcoin is the currency where people become a rich like bill gates with emotions. Then 100% percent he would never ignore you after all this. Because he know bill gates but he is not familiar with bitcoin. After getting all these he will be familiar to bitcoin as well by that.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
mobilezz

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:05:04 PM

I think it is a great idea to start teaching kids about cryptocurrencies in general and bitcoin. However, it greatly depends on the age of the child. I would suggest first teaching kids on how to properly save money as well as spend it. This would have to be the main focus as these are the basics of how to properly use any type of money.  I do not think that primary school kids should be taught in cryptocurrencies, but high school kids - definately. Cryptocurrencies will turn to become the main transaction method one day, so why not get a head start?

It's complicated for children to know crypto currencies, they have to know the basic or what really the world is adopting now
so they can compare and be responsible when using bitcoin. They will eventually learn once they are matured enough because if
Of course even though you explain it in detail and detail though, they will not understand about it, they will think that it will be very difficult to understand and very complicated, I've tried to explain bitcoin to my niece, and in fact he ignored it because it is difficult to understanding
Might your understand method was boring that's why he was ignored you should go for him and teach him/tell him that bitcoin is the currency where people become a rich like bill gates with emotions. Then 100% percent he would never ignore you after all this. Because he know bill gates but he is not familiar with bitcoin. After getting all these he will be familiar to bitcoin as well by that.

The main thing is that you then do not regret about what your child learned about bitcoin)))
I do not think that the child is interested in the technical features of this coin. Most likely he will just take bitcoin as money. And in order to explain what money is, there is a lot of special literature

Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:29:43 PM

The main thing is that you then do not regret about what your child learned about bitcoin)))
I do not think that the child is interested in the technical features of this coin. Most likely he will just take bitcoin as money. And in order to explain what money is, there is a lot of special literature
yes i think it is a hard task to do.maybe the kids didnt understan about it .i think they didnt have an idea on  how bitcoin work.but if we slowly teach them day by day.maybe 1 hour in a day or even a minutes.it can be a big help to them to slowly understand about it.
pisston

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:14:25 PM

yes i think it is a hard task to do.maybe the kids didnt understan about it .i think they didnt have an idea on  how bitcoin work.but if we slowly teach them day by day.maybe 1 hour in a day or even a minutes.it can be a big help to them to slowly understand about it.
It seems to me that it is not necessary to complicate the task for children, too. First of all, you do not need to take your child's childhood away from you if this applies to young children. But if we talk about more adults, then there is a school and colleges for this. Mainly it is only necessary to change or train the Pedagogical staff, about the understanding of the crypto currency.
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:41:37 PM

I thinuk introducing bitcoin in kids is not advisable because firstlly they will not understand how complicated the bitcoin is secondly they will only use it on video games or even worss they will use the parents' wallet for video games. So, bitcoin is not for kids but if you want to teach your kids in bitcoin then go ahead.
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:00:44 PM

yes that is right children do not need to give any importance to bitcoin they need to complete their study and when they will grow up i am hopeful that at that time bitcoin will be more popular and i am sure that then they will  have good time to use bitcoin and get benefit from it.
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:19:43 PM

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and attraction. The allure of the "internet money".

For me I do not required kids to know about bitcoins, they are just kids we shouldn't tell them what to do. They will probably know about it when they grow up because as what we know bitcoins is the future currency with that they can explore it by themselves in the future just like what heppened to us.

Indeed. Kids must spend their time playing some physical activities like we used to do when we're young.
Explaining the whole crypto currency will just complicate things for them. Maybe wait them to be mature enough and let them ask first, if they're really interested to learn, they will.
Thats it, kids at the young age was never ask how to earn money. The only things on their mind is to play and do what they want times come they will at the right age to be aware in crypto currency and other matters than its time to discuss to them what bitcoin is. Do not let kids work at the early age.
I don’t agree with you. These are the kids of 21st century. If they can operate tabs, smart phones, apps etc, they can also learn about bitcoins. Rather it’s good to teach them about saving money at the early age. In this way, they will not waste money. Bitcoins are not like traditional paper money, so for sure they are going to attract kids. In my opinion, at least we should talk to kids about bitcoins.

yes no doubt that they are using tab, and smartphone but for games and for other entertainment, but bitcoin is currency use as for  trading and investment therefore they have nothing to do with investment or entertainment.
makulo123

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:22:55 PM

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

I totally agree! I know some kids which are interested in cryptocurrency despite their "age"... Many of "adults" are simply underestimating kids nowadays for them to not understand what does a bitcoin stands for. If they wish to know what is a bitcoin then let them know and spread the word!
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:55:15 AM

I'm thinking to set up a kids play ground with all the bitcoin games. This will be divided in the different play groups according to age of kids. There we can keep different quiz which will be completely on blockchain technology and crypto currencies. This will make kids aware of what it is about and how to work with it. It's not much but it is start of something good.

maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:13:25 AM

I'm thinking to set up a kids play ground with all the bitcoin games. This will be divided in the different play groups according to age of kids. There we can keep different quiz which will be completely on blockchain technology and crypto currencies. This will make kids aware of what it is about and how to work with it. It's not much but it is start of something good.

how about to teach them with bitcoin games in online? because i think they are interesting with many of games in their ages so it will be easy for us to teach about bitcoin to them. beside that, we need to introduce to them about blockchain technology, usually the kids is easy to accept whatever information they receive from the other people as todays, the way they think is smart than us.
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:57:00 PM

There are games in which you can earn a few satoshi. You can download them to your child's smartphone and show that you can earn bitcoin by playing. And then tell you that bitcoin is a special kind of money
I think its not easy, bitcoin can earn in many ways. You have point that start on easy way, but to understand that their is money online, its hard to explain if you have no proof. And this time  the kids much prepared the games than earning money, earning money is the job of our parents, much better to focus the kids on their study. I think its not a good idea to teach the bitcoin at that age because bitcoin needs a lot of idea and spending of time to manage properly the income.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
prettycompanionz

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:41:38 PM

Kids and teenagers won't be a good option for teaching them about BTC, their minds are interested in simple and fun things. Even some of them could finish hating all the concept.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:45:59 PM

I don't think you have to. I have eight year old twins boy and a girl. And when we've had discussions about Fiat, myself in their mother have never actually sat down and attempted to teach them about money in that way. However, somewhere between there school. Watching us. And personal experience. They have learned enough to have a basic understanding of money. When I say basic understanding, I mean the fact that he knows that a $2 item is equal to 2 $1 items. I think it will be the same with Bitcoin and I have still not 100% positive that it will be necessary

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
2girls

Activity: 1002
Merit: 254

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:00:43 AM

I don't think you have to. I have eight year old twins boy and a girl. And when we've had discussions about Fiat, myself in their mother have never actually sat down and attempted to teach them about money in that way. However, somewhere between there school. Watching us. And personal experience. They have learned enough to have a basic understanding of money. When I say basic understanding, I mean the fact that he knows that a $2 item is equal to 2 $1 items. I think it will be the same with Bitcoin and I have still not 100% positive that it will be necessary
If Bitcoin becomes big enough and accepted enough they will pick up on it just like they did Fiat. I agree on the statement that let them explorer themselves.  This way they can learn with interest.

hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:37:49 AM

If Bitcoin becomes big enough and accepted enough they will pick up on it just like they did Fiat. I agree on the statement that let them explorer themselves.  This way they can learn with interest.
i think it is too much important for bitcoin to be big enough. because very soon bitcoin is going to become common and therefore it is too much important for bitcoin to be big enough so that we do not face any transaction problems.
acpr23

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:42:06 AM

It would be hard to teach something to someone if he/she is not really interested into it, so basically before we can fully teach someone especially kids about bitcoin we should give him/her example of what and how can bitcoin  influence you as a person in that way maybe a kid will have interest in learning bitcoin
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: