Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:06:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246121 times)
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:22:36 AM

I think that those are good points as to why you should have bitcoin as well as cash, but I think that we all fundamentally will need cash in our society for a long time. If not in your home currency then paper bitcoins.
for now we are still in need of cash for everyday purposes. but bitcoin created for the long-term future. where the cash will change to digital That's why bitcoin instead of cash
I don't think that physical coin or the cash that we have been using right now will be converted digital soon because it will become hard for some people because not all the people can afford internet or even cellphone or device that they can use. Bitcoin will not replace cash because it is just an addition to the payment options of the businesses and not a currency like fiat that can use everyday and also it doesn't have a fixed price.

Cash will not be removed on our society. Just think about all the people that are not into techy things. If the world or the government would really insist to make that happen, it will take many years to apply that.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:57:20 AM

I think that those are good points as to why you should have bitcoin as well as cash, but I think that we all fundamentally will need cash in our society for a long time. If not in your home currency then paper bitcoins.
for now we are still in need of cash for everyday purposes. but bitcoin created for the long-term future. where the cash will change to digital That's why bitcoin instead of cash
I don't think that physical coin or the cash that we have been using right now will be converted digital soon because it will become hard for some people because not all the people can afford internet or even cellphone or device that they can use. Bitcoin will not replace cash because it is just an addition to the payment options of the businesses and not a currency like fiat that can use everyday and also it doesn't have a fixed price.

Cash will not be removed on our society. Just think about all the people that are not into techy things. If the world or the government would really insist to make that happen, it will take many years to apply that.
yap took a long time to remove the cash because cash is already applied in antiquity because the technology are still not evolving but with a growing era of cash began to be replaced by digital because digital is easier to use, but surely there is someone who still uses cash even though the times have changed.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:44:47 AM

I think so too, going completely digital will be expensive for any country considering how much resources will be needed to teach people about how the technology works and the benefits of having it. BTC needs more time before its ready to go mainstream
Maslate

Activity: 3038
Merit: 693

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:19:39 AM

I think so too, going completely digital will be expensive for any country considering how much resources will be needed to teach people about how the technology works and the benefits of having it. BTC needs more time before its ready to go mainstream
It will never come to the point that it will be the mainstream currency and will replace cash or fiat system. Bitcoin is good for online transaction and it will be recognize by the adopters that way, as it is getting more popular it will help us earn from our investment but let us put some limit of our speculation to do it with a realistic approach.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 12:34:04 PM

There is no reason to completely eliminate paper money

The infrastructure required to enable digital transfers is already there in the majority of developed countries. So I would say that it is a matter of people's backwardness rather than the lack of technical facilities. I don't remember when I last used cash money (maybe, a few months ago), and I had no other choice but to pay with cash (I had to use an ATM to withdraw some paper bills). On the other hand, the support of cash turnover is not cheap either and it is not very scalable overall, unlike non-cash money which could be scaled almost infinitely once the required infrastructure is in place

BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:40:25 PM

For me having a bitcoin instead of cash is good for investment because the value of bitcoin is sky rocketing to increase your investment can be double in a couple of months while in cash very slow to earn interest.
Bitcoins as another investment is good as cash ,instead of putting your extra cash in your pocket or wallet its better put some in bitcoins as the price increase . Yes as month pass by our money have a good profit interest and we can convert in real cash with profit but ,fiat to bitcoins into dollar or other currency makes us small profits. Although bitcoins volatility is so unpredictable but sure it us better to have it than cash. In short No tax ,instant profit.

Exactly, bitcoin is more better than cash, not only investment wise, we could use bitcoin in all places, like amount transfer in a less price and paying bills. Also if you are gambler than definitely bitcoin make easy to give the facility of amount transfer for your online gambling. Also it is a time to use the online shopping and do altcoin trading, than i don't think any other currency helpful instead of bitcoin.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:45:10 PM

yap took a long time to remove the cash because cash is already applied in antiquity because the technology are still not evolving but with a growing era of cash began to be replaced by digital because digital is easier to use, but surely there is someone who still uses cash even though the times have changed.
to me i think still it is really difficult to remove the cash from our life, i think we will continue using fiat in our life, because still we are depending on fiat for everything.
simpler2016

Activity: 293

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 07:04:19 PM

to me i think still it is really difficult to remove the cash from our life, i think we will continue using fiat in our life, because still we are depending on fiat for everything.

Yes, I agree with you - Fiat is very important in our life. The economic system is built in such a way that we can not live without the fiat. But if I could use bitcoin and fiat equally - I would be glad of this opportunity
evilgreed

Activity: 728
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 07:17:39 AM

Very good points. I'd like to add:

5) Banks can't steal it from you. You may think they can't steal cash either; that's not true. With central banks printing money by the hundreds of billions, and commercial banks creating money as debt like there's no tomorrow, they're effectively lowering the relative worth of your money in their advantage. Remember: stealing 5% off your deposit, or increasing the total money supply by 5% by creating it out of thin air, has essentially the same effect.

Very well said sir,This days im already started to doubt banks.also if you would deposit bigger amount of money to the bank some of them ask questions like where did you get that amount of money.And i also believe that when you have it its only yours unlike you deposit it on the bank it seems that the bank also has the authority with that money.

╔═╗┬ ┬ ┬┌─┐┬┌─┐┌┐┌
║╣ │ └┬┘└─┐│├─┤│││
╚═╝┴─┘┴ └─┘┴┴ ┴┘└┘

Next generation reserve backed token for the decentralized web
   Stake and bond to earn up to 1000% APY
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN ELYSIAN FINANCE

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 09:00:48 AM

Bitcoin cannot easily steal from you and even cannot be deprive from you.
Bitcoin can make your life at ease and safe.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 09:53:05 AM

At these points you're right. It's not physical money so it can't be physically stolen from you though you're prone to hacking since anything you have online can be hacked. I won't argue about the safety of btc as i feel it is pretty safe. But that doesn't mean that it can take the plave of cash in our daily lives. Cash still is a necessity and unless a time comes when even the smallest purchases can be made digitally, i think cash is still more important

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 10:19:14 AM

I think its because of our era now. If you noticed almost of out everyday lives is connected to internet. Like they say its very easy to make transactions on buying and selling goods. Bitcoin is the proof that we are going to paperless future.
Of course we will have a paperless economy for sure no matter what happens. But unfortunately bitcoin wouldn't at all be a part of it because by the time we reached a paperless society bitcoin will be fully mined and it will be used as gold in future.
zikel

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 10:19:48 AM

At these points you're right. It's not physical money so it can't be physically stolen from you though you're prone to hacking since anything you have online can be hacked. I won't argue about the safety of btc as i feel it is pretty safe. But that doesn't mean that it can take the plave of cash in our daily lives. Cash still is a necessity and unless a time comes when even the smallest purchases can be made digitally, i think cash is still more important

Yes, I also think that bitcoin can not replace the Fiat. Despite the fact that bitcoin is convenient to use, it is not recognized by the government. Bitcoin and Fiat will exist together
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 02:15:14 PM

those people who don't know yet about technology , or non computer savvy might would found bitcoin more complicated and not even safe for them. a little example when so far there's a lot of people used third party wallet which basically the company holding your privat key which means they can run with your money anytime. it's simple and basic knowledge actually but still a lot of people don't know yet about this kind things.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 03:34:15 PM

those people who don't know yet about technology , or non computer savvy might would found bitcoin more complicated and not even safe for them. a little example when so far there's a lot of people used third party wallet which basically the company holding your privat key which means they can run with your money anytime. it's simple and basic knowledge actually but still a lot of people don't know yet about this kind things.

I honestly don't trust online wallets but I still keep on using them. The reason for this, I think that my computer is secretly infected by virus or at least that's just how I feel. The only time I'm going to switch to desktop wallet is when I get a new computer or if I reformat mine. Besides, online wallet is the only way we can get our money transferred to the banks. I know I can also use cold wallet but that would still require me using my computer to generate the private key and the address.

Anyway, blockchain.info seems safe to most people. That's way better than other online wallets, imo.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitcoinPC

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 04:25:22 PM

Very good points. I'd like to add:

5) Banks can't steal it from you. You may think they can't steal cash either; that's not true. With central banks printing money by the hundreds of billions, and commercial banks creating money as debt like there's no tomorrow, they're effectively lowering the relative worth of your money in their advantage. Remember: stealing 5% off your deposit, or increasing the total money supply by 5% by creating it out of thin air, has essentially the same effect.

Very well said sir,This days im already started to doubt banks.also if you would deposit bigger amount of money to the bank some of them ask questions like where did you get that amount of money.And i also believe that when you have it its only yours unlike you deposit it on the bank it seems that the bank also has the authority with that money.

Exactly, they control the money that you have especially if they knew that you cannot have big money and they doubted you where did you get that amount.
So better have it on bitcoin and when it is on bitcoin you have the chance to double your money by the quick increase of price each day.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 04:43:44 PM

It can be steal it always depends on you how you will protect your reponsibilities in internet if someone phish you or attacked you by malware for sure all your bitcoin can be easility steal. Bitcoin is already make my life easy where bitcoin already helped me up to go back to school where i always paid up my tuiton on time. And keeps on earning bitcoins
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 05:30:38 PM

Definitely a good argument, unfortunately, the mass public simply isn't up to speed on what BTC is. Simply put, we can't replace cash with BTC, even I would GREATLY prefer that timeline.

danherbias07
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1123

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:33:42 PM

Definitely a good argument, unfortunately, the mass public simply isn't up to speed on what BTC is. Simply put, we can't replace cash with BTC, even I would GREATLY prefer that timeline.

Yeah that is one problem, the acceptance and also the way to know it. Just how many people does recognize it if you ask them is really low. Asking 10 you might get 1 or 2 of them. This is simply because the government wont let it. Of course they also control the media to which is the path for people to have knowledge or be introduced to bitcoin.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 06:38:48 PM

I honestly don't trust online wallets but I still keep on using them. The reason for this, I think that my computer is secretly infected by virus or at least that's just how I feel. The only time I'm going to switch to desktop wallet is when I get a new computer or if I reformat mine. Besides, online wallet is the only way we can get our money transferred to the banks. I know I can also use cold wallet but that would still require me using my computer to generate the private key and the address.

Anyway, blockchain.info seems safe to most people. That's way better than other online wallets, imo

In this case practice and theory match each other

And both of these tell us that that a hybrid wallet (since the blockchain.info wallet is one such) actually multiplies your risks of losing your coins. In the case of a web wallet like Coinbase, you risk your money being stolen from the server side (i.e. from the web wallet itself). Since you don't have the keys, your money simply cannot be stolen from your computer. If you have a 2FA enabled (e.g. by using SMS confirmations), which is a must-do thing anyway, you are essentially invulnerable to all possible viruses that your desktop may be infested with (though there is nothing good in this, of course). With a purely desktop wallet like Electrum your coins cannot be stolen from the server side since there is no server side as such altogether, but they can still be stolen from your computer by viruses and trojans. But in the case of a hybrid wallet, there is a server side and there is a client side, and from both of them the keys can get stolen since they are stored locally and they are still sent across the network to the blockchain.info server. And that's where theory meets practice. In the past, the hackers did manage to intercept the keys sent on the network by the users of the blockchain.info wallet by setting up exit Tor nodes, and unsurprisingly, the coins of these users got stolen at the end of the day

Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: