Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:16:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we limit the number of active loans per user?
No. As long as he is paying.
Yes, max 1 active loan per user.
Yes, max 2 active loans per user.
Yes, max 3 active loans per user.
Yes, max 5 active loans per user.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BTCJam - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending  (Read 204914 times)
BTCJamSupport

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

Support for the global P2P lending platform:BTCJam

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:18:41 PM

My BTC has been locked for over a week. As of writing this I have lost 0.02259 BTC due to their incompetence.

-----------------------

I spent 15 minutes to find the following information. I'm not good at this kind of stuff, can you find more things that BTCJam is trying to hide?

The address on their contact page is fake; a Suite is required: 1 Bluxome St., San Francisco, CA 94107

Alexis Aiono, Head of Support, is only 19 years old.

Celso Pitta, CEO, refuses to respond to emails requesting information about why my account was blacklisted and why my balance was reduced to zero.

Celso's linkedin page is a fake! It lists the following patent as his:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/celso-pitta/59/368/a9
Dispositivo computadorizado para detecção automática do estado de vigília e nível de atenção de um ser humano num posto estático.
Brazil Patent MU8702413-6 Issued October 7, 2008
Inventors: Celso Pitta

The patent is here:
http://www.patentesonline.com.br/dispositivo-computadorizado-para-detec-o-autom-tica-do-estado-de-vig-lia-e-n-vel-183518.html

The real inventor is here:
http://br.linkedin.com/pub/celso-cardoso-pitta/34/285/35a

Company claims to be based in San Francisco, Ca.
It is actually owned by a company called Ovo Cósmico LTDA and is based in Brazil.

BEWARE, so should you get your BTC out NOW!?

-----------------------

Celso didn't deny that the contact address is a fake.

Nor did he provide any evidence that Celso Cardoso Pitta is not Celso Cardoso Pitta Jr.

Nor did he provide any evidence that his full name is Celso Cardoso Pitta Jr.

I admit I got into an argument with a close friend of Alexis Aiono, the 19-year-old Head of Support. After VtechX left a harassing and defaming unsolicited comment, which had no purpose other than to persuade investors to not invest in my A credit rating short-term opportunity, I went to address the concerns in the investors group. There I found that Leslie, the close friend of Alexis, had goaded VtechX into harassing me "bad cop" style and had listed me as a "Do Not Invest" solely because I had thanked him for investing in me. After attempting to reason with Leslie he became irate and threatened to go "Moses" on me and bring down the "Armageddon" on my profile. Leslie then persuaded Alexis to blacklist my account.

Nobody was DOXed.

-----------------------

At the minimum, I believe that this is a terrible company that hires immature teenagers who will blacklist and empty your account without your permission because of mere favoritism.

CEO of BTCJam here.

I’d like to address the claims made by Avastar1:
1- We are not a scam. We are a legitimate business that started out in Brazil, hence the Ovo Comsico LTDA. We recently moved to San Francisco and raised money from various Investors, including Ribbit Capital who also backed Coinbase and Xapo.
http://ribbitcap.com/bets/btcjam/

2- I am the inventor of the patent mentioned, and here is the link to patent that includes my name. The LinkedIn profile posted is the one of my father, who carries the same name as me (I am officially Celso Cardoso Pitta Jr.)
http://www.patentesonline.com.br/dispositivo-computadorizado-para-detec-o-autom-tica-do-estado-de-vig-lia-e-n-vel-183518.html

Avastar1 is mad at BTCJam because we blacklisted his account after he started harassing other users, which is against our Terms of Service. We haven’t taken any Bitcoin from him, we’ve simply closed his account. For about 3 days, he was not able withdraw his coins and is now trying to claim that we are a scam.

3- While we’ve had a few scammers in the past, our credit scoring algorithm has improved a lot and our repayment rate for the last 4 months is over 90%. More importantly, investors are averaging 19% year over year returns, further proving that the core of our credit scoring algorithm works. Just be sure to invest in A and B loans, diversify well enough, and you will make good returns.
Here are some tips on how to do that: http://blog.btcjam.com/post/75934926878/the-3-rules-of-peer-to-peer-lending-for-investors
Avastar

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:40:44 PM

The address is still fake, therefore BTCJam is most likely a scam/ponzi scheme or at the minimum terribly managed like Mt. Gox.

My btc is still locked and can't be withdrawn, I'm suffering damages every minute you intentionally withhold it from me, if I had it then it would be traded for Cex.io shares.
Avastar

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:23:24 PM

It's now been two weeks and I still cannot withdraw my btc
Avastar

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:16:54 PM

Still can't withdraw.. my btc are just sitting there... hopefully they haven't been stolen by Celso...
hackbyte
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 111

Doing cryptocurrency stuff since 2010.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 06:53:04 PM

Still can't withdraw.. my btc are just sitting there... hopefully they haven't been stolen by Celso...

I can withdraw without any problems .. i don't know what your problem is ..

But i remember very good why you got kicked from the btcjam community...... So stop posting these crappy false claims..

Cryptocurrency Mining, Gambling, Lending, Trading, Staking .. So much to do with them, since 2010!
Donations-> 1bytoroRvXLGc1FWTob5h1oH92VMdUSFi Questions? Dunno! To the moon? Mün or bust!
Lust auf klönschnack? Schau bei uns rein im Cryptotalk (D-A-CH+EU) unter https://t.me/cryptotalkgerman
jwest411

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 06:34:08 PM

on another note, is anyone having any problems with their api? I am able to make the "listings" request just fine, but when I try to make any other request I am getting a 500 "internal server error". Their support took 2 weeks to respond by saying "That's odd, have you tried using a different browser? You can view the progress of the listing in your payment table if have invested", demonstrating that they didn't really read my question, since I am not accessing the server through a browser but rather through their api. I asked them what they meant, that wasw four weeks ago and they still haven't responded. Api halp anyone? hackbyte?

P.S. I started off joining btcjam for investment purposes, but soon I am hoping to use the api for research purposes for my masters thesis.
minerbobbert

Activity: 177

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:28:24 AM

For those who are complaining about the loans getting defaulted -

I am someone trying to get a loan on that site, and I can't get verified - my documents keep getting rejected and there is no avenue to communicate with them to resolve it. There is no "contact us" on the website, and all emails I have been sending for 2 weeks to the "feedback" section have gone unanswered.

Chances are the horrible service is keeping away the people that might actually pay back their loans (like me.)

Too bad, this is a good idea but the execution needs some serious revision.
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:02:19 PM

Any clue on what is going on with the site?
revilo

Activity: 543
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:12:45 PM

I cant access BtcJam.com Sad
I just get a message saying:
ssl connection error
revilo

Activity: 543
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:15:14 PM

Apparently the site has NO ssl certificate!

https://cheapsslsecurity.com/ssltools/ssl-checker.php?hostname=www.btcjam.com

Did somebody press the delete button?
hackbyte
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 111

Doing cryptocurrency stuff since 2010.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 10:17:10 PM

BTCJam is "down for maintenance" ....

Or thats what they told us...

Most of the btc investors assoc. are extremely upset right now and not only since this single event...

If you're involved in bitcoin lending in some or another form, preferably on BitlendingClub, Bitbond and/or BTCJam, just join us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/btcinvestors/ to get the best possible updates which we can reach....

I.e. these links Sad

http://blog.btcjam.com/post/86903259677/btcjam-is-undergoing-server-maintenance

http://blog.btcjam.com/post/86925938752/btcjam-downtime-update

Oh and lets not forget, a lot of people reporting about missing balances....

That no one from BTCJam already posted a message here about the downtime, speaks for itself imho...

Cryptocurrency Mining, Gambling, Lending, Trading, Staking .. So much to do with them, since 2010!
Donations-> 1bytoroRvXLGc1FWTob5h1oH92VMdUSFi Questions? Dunno! To the moon? Mün or bust!
Lust auf klönschnack? Schau bei uns rein im Cryptotalk (D-A-CH+EU) unter https://t.me/cryptotalkgerman
fulanomengano

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:42:35 AM

on another note, is anyone having any problems with their api? I am able to make the "listings" request just fine, but when I try to make any other request I am getting a 500 "internal server error". Their support took 2 weeks to respond by saying "That's odd, have you tried using a different browser? You can view the progress of the listing in your payment table if have invested", demonstrating that they didn't really read my question, since I am not accessing the server through a browser but rather through their api. I asked them what they meant, that wasw four weeks ago and they still haven't responded. Api halp anyone? hackbyte?

P.S. I started off joining btcjam for investment purposes, but soon I am hoping to use the api for research purposes for my masters thesis.

Same problem here. Reported to support like a week ago and never heard back from them. Nevertheless I got an email from someone (I guess marketing) asking me why I haven't make any loans yet.

Their Bitcointalk user verification process does not work either.

Upon further review, their arbitration process for when someone defaults is useless, unless you are short of toilet paper. If someone from Brazil defaults me for a couple of grands, I wont spend 100k in lawyers to recover the money.

If I ever recover the BTC from the dip-the-toe-in-the-water loans that I made, I will take my money back and run away as fast as I can in the opposite direction.
jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:34:43 AM

I have a small amount of BTC tied up and I am gobsmacked a single disk failure can cause an entire site crash. If this is indeed the case I suggest they sack their current Sys Admin\Hardware Guy!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
minerbobbert

Activity: 177

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:41:57 PM

"If you're involved in bitcoin lending in some or another form, preferably on BitlendingClub, Bitbond and/or BTCJam, just join us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/btcinvestors/ to get the best possible updates which we can reach...."

I just wanted to point out that this group is currently unable to be joined - the site one is supposed to link the facebook group to is "under maintenance" as well and there is no way to join the group according to the instructions, and nobody is responding to the "join group" request through facebook itself.
btcjamads

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:39:18 PM

I wish I could give a more illuminating update, but for now all I can say is that

The new server is online and running internally. No bitcoins, loans or transactions were lost. We are doing the final checks to make sure everything is in order.

We understand this is extremely frustrating and should have never happened and we sincerely apologize. Thanks to everyone for standing by as we fix this as fast as we can.
infoshri

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:15:16 PM

The loan : https://btcjam.com/listings/13324

was fully funded and its showing in repayment details. :

2014-07-10   Me   Loan for reputation buildup   1 of 1    ฿0.55000000

but the amount was not not reflecting in account balance and its still showing processing and a duplicate listing was also showing in my dashboard. kindly do the needful.
btcjamads

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:51:54 PM

Hi infoshri

I am sorry that you are having trouble. can you please email support@btcjam.com and describe exactly what you did, what the expected behavior is and what you are seeing? maybe provide a screenshot for extra help.

thank you

btcjam
Fundmanager23

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:21:16 PM

We at www.bitcoinbrandsinc.com are big fans of BTCJam. We have made a few small loans as a test. We are getting paid back. We expect to make more loans in the future.  We are also publicly traded in the US with the stock symbol CEHC.  We like the platform alot and think it has huge potential.
crypto977

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:35:26 PM

what is the default rate? any statistics?
btcjamads

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:23:57 AM

crypto977
Investors are averaging 19% returns and repayment rates are around 90%.
just make sure to diversify well.

learn more about why it makes so much sense to do p2p using bitcoin: http://blog.btcjam.com/post/75930899818/why-invest-with-btcjam
learn more about how to invest in p2p loans: http://blog.btcjam.com/post/75934926878/the-3-rules-of-peer-to-peer-lending-for-investors
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: