Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:02:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we limit the number of active loans per user?
No. As long as he is paying.
Yes, max 1 active loan per user.
Yes, max 2 active loans per user.
Yes, max 3 active loans per user.
Yes, max 5 active loans per user.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BTCJam - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending  (Read 204914 times)
Squeaker

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 07:39:11 PM

obvious phishing is obvious

=squeak=

AlexC

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:36:42 PM

Hi,
Does BTCJam have a general problem. I do get some error pages with "500 - Server error" e.g. when I try to see my payments. ?

/AlexC

kanes

Activity: 107

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:04:26 PM

Hi,
Does BTCJam have a general problem. I do get some error pages with "500 - Server error" e.g. when I try to see my payments. ?

/AlexC

I have the same problem, and i know that some users, but not everyone, is having this problem. This is important because without access to "payments" you cant pay your loans.

Any feedback about the solution?
Already reported the problem yesterday.
btcjamads

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:55:35 PM

Hi,

/AlexC

I have the same problem, and i know that some users, but not everyone, is having this problem. This is important because without access to "payments" you cant pay your loans.

Guys, thanks for reporting this and sorry about the issue. We fixed it. Please let me know if there is any other problem.
btcjamads

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:16:49 PM

Guys, very excited about today's release of the stats page.

Please view the announcement here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=792772.0
AlexC

Activity: 118

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:29:52 AM

Hi,

/AlexC

Guys, thanks for reporting this and sorry about the issue. We fixed it. Please let me know if there is any other problem.
It works now

Thanks
 AlexC

bitcoin24.ro

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 09:25:46 AM

i would advise caution while dealing with this site, as they're in breach of contract w/ myself.

unfortunately, i can't claim enough in damages to sue them yet, but maybe at some point

ed:  I'll pay a bitcoin if someone can locate the public address where they store images that aren't in thumbprint format:

here are two thumbprint examples, of  'anonymous person X'

https://btcjam.s3.amazonaws.com/identity_checks/img/11455_DL.thumb.jpg?1406251052

https://btcjam.s3.amazonaws.com/addr_checks/img/6616_ins.thumb.jpg?1406251127

ed2:  oh, and if anyone can somehow make out that DL #, PM me.  i'd pay for that, too.  would need to see proof of an image where it is decipherable (to stop people from just finding out 'anonymous person X' DL from some other method)

I think they collect and sell Identities to 3rd parties.
==========================================
Bad support. I need a loan to expand my website but it seems it's imposible. I sent my ID verfication twice in 4 DAYS and i have same answer.  "Ivalid Document" and just that. I sent two high resolution and high quality pictures with my ID and me holding ID near my face but they reject it.Not any clue why they reject my national ID issued by government and even they dont tell nothing i sent over 4 tickets to ask for an explanation but i think support team is dead because no answer. Perhaps my country is not allwed on this platform? I'm from Romania is there any problem with that? My luck was i found a similar platform, BitlendingClub and there accepted my ID in 2 HOURS. Sorry BTCJam you have bad support. Bitlending rules Wink
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 07:36:35 PM

any admin here ? my accoount still not get verified i has been do all requirement
my account :andhrew.kaskus@gmail.com

help admin
btcjamads

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:47:08 PM

i would advise caution while dealing with this site, as they're in breach of contract w/ myself.

unfortunately, i can't claim enough in damages to sue them yet, but maybe at some point

ed:  I'll pay a bitcoin if someone can locate the public address where they store images that aren't in thumbprint format:

https://btcjam.s3.amazonaws.com/identity_checks/img/11455_DL.thumb.jpg?1406251052

ed2:  oh, and if anyone can somehow make out that DL #, PM me.  i'd pay for that, too.  would need to see proof of an image where it is decipherable (to stop people from just finding out 'anonymous person X' DL from some other method)

Bad support. I need a loan to expand my website but it seems it's imposible. I sent my ID verfication twice in 4 DAYS and i have same answer.  "Ivalid Document" and just that. I sent two high resolution and high quality pictures with my ID and me holding ID near my face but they reject it.Not any clue why they reject my national ID issued by government and even they dont tell nothing i sent over 4 tickets to ask for an explanation but i think support team is dead because no answer. Perhaps my country is not allwed on this platform? I'm from Romania is there any problem with that? My luck was i found a similar platform, BitlendingClub and there accepted my ID in 2 HOURS. Sorry BTCJam you have bad support. Bitlending rules Wink

We have never sold identities to 3rd parties and have no intention in doing so in the future.

If you tell me your email I will look into your account and see what happened with the emails you sent to support.

I am sorry you had a bad experience while submitting your documents, we have recently streamlined the process to make it easier to get accepted.

If you try again today with legitimate documentation I am confident you will get accepted.
btcjamads

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:50:24 PM

any admin here ? my accoount still not get verified i has been do all requirement
my account :andhrew.kaskus@gmail.com

help admin

Hi Andhrew

I just looked into your account and it appears that we've requested that you do submit a picture of you holding your identity card so we can see that it is really you.

Can you please do so again here:
https://btcjam.com/identity_checks/new

best,

btcjam support
bitcoin24.ro

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 11:33:22 AM

We have never sold identities to 3rd parties and have no intention in doing so in the future.

If you tell me your email I will look into your account and see what happened with the emails you sent to support.

I am sorry you had a bad experience while submitting your documents, we have recently streamlined the process to make it easier to get accepted.

If you try again today with legitimate documentation I am confident you will get accepted.

i just sent my 4th verification request. If you do not accept it please sent an email to bitcoin24.ro@gmail.com with reason why im rejected. I would like to delete all my info from your database also terminate my account in case you reject again. Thanks for understanding.
shadowmoon

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

ActionCrypto.com ★ Bitcoin Binary Options

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:46:41 PM

Problems need urgent BTCjam contact the support of someone's been five days that a case was open and unanswered.

btcjamads

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:06:25 AM

Problems need urgent BTCjam contact the support of someone's been five days that a case was open and unanswered.

shadowmoon, what is your email so that I can have a look?
beaknuke

Activity: 412

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:50:00 PM

Bank account and credit card verification has been added! Connect them in your Credit Rating settings. If your bank is not listed, please e-mail support and we will try to add it.

Well, I been on Jam for about 6 months, I have used it successfully for asking for loans and myself with many others have indeed been stung by those who scam us for money for false claims.  Even some well respected Jam A rated users so I agree that they will need to help improve protection by any means possible, I welcome that but there is a line to drawn when it comes to the fragile nature of Bank Accounts and their security.

In the UK, we take bank account security seriously, it is one of the biggest problems that a lot of people run into, people taking money out of our accounts 'somehow' and on our online bank agreements we have to agree not to let other people have our banking passwords as this would prevent us from getting our money back if someone does cause fraud within our online banking.  They are to be kept secure.
Now many of the bank sites record your IP numbers, they know when you are abroad and they know if you login rapidly between UK and USA then their is a problem, they will block your account until you speak to them, they will want to know why u r in two locations at once.

If payments were missing from your bank account, they can now say that someone was in your account at a certain time and refuse to refund any fraud payments.

So, the other thing is some banks take security to greater levels, for instance Barclays in the UK use a Pin Code reader to access your online service, works similar to 2FA so you cannot give away the pin number, you need the reader and your bank card.

So, JAM has now started asking for people to give them your bank details so they can ask this third party to review your bank account, I mean talk about security breaches! I cannot do that at all, I would not give me details across to JAM and store it on their database server, who knows who is watchng these details and how reversable it could be.  It's very dangerous

I would ask JAM to reconsider this policy change and try and enforce security by supporting the banks by giving advice of not GIVING OUT password data that it should scrap this policy AT ONCE!

The following is a reply from them:-

Thank you for your contact. Our bank verification partner, Yodlee, is a trusted provider that has 62 issued U.S. patents and access to more than 12,500 global financial sources. If your bank requires a special login like TFA, PIN, or security questions, when you connect it to your BTCJam account, you will also be asked for these things. For improved safety, we intentionally do not store any of your credit card or bank account credentials.
http://www.yodlee.com/
Please let me know if you have any other questions, I am here to help.
Best,
BTCJam Support

w00dface

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:41:17 PM

Have had a payment on a loan stuck at processing for several days now. The money has come out and investors have received theirs, but it's still showing as active on my profile Sad

Email support 5-6 times and tweeted them... No reply

Also have had income verification "Being verified" for about a week.

Not overly impressed with the support desk Sad
beaknuke

Activity: 412

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:50:42 PM

I had another response from Support, I don't think they get it, the system clearly asks for your username/password for your online bank account and they they sub it out to a 3rd party who then access's your account to do some verification's?!

Jam, take some advice, look at how other methods work, like Paypal that charges a few cents to your bank account and the you enter the reference number into the Paypal site, all verified that it is yours without a thirdparty looking at your account.

I been arguing with support about this whole new verification process, to give my password out to anyone and for them to hold it in a database is a breach of my bank agreements, if I get caught (let says my IP address gets signed on in another country and then I do it here) I have to explain to my bank why. Fraud is rampant in the UK and if the banks find any excuse not to refund you, well there it is. I don't mind doing the few pence charges to a bank account for authorisation but to give it bank login details is clearly stupid.

I have now started seeing people on Jam asking for Bank or Credit card references, omg., maybe the banks in their country and not as controlled but you should never give out your banking details to anyone !

I have also noticed all my passport photos are still within my Jam account, I hope that database is bloody secure as with all the private account details makes it a number one target for hackers, just imagine what they could do!

letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:58:43 AM

I had another response from Support, I don't think they get it, the system clearly asks for your username/password for your online bank account and they they sub it out to a 3rd party who then access's your account to do some verification's?!

Jam, take some advice, look at how other methods work, like Paypal that charges a few cents to your bank account and the you enter the reference number into the Paypal site, all verified that it is yours without a thirdparty looking at your account.

I been arguing with support about this whole new verification process, to give my password out to anyone and for them to hold it in a database is a breach of my bank agreements, if I get caught (let says my IP address gets signed on in another country and then I do it here) I have to explain to my bank why. Fraud is rampant in the UK and if the banks find any excuse not to refund you, well there it is. I don't mind doing the few pence charges to a bank account for authorisation but to give it bank login details is clearly stupid.

I have now started seeing people on Jam asking for Bank or Credit card references, omg., maybe the banks in their country and not as controlled but you should never give out your banking details to anyone !

I have also noticed all my passport photos are still within my Jam account, I hope that database is bloody secure as with all the private account details makes it a number one target for hackers, just imagine what they could do!

Hey bro, I have already verified my bank account on btcjam by using my Internet Banking userid and password . WHen i tried it first time, its shows error that its not done successfully, plz try again. Then, I have tried it once more and its done successfully.

But for Security reasons to keep my bank account safe, I have changed my Internet Banking Password Immediately.  So, now there is no problem about my bank account security. I am totally safe now from my side.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:06:41 PM

Hey bro, I have already verified my bank account on btcjam by using my Internet Banking userid and password . WHen i tried it first time, its shows error that its not done successfully, plz try again. Then, I have tried it once more and its done successfully.

But for Security reasons to keep my bank account safe, I have changed my Internet Banking Password Immediately.  So, now there is no problem about my bank account security. I am totally safe now from my side.

Nevertheless: I just checked my internet banking contract here in Switzerland. If I give out my credentials, they are not liable anymore for any damage that may occure. Even if I change the password. So this is an absolute no-go. And I would NEVER EVER hand out my banking credentials to a US corporation. Have people not learned anything from the Snowden-case?
YingBrk

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:49:18 AM

I need help. I haven't recieve any response on my ticket 4666 for over a month.
thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:43:23 PM

I need help. I haven't recieve any response on my ticket 4666 for over a month.
You should probably resubmit it if it has gone that long and you havent got any response to it, maby it got lost somewhere.

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: