Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:14:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The function of religion ?  (Read 18598 times)
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:13:31 PM

Yes, our ego is killed at death, leaving only love.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:38:09 PM

I say this because humans are conscious beings who use ego to learn in our world, it's gives you a sense of individualism.  Ego is a human quality, perhaps other beings too, but we know humans for sure have egos.  If the universe was full of ego and love was only a human quality, it would make no sense to spread love, which I think we can agree is the best thing for humanity.

Belief in no way makes people kill each other, hate is manifested by the ego.  Everyone has a set of beliefs, even if you don't know them.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:43:46 PM

Problem with people like you is = you are not really listening others. You are not open to accept any other concept unless
it goes in parallel with what you already belive. I've posted you link for a great philosophical debate, have you even watch it?
Even if you have, it obviously didn't intrigued you. Phenomenology is something you already know of, and studied in depth?

You must first accept that you might be wrong about everything you know right now. Till than, I ain't gonna debate with you.
The thing is, I don't study the universe through studies of other people's material work.  I study the universe at a conscious level, within my head.  I believe, since we are the universe, our consciousness consists of the knowledge of everyone that has ever lived.  And I'm not the only one, so I know there's some validity to this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records

Once you've accessed this plane of consciousness, you can learn the true nature of things without doubt because everything in your consciousness is true.

I admit that I know nothing about our world, but I do know what I have experienced.

Jimmy Chang(y)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 03:39:28 PM

There you go with your strange logic:

"I believe, since we are the universe, our consciousness consists of the knowledge of everyone that has ever lived.  And I'm not the only one, so I know there's some validity to this."

Please try to explain to me how other people agreeing with each other provides ANY validity?

And if you could, some sort of evidence to back this striking claim up.

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 01:08:57 AM

The evidence is within your mind, it's up to you to find it like I have.

Jimmy Chang(y)

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 07:39:40 AM

Grin for someone who strives to spread love your not very good at it dank, thanks for the insightful answer wise one.

annnnnd thought as much.
fishface

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 12:59:43 PM

The evidence is within your mind, it's up to you to find it like I have.

I'm usually entertained by you, dank, but this is the pinnacle of arrogance. Lame statement.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 02:51:23 PM

Grin for someone who strives to spread love your not very good at it dank, thanks for the insightful answer wise one.

annnnnd thought as much.
You're asking for evidence for a spiritual concept.  Again, not everything has evidence.  Spirituality can only be learned by you, I can write a novel on the workings of the universe, your ego will block it out as 'strange logic' and you won't learn anything from it.  You have to want to understand these concepts, and when you try to form a better understanding, you don't ask for evidence, you ask why?

Jimmy Chang(y)

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 05:55:24 PM

My ego? Seriously man I dont think my ego is the issue here.

I can agree with you on the point of spirituality having no evidence, this has been my point all along. Yet you remain adamant that your correct, because you have a 'higher' spiritual understanding than me (ego alert) despite the lack of evidence, merely your own thoughts, so you must be right! Cus you have such a higher understanding on all matters of the spirit and any doubts that they might, you know, just be YOUR THOUGHTS and not answers can be reassuringly disregarded because 'Others have thought this way too'.

For someone who is also so adamant that we are one, I , you, he, she, all share the same consciousness, how can you then state you have a higher understanding, when we are infact, one? Seems a little egotistical for someone who claims to have no ego, to put themself above others, even tho we're all the same, as you keep saying.

I tell you why we see all these contradictions Dank, cus your chatting shit mate. Your a poser hippy, giving the real hippies a bad name, your no more spiritually advanced than the other 'Merican hero sitting on coach watching jersey shore, your a sheep.

But yea man, peace and love, thats the answer.

I tell you what, when we dont have fucking idiots like you roaming the face of the earth, perhaps peace and love will have a chance, till then, its not viable.

Peace.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 06:34:16 PM

I didn't mean your ego in particular.  Ego and love destroy each other, it's the basis of duality.  You tell someone with an ego some spiritual shit, even if it's true, ego will not understand and reject it.  You tell a girl with an ego you love her and you'll scare her off.  It's has been the basis of earth life.

We all have the same knowledge about the universe within our consciousness, I have explored my consciousness more than others and I feel that I understand the universe more than others, not necessarily everyone.  Anybody can have this understanding of the universe.

Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 06:38:45 PM

You tell a girl with an ego you love her and you'll scare her off.

Dank, no, that's now how it works. People get scared when you tell them you love them suddenly because it reeks of mental instability, depression and desperation.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 06:57:00 PM

Dank, no, that's now how it works. People get scared when you tell them you love them suddenly because it reeks of mental instability, depression and desperation.
No, girls (not all) are scared to love because they're scared of the negative feelings associated with heart break.  It's fear, doubt, ego.  Even if she was in love with you as you were in love with her, and you're relationship was so breathtakingly intimate, if that doubt sparks up and gains control, ego kills love.

I'm talking from experience here.

mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 07:00:43 PM

No, girls (not all) are scared to love because they're scared of the negative feelings associated with heart break.  It's fear, doubt, ego.  Even if she was in love with you as you were in love with her, and you're relationship was so breathtakingly intimate, if that doubt sparks up and gains control, ego kills love.

I'm talking from experience here.

Life usually gets a bit better once you are done with puberty...

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 07:01:36 PM

And what relevance does that have with my post?

mobodick

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 07:32:09 PM

And what relevance does that have with my post?

That the problems you describe are mostly associated with teenagers in puberty.
fishface

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 07:32:26 PM

You may not know what Satanism is. Not a religion, but instead a self-described philosophical organization. It is comprised of atheists. www.churchofsatan.com/pages/_FAQ03.html if you're interested.
mobodick

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 07:45:12 PM

You may not know what Satanism is. Not a religion, but instead a self-described philosophical organization. It is comprised of atheists. www.churchofsatan.com/pages/_FAQ03.html if you're interested.

Yeah, and how stupid can you be to name your little club of self-indulgent atheists after a mythical god creature?
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 07:50:53 PM

Yeah, and how stupid can you be to name your little club of self-indulgent atheists after a mythical god creature?

Not stupid at all. They use the name to keep the idiots out.
fishface

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 07:59:18 PM

Stupidity is #1 on the list of the Nine Satanic Sins. So we strive to avoid and see through stupidity. We don't believe in any mythical creature called Satan. Satan is symbolic in a sense, and further...

"If you’re new to Satanism, or simply curious, perhaps a brief discussion of one of the most common questions might help you to better understand what this site is all about. Why call it Satanism?

Dr. LaVey has answered this question many times in his writings and in interviews but, apparently, it’s a tough concept for some people. It is usually accompanied by, “You know, everything you say makes a lot of sense. But that name, ‘Satan’, is a real turn-off for people. Why don’t you just call it ‘Humanism’ or something—you’d get a lot more followers.”

Of course, the first point is, we don’t need a lot of followers; we need more leaders in society in general and Satanism is a philosophy of leaders. That’s the glib answer. The more complete answer is that Satanists find more strength in images of defiance, fortitude against all odds and self-determination than we do in the image of the guy hanging on the Cross. We are sickened by the complacency, hypocrisy, prejudice, and self-righteousness that most conventional religions (including “Wicca” and “paganism” as they are currently defined) encourage in people. When my back is up against the wall, I’m not strengthened by Jesus’ supposed martyrdom, or by the idea of praying and being saved, or of mooning over some glorious afterlife (so I don’t have to take responsibility for this one). Satanists’ scorn for such drivel is in our hard-wiring, and we could no more “give our lives over to Christ” than we could cut off one of our own limbs. The word “Satan” is the first hurdle to understanding what we’re trying to get across. Question, challenge all things, especially what you’ve been taught about supposed enemies. Sort out the truth from convenient myths. Words are magical and potent—use them effectively."

A quote from Magistra Blanche Barton, Church of Satan
mobodick

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 07:59:38 PM

Not stupid at all. They use the name to keep the idiots out.
Sure, because exclusionism is the intelligent choice.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: