Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:55:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270078 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:16:36 AM

i think people are allowed to sell for emergencies(which is what i'm doing) if they bought bitcoin for investments but then they need absolutely the money back or a portion of it

or if they didn't invest in bitcoin and acquired them in an easy way via instamining, premining ecc...(i'm talking about those quarkguy that acquired million in bitcoin via quarcoin), because they could turn nothing in big profit, it's like printing money lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:55:45 AM

i think people are allowed to sell for emergencies(which is what i'm doing) if they bought bitcoin for investments but then they need absolutely the money back or a portion of it

or if they didn't invest in bitcoin and acquired them in an easy way via instamining, premining ecc...(i'm talking about those quarkguy that acquired million in bitcoin via quarcoin), because they could turn nothing in big profit, it's like printing money lol

Yes, I am doing the same thing. So far in a 2 years I have sold only twice and that was when I needed the money badly. Few months after, I got what I sold and even more since the price has droped considerably. Smiley
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:55:05 PM

-snip-
Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive.
-snip-

That graphic explains your point well. More so for people that have actually seen the movie.

I do see your point. However there is danger in leaving everything in one asset class. BTC could rise rapidly to high levels and then later crash to 0. Total loss could have been avoided by selling some BTC or trading it for another asset class when prices were high.

Its not all or nothing. You can sell some of your BTC and keep the rest

I agree with the fact one should hold literally forever. The thing is, big bubbles happen and the opportunity to x5 your BTC by selling on a peak is always there.. but who wants to risk it? you not only need to nail it when selling at a peak, you need to nail it when buying back on a correction.
Prasmatic

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:04:04 PM

Yes, I am doing the same thing. So far in a 2 years I have sold only twice and that was when I needed the money badly. Few months after, I got what I sold and even more since the price has droped considerably. Smiley

Well we start to keep and hold the bitcoin like forever.
But sometimes it comes a time that you should sell whatever you have including bitcoin.
And when you are needed for money.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:07:23 PM

I agree with the fact one should hold literally forever. The thing is, big bubbles happen and the opportunity to x5 your BTC by selling on a peak is always there.. but who wants to risk it? you not only need to nail it when selling at a peak, you need to nail it when buying back on a correction.

Just maybe one day it'll hit its eternal September and those who thought they were heroes selling off to buy back lower end up looking like dicks when it don't. Everyone's a trading hero in retrospect and market behaviour is ingrained until it's not.
Prasmatic

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:01:29 PM

Just maybe one day it'll hit its eternal September and those who thought they were heroes selling off to buy back lower end up looking like dicks when it don't. Everyone's a trading hero in retrospect and market behaviour is ingrained until it's not.

Everyone is optimistic so we should be like that.
But we also should be based on facts that are happening these times to bitcoin.
The price can go much much higher, but it is stuck there for a long time.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:27:59 PM

Not everyone will be having that choice with them. I have dumped more than 90% of my Bitcoin holdings in the past 4-5 months. I am going through a very difficult stage, financially. I am deep in debt, with some of the repayments due in the next 3-4 months. Apart from my coins, I had only a few grand worth of equities as savings. So... I sold 90% of my coins, and 90% of my equities.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:11:55 PM

Everyone is optimistic so we should be like that.
But we also should be based on facts that are happening these times to bitcoin.
The price can go much much higher, but it is stuck there for a long time.

Being optimistic is good, but you also cannot afford to neglect the reality attached with bitcoin, and the reality is it is too volatile, uncertain and that's the reason many people just ignore to hold bitcoin but selling a part of bitcoin is affordable when prices goes high but selling all bitcoins would be a bad idea.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:18:09 PM

Being optimistic is good, but you also cannot afford to neglect the reality attached with bitcoin, and the reality is it is too volatile, uncertain and that's the reason many people just ignore to hold bitcoin but selling a part of bitcoin is affordable when prices goes high but selling all bitcoins would be a bad idea.

I'm not saying it'll be any time soon, but if it does start to really fly then every previous expectation will be blown to pieces. People need to be flexible and willing to discard Bitcoin's previous track record.

It's exactly the same as the ancient mantra of 'Bitcoin never goes below its previous all time high' and then it, er, did. That was based on a whole 2-3 years of 'history'.

This market is microscopic and ever developing. People get excited about trades that amount to a couple of hundred thousand dollars. That would be scoffed at by hardened traders. It's something that needs to be kept in mind.

Prasmatic

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:24:24 PM

Not everyone will be having that choice with them. I have dumped more than 90% of my Bitcoin holdings in the past 4-5 months. I am going through a very difficult stage, financially. I am deep in debt, with some of the repayments due in the next 3-4 months. Apart from my coins, I had only a few grand worth of equities as savings. So... I sold 90% of my coins, and 90% of my equities.

Well that is a situation that nobody would like to be.
As I said before selling bitcoin can be if you need the money urgently.
And you have no other choice where to get the money, then bitcoin can help you.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:36:16 PM

I'm not saying it'll be any time soon, but if it does start to really fly then every previous expectation will be blown to pieces. People need to be flexible and willing to discard Bitcoin's previous track record.

It's exactly the same as the ancient mantra of 'Bitcoin never goes below its previous all time high' and then it, er, did. That was based on a whole 2-3 years of 'history'.

This market is microscopic and ever developing. People get excited about trades that amount to a couple of hundred thousand dollars. That would be scoffed at by hardened traders. It's something that needs to be kept in mind.

You can find failed "this will never go beyond X" price threads all over the place if you search for them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140394.0

This thread for example. Legendary member said we would never reach 100 dollars again. LOL Smiley
Prasmatic

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:40:55 PM

You can find failed "this will never go beyond X" price threads all over the place if you search for them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140394.0

This thread for example. Legendary member said we would never reach 100 dollars again. LOL Smiley

Well there is nothing that can be true or not if we based on a member rank.
I know he can know much better that us how bitcoin price works.
But there are many other factors that should consider Smiley and I think it will reach 400$ soon.
bojan92

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:42:08 PM

I think that is a smart decision to leave your bitcoins alone. Just watch as their price rises, and then just use the difference between the paid value (value when you got the bitcoins) and the value at the moment to buy everything you want. It is like a way to save money, with no fixed rates but with a big possibility to double your money Smiley
Andy4.4

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:08:53 AM

Because it has more potential to grow.
Far greater than anything.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:07:07 AM

I don't really think that one should hold forever, its healthy to let your investments out and then watch them make their way back in, with some extra profit. Your tactic of business is not of a rich mind, you should trade bitcoin because trading is always good for the currency, the more it is used, the better it is considered. The cycle of business and demand and supply will never be stopped because of good and daily trade.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:27:55 AM

I think that is a smart decision to leave your bitcoins alone. Just watch as their price rises, and then just use the difference between the paid value (value when you got the bitcoins) and the value at the moment to buy everything you want. It is like a way to save money, with no fixed rates but with a big possibility to double your money Smiley

surely this isn't the time for sell but for buy, the price is telling you that all the time with those swings, that let the shorter be happy too in this crazy market

and if someone really believe in bitcoin for him it should be always the time to buy until his target price
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:40:16 AM

In the first six months of this year Bitcoin out-performed gold!
Gold lost a lot of his value while BTC is trading in a very balanced trend.

Something a bit unexpected but very interesting.
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:39:00 AM

In the first six months of this year Bitcoin out-performed gold!
Gold lost a lot of his value while BTC is trading in a very balanced trend.

Something a bit unexpected but very interesting.

That is something I did not observe until you pointed it out to me, I just checked the stats. The attention from gold will slowly diminish simply because its nothing except an asset now, and in a world of speed and portability in everything we use, gold just seems shiny and nothing else. I love bitcoin, more than gold because I love the tech and the idea of btc and not just shiny asset which only has to offer store of value or otherwise jewelry.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 10:32:30 AM

I know that my fiat currencies will not carry me through every turns of modern economy. That is where the bitcoin come in play. So I never intend to lose my bitcoins.

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:13:17 AM

People always say this, but if bitcoin really reached 10K or 100K, their opinion will change, they will wait for 1 million dollar coins  Grin

And people used to have strong motivation to sell when price rose too quick in a short time, that's the reason each bubble is followed by a crash. Making a quick buck and take profit is always attractive, given the fiat money's value never changes so dramatically

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: