Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:43:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you quit your day job to go full time on bitcoin?  (Read 459156 times)
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:39:08 PM

If I ever get enough money, then yes I would go full btc.  But I think that the success of the early adopters may not be repeated again so spectacularly.  I think I can do ok, but I doubt I will become a millionaire from it.

it depends on how much btcs do you have at the moment...

Exactly, it totally depends on how much bitcoin we hold, but if you want to have good amount of bitcoins then you need to give 100% of your time to bitcoin, and for that you need to quit your present job, at present I believe that bitcoin is good sort of extra income, so cannot afford to quit the job.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:27:04 AM

If I ever get enough money, then yes I would go full btc.  But I think that the success of the early adopters may not be repeated again so spectacularly.  I think I can do ok, but I doubt I will become a millionaire from it.

it depends on how much btcs do you have at the moment...

Exactly, it totally depends on how much bitcoin we hold, but if you want to have good amount of bitcoins then you need to give 100% of your time to bitcoin, and for that you need to quit your present job, at present I believe that bitcoin is good sort of extra income, so cannot afford to quit the job.

for me is a great extra im earning around the same as my salary soo it could became my life in the short time, but i think in medium time soo i can live only from bitcoin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:35:37 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 08:25:14 AM by Amph

already done that my day job is signature campaign lol, job kill your life, with signature i can earn comfortably at home without paying any taxes on it, because i'm not selling bitcoin or anything, this is the best part of it

being payed directly in bitcoin with those kind of activity is fantastic

But when you want to buy something with it what are you going to do?
Say for example, that BTC goes to 10K in the next years and you can afford a nice car or real state.
How can one buy that with BTC without getting it taxed?
When they ask where the money comes from what will you say? it came from "sig campaign?" i ask because a friend made a lot of money mining and a little with sig campaing too and is on the same boat. Has never sold or bought with fiat so goverment has no idea that he owns a couple thousands in BTC.

bitcoin can't go to 10k without rising its usage all around the word, i mena there isn't a thing like bitcoin will have a high price but it's still not mainstream, those two thing go together

so at 10k, it's very likely that many shop will already accept it, and aside from this there is open bazar coming, or if you prefer to use them now without dumping there is all4btc/purse.io

Yeah but he's talking about buying something serious like a vehicle or a house, not some videogames. How are you going to buy something like that without setting the IRS alarms on?
You may be able to directly buy a car and a house with BTC directly in the future (in fact you can now) but how are you supposed to avoid taxes anyway? you have to declare your properties.

well besides an hourse there isn't anything big enough that interest me, car? i don't care i prefer to use bicycle it keeps me in shape, everything else is so small that will not alarms taxman

Well, how are you going to pay a house then?
And again like some other posters said, even if you buy directly with BTC, customs may inspect the package and see you are paying in BTC, if they see this on repeated times it may raise an alarm because you aren't taxing any of that money.

this is true, but usually i prefer to not order materials from outside of europe union, exactly because i want to avoid controls from customs, if you order something in eu, they will not check anything tnx to the europe union

i believe that if you're someone with an house already you can conduct your life buy paying anything else that does not cost too much like food or small HW, with bitcoin without paying taxes, but in any case it's better to stay under a certain amount per year

If you hold some BTC for a decade+ you can be a potential millionaire. Are you saying you wouldn't be tempted to buy a better house? what's the point of being a millionaire if you can't use your wealth beyond groceries and a gaming computer? lol.

i would, but not too big, as i'm not planned to have a family, so it would be no-sense to waste money on a big house, max 100sqm is ok for me

well as i said i don't need to be millionaire because i'm not interested in these usual stuff that affect a rich guy...
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 05:26:44 PM

You need to comply with the paperwork if you want any house of any size, same for all motorized vehicles. As far as I know there's no way to get around this so you would be forced to get those Bitcoins taxed if you use them for any serious purchase.
knowhow

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 08:33:39 PM

that is true getting a new car ,a new house or something that changes your life from worker to rich or with enought money need to be taxed in bitcoins to avoid be accused of fraud or any other bad business model
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:05:36 PM

You need to comply with the paperwork if you want any house of any size, same for all motorized vehicles. As far as I know there's no way to get around this so you would be forced to get those Bitcoins taxed if you use them for any serious purchase.

yeah i know, house especially are the only down side, but if you can get rid of that problem by paying your taxes, every other small purchase will be tax free, they will never bother with someone that is not spending a fortune per year
knowhow

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:30:50 PM

yeah i know, house especially are the only down side, but if you can get rid of that problem by paying your taxes, every other small purchase will be tax free, they will never bother with someone that is not spending a fortune per year

some places allows bitcoins to purchase houses ,but there is the transaction to change owner that must be paid in fiat,even paying for it looks they will ask from where the money camed from,would be good to sell bitcoins between users avoidind the taxes.Or open a company just to get the income from bitcoin without being asked from where the money camed.
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:08:07 AM

I think a lot of people do not benefit much with their bitcoins because mostly they do not understand the power and opportunities they get along with buying a bitcoin, there are so many opportunities out there and an average joe can earn money through bitcoins, its not rocket science. All it takes is patience, perseverance and a long term vision, ability to look at the future of your investments and adjusting smoothly with the changes.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:05:28 AM

I think a lot of people do not benefit much with their bitcoins because mostly they do not understand the power and opportunities they get along with buying a bitcoin, there are so many opportunities out there and an average joe can earn money through bitcoins, its not rocket science. All it takes is patience, perseverance and a long term vision, ability to look at the future of your investments and adjusting smoothly with the changes.

it's not that easy as it might look. a lot people in bitcoin are extremely short therm minded. they simply aren't able to think in terms of months or years.
knowhow

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:45:10 AM

most of community bought bitcoins at 1000 dollars as 600 dollars soo they are waiting to roi and maybe left bitcoin for a while,as all know some of us lost some money at it but it is getting is value back,isnt a safe way left a real job now as it keeps very volatil but when it matures yes can be an option
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:51:21 AM

it's not that easy as it might look. a lot people in bitcoin are extremely short therm minded. they simply aren't able to think in terms of months or years.

And that is exactly why people are not rich. Is it so hard for people to understand that getting rich is a process which can either be easy or hard, it depends on how things turn out for that person. Some can be really lucky and make the most perfect investment in their first time, and some people need to work hard and make the most calculated decisions. They often fail, they often suffer but perseverance makes a person come out strong and that is a capability which makes someone rich for sure.
knowhow

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:34:46 PM

well some already own a good money but they doesnt consider milionaires ,but has enought to live,bitcoin is getting mature on the next years and we all believe it can go up and get more and more supporters,becoming the first currency in world accepted everywhere without conversion.Some people just made those decision left their job and dedicated their time into their projects.
CEG5952 (OP)

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:07:46 AM

well some already own a good money but they doesnt consider milionaires ,but has enought to live,bitcoin is getting mature on the next years and we all believe it can go up and get more and more supporters,becoming the first currency in world accepted everywhere without conversion.Some people just made those decision left their job and dedicated their time into their projects.

People who invest in miners are usually the rich people. I'm talking about farm mining/mass mining. I saw this documentary on youtube about a bitcoin mining farm and they generate like 100 bitcoins daily. Imagine that amount in 1 week, 1 month, 1 year.

HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:24:47 AM

People who invest in miners are usually the rich people. I'm talking about farm mining/mass mining. I saw this documentary on youtube about a bitcoin mining farm and they generate like 100 bitcoins daily. Imagine that amount in 1 week, 1 month, 1 year.

Damn, that's a shit load of bitcoins man. Even if production and salary payments take away 10-15 bitcoins, they are still left with so many bitcoins. Mining is only beneficial when you have the best gear, the most complete resources, capabilities, understanding and time. Once you do and you understand and know your way around, nobody can stop you from creating your own btc empire Wink
ajun96

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:07:41 AM

can actually be done in turns between bitcoin and work, but if given the choice, I prefer not to get out of work today
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:04:26 PM

no too much risk for me, i prefer to work normally like everyone else, at least for the moment, at best i could accept a bitcoin payment for my wage
but going directly with trading, gambling and mining as a first job is pure crazy

you will end up losing everything in the long term, if you have some luck at the beginning i could see this working if you are good at poker and trading
because they are based on skill, this is true for the long terms

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:11:45 PM

no too much risk for me, i prefer to work normally like everyone else, at least for the moment, at best i could accept a bitcoin payment for my wage
but going directly with trading, gambling and mining as a first job is pure crazy

you will end up losing everything in the long term, if you have some luck at the beginning i could see this working if you are good at poker and trading

I think you are unaware of the opportunities bitcoin has in store for people, there are many job opportunities on the internet related to bitcoin based on the skills. People can earn money researching and writing on bitcoins, trading and understanding running a business along with bitcoin, mining and being involved in the block chain, devs which work on crypocurrency, marketing other currencies, marketing online gambling and even being a part of it, etc.
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:42:42 PM

I think you are unaware of the opportunities bitcoin has in store for people, there are many job opportunities on the internet related to bitcoin based on the skills. People can earn money researching and writing on bitcoins, trading and understanding running a business along with bitcoin, mining and being involved in the block chain, devs which work on crypocurrency, marketing other currencies, marketing online gambling and even being a part of it, etc.

yes, very few people have knowledge about how big the bitcoin market truly is, surely there will be many business opportunities when more than 500k people are using it everyday individually and they are active. There are traditional ways of earning btc like trading, mining and now there are new ways like campaigns, marketing faucets, etc. Its a huge market.
Derrike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:50:08 PM

yes, very few people have knowledge about how big the bitcoin market truly is, surely there will be many business opportunities when more than 500k people are using it everyday individually and they are active. There are traditional ways of earning btc like trading, mining and now there are new ways like campaigns, marketing faucets, etc. Its a huge market.
No its not like that.
In your day job there is a job security and you are satisfied with what you earn and also that you are gonna get assured money at end of each month.
But in world of crypto there are many challenges that people face as there is no job security and money per month is not guaranteed for newbies.

But in my opinion, crypto thing is good for a part time job.
CEG5952 (OP)

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:52:42 PM

Damn, that's a shit load of bitcoins man. Even if production and salary payments take away 10-15 bitcoins, they are still left with so many bitcoins. Mining is only beneficial when you have the best gear, the most complete resources, capabilities, understanding and time. Once you do and you understand and know your way around, nobody can stop you from creating your own btc empire Wink

True that. Investing a few thousand dollars in setting up a bitcoin farm can really pay up knowing that the halving is near. The price will probably go up since there wont be coins for everybody by then.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: