Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:51:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not.  (Read 116470 times)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 12:21:40 PM

Going against Bitcoin is not a good idea, i would suggest not making the same mistake as other coins, it only works against you.
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 12:26:11 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 06:23:20 PM by monsterer

Maybe it is more like etherium functionality is the future of bitcoin, ether (its currency) is not ?

As presumably once the functionality is fleshed out and tested if it is good some bitcoin sidechain will adopt it ?

-MarkM-

Except that 7 minute blocks are totally inadequate for the platform and you cannot go faster than bitcoin as a side chain of it.
TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 12:35:33 PM

You are not helping Ether.

Anytime someone say "This coin is better than BITCOIN". People run away from it.

At least until the argument can be proven, which no alt has done so far
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:12:28 PM

ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.
What a wonderful dream.
But it's never be true.
Only btc could be a currency.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 03:40:40 PM

ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

Iffy...I woulda thunk that a stable anoncoin would have taken the market.

In fact: if you're a fan of the long game and are involved with a quality anoncoin, you should keep your eye on the shadow economy. My own long-term hunch says that the shadow economy is gonna keep growing...and won't be all that welcoming to a proposed solution that makes it "possibly less underground." How many illegal immigrants would welcome a system - even a system as fine as Etherium - that would make them possibly more indictable? Especially in these populist times?

Or for that matter, why would a so-called natural-born citizen welcome it? Both types, I 'umbly suggest, would me more attracted to a system with strong anon protections.

(If you're a so-called rightwing, feel free to insert an Obama-student-records joke here...)

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

NextGenCrypto

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 03:54:33 PM

You are not helping Ether.

Anytime someone say "This coin is better than BITCOIN". People run away from it.

And you're a worthless troll.  You're not helping anything. 

Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:42:03 PM

Let me get this straight if $new_coin captures $arbitrary_small_but_credible_percentage of $some_preexisting_global_economic_market then moon.

I sense deja-vu  Cheesy

Ya, this.

I am interested to see what happens with Ethereum's platform though. Mist within it is interesting. I'm wondering what applications will be built with it in the future. If I'm being totally honest though, I just hope Counterparty keeps going and puts all the goodies onto the Bitcoin blockchain.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:49:44 PM

More and more people are coming to the realization someone elses blockchain isn't worth fuckall.

The time wasted on Ethereum has seen its need disappear.

Dead coin walking.
Topbanker

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:25:18 PM

Axiom is the way to go fellas!!

Grin
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:13:36 PM

I don't know if Ethereum is going to overtake Bitcoin they are two totally different things, but here is where Ethereum will revolutionize things,

A crypto wallet/interface the average person can actually understand and navigate through....

ApexEvo

Activity: 280

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:30:58 AM

I don't know if Ethereum is going to overtake Bitcoin they are two totally different things, but here is where Ethereum will revolutionize things,

A crypto wallet/interface the average person can actually understand and navigate through....

But is this how will frontier look?? I guess when they released the video with this demo they said, that it is only vision they have, its not real product, more like mockup of what they want to achieve. I think that frontier bare bone version they gonna release will be far from this. Correct me if Im wrong.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 04:14:04 PM

is there a guide to windows mining ethereum guys?
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:27:19 PM

Such threads are really stupid
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 10:14:14 AM

Bump

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 02:01:54 PM

So far the theory. Let's wait and see how this will work out in practice. Right now it's way more speculation than anything else.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 02:42:42 PM

Bitcoin is still the future.
At the moment, no coin even Ethereum is able to topple Bitcoin spot at the top.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Robin,Hood

Merit: 62

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:53:42 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2015, 05:18:17 PM by Robin,Hood

Bump
Oh, stoat the lone shit coin open source platform pusher still thinks he will get filthy rich with it.
He is the type of guy claiming to got rich with Linux too.

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:30:36 PM

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.

If etherum ever becomes #1 crypto i will probably quit crypto altogether. Etheruem is just as bad as banks in my books.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 12:02:37 AM

If etherum ever becomes #1 crypto i will probably quit crypto altogether. Etheruem is just as bad as banks in my books.

Why are you being so negative?  Is it because you don't hold any ether?

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 04:38:43 AM

Why are you being so negative?  Is it because you don't hold any ether?

The XCP "recreates Ethereum" Pump pretty much exposed the creaky Bitcoin ecosystem...
It would be hard to better explain the Order of Magnitude advance ETH is building than this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2m30j6/counterparty_recreates_ethereum_on_bitcoin/cm0o1rf

People who hide their head in the sand have no idea the amount of Dev talent working on ETH...
It's only Devs and traders and there is a cap on usage... but tx have doubled to 4,000/day in 2 weeks.

https://etherchain.org/statistics/basic
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: