Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:19:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not.  (Read 116472 times)
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:32:27 AM

I feel eth not be as easy as it replaces bitcoin. bitcoin will remain the future of crypto. I say that because eth price is still very much different from the bitcoin, and if eth growing, then bitcoin also
ProfessionalGoogler

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:45:20 AM

I find it so insane how right this guy was from a post made from last year.

TO THE MOON!!!
Xiestar

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 11:33:30 AM

I feel eth not be as easy as it replaces uᴉoɔʇᴉq. uᴉoɔʇᴉq will remain the future of crypto. I say that because eth price is still very much different from the uᴉoɔʇᴉq, and if eth growing, then uᴉoɔʇᴉq also

If many people use the smart contract system based on Ethereum, then the Ethereum price will be very high.
Washika

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:13:34 PM

I feel eth not be as easy as it replaces uᴉoɔʇᴉq. uᴉoɔʇᴉq will remain the future of crypto. I say that because eth price is still very much different from the uᴉoɔʇᴉq, and if eth growing, then uᴉoɔʇᴉq also

If many people use the smart contract system based on Ethereum, then the Ethereum price will be very high.

But somebody is building a smart contract system based on Bitcoin. When that comes out, it will affect Etheruem.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 02:00:27 PM

But somebody is building a smart contract system based on Bitcoin. When that comes out, it will affect Etheruem.

Once real money joins in there will be plenty of room for both, and plenty of others as well. People who think there can only be one or the other aren't thinking big enough. This may be a few years out yet, or it could happen overnight, but the interest is steadily growing.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 08:11:48 PM

Or it'll affect Bitcoin. When Counterparty first came out, there were a lot of Bitcoiners who resented it for bloating up the BTC blockchain. It, not to mention other coloured-coin services like Mastercoin, was the triggering reason for core to cut down the message size in each tx to 40 bytes.

Given the blocksize controversy in the Bitcoin world, I can see a lot of Bitcoiners getting riled by smart-contract blockchain bloat, unless smart contracts are going to be implemented with sidechains. And if they are, "Bitcoin plus smart contracts" is going to rely on new and perhaps shaky tech to compete against Ethereum's established tech. Not to mention Ethereum's now-established publicity in the financial press...

The network effect can only stretch so far.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Zeelotin

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:27:38 PM

Or it'll affect Bitcoin. When Counterparty first came out, there were a lot of Bitcoiners who resented it for bloating up the BTC blockchain. It, not to mention other coloured-coin services like Mastercoin, was the triggering reason for core to cut down the message size in each tx to 40 bytes.

Given the blocksize controversy in the Bitcoin world, I can see a lot of Bitcoiners getting riled by smart-contract blockchain bloat, unless smart contracts are going to be implemented with sidechains. And if they are, "Bitcoin plus smart contracts" is going to rely on new and perhaps shaky tech to compete against Ethereum's established tech. Not to mention Ethereum's now-established publicity in the financial press...

I wish the smart contract can be implemented in the sidechains. Look at Ethereum, it is already over 12GB.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 04:42:46 AM

I wish the smart contract can be implemented in the sidechains. Look at Ethereum, it is already over 12GB.

from what I understand this is what LISK is doing.....sidechains don't effect the blocksize per say and you do it in javascrypt (again from what I understand) thus NOT just a smart
contract platform (again from what I understand).....anyway others can correct me on this here I'm sure....anyway.....imho LISK's plan to steal some of etherums thunder making DAPP's etc

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:18:23 AM

It was *proven* to be a scammy IPO when it launched in 2014.
It also is NOT a Currency. (Altcoin)

So even if it was not scammy on Launch and during the recent hype SPAMMING HERE and dumping
it would still be a useless PYRAMID SCHEME shit coin token of sorts.

I already said i would go light my money on fire before i buy shit like this with my hard earned money.
AND i did then i posted pictures doing it.

There is NO debate.
Proof was posted it was scam on Launch. (if there was a court case they would have been convicted)
Shitholes like Poloniex that added it also are shitholes because they knew better but added it anyway.

Most of you here also knew already but later went ahead and supported it anyway.
And YES saying "Oh well, i don't like it but, i am buying them to profit"

*IS* still SUPPORT !

Which makes you.. a SHITCOIN SUPPORTER

So the majority of you here need to stop loitering around luring victims into a pyramid scheme
acting like you have credibility or integrity when you have NONE.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Fademigo

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 12:26:51 PM

Any currency can be a pyrimid scheme. If there is no body buying the US dollar, it is worth zero to us.
Bemerand

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 01:15:05 PM

Any currency can be a pyrimid scheme. If there is no body buying the US dollar, it is worth zero to us.

The fiats are supposed to be backed by the governments. But their values are decreasing all the time.

88.36255237114% of all ICO's are SCAMS
Washika

Activity: 332

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:19:17 PM

The fiats are supposed to be backed by the governments. But their values are decreasing all the time.

That is one of the ways the government tax the ordinary people. Oridnary saves will lose due to inflation.
asrilani

Activity: 206

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:25:59 AM

That is one of the ways the government tax the ordinary people. Oridnary saves will lose due to inflation.

This happens in every country. The governments use high inflation to make people poor, this happens in Argentina.
Unilevear

Activity: 102

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 07:00:08 PM

The bitcoin and the Ethereum are two different coins for different purpose. Bitcoin is a currency for universal usage.
Fademigo

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:09:02 AM

The bitcoin and the Ethereum are two different coins for different purpose. Bitcoin is a currency for universal usage.

So in terms of price appraciation, the bitcoin has more potential? But the Ethereum is still just less than a year old.
asrilani

Activity: 206

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:01:18 PM

The price of Ethereum has dropped below $8 now. Do some people still think Ethereum is the future? I think they both have future.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 03:13:12 PM

The price of Ethereum has dropped below $8 now. Do some people still think Ethereum is the future? I think they both have future.

I don't think Ethereum can surpass bitcoin but I do believe that it has a good future. Cheesy We couldn't assure things though.

Bought

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:30:17 PM

I don't think Ethereum can surpass bitcoin but I do believe that it has a good future. Cheesy We couldn't assure things though.

It will be interesting to watch and see if ethereum will be able to recover in the coming weeks/months. I wonder if vitalik never sold his 25% share of coins then would ethereum still be dumping right now? Good timing for him maybe but not so good for ether.

bitbite111

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:48:31 PM

Ether's arbitrary gas limit solution will be its downfall. Vitalik is overrated.
bitbite111

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:49:35 PM

Ether's arbitrary gas limit solution will be its downfall. Vitalik is overrated.

Vitalk is no genius in my books.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: