Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:22:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not.  (Read 116467 times)
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 03:50:01 PM

It's pretty hard to believe anyone after analysing the present situation there definitely a wrong purpose to comparison of the Ethereum VS Bitcoin.Bitcoin has a strong position and called the father of other cryptocurrency.Though it's fair to say that the currency is performing well at all time.Yes,Ethereum, Monero and other crypto-currencies has also a great future but it not right time to differ themself.Now just only predicted that Ethereum is the crypto currency which has the most potential that's why it could be possible to see it overtake Bitcoin in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoderman

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

Swinging from buildings in my spare time.

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 03:53:23 PM

Bitcoin is a currency and Ethereum is a smart contracts platform (NOT A CURRENCY) so you can't compare the two. Both need to exist and we need more solutions to other problems. Thankfully we have plenty of ICOs to cover those areas. I'm sure we'll see much more...
Eamorr

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:03:06 PM

Bitcoin is a currency and Ethereum is a smart contracts platform (NOT A CURRENCY) so you can't compare the two. Both need to exist and we need more solutions to other problems. Thankfully we have plenty of ICOs to cover those areas. I'm sure we'll see much more...

Factually incorrect.

As well as value store and faster/cheaper value transfer, Ethereum also does value programability (designed in from first principles - i.e. not a bolt-on).

Ethereum has some of Bitcoin's primitive libraries at its heart (the good stuff) but has learned from Bitcoin, re-architected and reimagined cryptocurrency.

It has also reimagined its people and has catalysed a vibrant community of incredibly diverse people.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:16:07 PM

Factually incorrect.

As well as value store and faster/cheaper value transfer, Ethereum also does value programability (designed in from first principles - i.e. not a bolt-on).

Ethereum has some of Bitcoin's primitive libraries at its heart (the good stuff) but has learned from Bitcoin, re-architected and reimagined cryptocurrency.

It has also reimagined its people and has catalysed a vibrant community of incredibly diverse people.

He is correct.
And the "fuel tokens" have no intention of "beating" Bitcoin.
You are full of shit and simply made up a slop of crap the dev never claimed.
It's been posted endlessly why ETH can not compete with BTC but you shill's just ignore it and post lies and rail on with it all.
I already had to look up your post history in the past.. i had you red-flagged.

Roach posted the best technical explanation in layman's terms i seen here before why BTC can not be dethroned by "Fuel Tokens"

FUD first & ask questions later™
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 11:08:49 PM

If the OP really thinks than ethereum is the future of crypto then bitcoin should be there too not outside, eth price changes as often as bitcoin price changed, so if bitcoin fails (which I doubt) then ethereum value will be crash for sure (if not zero)!
Eamorr

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 11:43:57 PM

Factually incorrect.

He is correct.
And the "fuel tokens" have no intention of "beating" Bitcoin.
You are full of shit and simply made up a slop of crap the dev never claimed.
It's been posted endlessly why ETH can not compete with BTC but you shill's just ignore it and post lies and rail on with it all.
I already had to look up your post history in the past.. i had you red-flagged.

Roach posted the best technical explanation in layman's terms i seen here before why BTC can not be dethroned by "Fuel Tokens"

Wow. Why so spiky?

You do realise that there are many trying to copy Ethereum using Bitcoin as the "fuel token"?

I've yet to see a VM implementation come anywhere close to Ethereum in terms of performance, security, trust and robustness.
jmpFCE2

Activity: 157

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 05:19:42 PM

https://etherscan.io/chart/hashrate

see for yourself peewee's

What do you think will happen after the poor attempts for shitcoins ; ETC , Zcash , XMR and such
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 08:20:04 PM

Its been a miles away before Ethereum can surpass for what the bitcoin price have now. Though I believe ethereum has a good future of crypto, but not  to overcome the Bitcoin. Maybe in some other ways, and bitcoin is the no.1 digital currency and Eth is not, and which of these two are strong enough and getting more stronger in reality happen now..I guess everybody here know the answer.
I think you are right and I agree with you. And I also want to add that bitcoin is like American dollar of the crypto. Many people use bitcoin extensively. look at the service section of this forum. Have you ever seen a service with the payment of ethereum? Maybe one or two not too many. Ethereum will never catch bitcoin.
Eamorr

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 01:05:24 AM

Its been a miles away before Ethereum can surpass for what the bitcoin price have now. Though I believe ethereum has a good future of crypto, but not  to overcome the Bitcoin. Maybe in some other ways, and bitcoin is the no.1 digital currency and Eth is not, and which of these two are strong enough and getting more stronger in reality happen now..I guess everybody here know the answer.
I think you are right and I agree with you. And I also want to add that bitcoin is like American dollar of the crypto. Many people use bitcoin extensively. look at the service section of this forum. Have you ever seen a service with the payment of ethereum? Maybe one or two not too many. Ethereum will never catch bitcoin.

If Ethereum doesn't surpass Bitcoin's market cap in 2017, we might as well consider it a failure.

My gut feeling is that Ethereum will be successful in reaching this first milestone and go beyond that which Bitcoin managed to achieve.
Unilevear

Activity: 102

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:00:19 AM

Its been a miles away before Ethereum can surpass for what the bitcoin price have now. Though I believe ethereum has a good future of crypto, but not  to overcome the Bitcoin. Maybe in some other ways, and bitcoin is the no.1 digital currency and Eth is not, and which of these two are strong enough and getting more stronger in reality happen now..I guess everybody here know the answer.

If Ethereum doesn't surpass Bitcoin's market cap in 2017, we might as well consider it a failure.

My gut feeling is that Ethereum will be successful in reaching this first milestone and go beyond that which Bitcoin managed to achieve.

No so. The market cap of bitcoin will be higher than Eth for long time to come.
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:47:17 PM

I really like of Ethereum, but how can be the future of crypto? Let's see, Bitcoin is our gold! For its value, its ballast on top of other coins and rarity! Ethereum would be our currency? Well, there is indeed inflation! It's an inflationary token! But what about its instability? I think the currency for crypto is being created! Ethereum should focus fully on its platform and offer the best service possible! As a platform, yes, Ethereum is absolute and deserves a place in the sun!

Ethereum is mainly good for smart contracts.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:22:18 PM

I believe that etherium is a new crypto currency but I am a strong bitcoin believer and for now I will remain loyal to btc. For a long time in digital currency user bitcoin wasn't failing me specially in everytime I sell my holdings and brings profit to me exactly. Foundation of bitcoin is my reason to stand strong on my belief for it so still bitcoin is my future of crypto not that etherium and it could not describe whole things about bitcoin performance, specially from previous days this month and it's really an history of bitcoin.

voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 09:04:15 PM

I do believe ethereum has a good future in crypto world when the right times comes. But it doesn't Bitcoin don't have future, if you are going to check the status between Bitcoin and ethereum at the present now it is almost 1160$  price of bitcoin and eth was 0.01BTC. Now tell me is this what you think that bitcoin don't have a future though the value of bitcoin to eth was mile, miles away unto it.  Oh come on! You've  got to be kidding me.
Eamorr

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:09:10 PM

I do believe ethereum has a good future in crypto world when the right times comes. But it doesn't Bitcoin don't have future, if you are going to check the status between Bitcoin and ethereum at the present now it is almost 1160$  price of bitcoin and eth was 0.01BTC. Now tell me is this what you think that bitcoin don't have a future though the value of bitcoin to eth was mile, miles away unto it.  Oh come on! You've  got to be kidding me.

Are you like 17 going on 12?
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 12:09:00 AM

Nothing has been decides yet in the crypto currency wars, bitcoin is still ahead but if at some point a revolutionary coin appears it may no longer be the top dog anymore, so the only thing we can do at the moment id to wait and see.
nillohit

Activity: 154

***crypto trader***

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 07:37:24 AM

ha ha what are you talking man  Grin It's right that Ethereum is an attractive coin, but, it's an alt-coin. Bitcoin is the mother of all coins ...... No one can stop the success of Bitcoin.

П    |⧛ ☛  Join the signature campaign and earn free PI daily!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         ☛  PiCoin - get in now  ✅     ☛ No ICO!  ✅          |⧛
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 08:41:48 AM

No one can judge which coin will be the future. At present bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency that is available in market. You can judge from its price itself.I am not saying it will remain like that . If any coin comes with better features than bitcoin ,there is a chance that it can overtake bitcoin in the race. But it will take time to overtake bitcoin. As of now bitcoin is the leader and it will continue to lead. Ether is also
a good coin with great potential but its nothing infront of bitcoin.
Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 08:43:20 AM

ha ha what are you talking man  Grin It's right that Ethereum is an attractive coin, but, it's an alt-coin. Bitcoin is the mother of all coins ...... No one can stop the success of Bitcoin.

That is right. That is the reason why the market cap of bitcoin is the largest.

JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 10:04:10 AM

No one can judge which coin will be the future. At present bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency that is available in market. You can judge from its price itself.I am not saying it will remain like that . If any coin comes with better features than bitcoin ,there is a chance that it can overtake bitcoin in the race. But it will take time to overtake bitcoin. As of now bitcoin is the leader and it will continue to lead. Ether is also
I don't think in the next 5-10 years there will be any coin which is going to beat bitcoin. And also about features as far as I know most of the people who invested in bitcoin don't even care for features they only see the past rate and present rate and blindly invest in bitcoins. And if you see there are actually many coins out there who has better features but are struggling.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 10:11:26 AM

I don't think in the next 5-10 years there will be any coin which is going to beat bitcoin. And also about features as far as I know most of the people who invested in bitcoin don't even care for features they only see the past rate and present rate and blindly invest in bitcoins. And if you see there are actually many coins out there who has better features but are struggling.
It is because better tech can't kill bitcoin. The only thing that really matter is initial distribution of coin. Do you think that new altcoin even with great technical specs could have that?
With dubious background or shady developing team no altcoin can be good. Heck, we have coins developed by really great people but they can't manage to distribute coin in a perfect way.
Prime example is Zcash -  technical aspects of that coin are not important if you need to pay 20% tax from every mined coin to support early investors/share holders.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: