Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:16:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not.  (Read 116471 times)
flekkelek

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:42:33 PM

I don't think so if the ethereum is the future of crypto. Because as I can see now ethereum was not in the half price of bitcoin. But there's a possibility I think it takes time to happen it. Maybe it depends to the fluctuation of both coins in the market.

The market cap of ETH is more than 50% of bitcoin now.
LOL. What are you talking about? It is clearly that Bitcoin marketcap is higher than ethereum. Take a look again please. Do not try to make yourself as a fool here
That's what he said. Market cap of eth is half of the bitcoin's market cap. So yes, Bitcoin's market cap is higher than eth's.

Do you all meaning of marketcap as coin then ETH has double the coin around the market then of Bitcoins and Bitcoin have the limit of maximum coin supply. So what ever you are all telling are just replying it without collecting full details about the coin supply of both coins.
No. Market Capitalization. The total worth of a coin in dollars.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:09:05 AM

I don't think so if the ethereum is the future of crypto. Because as I can see now ethereum was not in the half price of bitcoin. But there's a possibility I think it takes time to happen it. Maybe it depends to the fluctuation of both coins in the market.

LOL. What are you talking about? It is clearly that Bitcoin marketcap is higher than ethereum. Take a look again please. Do not try to make yourself as a fool here

Bitcoin market cap is currently at $39.8 billion USD

Ethereum market cap is $17.4 billion USD

So the market cap of Ethereum is 43.7% of Bitcoin.  Not that far off from your friend's approximation above.
genos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:48:46 AM

So the market cap of Ethereum is 43.7% of Bitcoin.  Not that far off from your friend's approximation above.

yeah it's different 7 point to called more than 50%. Not too far but market cap of bitcoin still higher. Many people predict that ethereum will collapse bitcoin in the cryptocurrency world in the future, in my point of view it's depending on how growth both of them.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
erick94

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:45:14 AM

yeah it's different 7 point to called more than 50%. Not too far but market cap of bitcoin still higher. Many people predict that ethereum will collapse bitcoin in the cryptocurrency world in the future, in my point of view it's depending on how growth both of them.
If bitcoin grows stronger than eth i am sure bitcoin will be very hard to destroy eth

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
Monumental

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:17:17 AM

If bitcoin grows stronger than eth i am sure bitcoin will be very hard to destroy eth

More people are using ETH now as the transaction fee is much lower.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:34:27 AM

More people are using ETH now as the transaction fee is much lower.

haha, don't fool yourself. nobody uses ethereum apart from traders and those gamblers who want to gamble with a new ICO since they are forced to only invest in it with ether tokens.

and besides if the lower fees are what you or your imaginary people want then any altcoin is better than ether. go check out LTC or even DOGE or RDD and see how ridiculously low their fees are compared to the 50 US cents fee of ether transaction fee. Cheesy

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
btcmerich

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:13:07 PM

ETH future of crypto??? hahaha i hope not

First of all i am sure most people still remember the whole fuck up  with DAO and how many lost money on that.  ETH is getting value because of all the bullshit ICO now are ETH based
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:20:11 PM

I dont think Ethereum is the future of cryptocurrencies. Because bitcoin is currently increasing its price and growing daily. Even ethereum is also increasing its price but bitcoin has more users.
NoiseBoy

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:36:02 PM

This post is the gift that keeps on giving. I'm not sure what my favorite part is: the fact that the OP had a post count of (1) at the time, or the fact that the market cap of Ethereum today is 3X that of bitcoin at the time of original posting.

It's both. My favorite part is both.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:19:04 PM

This post is the gift that keeps on giving. I'm not sure what my favorite part is: the fact that the OP had a post count of (1) at the time, or the fact that the market cap of Ethereum today is 3X that of bitcoin at the time of original posting.

It's both. My favorite part is both.

OP was ahead of his time haha

I am still pretty new to Ethereum and the actual technical differences between it and Bitcoin aside from the popularity contest.

As long as cryptocurrencies becomes fairly liquid (in terms of fiat) I think that there will be a revolving door of what is popular at the moment.  Right now it's not particularly easy for the average dude to get cryptocurrencies...you definitely have to go out of your way to do it.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 06:45:37 PM

Bitcoin is the future crypto and ethereum is the second one if  you are reading this bitcoin is the first currency that been made and etheruem is just altcoin who is depending on bitcoin also the price is and I can assured that bitcoin will be the future crypto since the adoption of bitcoin in each country are already begone.

ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:55:25 PM

What do you think about Minereum? I have read some posts about, and bought some MNE... I guess many of Ethereum user are original "stakeholder"?

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:48:15 AM

ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.

Do you mean that the price alone determines whether a thing would be future? I don't think so. There have been so many fuss about this ethereum thing, though I wouldn't deny the fact that it is interesting, but most of the news about it seems to be overrated and exaggerated.
When it comes into businesses or marketing, competition is allowed for the strongest to take the lead, yeah, ETH has been a good project from time, but in this instance  coming to knock Bitcoin out  will not be that easy to accomplish.
ETH has made great progress but bitcoin keeps being on the top and I don’t see a reason at least at the moment why we should be worried about it, and even if it gets close I don’t see why the developers and the miners will just stay still and allow that to happen.
coinits
Legendary

Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:52:34 AM

Neither are. New tech coming to replace blockchain that is scalable and small footprint.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
CryptoMensch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 03:10:48 AM

Too bad that BTC didn't react on time, now is a little bit too late

BANCOR
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 05:07:57 PM

POW to POS transition is very important for Ethereum to thrive.

marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 05:18:14 PM

I dont think Ethereum is the future of cryptocurrencies. Because bitcoin is currently increasing its price and growing daily. Even ethereum is also increasing its price but bitcoin has more users.

Yes, Ethereum is a future currency but it cannot beat the bitcoin because bitcoin has a strong stability where it has a strong growth where people have lot of confidence on it. Ethereum is another currency after bitcoin which will secure it's value in coming days.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:47:56 PM

Even if there is a delay in things in rectifying the issues bitcoin is having when it comes to transaction delays not only Ethereum none of the coins will catch up with bitcoin,i can understand why you think that the price rally in Ethereum made you think that it would catch bitcoin,but check out the price it is ten fold from ETH .
majeed

Activity: 526
Merit: 253

Damn

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:39:46 PM

World and the media are still supporting bitcoin. most of the people do not know what it ethereum yet and they will choose bitcoin instead of ethereum. Only truth investors who have a good knowledge about the blockchain will choose ethereum
coinits
Legendary

Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:41:06 PM

World and the media are still supporting bitcoin. most of the people do not know what it ethereum yet and they will choose bitcoin instead of ethereum. Only truth investors who have a good knowledge about the blockchain will choose ethereum

Until technology comes along that renders the blockchain a dinosaur. HINT: It is coming within the next 60 days.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: