Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:15:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not.  (Read 116470 times)
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:17:26 AM

Too many rich people holding BTC.They will make sure BTC is the dominant cryptocurrency for the coming years.
ETH will have its own place in the crypto space.
I think ETH will be more used in the future because ETH has a lot of good features and is very convenient in dealing with low cost. I'm sure one day ETH will overtake BTC and become cryptocurrency the world's leading

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:29:43 PM

Too many rich people holding BTC.They will make sure BTC is the dominant cryptocurrency for the coming years.
I think ETH will be more used in the future because ETH has a lot of good features and is very convenient in dealing with low cost. I'm sure one day ETH will overtake BTC and become cryptocurrency the world's leading
I do not find any convenience with Etherum to be frank,it might be good for developers who could raise a good amount of money and in return gives them tokens. Grin and when it comes to the charges, transaction charges have increased and by no means it will over take bitcoin from its crown as i really do not see Ethereum as a currency.
Raven91

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:40:30 PM

ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.
I guess it is but we can see the progress i guess and the bitcoin segwit is already successful they will be having a huge pump i guess in the market this coming month and i guess this will be a sign that bitcoin is still no. 1 cryptocurrency in a high price it is still pumping.
Slimcoin Community

Activity: 37
Merit: 2

First Proof of Burn currency / Community account

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:47:25 PM

Ethereum has achieved a nice network effect. That's why I consider it to be one of the cryptocurrencies that most "future" should have.

But its USP is smart contracts - and smart contracts will be added to Bitcoin once Rootstock fully works. Maybe that will change when Casper is ready - then ETH has also the USP as the "biggest PoS altcoin".
Sarah08

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:49:26 PM

ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.
I guess i gonna go with the bitcoin here ethereum is a good coin and i guess the best in investment because of its average price in the market when could still go up but i beleive even in a high price could still go up to its limit and make it to the top.
Pfizer

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:12:09 AM

Ethereum has achieved a nice network effect. That's why I consider it to be one of the cryptocurrencies that most "future" should have.

But its USP is smart contracts - and smart contracts will be added to Bitcoin once Rootstock fully works. Maybe that will change when Casper is ready - then ETH has also the USP as the "biggest PoS altcoin".

Smart contracts will never be added to bitcoin, please don't spread FUD in the forum. Bitcoin is a different structure than ether. It seems bitcoin haters came together under the thread but this won't work.

I personnally don't/won't support smart contracts on bitcoin. They're very proned to errors.
The Monkey King

Activity: 284

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:55:30 AM

What kind of statement is that?Bitcoin is very different from ether and it is impossible for the eth to become better than bitcoin as it is already known by many users around the world.Yes eth is also considered as a cryptocurrency but it is way more different to bitcoin. Tongue
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 09:52:17 AM

Complexity is inverse to security

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/07/22/olga-feldmeier-ethereum-parity-security-breach-cause-concern/

But bitcoin BScore works massively for your guys....

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
cjnmoh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:18:52 AM

Bitcoin has just taken a rest. Everybody should hold with patience. Because one-day you get the price of $5,00,000 per Bitcoin. Ethereum has already caught this foot step. I thing both of these currency can give you a good return in future.
MakaveliTheDon
Copper Member

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 10:31:36 AM

You can not even compare Bitcoin and Ethereum! Bitcoin is a store-of-value and it is (and I think will stay) #1 pure cryptocurrency. But you NEED Ethereum or some other kind of blockchain platform like Lisk, Wave, Ardor, Neo etc. so new products can be build which will utilise blockchain tech for new forms of insurances companies, voting systems, KYC/AML platforms, gaming systems ... You need platforms like this to bring REAL value to bitcoin, you need massive adoption, you need to cross the chasm ... so I think Bitcoin is here to stay, and so is Ethereum. If Ethereum will solve its problems (with sharding and Casper) and it gets used to build real projects which will be useful to average joe, who doesn't understand crpyto at all (and doesn't need to) it could become bigger than Bitcoin.

VERITY.NETWORK | Decentralized oracle for smart contracts | Try our ALPHA and earn rewards
Walkman90

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:32:15 AM

Bitcoin is the Future! I doubt that something like an ethereum will be stronger than a bitcoin
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:49:02 AM

For my opinion, ethereum can't surpass the bitcoin. There are many reason why the bitcoin will stay no.1 in the cryptocurrency world. First the bitcoin is the strongest cryptocurrency world, the second is the bitcoin is the most popular digital currency. Eth can't surpass the bitcoin.

Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:26:24 AM

For my opinion, ethereum can't surpass the bitcoin. There are many reason why the bitcoin will stay no.1 in the cryptocurrency world. First the bitcoin is the strongest cryptocurrency world, the second is the bitcoin is the most popular digital currency. Eth can't surpass the bitcoin.
You have a point. Eth doesn't have enough power to surpass the bitcoin. We all know that the bitcoin is more powerful and more popular to the cryptocurrency world so I think there is no chance that the Eth will surpass the bitcoin.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:47:14 AM

How come people talk like that? When bitcoin is the father of all cryptocurrency. Ethereum is just almost a copy to bitcoin but with different features. No other alt-coins can surpass bitcoin it will take a hundreds of times no - maybe thousands to ultimately surpass bitcoin.

dobolspeed2

Activity: 241

TLS Group

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:13:24 PM

Ethereum is a good coin, but what do you think in comparing ethereum with bitcoin? It's definitely a bitcoin that will win. Even ethereum can not be equated and compared with bitcoin. Bitcoin is already at different levels.

▬▬[  Tlsgroup.io  ]▬▬[Cryptocurrency Investment Fund]▬ 
▌ Cryptocurrency Mining Infrastructure ▐
▬▬| Twitter  | Telegram  | Linkedin  | Instagram   | Facebook| ▬▬
Esenhowell

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:33:55 AM

Ethereum is a good coin, but what do you think in comparing ethereum with bitcoin? It's definitely a bitcoin that will win. Even ethereum can not be equated and compared with bitcoin. Bitcoin is already at different levels.

The bitcoin has more deep pocket investors at the moment. But it might split, so it might lose in the long term.
tanghere02

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:42:17 AM

The bitcoin has more deep pocket investors at the moment. But it might split, so it might lose in the long term.

There is a possibility it might lose in the long run but as of now bitcoin is still in its rightful position and the split is just another way of bitcoin to be dominant compared to other cryptocoin. It also is highly impossible for bitcoin to lose its power because it has been there for how many years and a lot of big investors have invested in bitcoin too so I doubt they would allow bitcoin to just lose it. Bitcoin and Ethereum are also incomparable because they have different projects.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
Jens79

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 09:14:57 AM

agree to that. due to the possibilities of ETH it will have a great future.
Adykingcity

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:34:07 AM

Soon we will see the position of bitcoin at number 2, and ETH is the top one, I really do not like to use bitcoin, long transaction and big cost. Unlike ETH, the transaction is easy and the cost is very cheap
Warry

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 02:22:53 PM

Actually, Altcoin is the future of crypto, Bitcoin is not. As Bitcoin has so much disavantages revently, we all know that Bitcoin will not go any further.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: