Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:56:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not.  (Read 116465 times)
OneUserOne

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:25:33 PM

Better not to compare the two, because as I understand both coins. They have different purpose or goal. Bitcoin aims to disrupt Paypal and online banking. Bitcoin is like a digital gold, offering a monetary system free from inflation and intervention of government. While Ethereum has the goal of using a blockchain to replace internet third parties - those that store data. In short, Ehtereum wants to be the World computer. Though Ethereum allows faster transactions than Bitcoin. But we cannot say that Ethereum is better in all aspect. Bitcoin will never be in the first place in coinmarketcap if its not better in all cryptos.

I agree. These two cryptos could not be compared in any way. To show the difference let's compare in terms of the cost of transactions. If in Ethereum it is called Gas and the cost is estimated based on storage conditions, complexity and use of bandwidth, in Bitcoin the cost of transactions depends on the block size. So, to say, for sure, which crypto is the future of the crypto world, two of the cryptos should be relatively similar.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TK14

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:26:27 PM

if bitcoin is dead, altcoins will be dead too
Compradora

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:32:15 PM

ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.

ETH and BTC coin have a good reputation , this two has a good value . This two coin has a important role in cryptocurrencies world.
For me, bitcoin will always remain №1 currency. ETH is really popular currency, but it seems to me that all who will bet on a long period will lose their money. ETH laid in inflation and in the future it will lose its price.

Both has the kings of the crypto world. This is not debatable for me. Bitcoin acts like the fiat currency of the market, while ethereum acts like the functional part of the market with smart contracts and ERC20 technology.
Faiyz

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Dijual

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:06:14 AM

BTC and ETH are both good currency . Although ETH value increase rapidly but still the BTC is the best and #1 currency as of now. This two have a major role and purpose in Cryptocurrency world .
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:54:41 AM

ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.
Sometimes it is funny to see old posts, and see people that thought that bitcoin was never going to reach 10 dollars or something, but to think that someone thought that The DAO was going to be a breakthrough, when it was what caused the division between ETH and ETC and BTC still reigns supreme despite all the prognostics that said that it will not.
EdfuJihad

Activity: 169

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:02:41 AM

The current price of some coin will not determine the price of its future. As seen in graphs ETH is rising but not constantly. Even now BTC is rising gradually. Every coin somehow affect other coins but not tell the future of the other coins. The value of coins today does not tell the value of coins tomorrow if that is the case. Every one would be rich by now.
exapted

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:17:53 AM

I agree that Ethereum has a strong future, but the implications of ideas behind this thread are long on more than just Ethereum. Issues of regulations, national borders, scalability, resilience, etc. will altogether lead to a diversity of blockchains, not a market completely dominated by one blockchain. Maybe Ethereum will be the leader and have 30% of the market (for example), so I'm not saying that the nature of industry in an economy will fundamentally change. But, Ethereum is not a fundamental set of truths, there are other ways to do similar things, and there are incentives to both create and use new blockchains. I'm long on Ethereum, NEO, Bancor, Cosmos, Polkadot...
pinkliar

Activity: 262

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:18:54 AM

this two are in a top but they have different characteristic and we must not compare it they have let say eth can replace btc but I don't think so it would happen. cause as the time pass by I see btc as a number crypto.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
imabauss

Activity: 104

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:47:03 AM

Sometimes it is funny to see old posts, and see people that thought that bitcoin was never going to reach 10 dollars or something, but to think that someone thought that The DAO was going to be a breakthrough, when it was what caused the division between ETH and ETC and BTC still reigns supreme despite all the prognostics that said that it will not.
Smiley))) Remember 2015 many people quit from this world just because they see price drop too low.

db71

Activity: 85

Dutch CORION Provider

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 09:31:36 AM

Bitcoin will always be a great cryptocurrency, but with the time is takes to get confirmations, it will never be possible to buy instantly with it...

Dutch CORION Provider Introducing CORION crypto to the consumer market!
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 09:35:36 AM

ETH and BTC coin have a good reputation , this two has a good value . This two coin has a important role in cryptocurrencies world.
For me, bitcoin will always remain №1 currency. ETH is really popular currency, but it seems to me that all who will bet on a long period will lose their money. ETH laid in inflation and in the future it will lose its price.

You're misleading many with your comment because ETH is not a currency. It is much more friendly for business development and it has its own programming language. With adoption the value of ETH will only go up. I'm pissed of about FUD around Ethereum and time will show that you were wrong. You will remember this comment after 10 years.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Bybox

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:36:14 AM

Bitcoin will always be a great cryptocurrency, but with the time is takes to get confirmations, it will never be possible to buy instantly with it...
Bitcoin is like gold so it is always useful  
GazorpPozorpec

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:43:11 AM

I disagree with the author of a topic, I think it is a different coin and they both have a right to life.

╔◎      TwitterBounty ┃   [WHITEPAPER]MediumFacebook      ◎╗
╠══════════◎════◎════◎    LeadRex    ◎════◎════◎═══════════╣
╚◎       RedditTelegram[ANN Thread]YoutubeLinkedin       ◎╝
onyebuchi81

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:06:16 PM

i am replying to this thread not to comment on the comparison b/w ethereum and bitcoin but as a food for thought for those people labeling some altcoins as shitcoin.this thread was started in 2015.at that time ethereum was value at $2.most of the member[mostly legendary members] that replied to this thread label ethereum a shitcoin and even insulted the author of the thread probably because he was a newbie then.some even told him to bet his whole investment on it since he believed this much in ethereum.he predicted ethereum will be around $150 in three years. fastforwad 2 years later ethereum had reach an ATH of $400 .so dont let anboby tell u a coin will fail or that its a shitcoin.if u believe in any project dont let anybody talk u out of investing in it be it a legendary member or whoever.just buy and HODL.SOMEDAY u will reap the benefit of ur conviction
kambaralikhan

Activity: 378

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:44:13 PM

Ethereum is no doubt a good cryptocurrency and yes has very high chances to be a very demanding cryptocurrency but I think Bitcoin will always retain a first mover advantage, will always stay one step ahead. Bitcoin and Ethereum both will be highly demanding cryptocurrencies in future.

richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:45:05 PM

i am replying to this thread not to comment on the comparison b/w ethereum and bitcoin but as a food for thought for those people labeling some altcoins as shitcoin.this thread was started in 2015.at that time ethereum was value at $2.most of the member[mostly legendary members] that replied to this thread label ethereum a shitcoin and even insulted the author of the thread probably because he was a newbie then.some even told him to bet his whole investment on it since he believed this much in ethereum.he predicted ethereum will be around $150 in three years. fastforwad 2 years later ethereum had reach an ATH of $400 .so dont let anboby tell u a coin will fail or that its a shitcoin.if u believe in any project dont let anybody talk u out of investing in it be it a legendary member or whoever.just buy and HODL.SOMEDAY u will reap the benefit of ur conviction
I agree to your point. But when the market is getting bigger day by day and lots of new coins are entering the market. It becomes tough to judge a coin. I agree those members called ETH a shit coin, but don't forget they must be newbie at that time. They might not understand the market and also competition was less, so chances for growing were good. But now there are so many shit and scam coins that betting on a popular coin is safe unless you understand the market completely. Those members were favoring Bitcoin at that time and they weren't wrong as well as Bitcoin has also risen to a good extent since then.
aborjin

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:51:50 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2017, 03:28:25 AM by aborjin

I think your future crypto is ethereum. Because bitcoin is too old.Also the bitcoin is too slow to shop.But survives if it is renewable.it is very important to keep up with the time.

.▄███     ██████     ███▄
██████   ███████   ██████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
  ██████████████████████
   █████████  ████████
    ██████    ██████
    ███████    ██████
   █████████  █████████
  ██████████████████████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
██████   ██████   ██████
 ▀███     ██████     ███▀
IMPRESSIO     ▄███████████████▄
     ██             ██
     ▀███████████████▀
           ██ ██
           ██ ██
       ▄▄█████████▄▄ ▄███▄
    ▄███▀▀       ▀▀████ ▀██▄
  ▄██▀   ▄▄█████▄▄   ▀██▄ ██
 ▄██  ▄███  █  █████▄  ██▄█▀
 ██  ███         █████  ██
██  ██████  ███   █████  ██
██  ██████  ▀▀▀  ▄█████  ██
██  ██████  ▄▄▄▄  █████  ██
██  ██████  ████   ████  ██
 ██  ███          ████  ██
 ▀██  ▀███  █  █████▀  ██▀
  ▀██▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:32:33 PM

I agree to your point. But when the market is getting bigger day by day and lots of new coins are entering the market. It becomes tough to judge a coin. I agree those members called ETH a shit coin, but don't forget they must be newbie at that time. They might not understand the market and also competition was less, so chances for growing were good. But now there are so many shit and scam coins that betting on a popular coin is safe unless you understand the market completely. Those members were favoring Bitcoin at that time and they weren't wrong as well as Bitcoin has also risen to a good extent since then.
Our world is full of competition, we can't says who's still stand in the end. For now bitcoin is the king of crypto currency world, but how about in the future? Though I believe to the potential of bitcoin and their adaption skills. However, ethereum is also potential coin with own ability to survive in any problems. That's why for me both of this coins is the future of crypto currency world.
Maybe we only need to understand the capability of both coins, their strength and weakness to lessen the doubt of anyone in bitcoin and ethereum.
kambaralikhan

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:42:51 PM

I don't think so, There is no doubt that Ethereum is a strong cryptocurrency but Bitcoin will always one step ahead of all altcoins. Bitcoin will always retain the first mover advantage.

mjsocool

Activity: 181

https://rangersprotocol.com/

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:54:02 PM

ethereum is better than bitcoin but which who dont known much about crypto world they only known bitcoin.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: