Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:58:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized!  (Read 547541 times)
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:10:56 PM

We need volume on exchanges, otherwise miners will go away and shift will die with natural death.

And we dont care. We will still continue do develop. How about that mr expert. Now, lead, follow or get out of the way..

Kind regards

I don't know what's your point (I only described a certain rule in cryptos), but if your attitude to members of community is like you wrote above, so good luck.

really we only need 1 miner to keep the block going and 1 node ( or one solo miner ) I am glad the price is falling  it driving away large miner that have no interest in the coin and only want to mine and dump

have to remember that if you have more GPU power , you only get larger piece of the pie ... you dont get more coin.
It would be better if the 10 or so member that care about this coin could all mine with 1 gpu card each or CPU .... save power and still get the same ammount of coin

Your comment is a bit messed up, but nevermind.

Remeber, that in the end of the day someone has to buy your coins, otherwise you'll become a loser.

This is the first time i say this to anyone in this thread, and i always try to treat people with respect. But you are amongst the most ignorant person on bitcointalk, jesus fucking christ.

You can say what you want about me, but please don't mix Jesus with bitcontalk and your project (you can hurt someone's feelings).

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Teka

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:04:27 PM

Don't they require a website for adding a coin?

Pretty much done, http://46.101.129.58/#home

Did EXP had a website or a block explorer when they got added, the answer is NO. This is just absurd.

Cool, the font is hard to read in the FAQ section though.

I believed EXP had a website when added. I read EXP team have their entries at Polo, so that would explain it. Now, that makes me question Poloniex's impartiality...

Yes, Im waiting for the questions to be done and then I will work on the FAQ section. Aside from that its all done.
ShiftTeam (OP)

Activity: 483
Merit: 510

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 06:18:38 PM

We need volume on exchanges, otherwise miners will go away and shift will die with natural death.

And we dont care. We will still continue do develop. How about that mr expert. Now, lead, follow or get out of the way..

Kind regards

I don't know what's your point (I only described a certain rule in cryptos), but if your attitude to members of community is like you wrote above, so good luck.

really we only need 1 miner to keep the block going and 1 node ( or one solo miner ) I am glad the price is falling  it driving away large miner that have no interest in the coin and only want to mine and dump

have to remember that if you have more GPU power , you only get larger piece of the pie ... you dont get more coin.
It would be better if the 10 or so member that care about this coin could all mine with 1 gpu card each or CPU .... save power and still get the same ammount of coin

Remeber, that in the end of the day someone has to buy your coins, otherwise you'll become a loser.

This is the first time i say this to anyone in this thread, and i always try to treat people with respect. But you are amongst the most ignorant person on bitcointalk, jesus fucking christ.

You can say what you want about me, but please don't mix Jesus with bitcontalk and your project (you can hurt someone's feelings).

Yeah, im sorry. Its just that we put alot of work into this... its kind of provoking to believe that we only do this for the money..

Kind regards
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:02:22 PM

Kind regards

Yeah, im sorry. Its just that we put alot of work into this... its kind of provoking to believe that we only do this for the money..

Kind regards

Keep working away and the price will determine itself  Grin  This coin is super cheap right now so if you are in it for the money you may be waiting a while! Also I don't believe this cause nobody is hitting my buy orders  Sad

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:12:44 PM

Mining shift not profitable at the moment, better to mine eth or exp.

no really

EXP - block are about every 2 min or more  (diff is still too high - target meant to be 60 sec) . Current Diff is 550Ghs ? about 4 EXP mine per 1 min
SHIFT  block have been avg around 25-35  . Diff is 50 ghs get about 4 block a min = 3 shift X 4 block = 12 SHIFT a min

So If the Difficulty is around 10X more then Shift .... you earn less then half ..... so the EXP price need to be close to 20X the price of shift

SHF = BTC0.00005000
EXP = BTC0.00016000

EXP need to be closer to BTC0.00100000

Eth is easy to calculate http://badmofo.github.io/ethereum-mining-calculator/

Mining 1 x 280x  per day

Ether = 2.051402 ETHER = BTC0.0050
EXP =Get about 3.5 block X 8 EXP =  28 EXP = BTC0.00448
Shift = about 40 -45 block depends how lucky you are X 3 = 120 SHIFT = BTC0.0060

EXP also releases 1% of 11 million coins every month. So 110,000 coins to developers every month. You could call these coins proof-of-dev mined coins... If developers don't do enough work then they sell the coins for cheaper then PoW miners. If developers do tons of work then they can't sell their coins cheaper then PoW miners.

SHIFT is by far the best to mine. I'm holding my coins for a long time so I don't really see them as worth 0.0060 BTC. I see them worth 120 SHF or 120/2,200,000 of all the coins. Compared to the other you get 2/72,000,000 ETH or 28/14,000,000 EXP. You are getting 10,000x and 100x odds against the other choices.

The SHIFT community is really good so far. This coin is the best buy in all of crypto right now. All the community and devs would have to do is switch to PoS as soon as it's available and tested, make a few of the coolest open source DApps, get 10,000+ or more users and then the coin should be worth over a few million $ marketcap.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:14:00 PM

It's only the PoW that is holding down price. Once this goes PoS we will a top 20 coin. Collect cheap coins if you have the money.

Lovethecoins

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:07:10 PM

It's only the PoW that is holding down price. Once this goes PoS we will a top 20 coin. Collect cheap coins if you have the money.

Is there anything set date on when the switch will take place?

Maverick69

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:19:20 PM

And so, it's not planned to use SHIFT as the ticker any more?
Edkemper

Activity: 462

I love to trade

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:39:09 PM

I'm not reading very often the thread, can someone update shortly about what's going on?
Pow is going to finish? when? thank you

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:42:35 PM

I'm not reading very often the thread, can someone update shortly about what's going on?

No one has invented PoS for Ethereum based coins yet. It might be 1 year or more away.

I would suspect there will be a PoS test net for Ethereum set up way before they officially release it on Ethereum. There is a chance SHF could go PoS within 6 months.

defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 09:10:21 PM

Mining shift not profitable at the moment, better to mine eth or exp.

no really

EXP - block are about every 2 min or more  (diff is still too high - target meant to be 60 sec) . Current Diff is 550Ghs ? about 4 EXP mine per 1 min
SHIFT  block have been avg around 25-35  . Diff is 50 ghs get about 4 block a min = 3 shift X 4 block = 12 SHIFT a min

So If the Difficulty is around 10X more then Shift .... you earn less then half ..... so the EXP price need to be close to 20X the price of shift

SHF = BTC0.00005000
EXP = BTC0.00016000

EXP need to be closer to BTC0.00100000

Eth is easy to calculate http://badmofo.github.io/ethereum-mining-calculator/

Mining 1 x 280x  per day

Ether = 2.051402 ETHER = BTC0.0050
EXP =Get about 3.5 block X 8 EXP =  28 EXP = BTC0.00448
Shift = about 40 -45 block depends how lucky you are X 3 = 120 SHIFT = BTC0.0060

EXP also releases 1% of 11 million coins every month. So 110,000 coins to developers every month. You could call these coins proof-of-dev mined coins... If developers don't do enough work then they sell the coins for cheaper then PoW miners. If developers do tons of work then they can't sell their coins cheaper then PoW miners.

SHIFT is by far the best to mine. I'm holding my coins for a long time so I don't really see them as worth 0.0060 BTC. I see them worth 120 SHF or 120/2,200,000 of all the coins. Compared to the other you get 2/72,000,000 ETH or 28/14,000,000 EXP. You are getting 10,000x and 100x odds against the other choices.

The SHIFT community is really good so far. This coin is the best buy in all of crypto right now. All the community and devs would have to do is switch to PoS as soon as it's available and tested, make a few of the coolest open source DApps, get 10,000+ or more users and then the coin should be worth over a few million $ marketcap.

To be fair we dont sell most of what we get, we use them to stimulate growth and development. Smiley

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
arloseb

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 09:17:53 PM

I'm following this coin.
Unfortunatelly it was the first for a few days.
Now,ETH forks are coming out quickly,and main problem is that there is no pos and no possibility to build nice wallets with feature inside.

So,they all looks similar.

Anyway, good job, and glad dev is still active.

Good luck
Lovethecoins

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 10:51:27 PM

No one has invented PoS for Ethereum based coins yet. It might be 1 year or more away.

I would suspect there will be a PoS test net for Ethereum set up way before they officially release it on Ethereum. There is a chance SHF could go PoS within 6 months.

Yeah I guess can't rush something that isn't created yet! Looking forward to it all

ShiftTeam (OP)

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 06:26:17 AM

Yeah I guess can't rush something that isn't created yet! Looking forward to it all

We will accomplish PoS in less than 6 months for sure. It might take weeks.. a month or two?

Regards
YOLOMAN

Activity: 154
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 07:31:36 AM

We will accomplish PoS in less than 6 months for sure. It might take weeks.. a month or two?

Regards

PoS would be killer.
Keep up the good work dev team i'll be following for updates

ShiftTeam (OP)

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 06:48:35 AM

Regards

PoS would be killer.
Keep up the good work dev team i'll be following for updates

The PoS will be a mix of having a node running.. do not have to be mining but should take part in the network, a coinage on the account with a minimum of (no decided.. 72hours maybe) and a minimum amount that the account holds. The most important part is to actually have a node running that takes part in the p2p network. As you hear.. it is similar to other pos systems, but the payout to nodes is not centralized. There  will also be mining involved.. so it is a hybrid.
chalkboard17

Activity: 484

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:16:42 AM

The PoS will be a mix of having a node running.. do not have to be mining but should take part in the network, a coinage on the account with a minimum of (no decided.. 72hours maybe) and a minimum amount that the account holds. The most important part is to actually have a node running that takes part in the p2p network. As you hear.. it is similar to other pos systems, but the payout to nodes is not centralized. There  will also be mining involved.. so it is a hybrid.
Looks very interesting! I am looking forward to stake my coins while solo mining.
Congratulations on all development so far and I hope Shift will have a bright future.

Speaking of solo mining, does anyone know which graphic card is best to mine shift?

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
lyrecon

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:33:07 PM

Regards
great I will hold my coins longer! And at this price I will buy more too
virikanabuka

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 06:25:29 PM

Hi team,

Why is it saying the following error when no contract has been created?

Code:
[tt][sub][sub]I1011 05:20:01.451406    7140 handler.go:185] Peer c4c7b45d9751f329 [shift/61]: peer connected [SHIFT/v0.4.0/linux/go1.5.1]
I1011 05:20:01.508971    7140 transaction_pool.go:292] tx error: Insufficient funds for gas * price + value
I1011 05:20:01.510020    7140 transaction_pool.go:292] tx error: Insufficient funds for gas * price + value[/sub][/sub][/tt]
trid

Activity: 425

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 05:54:20 AM

The PoS will be a mix of having a node running.. do not have to be mining but should take part in the network, a coinage on the account with a minimum of (no decided.. 72hours maybe) and a minimum amount that the account holds. The most important part is to actually have a node running that takes part in the p2p network. As you hear.. it is similar to other pos systems, but the payout to nodes is not centralized. There  will also be mining involved.. so it is a hybrid.

Nice! Please set decent minimum amount needed for stake. 20k for example, especially in case of hybrid.

btw, what PoS % and PoW reward will be after switch to hybrid mode?
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 314 »
  Print  

Jump to: