Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 05:35:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized!  (Read 547547 times)
psyx80

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:18:02 PM

Hi, guys. Anyone mining at bitcause pool ? Since last 1:33 at night i do not receive payments to my wallet. Got like 24 unpaid coins on pool. Previous times pool payed regularly every 2 hours for 3-4 coins. What happened now ? Cannot find any contact info, web interface very simple.

Shift is rocking upwards. At what block POW switches to hybrid POS/POW ?

Hi dream_miner,

currently there is no hard date or block when the switch to POS will happen. We will consider switching as soon as there is a working implementation for POS available.

We are currently discussing decreasing block rewards / increasing block time in the near future to keep inflation a low as possible while simultaneously giving enough incentive to miners to secure our blockchain. Additionally the nodestaking feature should take a lot of pressure from the market too.

The Phantom development for our new wallet is coming along very nicely, so please check back regularly as we will try to update on the progress and release date as best as we can.

decrease in awards and uvilichenie block of time to kill the coin, if you are now and will continue to be set and the complexity of a set of network power, all will come quickly to the small mining. now I have 4 hours 65 coins and a further 4 days ago it was 250, the network is still rising in the 5 times and there will be a happy hunting ground for the award of tighter capacity.

We are carefully considering all options but seeing as we still have an immature and illiquid market and a very high Roi for miners, the relationship between profitability and price has been very one-sided for a long time.

High profitability has been one of the factors why people extracted a coin, and it was just for a moment, but now it is necessary to keep the bar, our community is not large and it is necessary to have more a lot more, and then it will go faster and better, the market needs support, soft part is important too, do not forget that there are different categories of people among traders and other investors with a long investment, the third POW miners, fourth POS. and for all we must create a pleasant environment. more severe conditions are good when the community is a large and strong, the products are already in the works and so on.

ShiftConnect

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:39:12 PM

High profitability has been one of the factors why people extracted a coin, and it was just for a moment, but now it is necessary to keep the bar, our community is not large and it is necessary to have more a lot more, and then it will go faster and better, the market needs support, soft part is important too, do not forget that there are different categories of people among traders and other investors with a long investment, the third POW miners, fourth POS. and for all we must create a pleasant environment. more severe conditions are good when the community is a large and strong, the products are already in the works and so on.

We have a long line of developments, releases and marketing lined up that we hope will foster an attractive opportunity for everyone from miners to investors to cryptocurrency enthusiasts, but currently we do not have the liquidity to support being the second (or third) most profitable coin to mine worldwide for much longer, so we need to adjust the balance between being profitable to mine and protecting our investors from strong devaluation of their investment.

Miners bring coins to the markets and help price discovery, investors buy those coins and give price stability. That is an ongoing process and we want to show that we support both ideologies Smiley

SHIFT Response Team
psyx80

Activity: 241

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:49:36 PM

We have a long line of developments, releases and marketing lined up that we hope will foster an attractive opportunity for everyone from miners to investors to cryptocurrency enthusiasts, but currently we do not have the liquidity to support being the second (or third) most profitable coin to mine worldwide for much longer, so we need to adjust the balance between being profitable to mine and protecting our investors from strong devaluation of their investment.

Miners bring coins to the markets and help price discovery, investors buy those coins and give price stability. That is an ongoing process and we want to show that we support both ideologies Smiley

totally agree, this is the correct understanding. I just to to keep the balance between the two sides and make a really worthwhile project, there is little good projects, because they all want to make money quickly and to date), but long-term perspective is always beneficial

twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 02:21:41 AM

Is it safe to say that all eth forkes are waiting for eth's code for pos?
mikeymg2

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:22:35 AM

That's a solid strat, no?  Isn't catching what eth drops the primary advantage for an eth fork?  The only reason for the recent drop across the board (including Lisk which isn't even an eth fork) is that the smart contract/dapp technology itself came into question.  Most of the suits investing in these things don't seem to understand how this stuff works.  That's really the only way I can rationalize the way the markets reacted to the DAO event: they became scared of smart contracts as a concept. 

I certainly hope that Shift and Expanse don't do PoS until after Ethereum does.  It makes strategic sense to let Ethereum do the risky innovating and stick to mashing up with other decentralized web services and renaming geth's js namespaces, editing documentation and CMakeLists.txt files.
ShiftConnect

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:50:09 AM

Without a reference Proof of Stake implementation for Ethereum it is close to impossible to change the consensus algorithm.

SHIFT Response Team
ShiftConnect

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:07:51 AM

That's a solid strat, no?  Isn't catching what eth drops the primary advantage for an eth fork?  The only reason for the recent drop across the board (including Lisk which isn't even an eth fork) is that the smart contract/dapp technology itself came into question.  Most of the suits investing in these things don't seem to understand how this stuff works.  That's really the only way I can rationalize the way the markets reacted to the DAO event: they became scared of smart contracts as a concept. 

I certainly hope that Shift and Expanse don't do PoS until after Ethereum does.  It makes strategic sense to let Ethereum do the risky innovating and stick to mashing up with other decentralized web services and renaming geth's js namespaces, editing documentation and CMakeLists.txt files.

Comparing all the existing forks we are the most active in unique development without purely relying on Ethereum's releases.

The difference between other forks and SHIFT is that we are not purely marketing the functionality inherited by forking off Ethereum, which seems to be why the other forks suffered alongside Ethereum with this recent uncertainty.

We have and always will be building our own unique vision of a parallel, decentralized internet instead of advertising functionality that we inherited without adding any value to the crypto ecosystem itself.

SHIFT Response Team
mikeymg2

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 01:22:26 PM

Comparing all the existing forks we are the most active in unique development without purely relying on Ethereum's releases.

The difference between other forks and SHIFT is that we are not purely marketing the functionality inherited by forking off Ethereum, which seems to be why the other forks suffered alongside Ethereum with this recent uncertainty.

We have and always will be building our own unique vision of a parallel, decentralized internet instead of advertising functionality that we inherited without adding any value to the crypto ecosystem itself.

Personally I really like Shift, am mining and buying more than the other forks (and at times even ETH itself).  I would like to see more pull requests upstream from shiftcurrency -> ethereum though if you guys are innovating the tech.  I might even start contributing code myself if that were the case.  I'm a sucker for the underdog Wink.
ShiftConnect

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 02:16:03 PM

Personally I really like Shift, am mining and buying more than the other forks (and at times even ETH itself).  I would like to see more pull requests upstream from shiftcurrency -> ethereum though if you guys are innovating the tech.  I might even start contributing code myself if that were the case.  I'm a sucker for the underdog Wink.

What are your qualifications? We're always looking for talent to add to our team.

SHIFT Response Team
mikeymg2

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:17:14 PM

What are your qualifications? We're always looking for talent to add to our team.

Replied in PM.  Looking forward to hearing from you.
Block By Block

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 03:25:36 PM

I see that SHIFT is aiming to implement it's own version of ZeroNet.
Has the SHIFT Team considered collaborating with the ZN developers?
ShiftConnect

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:36:49 PM

I see that SHIFT is aiming to implement it's own version of ZeroNet.
Has the SHIFT Team considered collaborating with the ZN developers?

Hi Block By Block,

while we are building upon ZeroNet's core idea and development, Phantom extends the capabilities around it.

We have thought about contacting them and when the time is right we will do so.

SHIFT Response Team
Maverick69

Activity: 458

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 01:24:07 PM

If you haven't already, get some free coins from our Facebook giveaway before it's too late!

ShiftConnect

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 01:29:00 PM

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE #3 | JUNE 22

As the week goes by we have been quiet but today is the day we can finally give an update on our recent progress
which forms the very base for our vision of a fully decentralized and distributed internet.

We have put a lot of effort into ShiftHub, the new central user "dashboard" to access Phantom's future functionality
like registering domains, creating websites, communicating with other users, sending and receiving funds, exploring
the SHIFT blockchain, creating blockchain apps and much more.

We are confident that the release will be available to the general public in a beta state some time this week,
likely towards or during the weekend.

• PHANTOM & SHIFTHUB ALPHA

The upcoming release will be our first public alpha for 1) Phantom, the layer between GShift and ShiftHub
    which directly communicates with Shift's blockchain, as well as an early version of 2) ShiftHub, the central
    dashboard users will employ to interact with Phantom's future features as mentioned above.

• SHIFTHUB-WALLET

Development for our first application running on Phantom, nicknamed ShiftHub-Wallet, is being completed
    very quickly. Core functionality like sending, receiving and transaction summaries are finished. Currently
    we are working on the address book function and polishing minor interface details. The wallet will feature
    extensive graph visualizations to keep track of your funds and the SHIFT network.

• EXPANDING TEAM

We have started actively looking for and working with developers experienced in creating smart contracts
    for our DNS system which will be responsible for assigning and interpreting domains on Phantom, which in
    essence is comparable to registering and forwarding top level domains on the open internet.

If you are well experienced with Solidity, Serpent, JS or Python and interested in joining the team,
    please reach out to us!

SHIFT Response Team
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:20:23 PM

Can't wait! Mining coming along nicely, but it's undervalued at the moment.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
coinmenace

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:43:25 PM

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE #3 | JUNE 22

As the week goes by we have been quiet but today is the day we can finally give an update on our recent progress
which forms the very base for our vision of a fully decentralized and distributed internet.

We have put a lot of effort into ShiftHub, the new central user "dashboard" to access Phantom's future functionality
like registering domains, creating websites, communicating with other users, sending and receiving funds, exploring
the SHIFT blockchain, creating blockchain apps and much more.

We are confident that the release will be available to the general public in a beta state some time this week,
likely towards or during the weekend.

• PHANTOM & SHIFTHUB ALPHA

The upcoming release will be our first public alpha for 1) Phantom, the layer between GShift and ShiftHub
    which directly communicates with Shift's blockchain, as well as an early version of 2) ShiftHub, the central
    dashboard users will employ to interact with Phantom's future features as mentioned above.

• SHIFTHUB-WALLET

Development for our first application running on Phantom, nicknamed ShiftHub-Wallet, is being completed
    very quickly. Core functionality like sending, receiving and transaction summaries are finished. Currently
    we are working on the address book function and polishing minor interface details. The wallet will feature
    extensive graph visualizations to keep track of your funds and the SHIFT network.

• EXPANDING TEAM

We have started actively looking for and working with developers experienced in creating smart contracts
    for our DNS system which will be responsible for assigning and interpreting domains on Phantom, which in
    essence is comparable to registering and forwarding top level domains on the open internet.

If you are well experienced with Solidity, Serpent, JS or Python and interested in joining the team,
    please reach out to us!

I'll be following the progress of this one. good luck
adsactly

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

ADSactly is an Autonomous Decentralized Society

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 04:44:48 PM

This is a Fantastic Update on SHIFT I am holding some SHIFT for the long term and I have high expectations for this Token!

Do you want to be the FIRST to Know about New Cryptocurrency Projects and New Inventions that could potentially change the world for the better?

Join ADSactly Discord the Decentralized Community of Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts and New Comers.

http://discord.me/adsactly
ShiftConnect

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 07:22:53 PM

Thank you for your support, everyone!

We are on track with development and will be coordinating our efforts tomorrow to get the release ready for public use.

SHIFT Response Team
gaazje

Activity: 452

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 08:19:55 PM

Thank you for your support, everyone!

We are on track with development and will be coordinating our efforts tomorrow to get the release ready for public use.

Thanks for the update!

░▒▓█ / / /X42/ / / WELCOME TO FEELESS FUTURE! █▓▒░
X1235

Activity: 671
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:09:00 AM

What's the total supply? Is it only 7,565,055?
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 314 »
  Print  

Jump to: