Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:51:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527660 times)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3971

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:05:42 PM

Does anyone know what "type" of connector the data cable is on the S7. Its the 2mm pitch, 2 row - 2mm row spacing, 18 pin cable that goes from the logic board to the hash board.

I'm looking to make some custom cables, but I'm having a hard time determining the appropriate type of connector. 2mm x 2mm x 18 pin is a very common size in many types that even look similar but are different is very subtle ways :-(

If anyone knows the type of connector, or maybe even a part number of that connector that I can cross-reference to something I can order from Digikey or Arrow, please PM me the number.

Thanks

Finksy (in US, canada) had them for sale before-you want a bit longer probably. I bought some from him and so did others.
bbOOmm

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:13:04 PM

Does anyone know what "type" of connector the data cable is on the S7. Its the 2mm pitch, 2 row - 2mm row spacing, 18 pin cable that goes from the logic board to the hash board.

I'm looking to make some custom cables, but I'm having a hard time determining the appropriate type of connector. 2mm x 2mm x 18 pin is a very common size in many types that even look similar but are different is very subtle ways :-(

If anyone knows the type of connector, or maybe even a part number of that connector that I can cross-reference to something I can order from Digikey or Arrow, please PM me the number.

Thanks

18pin signal cable (2.0mm* 120mm)  https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020160105105043457FPP8X92I0616

Yes, I saw that ... but 120mm (4.724 inches) is waaaay too short and I do not want to cut and splice.
bbOOmm

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:15:06 PM

I threw this old psu cable on an s5 about 2 months ago and will never use any small or cheap cables again.  I had a couple of S5's that I thought I would just throw online with a couple of leftover PSU'S and damn near started a fire.

Ahhh yes, the familiar sight of a molex connector that had poor contact with the pins.

Either poor quality in materials - IE a cheap ass Molex knockoff, or over crimping /mis-aligned crimping or just plain ol being inserted and unplugged a number of times which stretches out the springiness of the contact.... resulting in contact resistance which creates heat to the point of melting / catching fire.

I had that happen with the Avalon 2's I had .... then I purchased a Molex crimper and a non-contact thermometer .... any connector that is running hot gets cut off and replaced.

WHAMMO! Solved the issue of waking up in the middle of the night to the smell of smoldering plastic.
bbOOmm

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:27:55 PM

I threw this old psu cable on an s5 about 2 months ago and will never use any small or cheap cables again.  I had a couple of S5's that I thought I would just throw online with a couple of leftover PSU'S and damn near started a fire.

Ahhh yes, the familiar sight of a molex connector that had poor contact with the pins.

Either poor quality in materials - IE a cheap ass Molex knockoff, or over crimping /mis-aligned crimping or just plain ol being inserted and unplugged a number of times which stretches out the springiness of the contact.... resulting in contact resistance which creates heat to the point of melting / catching fire.

I had that happen with the Avalon 2's I had .... then I purchased a Molex crimper and a non-contact thermometer .... any connector that is running hot gets cut off and replaced.

WHAMMO! Solved the issue of waking up in the middle of the night to the smell of smoldering plastic.

That picture also reminds me of the time way way back in the stone age .... when my apartment caught fire 2 weeks after moving in.  It turned out that the electric stove, when whoever before we moved in, moved the stove, then slid the stove back against the wall, pinching the 50A cord between an edge of metal on the stove and the wall, creating just a very small amount of shorting to ground resistance, which slowly degraded the plastic insulation, thus making the short greater and greater till one day the damn thing had enough heat to catch fire, yet not enough to trip the breaker till after the fire started. That small fire festered in back of the stove, the heat rising up between the wall and the stove, which soon melted the bottom of the 64oz bottle of cooking oil I had resting on the top of the upright back panel ( out of the way of the burners, who would have thunk of the hazard of a short in back of the stove).... ... ... FOOF! No more kitchen.
tutorialevideo
Legendary

Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001

Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 08:55:45 PM

any news on sending batch 9 faster?

Hosting Bitcoin and any mining gear in Europe/Romania.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5228685.msg53918147#msg53918147

For more info you can write me!
cryptichermit

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:02:15 PM

Those who are waiting for a replacement board under warranty, mine just shipped. Faulty board was delivered to Bitmain on Jan 4, replacement was shipped on the 11th, scheduled to be delivered on Friday.

I hope they don't think I'm an asshole for simply requesting for service in an efficient and timely manner.  I have honestly been quite respectful in all of my communication with them.  I did share my concerns about having second thoughts of upgrading my power out of fear I cannot receive replacement blades.  That has me fearful for the future if I order 50 or more rigs at one time and several arrive not working, will the service be the same?  Meaning over a month before anything is accomplished?

Completely agree.  As you know I've been waiting since DEC 14th for 2 replacement boards.  I did get an email from Sherry stating they would ship replacements ASAP, but have not received an email stating that they have shipped yet.  I suppose they might have, but I don't see any indication on UPS that something is inbound.  I hope they have shipped.

Also, I have not gotten any response about my batch 8 failed boards.  About 3 inquiries about those sent and no response.

Perhaps they are swamped with RMA's with batch 8.  Or maybe bitmain is nearing end stages of consumer products - at which point they aren't too concerned with product support.
Of course both these ideas are merely speculation and in no regards am I stating either is conclusive.  I could not fathom not responding to customer inquiries/requests within 2 business days.
tutorialevideo
Legendary

Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001

Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 09:08:34 PM

Those who are waiting for a replacement board under warranty, mine just shipped. Faulty board was delivered to Bitmain on Jan 4, replacement was shipped on the 11th, scheduled to be delivered on Friday.

I hope they don't think I'm an asshole for simply requesting for service in an efficient and timely manner.  I have honestly been quite respectful in all of my communication with them.  I did share my concerns about having second thoughts of upgrading my power out of fear I cannot receive replacement blades.  That has me fearful for the future if I order 50 or more rigs at one time and several arrive not working, will the service be the same?  Meaning over a month before anything is accomplished?

Completely agree.  As you know I've been waiting since DEC 14th for 2 replacement boards.  I did get an email from Sherry stating they would ship replacements ASAP, but have not received an email stating that they have shipped yet.  I suppose they might have, but I don't see any indication on UPS that something is inbound.  I hope they have shipped.

Also, I have not gotten any response about my batch 8 failed boards.  About 3 inquiries about those sent and no response.

Perhaps they are swamped with RMA's with batch 8.  Or maybe bitmain is nearing end stages of consumer products - at which point they aren't too concerned with product support.
Of course both these ideas are merely speculation and in no regards am I stating either is conclusive.  I could not fathom not responding to customer inquiries/requests within 2 business days.

I have some s5 boards shiped to them for repairing and still wainting for the boards to come back Smiley

Hosting Bitcoin and any mining gear in Europe/Romania.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5228685.msg53918147#msg53918147

For more info you can write me!
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:21:42 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2016, 11:01:16 PM by dmwardjr

I have copied my post with my customer service experience and sent it to myself in a PM as future reference if I should have to post it in the forum again.  We will see how long this takes for me to get my 3 replacement blades for Batch 8 S7's.

If it continues to take much longer, I will have to WARN everyone... plain and simple.  I still cannot comprehend WHY it is taking more than 30 days to get 3 replacement blades.  They have my old ones but that's not doing me any good cause the blades cannot work towards ROI without being in my possession.  This is quite frustrating.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
cryptichermit

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:27:21 PM

I have some s5 boards shiped to them for repairing and still wainting for the boards to come back Smiley

From what time frame?  Recent, or back in S5 days?  You have confirmation from shipping courier that they were received?
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:37:47 PM

Are they giving any coupons for previous buyers?  Just curious...

Huh

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:50:33 PM

Thanks dmwardjr I will wait then as you are till end of January.

Sure.. it's only been 4 months of blank stares and ignored tickets about the compensation(s) and other refund related issues at Bitmaintech. What's another few more months amongst fan-boys?
 Cheesy

After looking at your local time, that explains the use of the word, "fan-boys."  I'm not desperate for 0.7 BTC to be delivered to my wallet immediately.  Others may be.  I'm not.  As long as I receive compensation is all that matters.

I'm guessing my post went over your head there, bub. Lol

Go Big or Go Home.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 12:02:49 AM

I'm guessing my post went over your head there, bub. Lol

Yes sir...  I must be out of the loop or just behind from my old age.  Get me up to speed please sir.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
nhando

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 12:28:26 AM

I have copied my post with my customer service experience and sent it to myself in a PM as future reference if I should have to post it in the forum again.  We will see how long this takes for me to get my 3 replacement blades for Batch 8 S7's.

If it continues to take much longer, I will have to WARN everyone... plain and simple.  I still cannot comprehend WHY it is taking more than 30 days to get 3 replacement blades.  They have my old ones but that's not doing me any good cause the blades cannot work towards ROI without being in my possession.  This is quite frustrating.

I would be pissed too.   Each month of Prime time right now is over $300 in loss revenue per S7.  Now imagine if you have many more S7, the potential for this to happen is even greater.   It's not cool when the vendor does not provide a timely fix for a time critical business  like this, especially when you have to factor in the difficulty increase.  Those same 3 boards hashing potential won't be the same when they send it out 1 or 2 months later. It would make sense if they offer an option to pay a deposit for the RMA and ship you a new board right away.  When the board arrives and if in fact it's bad and under warranty, they can return your deposit.  IF it doesn't qualify then they can just hold your deposit money which is the equivalent cost of the replacement.  I would really hate to be in your position DMwardjr as I was only down for 1 day for power upgrade and I was already getting anxious and counting my missed revenue.  I can't wait for the Avalon 6 to drop below $1K on a group buy so I can diversify my vendors.

P.S I hope they offer you a coupon for this delay.   

Just "Mining" my own business.
torepia

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:19:13 AM

So we have installed a bunch of S7's on our network along with our existing SP35's.  Every time we power on the S7 racks our whole network goes to shit....We have >150 SP35's and just installed >200 S7's.  They are all static IP's on our 10.x.x.x VLAN. We've got layer 3 switches, and Pfsense router that can handle over 8 million simultaneous connections..... I don't understand what the ants could be doing to cause such havoc... Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Day 3 of no sleep trying to figure this out....

Whats the hardware specs on the router? What switches do you have?
I just did a wireshark capture of the traffic from a miner. It basically just sends traffic back and forth the pool, and occasionally some ntp traffic. So no broadcast noise or anything like that.
I'm gonna put my money on crappy switches Tongue

You could try seperating the miners into smaller groups on their own VLANs, and if possible balance some of the load from the different VLANs onto different interfaces on the PFsense router.

Do you have a topology drawing? I'd love to help you out if I can.
wikkidtt

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 01:34:35 AM

so what my best option to power one of these. i have a 240v 30amp circuit available.

was looking at there power supply and it seems to be efficent but didn't know if there is a better and cheaper option?

Thanks In Advance

torepia

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:41:57 AM

so what my best option to power one of these. i have a 240v 30amp circuit available.

was looking at there power supply and it seems to be efficent but didn't know if there is a better and cheaper option?

Thanks In Advance

Bitmains PSU is the best for the purpose IMO. If you go for a standard ATX PSU with 1300W+, its gonna be huge, expensive and "hard to work with" aka messy.

thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:24:24 AM

Thanks In Advance

Bitmains PSU is the best for the purpose IMO. If you go for a standard ATX PSU with 1300W+, its gonna be huge, expensive and "hard to work with" aka messy.

I wouldn't say that. I use EVGA 1300 power supplies with ZERO issues across multiple platforms of miner generations. I have had about 12 of them for the past year+ with zero problems, burned wires, shorts etc.. I'd say that pretty much trumps the Bitmain junkers.

Go Big or Go Home.
cryptichermit

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:10:03 AM

Update:

Got email from Bitmain/Sherry with tracking number for 2 x batch 5 replacement boards. +1
Got email in regards to batch 8 defective boards. +1

Should have happened a lot earlier, but at least we got some movement going in the right direction.

thanks,  Smiley
torepia

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:39:25 AM

Maybe a silly question, but are people still buying S7's? At this diff?
nhando

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:55:32 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 05:34:18 AM by nhando

Thanks In Advance

Depends on how many you're looking to power.  The Bitmain PSU is very noisy but is quite efficient.  Per S7, it's not cheap, nor the EVGA G2 option.  You can see many people who own many S7 in this forum use the IBM 2K, 2880W, 2980W PSU and you get much better value per S7.  I'm using Dual IBM 2KW PSU to power 3 x S7 using j4bberwock 4K board.  Works like a champ and it's cheaper than $100 per S7 to power so you're saving a lot of money and when paired with the Ultra KAZE fans.  They're super quiet.  The foot print is much smaller than 3 x BitMain PSU or even EVGA.  I also own the EVGA G2 1300W and they're also very nice and quiet, but too pricey per S7 and you will need to buy extra cables or connect to only some of the ports.  If you have 240V, server PSU is the way to go. See how clean my cable management and how tiny those 2 PSU stacked on each other is.  My plan is to stack 4 of them on top of each other and be cooled by 4 x Ultra KAZE fans side ways.

https://i.imgur.com/h9eJbwK.jpg

Just "Mining" my own business.
Pages: « 1 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: