Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:53:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Consolidated Litecoin Mining Guide for 5xxx, 6xxx, and 7xxx GPUs  (Read 624154 times)
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 09:58:02 AM

Noticed that just about everyone on this thread is using Windows, except for Grover who had a few Linux questions. As someone thinking of building a LTC rig, why is everyone using Windows instead of something like BAMT, Linuxcoin, or Debian?

Thanks,
There are Linux users mining LTC all right, just that they don't usually ask so many questions.
You can mine just fine using both systems.

+1: I tuned my rigs without knowing this guide existed (starting with cgminer's SCRYPT-README and experimenting from there). Linux users probably know more about how their OS and hardware work and have fewer questions.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pox67

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 10:39:09 AM

I seem to have things working pretty well now with acceptable heat and power usage.
 One question though - not all my ram is being used. I thought to be optimised LTC mining should be using the full amount of video card RAM. Currently 2362 MB out of 3072 MB is used.
Is that to do with thread concurrency?

My settings are as follows:

Command line:
cgminer.exe --scrypt --config gml.conf --shaders 2048 --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 13 -g 2 -w 256

Config file:
pool config
pool config
pool config

"expiry" : "120",
"failover-only" : true,
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",

I originally had all the GPU info in the config file about fan settings etc but have now set MSI Afterburner to handle that.
GPU settings:
950/1425MHZ @1.025v (reports as 1.05v with GPUZ)
Fans are hovering around 72% at 72C.

That gives me a stable 1.26MH/s.

Tejsei3

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 01:24:04 PM

Noticed that just about everyone on this thread is using Windows, except for Grover who had a few Linux questions. As someone thinking of building a LTC rig, why is everyone using Windows instead of something like BAMT, Linuxcoin, or Debian?
I primarily develop cgminer on linux so it definitely works fine there. I make it work on windows as well since so many people use windows. The fact is it works just as well on windows, and most users already are running windows, so that's how they get started, and they never even bother considering linux. Add to that extra overclocking and voltage control applications in windows that linux doesn't have, making it hard for them to care for the stability, security and other features that make linux suitable for dedicated mining rigs. However, linux users tend to read documentation and experiment for themselves till it's all working fine.

That makes sense. I haven't seen MSI Afterburner, Trixx, and other voltage and overclocking tools in Linux. That would be a big handicap if such tools or their equivalents don't exist or don't work as well.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 05:11:17 PM

well if you follow the instruction was given on the thread you would achieve the results that i did, it may deffer from a model to another, the thing that was not mentioned here was the importance of the motherboard , for some reason i cannot get the same results with the same settings in different motherboards with the same model of graphic cards.

i wont be an ass-hole i will put my settings here , try them if they work for you , try to play around if you are crashing to get them stable but my machines are now working without a problem after having a hard time trying to get them stable.

i have a Gigabyte GA990FXA-UDP5, 4 x ATI sapphire DUAL-X, Windows 7 Ultimate X64 , AMD Catalyst 13.3 Beta, AMD FX6100 Six-Core, 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3, OCZ 64 GB SSD

1- first download Driver Fusion to get completely rid of your old drivers (even from registry) than install your new drivers
2- this is an important step as well , go to control panel and to power options and choose High performance (so you can eliminate PCI-E power limitations)
3- set your cards with MSI after burner at these settings core 1070MHz/1060mV , memory 1750Mhz/1640mV.
4- Use cgminer 2.11.2 with this command : --shaders 2048 --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 (make sure to delete any .bin before starting)

5- enjoy your hash rate , and threw some LTCs on me address:  LguVfG3Q4yW5LTDuaqrszCDFCh9RoCo46g

I also have a Sapphire Dual-X 7970, but I don't get anywhere near the settings you posted (1070MHz/1060mV , memory 1750Mhz/1640mV).

Do you have the ASIN (or something like) of your cards at hand? There's a myriad of different Sapphire 7970s out there (Vapor-X, Dual-X, OC, ... plus various combinations and different names) - which one is yours?

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
alternativesurfer

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 08:39:05 PM

Hello,

I am having some issues mining LTC...

Win 7 Pro, 64 bit.
2 x NV GTX 570 cards (i know, I know...but lets not get into why AMD is better, these are the cards I have right now)

I have guiminer-scrypt set up like:

Reaper Miner
Host: notroll.in
Port: 6332
username: (my username)
Pass: (my password)
Thread concurrency: 1
Worksize: 256
Vectors: 1
Intensity: 10
GPU Threads: 1

I click start, GUIMiner reads "Connecting" and begins racking up Invalid shares.
It never reads "connected", it just continues gaining Invalid shares, no Stale or Valid ones.

Thread concurrency is too low, increase thread concurrency

But it should still connect right?
Or it just processing things too slow to come up with any valid shares?
The Invalid count raises pretty quickly, so I thought the settings were fine.
sebasimp

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:17:46 AM

Hi i'm just getting less than 500 khash with clock@925 mem@1625 (0.57 ratio) on an AMD 7970 and using this settings in cgminer

My pc on Win 7 x64 with 8GB RAM, AMD Phenom X4 955 and AMD 12.8 Drivers

Any help will be appreciated!!!

sorry for my english
tacotime (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:25:20 AM

Intensity is too low, increase intensity or try the low usage profile (which is sometimes strangely faster)

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
sebasimp

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:49:03 AM

with more or less than 13 intensity hashes drop a lot... with more than 13 i get aprox 50 less hashes and with less than 13 i barely get 80 khashes
pox67

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 09:34:10 AM

I seem to have things working pretty well now with acceptable heat and power usage.
 One question though - not all my ram is being used. I thought to be optimised LTC mining should be using the full amount of video card RAM. Currently 2362 MB out of 3072 MB is used.
Is that to do with thread concurrency?

My settings are as follows:

Command line:
cgminer.exe --scrypt --config gml.conf --shaders 2048 --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 13 -g 2 -w 256

Config file:
pool config
pool config
pool config

"expiry" : "120",
"failover-only" : true,
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",

I originally had all the GPU info in the config file about fan settings etc but have now set MSI Afterburner to handle that.
GPU settings:
950/1425MHZ @1.025v (reports as 1.05v with GPUZ)
Fans are hovering around 72% at 72C.

That gives me a stable 1.26MH/s.

Ok I changed some stuff around and tried some different overclock settings. I pushed up GPU an Mem and got 1.38MH/s but a corresponding increase of 150watts used in the system. Not worth it.

So I dropped back to the above settings but now the cards are only using 1391MB out of 3072MB of video ram. getting 1.296MH/s.

Does that sound right? I really thought the video RAM should all be used.

Edit for correct MH/s
Aahzman

Activity: 602

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:15:37 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2013, 11:56:16 AM by Aahzman

Howdy! Looking for a little command line guidance for cgminer.  Win7-64bit, cgminer, MSI 6770.

Trying to mine on p2pool (which i'm already doing on CPU with scryptminerGUI and run_p2pool.exe)but seeing odd results.

Also, I can't seem to get Afterburner to let me adjust card settings anymore, and the AMD vision control center won't even launch...

cgminer --scrypt -o http://p2pool.org -u user -p password --thread-concurrency 3200 -I 18 -g 1 -w 256

that's the launch command i'm using...

and this is weird. it's showing my avg hashrate as 98.9Mh/s..which can't be right, since the pool hashrate is only like 70Mh/s?

<edit>
ok, found a longer commandline iwth more options that seems to work. getting around 125.6Kh/s now...seeing a lot of rejected shares tho, like 800 accepted, 300 rejected ratio...seems high...

gyverlb

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:21:50 PM

Howdy! Looking for a little command line guidance for cgminer.  Win7-64bit, cgminer, MSI 6770.

Trying to mine on p2pool (which i'm already doing on CPU with scryptminerGUI and run_p2pool.exe)but seeing odd results.

Also, I can't seem to get Afterburner to let me adjust card settings anymore, and the AMD vision control center won't even launch...

cgminer --scrypt -o http://p2pool.org -u user -p password --thread-concurrency 3200 -I 18 -g 1 -w 256

and this is weird. it's showing my avg hashrate as 98.9Mh/s..which can't be right, since the pool hashrate is only like 70Mh/s?

<edit>
ok, found a longer commandline iwth more options that seems to work. getting around 125.6Kh/s now...seeing a lot of rejected shares tho, like 800 accepted, 300 rejected ratio...seems high...

Are you trying to run a p2pool node (you wrote that you ran run_p2pool.exe) or use p2pool.org (which is used in the command-line you gave)? If you don't have low latencies with the p2pool node you use you will not get the most of it.
See the guide in my signature if you need details.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
meebs

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:13:23 PM

Thanks,

SOOOO much easier. Also, you dont HAVE to buy a license key.. it'll mine JUST fine unactivated (you can redo the 30 day trial up to 3 times on a given install as well, if you want to shutup the "omg you might be a victim" messages)

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Aahzman

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:15:28 PM

Howdy! Looking for a little command line guidance for cgminer.  Win7-64bit, cgminer, MSI 6770.

<edit>

Are you trying to run a p2pool node (you wrote that you ran run_p2pool.exe) or use p2pool.org (which is used in the command-line you gave)? If you don't have low latencies with the p2pool node you use you will not get the most of it.

I used http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,1430.0.html (linuxNoob's illustrated step-by-step) to get started with the CPU  mining, which instructed me to be running the run_p2pool.exe Stratum/RPC thingy? so that's running while my CPU miner (ScryptMiner GUI) chugs away.  So, i started up CGminer, and figured it'd just point it at the stratum proxy as well, but while it's showing me now around 130kH/s in my cgminer dosbox, i don't see that reflected in the run_p2pool.exe dosbox, or on the status webpage

Aahzman

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:30:40 PM

Also, shoudl LTC mining basically choke my internet connection? latency across my entire home network is over 2s right now...

matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:43:47 PM

Messing around with 7870 xt (Tahiti LE), I am getting very frustrated. It performs the same at 700/1200 as 1000/1700 (giving approx value here, its always 330khs random ratios with roughly 400khs with the right ratio).

I have found the two best settings to be 1gputhread 22392 380khs 19i and the weird and best one, 2gputhread 12000 19i 415khs.

At this point I have very little faith in them being able to achieve more through conventional means. Perhaps some driver or miner updates, but I suspect there is just too much shaders for bus width, as it performs and acts very similar to 7870 Pitcairn
gyverlb

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:53:10 PM

I used http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,1430.0.html (linuxNoob's illustrated step-by-step) to get started with the CPU  mining, which instructed me to be running the run_p2pool.exe Stratum/RPC thingy? so that's running while my CPU miner (ScryptMiner GUI) chugs away.  So, i started up CGminer, and figured it'd just point it at the stratum proxy as well, but while it's showing me now around 130kH/s in my cgminer dosbox, i don't see that reflected in the run_p2pool.exe dosbox, or on the status webpage

You didn't quite answer my question: the guide you point to is for mining on a local p2pool node but the command line you have shown is for mining on a remote p2pool node (p2pool.org) so I can only guess what you are trying to do.

If you are mining on p2pool.org, your local p2pool node obviously doesn't see you mining and it's completely normal that it doesn't reflect any mining: you are not mining on it.

You may want to replace http://p2pool.org by http://localhost:9327 if your goal is to mine on the p2pool node you installed on the miner itself.

P2pool tuning guide
Aahzman

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:04:07 PM

oh...hmm...lemme try that. :-)

This shit ain't as simple as BTC mining, as i'm discovering!

Aahzman

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:18:45 PM

OOOHHH yeah, now it's doin some shidizzle. getting about 180Kh/s on cgminer, but only 13Kh/s on cpu mining (AMD X6 1055T)

run_p2pool.exe now shows around 65Kh/s and going up every cycle.... nice. so, hopefully, sohortly, i will see that value get up to around 190,000h/s (CPU+GPU combined)

90Kh/s so far, and far far far less rejects...7:1 Accepted:rejected...much better than the 2:1 i was getting before.

and home network latency has dropped to well below 100ms across the whole thing.

so, just that one changed fixed everything up. woot. well, i also increased my thread-concurrency value to 4800.

looks like i'm capped out around 197Kh/s  for combined CPU/GPU

decent enough for a hobby miner, i guess. :-)

Thanks for the tips!

Aahzman

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:25:55 PM

Tipped ya a bit-nickel, gyverlb - Thanks!

gyverlb

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:37:52 PM

Tipped ya a bit-nickel, gyverlb - Thanks!

Thanks for the tip.

Note that if your processor only gives 13kH/s you probably don't want to mine with it. It's probably using more than 100W which is ~70kWh each month. Depending on where you live it probably costs you between $5 and $15 mining LTC with it each month.

With 13kH/s at the current difficulty, you'll make ~4LTC each month. At current LTC prices it's less than $3.

LTC CPU mining is nearly dead...

P2pool tuning guide
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: