Bitcoin Forum
October 21, 2024, 01:23:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006772 times)
barbeq

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:21:46 AM

This "phishing attack" might all just be staged in order to hide the fact that the owner of Cryptsy has run off with the BTC before his estranged wife gets her hands on them.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:29:19 AM

Jagrapolite: @Lurker: marlena woke up and now she has to work till damn 3 am lol

http://www.nameagalaxy.com/view.php?id=17693

Yes, it's the same Jagrapolite and Marlena seen here: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/MarketItem/124

Black and White Oil Portrait
Perfect Gift for Valentines Day

A Gift That Will Last For Generations

1 Face Black and White Oil Painting, Painted by world famous Artist Marina Koloeridi (Price is Per Subject)

Send your favorite photos and let Marina Koloeridi Turn your loved ones  into a Museum Quality Masterpiece

Check us out online
http://www.marinakoloeridi.com/
https://www.facebook.com/marinakoloeridifineart
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrXy16oY7HW7g_DTsAjSl5j03s0U_oVkF

Please Contact Marlena or Jagrapolite Before Ordering
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:39:38 AM

I am reasonably certain that cryptsy has been hacked by the people behind cryptsy-refund. They have gained access to at least some or all customer email and phone numbers. They may have gained access to more personal information than just that including SSN's and DL #s if that was available unencrypted.

This is a shitstorm.....

I know they got at least email addresses since I just recently changed mine to a domain I recently registered. They also text messaged the phone number I have listed there. Fortunately I never gave them my SSN or DL#.

This breach of may cause crytsy to incur big fines from the federal government if SSNs have been taken?

Supposedly the service they use to send email and text messages may have been breached...at least that is the latest I have heard...take it with a grain of salt.

GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:58:41 AM

I am reasonably certain that cryptsy has been hacked by the people behind cryptsy-refund. They have gained access to at least some or all customer email and phone numbers. They may have gained access to more personal information than just that including SSN's and DL #s if that was available unencrypted.

This is a shitstorm.....

I know they got at least email addresses since I just recently changed mine to a domain I recently registered. They also text messaged the phone number I have listed there. Fortunately I never gave them my SSN or DL#.

This breach of may cause crytsy to incur big fines from the federal government if SSNs have been taken?

Supposedly the service they use to send email and text messages may have been breached...at least that is the latest I have heard...take it with a grain of salt.

From the text of the email, I think someone just wanted to broadcast the idea that coins were stolen from cold storage. Hence, the use of capitalization on cold. Also the grammar is strange suggesting that they may not be a native English speaker.

Regarding the list of emails/phone numbers, this could only have come from two possible places:

1. a hack of cryptsy or a partner
2. employee theft

Interestingly, if we think it's likely that the primary motivation for the mailing was to spread FUD and we look at why a Cryptsy employee may have been motivated to send out such a mailing, making it look like a phishing attack may simply been the best choice to allay suspicions away from it having been an employee.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
ubozhdane

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:02:32 AM

This is a shitstorm.....

I think Bruno Kucinskas did it.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:18:59 AM

This is a shitstorm.....

well i had planned a pleasant evening of vigorous masterbation but after seeing this it will be an angry jerk !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Horus_Cryptsy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 12:52:45 PM

Here is a statement from the man himself about today's phishing fiasco.

http://blog.cryptsy.com/

He also says another statement will be coming out within the next couple of days.

I know it isn't much, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.  I just said I'd post as I got info and I was just told of the blog post.
addergebroed

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:06:39 PM

This is Terrik quoting BigVern I guess, also see post above mee, same sentence
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 02:03:52 PM

Important System Notification

Phishing Attempt:: There is a phishing attempt going around prompting users to go to a cryptsy-refund website. Do not go to this website or give your login details on any website other than the official Cryptsy website. There were two avenues of the Phishing attempt. One was via SMS, using our provider Twilio and gained entry into our logs and sending ability via a weak password on that account. The passwords on this account have been secured. The other avenue was via email using the same mailing service we use (Mailgun), but was not sent using our account. It is uncertain where the email list for this Phishing attempt was attained from, as we do not show any unauthorized access to our Mailgun account nor our internal systems. We are still investigating this matter. If you were a victim of this phishing, you should log into your account at Cryptsy immediately and do the following: 1. Change your password and enable 2fa if you don’t already have it enabled. 2. Check your pending withdrawals, we currently have withdrawals disabled so if you see one that shouldn’t be there you can request to have it cancelled. Regarding other issues that have been apparent at Cryptsy for the last couple months, I will be making another post to explain what has been happening in the next couple days. BigVern UNTIL WE ARE ABLE TO DETERMINE EXTENT OF THE PHISHING ATTEMPT, ALL WITHDRAWALS ARE PAUSED

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 02:18:58 PM

This is getting ridiculous.

A scam aimed at disgruntled Cryptsy customers is addressed within hours, but the "other issues that have been apparent at Cryptsy for the last couple months" will be explained "in the next couple days".

I've finished my popcorn.

TT
wooder

Activity: 324

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:20:25 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 02:30:51 PM by wooder

Important System Notification

Phishing Attempt:: There is a phishing attempt going around prompting users to go to a cryptsy-refund website. Do not go to this website or give your login details on any website other than the official Cryptsy website. There were two avenues of the Phishing attempt. One was via SMS, using our provider Twilio and gained entry into our logs and sending ability via a weak password on that account. The passwords on this account have been secured. The other avenue was via email using the same mailing service we use (Mailgun), but was not sent using our account. It is uncertain where the email list for this Phishing attempt was attained from, as we do not show any unauthorized access to our Mailgun account nor our internal systems. We are still investigating this matter. If you were a victim of this phishing, you should log into your account at Cryptsy immediately and do the following: 1. Change your password and enable 2fa if you don’t already have it enabled. 2. Check your pending withdrawals, we currently have withdrawals disabled so if you see one that shouldn’t be there you can request to have it cancelled. Regarding other issues that have been apparent at Cryptsy for the last couple months, I will be making another post to explain what has been happening in the next couple days. BigVern UNTIL WE ARE ABLE TO DETERMINE EXTENT OF THE PHISHING ATTEMPT, ALL WITHDRAWALS ARE PAUSED

even if they got hacked, nothing changes. Withdrawals are broken since months.

The stuff at Crytsy seem to be the most incompetent people around. They need months to fix problems (which are still not fixed) on wallets that work fine on every other exchange.
At least one can be shure that even if they get this mess fixed, their reputations is gone (hopefully, otherwise new traders that know nothing about this fiasco will loose money at a later point in time).
And hopefully these fraudulent actions will lead to legal acations against Cryptsy (BigVern) and hopefully some time in jail Smiley
spamsucks

Activity: 306
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:40:46 PM

Previously I commented on bitebi9.com sending confirmation e-mails from the same mail service as cryptsy for log ins and so forth.

Anyone think there is a connection to that and whats happening now?

To think I would not have been involved if craptsy had let me take my funds A MONTH AGO...

wooder

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:57:54 PM

Previously I commented on bitebi9.com sending confirmation e-mails from the same mail service as cryptsy for log ins and so forth.

Anyone think there is a connection to that and whats happening now?

To think I would not have been involved if craptsy had let me take my funds A MONTH AGO...

i bet with you that bitebi9.com is run by Cryptsy (BigVern) maybe they use a chinese sock puppet to get the "ownership problem" solved.

Everything fits, BigVern is in China and if he would just have sold the website there would be no reason to be there.
And who would buy a site like cryptsy? the trading engine sometimes leads to impossible market states like the first buy is higher then the first sell.
And even after months of withdrawal problems they told the people that the new withdrawal system is so complicated that they need more time to understand it, which means they developed something that they don't even understand (but i guess this excuse was just used to get more time ripping off customers that were still allowed to deposit)

bitebi9.com even mentioned Cryptsy multiple times, like on the coins sponsors page (they fixed this by now) but a picture showing this, was posted some time ago in this thread
tittiecoiner

Activity: 224

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:01:27 PM

i bet with you that bitebi9.com is run by Cryptsy (BigVern) maybe they use a chinese sock puppet to get the "ownership problem" solved.

Everything fits, BigVern is in China and if he would just have sold the website there would be no reason to be there.
And who would buy a site like cryptsy? the trading engine sometimes leads to impossible market states like the first buy is higher then the first sell.
And even after months of withdrawal problems they told the people that the new withdrawal system is so complicated that they need more time to understand it, which means they developed something that they don't even understand (but i guess this excuse was just used to get more time ripping off customers that were still allowed to deposit)

bitebi9.com even mentioned Cryptsy multiple times, like on the coins sponsors page (they fixed this by now) but a picture showing this, was posted some time ago in this thread

Wouldn't it be stupid to run another site with the same design and probably bugs in the code? I mean, who knows, but it wouldn't make sense.

tittiecoiner

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:02:25 PM

Here is a statement from the man himself about today's phishing fiasco.

http://blog.cryptsy.com/

He also says another statement will be coming out within the next couple of days.

I know it isn't much, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.  I just said I'd post as I got info and I was just told of the blog post.

One was via SMS, using our provider Twilio and gained entry into our logs and sending ability via a weak password on that account.

Grossly negligent, you would expect more from a company responsible for a big amount of user funds...

Regarding other issues that have been apparent at Cryptsy for the last couple months, I will be making another post to explain what has been happening in the next couple days.

So an expected "hacker attack" was required to force BigV to communicate with his users?

wooder

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:10:23 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 03:24:58 PM by wooder

Wouldn't it be stupid to run another site with the same design and probably bugs in the code? I mean, who knows, but it wouldn't make sense.

at least the domain is registered by projectinvestors which is Cryptsy

see http://domainbigdata.com/cryptsy.com
and http://domainbigdata.com/bitebi9.com

It is stupid to run a site that allows no withdrawals but still accepts deposits

Even the mintsy scam was registered by them :
http://domainbigdata.com/mintsy.com
http://domainbigdata.com/mintsy.co

But the cryptsy stuff insisted that they are not connected to mintsy...
tittiecoiner

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:22:17 PM

Ok, TBH, didn't check that.

It is stupid to run a site that allows no withdrawals but still accepts deposits

It depends on the poin of view, guess you know what I mean  Wink
Just collect funds, report about "technical issues", let users deposit more and wait for a "hacker attack" which caused a loss of user funds. Was a usual business model in 2015's crypto world.

wooder

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:28:22 PM

Ok, TBH, didn't check that.

It depends on the poin of view, guess you know what I mean  Wink
Just collect funds, report about "technical issues", let users deposit more and wait for a "hacker attack" which caused a loss of user funds. Was a usual business model in 2015's crypto world.

Even if they really got hacked. They are dealing with problems like braindead people and taking money although you know you will never give it back is crime and they just hacked the mail servers no word of any funds missing by now (which is my bet, they don't own all userfunds anymore)
tittiecoiner

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:30:56 PM

This document contains several companies, found there Hashmax LLC which directly leads to Paul and Mintsy.co
http://courtcon.co.palm-beach.fl.us/pls/jiwp/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=502015DR009881XXXXSB&begin_date=&end_date=

So it's hard to deny.

Just my opinon: Cryptsy always had some trouble, mostly technical issues. But I think the bullshit started when Vern became greedy, like getting a part of the Cloud Mining pie with Mintsy, Paycoin. I'm still not sure why they removed trading fees but increased withdrawal fees instead. Just to fake volume in order to attract more users with the plan to "get hacked"?

wooder

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:34:34 PM

This document contains several companies, found there Hashmax LLC which directly leads to Paul and Mintsy.co
http://courtcon.co.palm-beach.fl.us/pls/jiwp/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=502015DR009881XXXXSB&begin_date=&end_date=

So it's hard to deny.

Just my opinon: Cryptsy always had some trouble, mostly technical issues. But I think the bullshit started when Vern became greedy, like getting a part of the Cloud Mining pie with Mintsy, Paycoin. I'm still not sure why they removed trading fees but increased withdrawal fees instead. Just to fake volume in order to attract more users with the plan to "get hacked"?

because the users had massive balances but were not trading that much. so you just raise the withdrawal fees to get a part of the pie that doesn't belong to you

Paul is a scammer nothing else
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: