Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:50:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE Payment Claims (Announce your payment here)  (Read 44364 times)
D.H.

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Bitcoin.se site owner

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 04:19:11 PM

But to say that keeping coins that magically appeared one night on my address with absolutely no agreement in place regarding the transaction, are not mine, is laughable.

Magically appeared? You know who sent it, you know that it was a mistake and you know how to return it.

If someone accidentally left a wallet in your house and then knocked on your door asking to get it back, would you do the same? "Oh, you mean this wallet that magically appeared on my living room table? Well, we didn't have an agreement regarding that so I think I'll keep it. Thanks!"

www.bitcoin.se - Forum, nyheter och information på svenska! (Forum, news and information in Swedish)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 04:37:43 PM

If someone accidentally left a wallet in your house and then knocked on your door asking to get it back, would you do the same?

Maybe I would do much more, if that someone is keeping hostage 300X that amount of my property.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 04:39:01 PM

Ohh, come on people. There is nothing to discuss here about returning the funds or not.

They are not ours, keeping them is more or less stealing, period.

And also you are probably not keeping Nefarios funds, but Money that is needed to pay out the people that haven't got a payout, yet.

So everyone that is at least a bit honest should return the funds.

I haven't returned them yet, but all I want is (1) to get clarification on the 10% issue.
 - I could just return -10%, but that might ruin Nefarios payout script, when he returns the 10% to the other accounts.

(2) To now if and how he checks which accounts have returned the double payment, as I fear that he will hold the double paid accounts Stock hostage until funds have been returned and I don't want to end up having to proof that I have returned them, with having virtually no way to contact him.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
senor_coconut

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

a big question mark

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 04:48:15 PM

Nefario:

Don't go for the triple face palmin' summersault clusterfuck when you decide to take care of the assets.

Pretty please.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 04:50:22 PM

So, for anyone reading this who has gotten a double payment, the return address is 1BgPRMk4uaJrohM1T9Cn4Hd9pHaEL6FH5j

It would be better to return the coins without me having to chase you for them.

About a month ago, the cashier at a restaurant I used to frequent regularly gave me $5 USD too much in change. I immediately bought the mistake to her attention, returning the fin because I like the establishment. Three days later, a cashier at KFC returned to me change which included an extra $10 USD. I nonchalantly pocketed the sawbuck and left the premises. Fuck them nefarious bastards who kill chickens, use some kind of secret herb and spices, have me pre-order, then make me wait in line for my meal.

I have no fear of some KFC guy chasing me down to have me return ten bucks. In fact, if it were a hundred dollar mistake, I still wouldn't have a concern. And they're a global entity. I've even returned to the same franchise--twice--taunting them to ask me to return the money, but they have yet to take the bait. I'm willing to bet that they know, that I know, that they know something's afoot, but can put a chicken finger on it.

Bottomline, Nefario, kindly ask for the overpayments to be returned, thanking all those who comply. The funds you don't get returned, eat it, continuing to refund those waiting, otherwise the chaser may become the chasee.

~Bruno K~
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 05:14:51 PM

Ohh, come on people. There is nothing to discuss here about returning the funds or not.

They are not ours, keeping them is more or less stealing, period.

And also you are probably not keeping Nefarios funds, but Money that is needed to pay out the people that haven't got a payout, yet.

So everyone that is at least a bit honest should return the funds.

I haven't returned them yet, but all I want is (1) to get clarification on the 10% issue.
 - I could just return -10%, but that might ruin Nefarios payout script, when he returns the 10% to the other accounts.

(2) To now if and how he checks which accounts have returned the double payment, as I fear that he will hold the double paid accounts Stock hostage until funds have been returned and I don't want to end up having to proof that I have returned them, with having virtually no way to contact him.

Of course keep the amount Nefario owes you and send back the rest.  For all you know the script was meant to send you the remaining 10% but instead just redid the last payment amount.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
D.H.

Activity: 311

Bitcoin.se site owner

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 05:44:13 PM

If someone accidentally left a wallet in your house and then knocked on your door asking to get it back, would you do the same?

Maybe I would do much more, if that someone is keeping hostage 300X that amount of my property.

Sure. What I objected to was the general argument that something is rightfully yours just becaused it ended up in your Bitcoin address.

www.bitcoin.se - Forum, nyheter och information på svenska! (Forum, news and information in Swedish)
GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 06:42:11 PM

I would rather send him the coins back cause he may refuse to give you list of your assets (+ codes or whatever) afterwards.
bitfoo
Donator

Activity: 289

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 06:49:17 PM

So, for anyone reading this who has gotten a double payment, the return address is 1BgPRMk4uaJrohM1T9Cn4Hd9pHaEL6FH5j

This is unacceptable. I received a duplicate payment, a trivial amount, and I will return it. But not based on a forum post, and not to a common BTC address. Please send an email to the email address that was submitted for claims, with an individual BTC return address for each account, so that I can prove that I returned the excess coins. Statements of how much BTC and assets I actually held at GLBSE would be nice too.

stochastic

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 07:02:47 PM

I would rather send him the coins back cause he may refuse to give you list of your assets (+ codes or whatever) afterwards.

How do you know that Nefario is still even using his bitcointalk account?  How do you know someone did not hack his account?

Give him the excess coins after he returns your assets and sends an actual email out.  That would prove it is him.

Also, how do we know the database is even intact?  It took less than a thought to delist all of Goats assets and send him claim codes.  If Nefario can run the payment script twice he is just as likely to 'accidentally' delete the database.  You really want someone that flushed away 1,000 BTC in 10 minutes to play around with the database well more than 1,000BTC?

Why would he 'accidentally' erase the database?  People might be able to come after him for lost bitcoins, but they can't come after him for the assets, especially unregistered, unregulated assets denominated in something not considered money.  Nefario is the only one with the evidence.  This whole claims process should have been done by someone else at BitcoinGlobal since Nefario pisses his pants when he even imagines a government regulator.

He could have easily sent the assets back first, then the bitcoins.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 07:03:50 PM

A thief asking to return his stolen money is like asking for "fucking respect".

If you deserve it, you will get it.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 07:13:45 PM

https://blockchain.info/address/19vEHZLujAq93v4tzEqVMvbWfhawB8xYh2

sent back the coins, coz of my policy "follow truth".
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 07:29:16 PM

I haven't received a mail nor my coins, even though I submitted a claim as soon as the claim site went live. Anyone else with the same problem?

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 07:36:37 PM

I haven't received a mail nor my coins, even though I submitted a claim as soon as the claim site went live. Anyone else with the same problem?

I just got an email saying my bitcoins were processed, no coins
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 07:44:45 PM

Of course keep the amount Nefario owes you and send back the rest.  For all you know the script was meant to send you the remaining 10% but instead just redid the last payment amount.

Is that sure? Because i didnt get my payment again. So that means nefario took some of my coins as a fee or what? If not i should have gotten the doublepayment. So where did i say yes to this fee?

Why would he 'accidentally' erase the database?  People might be able to come after him for lost bitcoins, but they can't come after him for the assets, especially unregistered, unregulated assets denominated in something not considered money.  Nefario is the only one with the evidence.  This whole claims process should have been done by someone else at BitcoinGlobal since Nefario pisses his pants when he even imagines a government regulator.

If such "accident" or anything happens to the database no one would believe it. Backups are common sense especially for websites handling money.
If this happens it would be clear why. And i fear the anger of people could be enough for him to fear for his life. I mean even now there is so much anger. How will it be when its clear he killed the database? I will not imagine.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
zorgberg

Activity: 62

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 07:49:36 PM

Is there a list of double pay transactions somewhere?

I had most of my coins invested in shares and received a <1 BTC transaction that was my recent dividends from before the shutdown.

Even though it is a small amount I would like to return this if it was double payed, but I really have no clue what my balance was at shutdown.
stochastic

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 07:51:06 PM

I had most of my coins invested in shares and received a <1 BTC transaction that was my recent dividends from before the shutdown.

Even though it is a small amount I would like to return this if it was double payed, but I really have no clue what my balance was at shutdown.

If there was a double payment I am sure Nefario will 'chase you down'.

zorgberg

Activity: 62

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 07:54:51 PM

If there was a double payment I am sure Nefario will 'chase you down'.

Haha yeah...not really all that worried about it.  Plus if someone claims I got double payed, where is the proof?  This thing has not been handled very well.

I mean i haven't been bitching too much since I should have been keeping track better myself of my own accounts, but double payments aside it would have been nice to get your account balance, current assests,  etc. when you login to glbse to make the claim.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 08:04:58 PM

If such "accident" or anything happens to the database no one would believe it. Backups are common sense especially for websites handling money.
If this happens it would be clear why. And i fear the anger of people could be enough for him to fear for his life. I mean even now there is so much anger. How will it be when its clear he killed the database? I will not imagine.

It doesn't matter whether people believe it.  Take a look at the Bitcoinica clusterfuck.  All the anger in the world still hasn't gotten people their funds back and the Intersango guys aren't exactly in hiding.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Lethos

Activity: 476

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 08:07:20 PM

I like many others, still haven't got their bitcoins returned, not even an email, yet he's already managed to send out double payments to some, others have had unusual amounts sent back and a few confirmed an accurate number was returned.
*shakes head*
Not looking good.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: