Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:46:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE Payment Claims (Announce your payment here)  (Read 44364 times)
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 03:55:19 AM

Is there an address where one could see if still payments are going out? I have read nefario scrambled somehow the payments so is it possible to check if he is still paying out? If not he should be ready to spread the asset info i think.
What about it?

I don't think any new payments have been sent out yet.  The last 2 batches were done within a 10 minute time frame.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 02:10:49 PM

That sucks... i mean how long can it take to create such a script? And why did he code an automatic payout script and didnt let it run simulated first?
This one-man-show sucks... When at least another person has insight what is going on... but no...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
bixcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 02:42:22 PM

No email, no payment. Waiting for 250+ BC.
ianspain
Donator

Activity: 164

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 03:51:21 PM

this is fucking lame

BlockChain Capital
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 03:59:44 PM

So Amir Taaki (genjix) was a partner in Bitcoinica, which is going to court for not returning thousands of customer BTC. He is also a partner of GLBSE which is going the same route unless some miracle happens.

Can I get a list of other ventures, apart from Intersango, this "entrepreneur" is involved in?
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:42:14 PM

So Amir Taaki (genjix) was a partner in Bitcoinica, which is going to court for not returning thousands of customer BTC. He is also a partner of GLBSE which is going the same route unless some miracle happens.

Can I get a list of other ventures, apart from Intersango, this "entrepreneur" is involved in?

he collects welfare... does that count?

I read he said "maybe" he collects welfare. Wouldn't be surprised if it were true tough.
PawShaker

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:21:43 AM

Are there any payments planned at all?
Whole 50% of funds have been lost due to double returns?

1FQkH63k6hkexFMTRzLtJEE6ZAaTBRhjiS
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:34:01 AM

get nothing from nefari, money, info and reply.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:03:07 AM

I gave Nefario a paper wallet address and after double checking that the 90% were paid as announced, I was waiting for an email notification for the remaining 10%.

Was not checking the balance after that, since right now I do have other things to do (like processing claims for my ZETA-MINING bonds Sad). Tonight I received an email from Nef asking to return the double payments, which I did after checking that I in fact received two times the exact same payments for two accounts.

My payback address is 15NVXrMhqrkyssA6MowDLahjhhhELjGBoX, for those who keep track of this.

Sorry to you all if not reading the forum and checking my addresses 24/7 caused any delays in the re-payment process.

stochastic

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:50:17 AM

im really starting to think that the double payment "mistake" was not a mistake at all...

It could be a elaborate scheme, but I don't think he has it in him to do that.  I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now on.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
stochastic

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:39:01 PM

im really starting to think that the double payment "mistake" was not a mistake at all...

It could be a elaborate scheme, but I don't think he has it in him to do that.  I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now on.

Just got off the phone with James, he said he's not going to be producing trading history for anyone. As for releasing shareholder data, he said that he's asking for the extra coins his script sent out to be returned, and it looks like he won't be releasing shareholder data to issuers until that happens. He said about 3/4 of the extra coins have been returned.

I take back what I said, he is a crook.  It is unreasonable to expect to receive all the coins he mistakenly sent to other people.  Also there is no proof those bitcoin address were real and not created by Nefario to embezzle funds and make it look like people won't return the coins back.

I believe if he was actually going to return shareholder data to issuers he would have done that first.  He is likely not doing so as it would open him up to liability and his silly fear of the government.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:01:55 PM

Just got off the phone with James, he said he's not going to be producing trading history for anyone. As for releasing shareholder data, he said that he's asking for the extra coins his script sent out to be returned, and it looks like he won't be releasing shareholder data to issuers until that happens. He said about 3/4 of the extra coins have been returned.

I take back what I said, he is a crook.  It is unreasonable to expect to receive all the coins he mistakenly sent to other people.  Also there is no proof those bitcoin address were real and not created by Nefario to embezzle funds and make it look like people won't return the coins back.

I believe if he was actually going to return shareholder data to issuers he would have done that first.  He is likely not doing so as it would open him up to liability and his silly fear of the government.
I can confirm that he sent me double up of the payment I was suppose to get and I sent it all back.
Personally I don't think James is a crook, I think he's in a stressful situation with a lot of pressure which resulted in him fucking up and sending double payments.
//DeaDTerra
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:11:28 PM

Personally I don't think James is a crook

So holding hostage the property of hundreds of innocent bystanders -not to mention all the rest he has done- is fine for you?
Then you see no problem even in bank robberies I guess.
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:15:05 PM

So holding hostage the property of hundreds of innocent bystanders -not to mention all the rest he has done- is fine for you?
I have not yet confirmed that this is the reason why he has not released the information to the issuers and I find it unlikely. As it's probably not the issuers that have the extra BTC but the asset holders. In which case a personal boycott of each person which did not send back the double payment would be more efficient.
I will call James and have a chat with him I am sure that he's not holding anyone hostage over this and that it can be explained.
//DeaDTerra
Indemnified

Activity: 216

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:35:50 PM

I have not yet confirmed that this is the reason why he has not released the information to the issuers and I find it unlikely. As it's probably not the issuers that have the extra BTC but the asset holders. In which case a personal boycott of each person which did not send back the double payment would be more efficient.
I will call James and have a chat with him I am sure that he's not holding anyone hostage over this and that it can be explained.
//DeaDTerra

How is it that you have this privileged phone access to Nefario? Why hasn't Nefario been updating to this forum all along with his intentions and actions (and problems)? I would appreciate information to come directly from Nefario, not processed through the filter of your reported phone conversations. Nefario's lack of communication has been the problem all along.
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:38:49 PM

//DeaDTerra

How is it that you have this privileged phone access to Nefario? Why hasn't Nefario been updating to this forum all along with his intentions and actions (and problems)? I would appreciate information to come directly from Nefario, not processed through the filter of your reported phone conversations. Nefario's lack of communication has been the problem all along.
As I meet him at the Bitcoin conference 2012 and I have been a active user and supporter of GLBSE for over a year Smiley
I am sure he would but it only creates more drama so instead he only updates when there's a official statement to be made.
//DeaDTerra
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:41:10 PM

We know of at least 370 BTC returned by people for sure.
124.84280414 BTC by 17 different people onto a general address.
and 245.7032832 BTC by Zephyr onto an individual address.
Nefario assigns different addresses to different people, which is in accord with popular demand.

These amounts looks like being returned as well:
55.7246187 BTC http://blockchain.info/address/14CQiJAiA5o8go8PWc27BjkNA4v2t7QFEt
37.9993912 BTC http://blockchain.info/address/1AcNDLYUwtDFbUhJLKa5DH7Rw9PKpSy2D7

It sums up to about a half of the double payments. Garr255 cited Nefario saying 3/4 of extra coins are back.
The "honesty factor" is not small and is still growing.

Nefario can give issuers all the data without the assets of the ones who haven't returned the coins.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:56:42 PM

As I meet him at the Bitcoin conference 2012 and I have been a active user and supporter of GLBSE for over a year Smiley
I am sure he would but it only creates more drama so instead he only updates when there's a official statement to be made.
//DeaDTerra

The problem is that "unofficial" statements through third parties look like weasel behaviour.  We have no way to judge their veracity and it gives Nefario plausible deniability.  He needs to make an official statement regarding when he intends to resume the repayment process.  If 75% of the overpayments have been returned there seems to be no good reason why the repayment process can't be resumed right now - from what we've been told, GLBSE should have enough reserves of its own to cover any remaining shortfall.  For someone who's suddenly so worried about legal consequences, Nefario is acting very stupidly if he believes that he can simply refuse to make further repayments or not put issuers and users in contact with each other until the entirely internal problem of some people not having returned their overpayments is solved. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 09:10:33 PM

Is there any way I can get in touch with Nefario? I've submitted my claim, but I've received nothing, nada. No email, no BTC, no list of assets, nothing. Anything I can do besides wait?

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
nomnomnom

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 09:28:35 PM

I take back what I said, he is a crook.  It is unreasonable to expect to receive all the coins he mistakenly sent to other people.  Also there is no proof those bitcoin address were real and not created by Nefario to embezzle funds and make it look like people won't return the coins back.

I believe if he was actually going to return shareholder data to issuers he would have done that first.  He is likely not doing so as it would open him up to liability and his silly fear of the government.

Indeed this is very unreasonable. Returning the shareholder data should have highest priority. What is so hard in pulling the data from the database.
This is handled so unprofessional it's unbelievable.  Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: