Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:24:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE Payment Claims (Announce your payment here)  (Read 44364 times)
DannyM

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 05:05:55 PM

Disclaimer, I am not here to fight about anything, I am not here to tell you what's wrong or what's right or get into any argument. I am done with that. I am here to share what I have been told by Nefario. If you want to listen, listen if not, I won't force you.

This is the situation described to me by Nefario.
Right now about 50% of the double payments has been sent back.
The script for the payout is still broken and James is working to fix it, so that it doesn't send any more double spendings and so that it takes the double spendings into account.
Nefario, is suggesting that if the double spendings are not returned then your account info will not be included in the asset information/list until the payment is sent back.
He could not give me a ETA but it seems like once the script for the payment is fully function, the rest of the payments should follow shortly.

note:(I am not sure of the actual system of asset claim, if it will be a code system similar to the one Goat was given or if it will be a list of information)

I will answer any questions that I feel like and I will ignore the rest.
//DeaDTerra

Is there any ETA on when nefario will have an asset claim system? This is turning out to be worst-case scenario.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RHA

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 05:44:36 PM

The main point of start is here: http://blockchain.info/address/13H7si7r2VsoaDcESxZnweH18H939ndgZL
There begins a chain of 5000 BTC and 3762 BTC.
The latter ends at: http://blockchain.info/address/12rebn6xb2VJt5YfMokUJvV4msdr7KohfG with amount of 1,058.54 BTC
It was used today to the 1000 BTC chain with duplicates of part of the payments from 3762 BTC chain, but in different order.
I thought its pretty hard to guess how much was paid back because he used some kind of anonymizing chain system with the addresses to pay back.
(...)
Care to explain where you have this numbers from? I mean even nefario didnt claim that he already paid back 90% of users money. Which would be a good thing to let go away accuses of he being a scammer regarding the users money.

There is no any anonymization, apart of the Bitcoin mechanism itself.
The chain is an effect of using a series of commands to perform the payments - one transaction per a payment, instead of one transaction for a group of the payments.

When you have a transaction identifier of a payment (like at the beginning of this thread) or a blockchain address (like above) of the payment or double payment,
you can quite easily trace at blockchain.info the chain back (where came the money from) or forth (where went the rest to).
Looking at the chain starting from the 1000 BTC you will see there is a row of smaller transactions, where the main quota is getting smaller and smaller, and each transaction forks a smaller amount into different address. When you look at these addresses, you will see that near all of them has received this smaller amount twice: the first time on 16th Oct (from one of the big chains, starting from 5000 or 3762 BTC) and the second time on 18th Oct (from the chain starting from 1000 BTC).
Many of the transactions were confirmed by people here, so I'm convinced I'd guessed it right.
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 08:55:59 PM

Disclaimer, I am not here to fight about anything, I am not here to tell you what's wrong or what's right or get into any argument. I am done with that. I am here to share what I have been told by Nefario. If you want to listen, listen if not, I won't force you.

This is the situation described to me by Nefario.
Right now about 50% of the double payments has been sent back.
The script for the payout is still broken and James is working to fix it, so that it doesn't send any more double spendings and so that it takes the double spendings into account.
Nefario, is suggesting that if the double spendings are not returned then your account info will not be included in the asset information/list until the payment is sent back.
He could not give me a ETA but it seems like once the script for the payment is fully function, the rest of the payments should follow shortly.

note:(I am not sure of the actual system of asset claim, if it will be a code system similar to the one Goat was given or if it will be a list of information)

I will answer any questions that I feel like and I will ignore the rest.
//DeaDTerra

Is there any ETA on when nefario will have an asset claim system? This is turning out to be worst-case scenario.
He said he could not give me a accurate ETA and that he's working on it.
//DeaDTerra
Jurek

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 09:56:30 PM

Thanks for keeping us posted.

PSYCHOTICBOY IS A THIEF AND A SCAMMER BE WARNED!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129941
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 12:10:50 AM

Nef must not be the best of programmers.

Things that should take a couple of hours to script seem to take GLBSE a couple of weeks.

Anyone know what programming language GLBSE used?

strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 12:13:25 AM

Irish!

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 02:57:13 AM

Nice news. For me another sign that he is sane. He could block but came with a solution.

There is no any anonymization, apart of the Bitcoin mechanism itself.
The chain is an effect of using a series of commands to perform the payments - one transaction per a payment, instead of one transaction for a group of the payments.

When you have a transaction identifier of a payment (like at the beginning of this thread) or a blockchain address (like above) of the payment or double payment,
you can quite easily trace at blockchain.info the chain back (where came the money from) or forth (where went the rest to).
Looking at the chain starting from the 1000 BTC you will see there is a row of smaller transactions, where the main quota is getting smaller and smaller, and each transaction forks a smaller amount into different address. When you look at these addresses, you will see that near all of them has received this smaller amount twice: the first time on 16th Oct (from one of the big chains, starting from 5000 or 3762 BTC) and the second time on 18th Oct (from the chain starting from 1000 BTC).
Many of the transactions were confirmed by people here, so I'm convinced I'd guessed it right.

Ok, thank you for explaining. I know about this transaction thing to connect addresses. Thats why i use electrum now as a wallet.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 03:34:38 AM

Oh? This whole GLBSE/NEFARIO situation not cleared up yet? Wow, big surprise. LOL

Suckers...  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 12:48:01 PM

[Maybe you feel better when you take a look at the first (updated) post of this thread if you didnt do already. It means that already 17% of the usermoney (if it was 8000BTC in total) was returned yet. So something is moving.

Only 17% is REPORTED in this thread, but I'm sure the whole 90% was returned.

There were 8762 BTC returned in two chains: 5000 BTC and 3762 BTC.
The last 1000 BTC of the latter was mistakenly distributed as double payments.

As you see, Nefario supposedly returned near all BTC of users, but the last 1000 BTC which went to improper people.
So part of the people (~1/9) still got nothing, but they should get their money soon, when most of the 1000 BTC is paid back and Nefario send it again, with proper addresses this time.

Just because you recognize a chain of payment it does not mean every fork is a payment for GLBSE users. You are speculating over the expectation that all GLBSE users have being paid in every fork with no evidence whatsoever.

If you verify the taint analysis of few payments declared in this thread, you will realize that such payments does not come from a payment chain.
RHA

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 10:26:00 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2012, 05:58:29 PM by RHA

Just because you recognize a chain of payment it does not mean every fork is a payment for GLBSE users.
Near all of the reported payments was done in these chains. I looked at the chains, found a pattern and finally I presented my best guess.
I used phrases like "I'm sure" or "I'm convinced", to show I present my opinion about a very probable event.
To proof otherwise we would have to sum all unreturned BTC (what people are waiting for) and see how big is the total in comparison to ~9000 BTC.

You are speculating over the expectation that all GLBSE users have being paid in every fork with no evidence whatsoever.
Not all, but most of them. The last 1000 BTC didn't go to proper people, so they have got nothing and are still waiting.

If you verify the taint analysis of few payments declared in this thread, you will realize that such payments does not come from a payment chain.
Just a few (I found just the two of Psychotic Boy's payments). Most of the rest are from 3762 BTC chain.
For me, the timing of the chains confirms the returning of the money but it also shows another thing: it is not done fully automatic (like me or many others would do), but rather by a group of commands - many small scripts written by hand. As such it is quite slow and prone to errors.  It worries me. It is not a good sign for successful passing of the assets info to the issuers.

Augusto, you have much greater experience with Bitcoin - do you see here any different pattern?
2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 09:55:17 PM

About the double payments, are you returning the full second payment or you subtract the remaining 10% of your funds.

I've too received double payment  - it's a small amount ~2.10 BTC and I'm willing to return it, but there are a lot of uncertain things around the whole Nefario situation. It would be nice if I receive an email or something from GLBSE with instructions and bitcoin address for returns. 

burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 10:31:52 PM

About the double payments, are you returning the full second payment or you subtract the remaining 10% of your funds.

I've too received double payment  - it's a small amount ~2.10 BTC and I'm willing to return it, but there are a lot of uncertain things around the whole Nefario situation. It would be nice if I receive an email or something from GLBSE with instructions and bitcoin address for returns. 

This is somewhat sickening to hear... That you received a double payment but did not receive any kind of communication from GLBSE asking for it back.  Ugh.

I guess check your spam folder, but if there's nothing in there then it would seem Nefario either isn't aware of all the double payments, or isn't actively pursuing them.  Not good either way.
2GOOD

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 10:42:13 PM

Just checked that out... Nothing in the spam folder. I'll leave it that way for now and keep you posted if I receive something from Nefario.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 04:26:36 AM

2GOOD... nefario claimed in his blog that he is through half of the list of double payments. I interpret it that he contacted half of the users yet. So i guess you will get a mail soon. If not that would be a bad sign indeed if it isnt in your spamfolder too.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 08:45:16 AM

Since we did not get a confirmation of the email address we submitted to GLBSE as part of the shut down process it is not inconceivable that people made a mistake entering their email address and hence can not be contacted by Nefario for any double payments they might have received.... or by any Asset Issuer for that matter. I guess it was too much to ask to have a second field with a confirmation of the email we wanted to use.... Huh
2GOOD

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 09:56:54 AM

Since we did not get a confirmation of the email address we submitted to GLBSE as part of the shut down process it is not inconceivable that people made a mistake entering their email address and hence can not be contacted by Nefario for any double payments they might have received.... or by any Asset Issuer for that matter. I guess it was too much to ask to have a second field with a confirmation of the email we wanted to use.... Huh

NO, the case is different.. I've received the 90% email and shortly after that the coins.. so no new emails in inbox or spam/trash/space folder from GLBSE.

bixcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 03:07:48 PM

NO, the case is different.. I've received the 90% email and shortly after that the coins.. so no new emails in inbox or spam/trash/space folder from GLBSE.
Cant believe that I, and so many other people trustet such a moron with so much of our money. Lesson learned.
Jurek

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 08:44:13 PM

Cant believe that I, and so many other people trustet such a moron with so much of our money. Lesson learned.

that's my motto Wink

"Funny" how he doesn't  care to give us any updates. Last we heard from this jackass was 24 oct.. Would it hurt to give at least a single statement a day? I tried sending him desperate emails how fucked I am without that money, guess what, didn't even care to say "i'm sorry".. Has anyone paid this idiot a visit yet?

PSYCHOTICBOY IS A THIEF AND A SCAMMER BE WARNED!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129941
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 08:47:40 PM

email yes, no coins.
probably means my open orders were filled OR my coins have been sent elsewhere.

any ideas?
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 09:31:58 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2012, 12:18:27 AM by MPOE-PR

that's my motto Wink

"Funny" how he doesn't  care to give us any updates. Last we heard from this jackass was 24 oct.. Would it hurt to give at least a single statement a day? I tried sending him desperate emails how fucked I am without that money, guess what, didn't even care to say "i'm sorry".. Has anyone paid this idiot a visit yet?

Obviously he is "maintaining his dignity".

Yes. The ETA will be disclosed soon.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: