Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:08:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of the paper money  (Read 416523 times)
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 09:59:07 AM

I personally pay more and will pay utility bills using real money. Even the salary I get it in hard cash and I think that this trend is still quite long.
but in my country today most companies are already using payroll systems with the help of banks. not the cash anymore. so all expenses can be monitored. This is a sign that paper money has started at left
i think these companies may do not know about bitcoin. because bitcoin is too good as if we compare to paypal. i think the service of papal is also not available everywhere. while the service of bitcoin is available every were . the fees of bitcoin is also very low as compare to the transaction fee of bitcoin.
Just imagine that you are an ordinary, average worker at a company, and not a bitcoin user on this forum Smiley
If your company offers you tomorrow, that you can get your salary in bitcoin, or you can get it in real money, would you choose bitcoin?
Imagine, that you know bitcoin, or you have heard about it before, so you know both options. (Most of average workers don't)
Are there enough shops, pump stations, etc. to be able to live your everyday life with bitcoin in your wallet?
This is where we need to improve. Or, to improve the existing bitcoin funded debit cards, because this can help people use bitcoin in shops where they can use their normal VISA or other card. And in this case the shop won't notice that you have payed with a bitcoin card or with a normal VISA card.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:11:58 AM

I personally pay more and will pay utility bills using real money. Even the salary I get it in hard cash and I think that this trend is still quite long.
but in my country today most companies are already using payroll systems with the help of banks. not the cash anymore. so all expenses can be monitored. This is a sign that paper money has started at left
i think these companies may do not know about bitcoin. because bitcoin is too good as if we compare to paypal. i think the service of papal is also not available everywhere. while the service of bitcoin is available every were . the fees of bitcoin is also very low as compare to the transaction fee of bitcoin.

Everything is getting digital now and people also prefer to go for cashless world as no one wants to carry hard cash in their wallet but the fact is people prefer to use debit/credit cards for making purchases as they are not aware about bitcoins yet but in future when they will know about bitcoin I am sure they will start using bitcoins too.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:25:29 AM

Everything is getting digital now and people also prefer to go for cashless world as no one wants to carry hard cash in their wallet but the fact is people prefer to use debit/credit cards for making purchases as they are not aware about bitcoins yet but in future when they will know about bitcoin I am sure they will start using bitcoins too.
There is a few count of people who are starting to use bitcoin as their payment system or secondary currency because they already know the advantages of bitcoin and that is why most of the people in the world are not using bitcoin because 'they don't know what are the advantages'. If we or the major bitcoin supporters will explain and promote bitcoin, it will help the people and also the investors because the price will be high. Bigger amount of users/buyers  = more expensive price.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 12:47:55 PM

As for me, then paper money do not bother me. Even as it is convenient and fun to use them. I would leave their work and cooperate with bitcoin.
although the paper money can still be used, but times have changed, all will be completely online and digital. so inevitably paper money will be replaced with something newer
Indeed, this is already happening. nowadays most of first world people only use online sources of payments. they do all their shoppings, top ups, and pay bills with online bankings.. the paper money can be replaced but the currency it self will exist. like paper dollars can be vanished but 'dollar" it self will remain and will become digital.
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:01:57 PM

Just imagine that you are an ordinary, average worker at a company, and not a bitcoin user on this forum Smiley
If your company offers you tomorrow, that you can get your salary in bitcoin, or you can get it in real money, would you choose bitcoin?

Possibly. You don't have to answer the company's offer right away as they sure are aware that not all people are aware about bitcoin. After searching what bitcoin is, you might get interested. Bitcoin is nothing but a currency (although most people treat it as an investment). The only difference is that bitcoin has more chances of having a higher value than what it was.

Imagine how much more your salary can get when the price of bitcoin has increased.

Are there enough shops, pump stations, etc. to be able to live your everyday life with bitcoin in your wallet?

We're not there yet but we will be eventually. You always have to convert your bitcoins to fiat first as bitcoin isn't mainstream yet.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:27:23 PM

Possibly. You don't have to answer the company's offer right away as they sure are aware that not all people are aware about bitcoin. After searching what bitcoin is, you might get interested. Bitcoin is nothing but a currency (although most people treat it as an investment). The only difference is that bitcoin has more chances of having a higher value than what it was.

Imagine how much more your salary can get when the price of bitcoin has increased.

We're not there yet but we will be eventually. You always have to convert your bitcoins to fiat first as bitcoin isn't mainstream yet.

Well if it were up to me i think i'd rather have it fiat. This is considering that i haven't heard of btc yet before i was offered the choice. Of course my trust in btc would be after i'ves used it so i don't think that even after researching about btc i'd agree to get my salary through it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
revans

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 02:02:39 PM

I think bitcoin debit card is the answer to your question as it can be used for shopping anywhere like other debit or credit cards and in that case you don't need to convert it to fiat currency to spend your bitcoins as I am easily using bitcoin debit card for online as well as offline shopping without paying any fees.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 02:03:06 PM

Good point Smiley

This is why I wrote that you don't need to convert your bitcoins (on exchanges, or etc) for the everyday spendings if you have a debit card connected directly to your wallet (like Xapo and others).
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 02:12:42 PM

I dont know how long it will take, but sooner or later cash will disappear, maby not in 5 years but they will

I think you are right one day or another, paper money will disappear, but  I don't think this is going to be happening in five or ten years. This is going to be much longer than this timing. At the moment, even for buying bitcoin we need paper money. Maybe you use a credit card or a debit card, but there is a people in the world who has never used them in their whole lives.

Even credit card and debit card points to the paper money and it is just a way to spend receive paper money. Paper money has been for ages and it is used in the smallest village or town where there is no technology. Getting rid so such a thing and replacing it with a hifi technology like bitcoin is not easy and i will take at least 50 years or maybe more.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
achow102

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 03:59:52 PM

I dont know how long it will take, but sooner or later cash will disappear, maby not in 5 years but they will

I think you are right one day or another, paper money will disappear, but  I don't think this is going to be happening in five or ten years. This is going to be much longer than this timing. At the moment, even for buying bitcoin we need paper money. Maybe you use a credit card or a debit card, but there is a people in the world who has never used them in their whole lives.

Even credit card and debit card points to the paper money and it is just a way to spend receive paper money. Paper money has been for ages and it is used in the smallest village or town where there is no technology. Getting rid so such a thing and replacing it with a hifi technology like bitcoin is not easy and i will take at least 50 years or maybe more.

Yes, I also think that cryptocurrency in the coming years will not be able to replace paper money. But cryptocurrency can be a good alternative. It seems to me that in a few years the dollar and Bitcoin will be used together
South Park

Activity: 2870
Merit: 794

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 09:14:58 PM

Paper money will last a lot more than that, I know people that don’t even know how to send and email or to remember a short password so, the banking system and unfortunately the bitcoin world are way beyond what they can grasp in their minds.

I don´t think so, paper money will be replaced by plastic cards (visa, mastercard, debit card), in europe many countries already have a maximum amount you are allowed to pay with paper. No paper brings several advantages to those who are in charge to decide this (easy control, "print money" would mean press a button, decreasing of not taxing your work,...)
Most money already exist only in electronic form as numbers on the screen on a bank or a record in paper, so we don’t need to eliminate paper money for that to happen since it is estimated than more than 90% of the money in the world is in this form.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 09:48:28 PM

It certainly will not be a process of a few years, as some people think, but there are different reasons that can lead people to adopt the currency at a faster rate. As you said yourself, credit and debit cards are a way to spend fiat currency, and the simple fact that such services depend on a physical currency already brings higher costs compared to using Bitcoin.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:44:21 PM

yes currently people do not have the facilities in most area. but it also depend on bitcoin users. where the number of bitcoin users are more there they have the facilities.
rchstr

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:01:31 AM

yes currently people do not have the facilities in most area. but it also depend on bitcoin users. where the number of bitcoin users are more there they have the facilities.

yes they will not invest if they only know that they will lose. so the investors only invest facilities to those places or areas where they are huge amount of users of bitcoin. they will invest in there so that they can earn from the volume of users of bitcoin. investors dont want to risk their money in investing not sure profit.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1343

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 06:47:05 AM

Right, technology is the main aspect here. For the paper money to be replaced everyone would need an internet access and hardware to operate on, even a cheap smartphone.
In reality this will take many years to accomplish. Take a look:

In most European countries less than 70% of the population has internet access, in many countries less than 50%. This would have to be at least 90% for the paper money to be removed.

But why would you need internet with your credit card, you might ask. Because a credit card doesn't show you the balance and you need to be able to check it daily without going to town to look for an ATM. Without this you'd never know how much money you have left, like you do when holding cash in your wallet. Also without internet every single worker would need to carry a card reader. A pizza guy, a plumber, they would all have to be able to take card payments - very annoying.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
danherbias07
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1114

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 07:32:11 AM

Yes, I also think that cryptocurrency in the coming years will not be able to replace paper money. But cryptocurrency can be a good alternative. It seems to me that in a few years the dollar and Bitcoin will be used together

It should be. It is more convenient for us and more people will be seeing it. We know that USD is very much accepted spevially in poor countries. If the two can be combined then a big change will happen for both bitcoin value and USD. Just have to be careful with the illegal transactions though.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
rchstr

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 09:01:21 AM

It should be. It is more convenient for us and more people will be seeing it. We know that USD is very much accepted spevially in poor countries. If the two can be combined then a big change will happen for both bitcoin value and USD. Just have to be careful with the illegal transactions though.

yes it is much useful if both paper money and cryptocurrency is mixed. doing so it will be help more percentage of the world to have access to a more easy mode of payment. having those two will make our world more productive and more easy to live.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 09:17:22 AM

For USD paper bills to be acceptable worldwide they need to be save from counterfeits (the "funny money") and exactly there digital signatures are reaching new frontiers

basesaw

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 09:42:20 AM

For USD paper bills to be acceptable worldwide they need to be save from counterfeits (the "funny money") and exactly there digital signatures are reaching new frontiers

i think usd is now acceptable worldwide. the counterfeits can be easily classified as there are scanners of usd everywhere and can be bought somewhere. there are specialized characters or signatures that is indicated to the bill that makes it unique so it is more easy to classify the counterfeited money.
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 09:47:47 AM

As for me, then paper money do not bother me. Even as it is convenient and fun to use them. I would leave their work and cooperate with bitcoin.
we can't deny the importance of fait money..... i think it has its own importance and bitcoin has its own.... you can't use bitcoin without exchanging into paper money...........
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 285 »
  Print  

Jump to: