Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:46:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon 6 Vs Antminer S7, which one you will choose?  (Read 38725 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:30:05 AM

Finally , Avalon get the Avalon6 spec in public officially .

Avalon6 Specification
Hash rate:    3.65T±10%
Power at wall   1100W(power efficiency 90%)。
Quantity of chip   80
Power connector   4x 6PIN,you need to connect all 4 connectors when running
Cooling fan   12038, current min: 1.6A ,Max:2.8A
Max speed: 3800RPM
Temperature   Max Temperature of intake :38℃
Controller   Raspberry PI(version 1,B,B+),。
Each Raspberry PI can control 60 units
AUC   max 6 units can be connected in series with each AUC
Protection   The machine will not start when the fan is damaged 。
Dimension   136×150×334mm
Weight   4.8kg
INGRESS PROTECTION   IP20
Power supply   1200W 80 plus gold power supply recommended
Voltage:  min:11.7V   max: 12.2V

hey it's below the s7 but if the cost is half or around that, it could be a very good mienrs to start with, to bad it's 1100w, not good for residential houses
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:34:50 AM

Price, price, price

If it's the same like s7, i got no interest.

Maybe they will price it like 4.1 vs s5........ Roll Eyes
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:57:16 AM

A lot will depend on price & delivery date, but particularly for those of us with $0.15 electricity, I think it's a bit late in the Day for a J/GH of 0.3

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 07:06:15 AM

A lot will depend on price & delivery date, but particularly for those of us with $0.15 electricity, I think it's a bit late in the Day for a J/GH of 0.3

Rich

I would agree price will be key.   I'm interested to see what it costs.

They did do what looks like a production model, and not early prototype. So that is a little positive news as that could mean sooner.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 07:16:29 AM

Rich

I would agree price will be key.   I'm interested to see what it costs.

They did do what looks like a production model, and not early prototype. So that is a little positive news as that could mean sooner.

Warranty? Is it 90 days (I think) like the S7 etc...not thrilled with this 90 day stuff even thou I'm 99% never gonna mine a miner again
(less then 50 buck usb toys or some such  don't count) but big ass miners for the home are 'done' at my 13c kwh rate .Indeed!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 07:23:04 AM

Rich

I would agree price will be key.   I'm interested to see what it costs.

Warranty? Is it 90 days (I think) like the S7 etc...not thrilled with this 90 day stuff even thou I'm 99% never gonna mine a miner again
(less then 50 buck usb toys or some such  don't count) but big ass miners for the home are 'done' at my 13c kwh rate .Indeed!

Below from E-hash:

Q: What warranties does Avalon miner carry?
A:Avalon miner carries a 90 days warranty which begins from the very first day your order arrives. We promise to replace them with new miners but mining earnings will not be compensated.
Situations below will invalidate your Avalon miner warranty:

The miner is disassembled manually or takes any man-made damages, such as breaking off, crack, chipping, component missing, etc
    Damaged by lightning stroke, or unstable voltage surge;
    Circuit board was burned out or any chips burn-out;
    Damage caused by water inflow or water soak;
    Expired warranty period.

With invalid warranty, we can still provide you with non-free maintenance service.

I cant say as far as RMA but they were very nice when I needed help with a RPI image.  For some reason my controller saw no miner, it was beyond me.  They had a guru log on and he was able to upload a new firmware I believe to image and it worked.  Very nice and easy to work with as far as that.
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 03:27:30 PM

Avalon now have a partner in USA that will manage the RMA and the sell. This is a really good new imho. We will probably get better support and cheap shipping price.  Grin

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 04:33:09 PM

Avalon now have a partner in USA that will manage the RMA and the sell. This is a really good new imho. We will probably get better support and cheap shipping price.  Grin

That's quiet a relief, its pretty much more of a real warranty if we don't need to pay insane costs to ship it back to Bitmain.

The efficiency is relatively low compared to whats coming and even what's already out. So hopefully the price will match. I might be interested in buying them if they were at 700-825$ per unit. I'm under the impression there will be a premium like for the 4.1, so maybe they will try to sell it for 1000-1100, however.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
highaltitude20322

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 05:07:38 PM

That is awsome news. I'm thinking about picking up another SHA miner. I haven't ran an Avalon before, if the specs hold up I'm really interested in this. Having a partner in the US is big for me!
Blockhunter

Activity: 871
Merit: 505

Founder of Incakoin

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 05:50:44 PM

Oh that is awesome! Who is their partner and do they have a current site with a shop?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3plynq/avalon_6_vs_antminer_s7_which_one_you_will_choose/

https://YankeeSeed.com
Cannabis Genetics
Blockhunter

Activity: 871
Merit: 505

Founder of Incakoin

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 08:15:21 PM

It probably not but it would be interesting to find out what thier plans are....

https://YankeeSeed.com
Cannabis Genetics
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:45:56 PM

Oh that is awesome! Who is their partner and do they have a current site with a shop?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3plynq/avalon_6_vs_antminer_s7_which_one_you_will_choose/
This doesn't say who the resaler is at all and makes it sound less confirmed.

The official re-seller no doubt will be ehash.  That is  CANAAN CREATIVE's official online store (Avalon's official store).  So that one most likely will be cheapest to buy unless they team up with someone else.

iTOPshop.net get credit for releasing specs once again.  I'm starting to be surprised companies send to them specs as they seem to be first one wanting to release specs, which is great for us but companies I'm not sure wanted them released.  I just wish we knew the price.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:49:08 PM

The official re-seller no doubt will be ehash.  That is  CANAAN CREATIVE's official online store (Avalon's official store).  So that one most likely will be cheapest to buy unless they team up with someone else.

iTOPshop.net get credit for releasing specs once again.  I'm starting to be surprised companies send to them specs as they seem to be first one wanting to release specs, which is great for us but companies I'm not sure wanted them released.  I just wish we knew the price.

When ITOP released the S5+ specs, it took very little time before we saw the official announcement, then pricing. So good odds they'll come out of the wood with a price tag soon...

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:55:36 PM

When ITOP released the S5+ specs, it took very little time before we saw the official announcement, then pricing. So good odds they'll come out of the wood with a price tag soon...

I would agree it looks like "soon".  That miner looks like a production miner not prototype.  As it really has finish to it, and looks pretty much done.

So I'm hoping price "soon" but guess we will see.  I like ITOP more and more each time they do the first to post thing.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:58:47 AM

I would agree it looks like "soon".  That miner looks like a production miner not prototype.  As it really has finish to it, and looks pretty much done.

So I'm hoping price "soon" but guess we will see.  I like ITOP more and more each time they do the first to post thing.
Yeah I have no clue how they get their information, they must have someone who is near the area when they fabricate a lot of the miners.

I'm wondering the same.  I can't imagine companies sending them specs early at this point.   They love being first to release.  So it works great for us miners, I love it.

But as a mining manufacture I would think you would be unhappy to see it posted on forum by someone else.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:25:54 AM

This thread is useless without price AND guaranteed delivery date.

No different then what is going on with the SP50 thread.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:32:38 AM

I think that the Avalon 6 will be out before SP50 but that is a guess.  I just think that miner looked pretty production ready.

I  think SP50 has a lot more hurdles being the huge miner.  And it announced lower electricity use.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:41:40 AM

I think that the Avalon 6 will be out before SP50 but that is a guess.  I just think that miner looked pretty production ready.

I  think SP50 has a lot more hurdles being the huge miner.  And it announced lower electricity use.

There's also a very low chance of getting in the first production batch(es) unless you rubbed Spoondoolies with a fat stack of bills and pre ordered before the others. But Valkir sent them a e-mail one months ago asking for a quote for a small group buy and he has not posted back with them giving a reply yet.

So good chances its going to take quite a while longer still. Perhaps not before 2016.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ngzhang

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:57:18 AM

sorry guys, on avalon6S, my major design goal is to lower the cost and keep it stable & reliable at the same time.

look, most of your attention is price, price, price. how can i waste any more cents on user expreiences?  Undecided

ng

Only some few ones shout price price price.

Look, there are 3 pages following mentioned "price " dozens of times. So I'm right. Grin

The picture you got is a prototype. Final product will be natural steel color, not painted.

About noise, I just did a short test in my lab. It's ~70db @ 1M, full fan speed (~3800rpm), include
a noisy server PSU. Air in-take temp is ~ 30C, board temp is ~ 72C. Will significantly lower the
noise by lower the fan rpm, but the ambient temperature should be low.

In this design, I leave the fan out of the case, in order to change the fan fast. This is a very important feature for large facilities.

About price and delivery plan, I will not announce business information here. But I think there will no long wait.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 07:14:03 AM

sorry guys, on avalon6S, my major design goal is to lower the cost and keep it stable & reliable at the same time.

look, most of your attention is price, price, price. how can i waste any more cents on user expreiences?  Undecided

ng

Only some few ones shout price price price.

Look, there are 3 pages following mentioned "price " dozens of times. So I'm right. Grin

The picture you got is a prototype. Final product will be natural steel color, not painted.

About noise, I just did a short test in my lab. It's ~70db @ 1M, full fan speed (~3800rpm), include
a noisy server PSU. Air in-take temp is ~ 30C, board temp is ~ 72C. Will significantly lower the
noise by lower the fan rpm, but the ambient temperature should be low.

In this design, I leave the fan out of the case, in order to change the fan fast. This is a very important feature for large facilities.

About price and delivery plan, I will not announce business information here. But I think there will no long wait.

Thanks for the update!  That is great to hear not long.  A lot of us are excited to hear more about it.

Happy to see you reading the forum Smiley.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: