Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:53:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon 6 Vs Antminer S7, which one you will choose?  (Read 38725 times)
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:20:01 AM

What 4 month RoI?

Nothing currently on the market will RoI at ALL unless (1) you have very cheap electric, OR (2) Bitcoin price keeps going up as fast or almost as fast as difficulty.

Given the economic woes in China, I'm actually starting to think (2) might happen for a while.....

Then you are saying 4 months isn't enough to ROI in mining? then maybe 6 months or 7 might? or what do you suggest? now that bitcoin is still going up, now many is buying bitcoin right now what can you say how many months you will gonna ROI now? Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:19:03 AM

I don't think any of these companies price their products properly. Why? Cause people used to buy them for 10k+ no questions asked. Now? Everyone is buying out or trying to milk it.

Avalon6 is overpriced. Won't doubt it if the S7 lite price makes people think twice, too.

People accept the 4month ROI. It's easy to price everything accordingly.

Their target market are people with established and profitable rigs looking to upgrade in bulk not people trying to buy one for fun or hobbyist who view this as a lottery attempt. You're better off taking your cash to the actual lottery unless you're shelling out at least 5k.

Your forgetting price of BTC during some of the purchases.  Like when I purchased my dragon at the time I felt i spent a ton on it.... but BTC was worth a good amount so it seemed fair.  But miners were not cheap during start of asics.

It was 3 month ROI on most GPU rigs... and that ended and time is now much much longer to ROI.

Also power has changed it's moving more twords what I call hobby mining.  It's getting more and more where you need a area for miners.  With them getting bigger, louder, and more powerful it's hard to slap one in a room anymore.

Things are changing.  I think hobby miners will do fine for foreseeable future, home miners wanting to put in a room they use going down in numbers.

I would love to see how many people run under 500GH/s today and their actual return compared to the environmental impact.... errr... cost of electricity. As well as the effect on the network hash rate and difficulty. Plus with credit card companies and banks investing? People are banking for a spike they already missed lol

But I'm not an analyst.  I'm just watching and waiting.

I think it all comes down to the amount of profit for the maker.  Bigger machine = bigger profit (in most cases).    I personally don't mind loud and powerful since I have a mining area.

Home miners the ones with limited room and limited electricity will be the one's who are hurting for new gear I think.   I don't see many of these being able to be used as a quiet heater in a room.  Just to loud so it's really for a different market.
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:24:20 AM

Personally i will not buy any of these 2, because i don't do mining.
About which one to choose i think for now the Antminer S7.
If you are looking to purchase the Avalon 6 then i think to wait and see the reviews what people think about it.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:49:07 AM

If you are looking to purchase the Avalon 6 then i think to wait and see the reviews what people think about it.

If you are not mining then why are you here? maybe your still interested about mining, hehe I am not mining too (for now!) just reading thoughts of other miners and planing what to use best, but avalon 6 specs are great still waiting for other comply about it. Grin
prodigy8

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:52:02 AM

If you are not mining then why are you here? maybe your still interested about mining, hehe I am not mining too (for now!) just reading thoughts of other miners and planing what to use best, but avalon 6 specs are great still waiting for other comply about it. Grin

When i said i don't mine it means in the present time.
It doesn't mean that i didn't mined in the past, i am here to read and if something is interesting then i would immediately invest.
Mining is profitable if the electricity cost is cheap or free, you have a good budget and have a mining farm.
Both of these 2 types of miners are good, but people should be patient before investing and should wait for the reviews.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:59:19 AM

It doesn't mean that i didn't mined in the past, i am here to read and if something is interesting then i would immediately invest.
Mining is profitable if the electricity cost is cheap or free, you have a good budget and have a mining farm.
Both of these 2 types of miners are good, but people should be patient before investing and should wait for the reviews.

Oh, that is why Grin yup and reading here keeps my interest in mining up, thanks for the advice sir I'll keep that in mind unfortunately electricity is expensive here I am searching a place where electricity is free and maybe in the province will do.
prodigy8

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 12:07:25 PM

Oh, that is why Grin yup and reading here keeps my interest in mining up, thanks for the advice sir I'll keep that in mind unfortunately electricity is expensive here I am searching a place where electricity is free and maybe in the province will do.

About the electricity i think the cheapest price should be in China.
They mostly generate the electricity from hydroelectric power (from water).
And most of mining hardware are produced there, so it would be cheaper to operate there and buying lots of Antminer S7.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 12:33:38 PM

And most of mining hardware are produced there, so it would be cheaper to operate there and buying lots of Antminer S7.

Unfortunately I think I lose hope about electricity, hydroelectric power in china well they are amazing that is one point about them, I think in one of our provinces we have electric wind turbine and can generate cheap electricity well I think that the best place to mine here.
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:16:15 PM

I don't think any of these companies price their products properly. Why? Cause people used to buy them for 10k+ no questions asked. Now? Everyone is buying out or trying to milk it.

Avalon6 is overpriced. Won't doubt it if the S7 lite price makes people think twice, too.

Their target market are people with established and profitable rigs looking to upgrade in bulk not people trying to buy one for fun or hobbyist who view this as a lottery attempt. You're better off taking your cash to the actual lottery unless you're shelling out at least 5k.

Although i agree with your statement on the prices.  Those that bought the miners with btc suffer with the rise in prise.. those that bought with usd are laughing all the way to the bank.(that is the nature and risk of mining) Hell i bought 30 s1 when btc was 650 only to watch it drop all way down to 300 making the s1 not profitable.. had i not mined solo and found 7 blocks they would prolly never roi considering i bought them with cash.  With regards to the lottery, if you live in my state your gonna be surprised when its time to go cash in that ticket. Roll Eyes  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-lottery-lawsuit-met-20150909-story.html  this was the cap at 25k article  and since our lovely govt cant ever get there shit together they have now a month later moved that down to 600$ (yet they continue to sell tickets like nothing is wrong!)  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-lottery-delayed-payouts-met-20151014-story.html   what i find alarming is they are now expecting the small business to fork over the winnings for the smaller tickets and then those businesses will then have to fight illinois for the back payments.. Could put some small stores in a bind. Not like they give a shit.. but anyway thought id share this:)

Best Regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:19:57 PM

Unfortunately I think I lose hope about electricity, hydroelectric power in china well they are amazing that is one point about them, I think in one of our provinces we have electric wind turbine and can generate cheap electricity well I think that the best place to mine here.

China is not only place but it's very popular right now. Part of it is the machines for most part are made there.  So buy a truckload of miners.  I think one of the largest ones is actually not in China but Mongolia if I remember right.

There are a few in  US.  But it's not that common for the super cheap electricity.  Most of US have more normal 10ish or so depends some have under some have higher. I mean block C the new US distributor of avalon picked San Fransisco.

I think where this could really matter is having.  But we really are not sure what having will look like.

SeventhWatcher

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:53:55 PM

Although i agree with your statement on the prices.  Those that bought the miners with btc suffer with the rise in prise.. those that bought with usd are laughing all the way to the bank.(that is the nature and risk of mining) Hell i bought 30 s1 when btc was 650 only to watch it drop all way down to 300 making the s1 not profitable.. had i not mined solo and found 7 blocks they would prolly never roi considering i bought them with cash.  With regards to the lottery, if you live in my state your gonna be surprised when its time to go cash in that ticket. Roll Eyes  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-lottery-lawsuit-met-20150909-story.html  this was the cap at 25k article  and since our lovely govt cant ever get there shit together they have now a month later moved that down to 600$ (yet they continue to sell tickets like nothing is wrong!)  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-lottery-delayed-payouts-met-20151014-story.html   what i find alarming is they are now expecting the small business to fork over the winnings for the smaller tickets and then those businesses will then have to fight illinois for the back payments.. Could put some small stores in a bind. Not like they give a shit.. but anyway thought id share this:)

Best Regards
d57heinz

Lol yuuuup. Its crazy.

And then people try to sell used equipment for more than original retail. Probably because they bought in bitcoin and can't keep up. Smh...

If the S7 lite is priced at 1k? Sign me up for 5-10 of those babies. That will kill the Avalon and I'm damn certain antminer will still make bank off us. Make it a black Friday sale if they wanna charge 1500 for it cause it's just a little better and people will buy it.

If not? Maybe a Avalon group buy. Negotiate that 900-1k price in a bulk order.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:05:32 PM

Although i agree with your statement on the prices.  Those that bought the miners with btc suffer with the rise in prise.. those that bought with usd are laughing all the way to the bank.(that is the nature and risk of mining) Hell i bought 30 s1 when btc was 650 only to watch it drop all way down to 300 making the s1 not profitable.. had i not mined solo and found 7 blocks they would prolly never roi considering i bought them with cash.  With regards to the lottery, if you live in my state your gonna be surprised when its time to go cash in that ticket. Roll Eyes  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-lottery-lawsuit-met-20150909-story.html  this was the cap at 25k article  and since our lovely govt cant ever get there shit together they have now a month later moved that down to 600$ (yet they continue to sell tickets like nothing is wrong!)  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-lottery-delayed-payouts-met-20151014-story.html   what i find alarming is they are now expecting the small business to fork over the winnings for the smaller tickets and then those businesses will then have to fight illinois for the back payments.. Could put some small stores in a bind. Not like they give a shit.. but anyway thought id share this:)

Best Regards
d57heinz

Lol yuuuup. Its crazy.

And then people try to sell used equipment for more than original retail. Probably because they bought in bitcoin and can't keep up. Smh...

If the S7 lite is priced at 1k? Sign me up for 5-10 of those babies. That will kill the Avalon and I'm damn certain antminer will still make bank off us. Make it a black Friday sale if they wanna charge 1500 for it cause it's just a little better and people will buy it.

Yeah i do not really understand the pricing scheme. But if you look at Ebay, apparently people are still buying crap, like S1 or USB or old 3J/GH stuff at 0.30$/GH. I'm not sure if its because there's so many desperate/unknowledgeable gamblers that buy all they can find or what...

But other than that, i don't see why people would be buying the Avalon6 at 1300$, the S7 has better efficiency and cheaper $/GH.

And indeed if the S7 lite is indeed a 2 bladed S7, then unless Bitmain crank up the price like crazy, it will leave the Avalon6 in the dust.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:16:35 PM

Although i agree with your statement on the prices.  Those that bought the miners with btc suffer with the rise in prise.. those that bought with usd are laughing all the way to the bank.(that is the nature and risk of mining) Hell i bought 30 s1 when btc was 650 only to watch it drop all way down to 300 making the s1 not profitable.. had i not mined solo and found 7 blocks they would prolly never roi considering i bought them with cash.  With regards to the lottery, if you live in my state your gonna be surprised when its time to go cash in that ticket. Roll Eyes  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-lottery-lawsuit-met-20150909-story.html  this was the cap at 25k article  and since our lovely govt cant ever get there shit together they have now a month later moved that down to 600$ (yet they continue to sell tickets like nothing is wrong!)  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-lottery-delayed-payouts-met-20151014-story.html   what i find alarming is they are now expecting the small business to fork over the winnings for the smaller tickets and then those businesses will then have to fight illinois for the back payments.. Could put some small stores in a bind. Not like they give a shit.. but anyway thought id share this:)

Best Regards
d57heinz

Lol yuuuup. Its crazy.

Yeah i do not really understand the pricing scheme. But if you look at Ebay, apparently people are still buying crap, like S1 or USB or old 3J/GH stuff at 0.30$/GH. I'm not sure if its because there's so many desperate/unknowledgeable gamblers that buy all they can find or what...

But other than that, i don't see why people would be buying the Avalon6 at 1300$, the S7 has better efficiency and cheaper $/GH.

And indeed if the S7 lite is indeed a 2 bladed S7, then unless Bitmain crank up the price like crazy, it will leave the Avalon6 in the dust.

I have a love/hate relationship with ebay.  I hate the fees ebay, paypal...etc.  It really does add up.  I have found normally even after all that I get more on used gear there then here on forum.  On forum here a lot want a bargin, so it makes it tough.   Ebay you can sell a good amount higher in some cases.

I have only had one weird one.   I had 2 C1's one worked fully other had some hashing boards that dropped.   I sold working one on ebay... thought I did decent felt good..... but I sold a parts C1 on forum and I made more money parting out C1 then I did for a working one.   Part of it was I had upgraded pump, wire harness, etc.  But the full unit came with it.  It's the only time I have felt like better deal was on forum.
ngzhang

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:23:55 PM

hmmm... interesting thread.

SeventhWatcher

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:33:05 PM

Best Regards
d57heinz

Lol yuuuup. Its crazy.

I have a love/hate relationship with ebay.  I hate the fees ebay, paypal...etc.  It really does add up.  I have found normally even after all that I get more on used gear there then here on forum.  On forum here a lot want a bargin, so it makes it tough.   Ebay you can sell a good amount higher in some cases.

I have only had one weird one.   I had 2 C1's one worked fully other had some hashing boards that dropped.   I sold working one on ebay... thought I did decent felt good..... but I sold a parts C1 on forum and I made more money parting out C1 then I did for a working one.   Part of it was I had upgraded pump, wire harness, etc.  But the full unit came with it.  It's the only time I have felt like better deal was on forum.

I love my tech. Scouring dealsnow and techbargain was just a hobby even if I had something great already. Even Apple understands, "if I release a new product? Price match the old or even beat it, and and don't try to sell year old (marketplacers) and used tech for more than original retail."

We already know what then S7 lite price is gonna be. 1400. And the Avalon still probably won't sell cause of it.

Bitcoin price spike Last year made a lot of people greedy and desperate. The days of selling overpriced Technology is over.

And amazon\ebay have better prices for some sp20s s3s and s4s. If these two aren't priced right? Going with old tech. I'm not here to lose money. None of us are, but so many here are and ya gotta really wonder why?
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:52:26 PM

Sorry, i don't mean to angrily bash your product even before it came out. I understand that production costs are productions costs and you want to avoid selling at a loss like SP did with the SP20.

I'm just struggling to understand the pricing scheme.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ngzhang

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:10:50 PM

Sorry, i don't mean to angrily bash your product even before it came out. I understand that production costs are productions costs and you want to avoid selling at a loss like SP did with the SP20.

Miner manufactures just sell the rigs at the highest price which can make most of the money.

In China, a fair price for this stage of instock rigs (~0.25-0.3W/Ghs) is ~ 2200RMB/Ths, it's about 345$/Ths. exclude of shipping. By this price, you can sell as many as you want of them. So...what can I say...

ng
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 05:15:21 PM

Miner manufactures just sell the rigs at the highest price which can make most of the money.

In China, a fair price for this stage of instock rigs (~0.25-0.3W/Ghs) is ~ 2200RMB/Ths, it's about 345$/Ths. exclude of shipping. By this price, you can sell as many as you want of them. So...

ng

QUESTION  can this be down clocked and under volted like the 4.1?

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
ngzhang

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:17:02 PM

In China, a fair price for this stage of instock rigs (~0.25-0.3W/Ghs) is ~ 2200RMB/Ths, it's about 345$/Ths. exclude of shipping. By this price, you can sell as many as you want of them. So...

ng

QUESTION  can this be down clocked and under volted like the 4.1?

downclock: certainly

voltage: this is a string design...
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:22:12 PM

ng

QUESTION  can this be down clocked and under volted like the 4.1?

downclock: certainly

voltage: this is a string design...

I see, thanks for your replies, it does make sense, since in the end, it does not matter what is profitable to me, its about whats profitable for others. Thus it make sense for the miners to be so expensive if in China they can be bought out easily at 345$/TH/s.

For your second replies, you seem to mean it is not very prone to being undervolted because it is a string design. However it is possible to down volt the S5 by using 9-11v PSU's.

Is it simply not supported by the chips?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀