Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:15:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon 6 Vs Antminer S7, which one you will choose?  (Read 38725 times)
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 02:21:46 AM

Im more looking for the next bitfury gear  Grin

i prefer the sp50 downclocked to about 9kw  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 02:33:13 AM

Im more looking for the next bitfury gear  Grin

i prefer the sp50 downclocked to about 9kw  Grin

If only we could buy 1 unit. That could be really nice! But no MOQ 10  Undecided

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 02:51:44 AM

There is something about Innosilicon that doesn't quite make sense. Why go public and push the A4 chip when LTC mining is a much smaller market. Really what is the future of LTC?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 03:39:25 AM

There is something about Innosilicon that doesn't quite make sense. Why go public and push the A4 chip when LTC mining is a much smaller market. Really what is the future of LTC?

As there is pretty much 0 compitation.  SFARDS has a chip but did mostly internal things.  If A4 get's made chances are it lasts as most current chip for a while.  They can mine LTC internally for cheap.

And set their price as no competition on consumer versions using it.  So chances are A4 is a little more long term.  But again I don't think they even have shown a prototype or anything so we really don't know how close or far away they are.  They announced really early.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 05:20:12 AM

I agree that the A4 makes no sense at all. They probably decided to make it when litecoin had a little pump a while back to 6$ or so. Bet they regret that, now.

They're making the A3 also, though, right? That's their new SHA256 chip. I really hope they and their partners come out swinging at bitmain.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 05:35:18 AM

I agree that the A4 makes no sense at all. They probably decided to make it when litecoin had a little pump a while back to 6$ or so. Bet they regret that, now.

They're making the A3 also, though, right? That's their new SHA256 chip. I really hope they and their partners come out swinging at bitmain.

They said they were making both which does seem kinda crazy to R/D 2 chip's at the same time.   They were HUGE on selling A1 chips, if they are as good with A3's they could be a decent force.  Also something unique is they tend to sell chips so we could see multiple companies sell A3 machines if they stick with old model of sell.

I have kinda lost a little hope as they announced it so long ago.  Just seems like it's been quite a while.  But I hope they do make it even though they seem to be pretty quiet.
64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 01:13:13 PM

They said they were making both which does seem kinda crazy to R/D 2 chip's at the same time.   They were HUGE on selling A1 chips, if they are as good with A3's they could be a decent force.  Also something unique is they tend to sell chips so we could see multiple companies sell A3 machines if they stick with old model of sell.

I have kinda lost a little hope as they announced it so long ago.  Just seems like it's been quite a while.  But I hope they do make it even though they seem to be pretty quiet.

This might also indicate that for a chip house like Innosilicon, to get to first mining chip prototype, costs <$100k?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:36:02 PM

This might also indicate that for a chip house like Innosilicon, to get to first mining chip prototype, costs <$100k?

It's hard to say on cost with being a private company we will never know this most likely.  Chip making is pretty secret, I'm surprised they mentioned it so early. 

I imagine they are pretty busy if truly doing 2 chips at once.  I think A3 will be main focus and released before A4, but that is speculation.  They made a lot of money from early on so it's hard to say what their budget is on chip R/D.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:09:43 PM

The current choice of a basic miner should be S7 based on many things like price of the machine, BTC2.8 (BTC2.4 if one goes for 9th Batch), whereas one needs to pay >BTC3 which makes no sense as it consumes more electricity than S7 and produces lesser results...

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 02:29:57 PM

The current choice of a basic miner should be S7 based on many things like price of the machine, BTC2.8 (BTC2.4 if one goes for 9th Batch), whereas one needs to pay >BTC3 which makes no sense as it consumes more electricity than S7 and produces lesser results...

Its quiet and much better build quality, but yeah. ASIC mining is pretty much all about ROI, so i can't say Avalon's model is very good to the small miner. Apparently you get much better prices if you buy in bulk, which is not really the case with the few cents saving per unit offer of Bitmain's.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 04:23:17 PM

Its quiet and much better build quality, but yeah. ASIC mining is pretty much all about ROI, so i can't say Avalon's model is very good to the small miner. Apparently you get much better prices if you buy in bulk, which is not really the case with the few cents saving per unit offer of Bitmain's.

Correct this is why I would choose a S7 and not the Avalon.
They are both great asic miners, but in terms of getting your ROI asap, which is very important now the difficulty is finding new highs every day, the Antminers S7 is the winner.
|Ocean|

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Mining Bitcoins Since 2010

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 04:27:09 PM

I prefer Antminer s7 on Avalon 6.
The new Antminer S7 Plus is much more efficient.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:16:17 PM

There's not a S7+ version, am i misunderstanding?

And now the latest batches of S7's have the same efficiency as the Avalon6, so not the only reason to stick with S7 is the GH/$, since the Avalon6 has a much better build quality.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:20:17 PM

And now the latest batches of S7's have the same efficiency as the Avalon6, so not the only reason to stick with S7 is the GH/$, since the Avalon6 has a much better build quality.

No misunderstanding there is not a S7+.  It would not suprise me if they do have one day... but no sign of it yet.   Right now they have batch 9 that is cheaper so they won't do any change before that goes to sale.   

If they were going to change product it would be after then.  But I'm not sure they might milk current design a few more batches.  They have a design ow with less chips and high freq.  Which should mean more profit for them.   
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:03:20 AM

also i doubt the plus version is much more efficient, usually they have a slightly more efficiency, and a much better hashrate

they rely on having a bulky miners with the plus version than anything else, look at the s5+ as an example, which is more efficient only because there is downvolt...
btcbilly

Activity: 13
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:56:00 AM

they rely on having a bulky miners with the plus version than anything else, look at the s5+ as an example, which is more efficient only because there is downvolt...

the only + that has been out that has been bulky is the s5+ .... s3+ was the exact same size and s4+ was slightly smaller then the regular s4
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:59:57 AM

the only + that has been out that has been bulky is the s5+ .... s3+ was the exact same size and s4+ was slightly smaller then the regular s4

with bulky i mean that it deliver more hash, without having a better efficiency, if not for some downvolting or downclocking, which can be done manually with the non"+" version
btcbilly

Activity: 13
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:03:05 AM

with bulky i mean that it deliver more hash, without having a better efficiency, if not for some downvolting or downclocking, which can be done manually with the non"+" version

Gotcha!! my misunderstanding! but ya i agree then lol expecially s3+ just had a diff firmware and sticker that said s3+ lol
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:48:14 PM

Can we please stay on-topic?

gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:55:44 PM

You are right, there ain't any S7+ version...
The latest batches of S7 are cheaper, and they are more efficient than Avalon 6 in terms of Hash rates, while Avalon gives you 3.86 TH/s, S7 gives you up to 4.75 TH/s which is way better than Avalon...
What will you do with the build quality since you are going to get your ROI in less time with S7???
And both are machines, so nothing comes with a guarantee here (in few means)...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: