Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:41:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon 6 Vs Antminer S7, which one you will choose?  (Read 38725 times)
rockyforever

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 05:50:11 PM

I prefer Antminer s7 on Avalon 6.
The new Antminer S7 Plus is much more efficient.

There's not a S7+ version, am i misunderstanding?

And now the latest batches of S7's have the same efficiency as the Avalon6, so not the only reason to stick with S7 is the GH/$, since the Avalon6 has a much better build quality.

The avalon 6 comes at 3.5th/s (thats hoping you have a warm room since they run lower in the cold) and the S7 is 4.8th/s. You can get the S7 plus shipping below $1100 currently. You can ONLY get the Avalon for $1112 in the current group buy and living in the US.

The better deal is the S7. People assumed the Avalon 6 would be able to flex by changing the volts but has not been the case at all.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:08:43 PM

And now the latest batches of S7's have the same efficiency as the Avalon6, so not the only reason to stick with S7 is the GH/$, since the Avalon6 has a much better build quality.

The avalon 6 comes at 3.5th/s (thats hoping you have a warm room since they run lower in the cold) and the S7 is 4.8th/s. You can get the S7 plus shipping below $1100 currently. You can ONLY get the Avalon for $1112 in the current group buy and living in the US.

The better deal is the S7. People assumed the Avalon 6 would be able to flex by changing the volts but has not been the case at all.

I'm getting some some used A6, it came down a bit more expensive than S7 B9 per GH, but i will get them 2 weeks before, which will get me 14.5% to ROI. Getting them "now" will actually bridge the gap between A6 (getting them NOW) and S7, getting them in 2 to 3 maybe 4 weeks.

The time when you get the miners is important too.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:09:43 PM

You can order an S7 Batch 9 with shipping and import fees that will likely cost about $1150 and it isn't shipping for several weeks.  A better comparison would be the Batch 8 which will run you close to $1300 shipped with import fees and ships now.  

As for overclocking the Avalon.  I get 3.8-4 Th at 12.2-12.4 volts all day long.  

Not to mention the USA warranty - I had 1 Avalon6 replaced and it was as simple as calling them and sending it to California.  Try that with Bitmain.  I would also bet that the Batch 8 and 9 S7 have a much higher failure rate than the Avalon6.

Not to mention I get the Avalon6 in 2-3 days while people wait on an S7 for weeks.  I make up the difference by the time yours arrives.

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
rockyforever

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 08:46:26 PM

You can order an S7 Batch 9 with shipping and import fees that will likely cost about $1150 and it isn't shipping for several weeks.  A better comparison would be the Batch 8 which will run you close to $1300 shipped with import fees and ships now.  

As for overclocking the Avalon.  I get 3.8-4 Th at 12.2-12.4 volts all day long.  

Not to mention the USA warranty - I had 1 Avalon6 replaced and it was as simple as calling them and sending it to California.  Try that with Bitmain.  I would also bet that the Batch 8 and 9 S7 have a much higher failure rate than the Avalon6.

Not to mention I get the Avalon6 in 2-3 days while people wait on an S7 for weeks.  I make up the difference by the time yours arrives.

USA there is no import fees which reduces the cost. Also long term, 1 th/s more per miner will out perform avalon 6 even getting them 2 weeks earlier.

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:47:46 PM

USA there is no import fees which reduces the cost. Also long term, 1 th/s more per miner will out perform avalon 6 even getting them 2 weeks earlier.

I beg to differ: check the link below and see the $800 charge for import fees/duties etc.  I can supply a bunch more of those links if necessary. 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1165628.msg13432585#msg13432585

Also, if you are counting on the Batch 9 getting here in 2 weeks, good luck.  If not then you are paying for what the s7 would mine for the Batch 8

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
dmwardjr
Legendary

Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:56:38 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 03:08:59 AM by dmwardjr

I beg to differ: check the link below and see the $800 charge for import fees/duties etc.  I can supply a bunch more of those links if necessary.  

Also, if you are counting on the Batch 9 getting here in 2 weeks, good luck.  If not then you are paying for what the s7 would mine for the Batch 8

You can call UPS and make arrangements for them to call you from now on ANYTIME you have a shipment coming in from outside the U.S.  Also, I have edited my address on BITMAIN's website in my account to include the following:  HST CODE 8471.41.0150  That is actually part of my address now to avoid this occurring again in the future.

I recommend everyone do the same thing in their BITMAIN account:

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
rockyforever

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 04:37:34 AM

I beg to differ: check the link below and see the $800 charge for import fees/duties etc.  I can supply a bunch more of those links if necessary.  

Also, if you are counting on the Batch 9 getting here in 2 weeks, good luck.  If not then you are paying for what the s7 would mine for the Batch 8

Not sure you understand. We do not pay import (i.e. VAT, etc) taxes in the U.S. for bitmain's products. Also, batch 9 has shipped already for some.

dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:39:50 AM

Not sure you understand. We do not pay import (i.e. VAT, etc) taxes in the U.S. for bitmain's products. Also, batch 9 has shipped already for some.

You need to look at that link the other member provided.  THAT WAS ME WHO WAS CHARGED ALMOST $900 USD in tariff charges for the wrong HST CODE applied by my carrier.

I recommend doing the following as well when you place the order:

After you have chosen a carrier [I chose UPS as an example] here is where I was talking about adding a note for delivery with the same HST CODE I mentioned above  "HST CODE: 8471.41.0150":  You can even go as far as to be more detailed in that NOTE to the carrier for delivery by stating the following:

Which is:

Automatic data processing machines and units thereof; magnetic or optical readers, machines for transcribing data onto data media in coded form and machines for processing such data, not elsewhere specified or included.

Comprising in the same housing at least a central processing unit and an input and output unit, whether or not combined.

Other

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:45:30 AM

rockyforever might understand better if he gets an $800 bill upon delivery.  Dmwardjr IS IN THE UNITED STATES and DID get a BIG ASS BILL.

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 05:57:46 PM

rockyforever might understand better if he gets an $800 bill upon delivery.  Dmwardjr IS IN THE UNITED STATES and DID get a BIG ASS BILL.

Certainly did.  Otherwise, I would not have taken the time to post all of the recommendations on ways to POSSIBLY avoid having the wrong HST CODE applied to your shipment that can result in a tariff charge.

David

rockyforever

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 11:45:06 PM

Not sure your point. U.S. does not have tariffs or import fees. The bill was due to clerical error and wrong HST posted on shipping documents. So me receiving a BIG ASS BILL means I now pay a tariff in the U.S. Kilo? So maybe I should contact customs to let them know I didn't pay a BIG ASS BILL for my S7s?

Again your point?

hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:52:46 PM

Not sure your point. U.S. does not have tariffs or import fees. The bill was due to clerical error and wrong HST posted on shipping documents. So me receiving a BIG ASS BILL means I now pay a tariff in the U.S. Kilo? So maybe I should contact customs to let them know I didn't pay a BIG ASS BILL for my S7s?

Again your point?

UPS put a wrong HST code on my last S7 and sent me a bill for $67. I just called the number on the bill and told them it's a data processor, the rep took care of the bill right there and then and sent me an email confirmation within 30 mins.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
rockyforever

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 11:55:06 PM

Again your point?

UPS put a wrong HST code on my last S7 and sent me a bill for $67. I just called the number on the bill and told them it's a data processor, the rep took care of the bill right there and then and sent me an email confirmation within 30 mins.

Exactly, it was a mistake and fixed (just like Dmwardjr is going through). Just because you receive a bill on shipping from outside the U.S. doesn't now mean tariffs now exist in the U.S. as kilo was trying to state.

dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:35:01 AM

Again your point?

Thanks for sharing.  I think the reason why they are making me go through more red tape and not as willing to do that quick of a refund is the dollar amount.  Which pisses me off...  THEIR employee makes a mistake to cost me a lot of money and they [A multi billion dollar company] cannot give me a proper refund without a hassle.  I'm using FedEx from now on until I hear I have a refund.  If I don't get a refund, I will never use UPS again.

rockyforever

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 03:53:57 PM

Again your point?

Thanks for sharing.  I think the reason why they are making me go through more red tape and not as willing to do that quick of a refund is the dollar amount.  Which pisses me off...  THEIR employee makes a mistake to cost me a lot of money and they [A multi billion dollar company] cannot give me a proper refund without a hassle.  I'm using FedEx from now on until I hear I have a refund.  If I don't get a refund, I will never use UPS again.

I use fedex because it is cheaper shipping by at least 10$ and always smooth deliver. I know it depends on location whether UPS or fedex is cheaper for the individual.

dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:16:06 PM

I use fedex because it is cheaper shipping by at least 10$ and always smooth deliver. I know it depends on location whether UPS or fedex is cheaper for the individual.

I sent an email to UPS late last night basically telling them I should not be responsible to pay for a mistake made by one of their employees.  I also told them I'm using another carrier until and/or unless they make the proper refund I am due for their tariff mistake.

They responded with the following reply:

---------------------------------------------

David

I am writing regarding the filing of the Post Entry claim that we have in our office. We will be filing this within the next couple of weeks to CBP and at that time we will credit your account. Unfortunately, we cannot file until the 15th business day after the month in which it was entered based on CBP guidelines

Walt is sending a notice to accounting to let them know the entry is in dispute, although you may get another bill from UPS you can short pay the bill by 780.09 and we will adjust that amount once the claim is filed…it looks like you will owe 109.54 for Customs Merchandise Processing fee and disbursement fee. The duty amount will be in dispute

I have also asked my Philadelphia partners to reach out to you regarding future shipments and how you want them processed.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

I'm fine with the $109.54 charge for Customs Merchandise Processing fee and disbursement fee.  No problem with that at all for $30,000 worth of merchandise.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 06:51:44 PM

I sent an email to UPS late last night basically telling them I should not be responsible to pay for a mistake made by one of their employees.  I also told them I'm using another carrier until and/or unless they make the proper refund I am due for their tariff mistake.

They responded with the following reply:

David

I am writing regarding the filing of the Post Entry claim that we have in our office. We will be filing this within the next couple of weeks to CBP and at that time we will credit your account. Unfortunately, we cannot file until the 15th business day after the month in which it was entered based on CBP guidelines

Walt is sending a notice to accounting to let them know the entry is in dispute, although you may get another bill from UPS you can short pay the bill by 780.09 and we will adjust that amount once the claim is filed…it looks like you will owe 109.54 for Customs Merchandise Processing fee and disbursement fee. The duty amount will be in dispute

I have also asked my Philadelphia partners to reach out to you regarding future shipments and how you want them processed.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

I'm fine with the $109.54 charge for Customs Merchandise Processing fee and disbursement fee.  No problem with that at all for $30,000 worth of merchandise.

Glad to hear it all worked out.  Only problem I ever had was a weight issue.  UPS somehow picked my package that was a Bitmain PSU for checking... and it weighed more then declared.  So I had to pay like 10 dollars was not bad.

That is all i have had to pay for mistakes.   US is pretty good overall on importing compared to a lot of the EU costs.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 07:04:58 PM

Glad to hear it all worked out.  Only problem I ever had was a weight issue.  UPS somehow picked my package that was a Bitmain PSU for checking... and it weighed more then declared.  So I had to pay like 10 dollars was not bad.

That is all i have had to pay for mistakes.   US is pretty good overall on importing compared to a lot of the EU costs.

I sent another email thanking them for their adjustment and keeping me updated.

Everything looks like it will be okay... Thank goodness!

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3909

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:49:51 PM

I sent another email thanking them for their adjustment and keeping me updated.

Everything looks like it will be okay... Thank goodness!

I am glad to hear this, but the whole process is truly convoluted to say the least.
Spond was providing HST on the airbill. I don't see why BMT cannot do the same-the number that you researched.
as far as UPS/FEDEX from China-UPS is a bit faster, FEDEX is a bit cheaper and FEDEX is more prone to get stuck according to others (over the last two years or so), but i never experienced this myself. i am using UPS from BMT, but FEDEX ground domestically, especially in vicinity as it is both cheap and fast.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:13:10 PM

I am glad to hear this, but the whole process is truly convoluted to say the least.
Spond was providing HST on the airbill. I don't see why BMT cannot do the same-the number that you researched.
as far as UPS/FEDEX from China-UPS is a bit faster, FEDEX is a bit cheaper and FEDEX is more prone to get stuck according to others (over the last two years or so), but i never experienced this myself. i am using UPS from BMT, but FEDEX ground domestically, especially in vicinity as it is both cheap and fast.

Same here.  I've tried both and liked the speed of UPS.  I've had UPS do a total of 9 shipments for me from China thus far.  8 of them went flawlessly.  This last one, however, ended up creating cause for concern.  I've had people who chose both UPS and FedEx go through a similar situation as mine.

Hence, the reasoning behind me taking the following action:

1.  Add the proper HST CODE out to the right of my street address for my account at bitmaintech.com
2.  Add the proper HST CODE out to the right of my Federal EIN/SSN number for my business on my account at bitmaintech.com
3.  Have UPS call me from now on anytime a shipment for me arrived inside the US from another country to allow me to provide the proper HST CODE.
4.  Add a NOTE to the carrier on bitmain's website when placing the order that includes the proper HST CODE.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: